boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

Not a big fan of Zombies still hitting you when you kill them (Even without them starting an animation)

Not a big fan of Zombies still appearing to run in a straight like after you've shot them, got hit alot of times over this

Not a big fan of Zombies immediately knowing where you are once you've killed them, even if you use a Sporter (A presumed silent weapon, and yes i have round a 30 rnd mag for it they do exist)

Not a massive fan of the immediate respawn neither, in general the zombies are f'king ridiculous in their current state.

use a goddman axe to kill the zombies and stop shooting everything this is not the wild wild west...

zombis are great atm u want to shoot them? then you are ringing the dinner bell... expect more to come... do you think every town has only 2-3 zeds on release? lol

this is a ZOMBI survival game!

Edited by quantum2k6

I haven't played for about 2 month.Yesterday i've played and i found that all my soda cans is unlimited (2 cola and 1 spite). I can drink it and than it stays in my inventory and i can drink more and more

Did you try to log out and log in again? Back in the dayz that destroyed my unlimited beer and berry supplies, one use only again ;(.

It may have been related to battleeye as I was just able to play for an extended period of time after a battleeye update with no DC.

Also found a longhorn and I'm not sure I even want to keep it.

I have plenty of ammo for the other 3 guns I'm carrying....

It seems really neat though.

Im still getting disconnected as of yesterday evening. Is there something we can do or try? The game is nearly unplayable as Enemies, zeds and other things kill me when I am suddenly DCed every 15-20mins.

Edited by bishopomega

*snip*

zombis are great atm u want to shoot them?

*snip*

I disagree wholeheartedly.

In fact, the whole "don't shoot zombies" thing is silly.

.22's can be quiet and effective.

Once the zombie spawn numbers are up and stealth is more reliably implemented, I will agree.

In the mod I often looted larger towns/cities using only the axe just for the reasons you stated.

Currently in the SA the broken mechanics associated with EVERYTHING the zombies do makes handling them more than a little RNG.

Im still getting disconnected as of yesterday evening. Is there something we can do or try? The game is nearly unplayable as Enemies, zeds and other things kill me when I am suddenly DCed every 15-20mins.

Maybe I got lucky somehow last night but my last play session was at least an hour.

I personally didn;t do anything to fix the DC problem.

I merely noticed that Battleeye updated just prior to my being able to play longer.

I'm really glad/lucky I have not died or been hit during DC....

Edit: I logged into the same server I was on last night and played for about 2 hours uninterrupted.

The loot in the building I was in was exactly the same as yesterday when I logged out.

I cleared a the small southern military base and the entire NWAF with little trouble and encountered maybe 6 zombies at NWAF, total. Both military locations seemed to have been looted and no respawn was evident.

Zombie interaction is still a little better for me on this server.

I really like that the zombies can follow you silently now (you might hear footsteps but no vocalizations), whether it's a sound glitch or not, I have been surprised by a few which made for some fun quick draw situations.

Now I've found one of these (construction site) but I already have an FNX with sight....

7mR49o8.jpg

Edited by BioHaze

after my game crashed it started using a different profile (was somehow using 'dayz other profile' folder then reverted to documents/dayz ..) anyhow..my char got reset but also all the controls configs and all...

Knife on deer pelt works for the leather backpack.

I think you mean the leather sack?

Possible workaround for "Random 10-30 min disconnects/losing connection"(need feedback!):

story: my friend was experiencing this issue and he decided to reinstall his whole system (format c:). It worked for him so i started to think about a less brutal method. Battleeye was suspicious so i searched everything about battleeye failures related to DayZ SA.

Workaround:

Step1: remove the game through steam -> Delete Local content (maybe its not necessary but i did that)

Step2: remove Battleeye folders. I followed the instructions of this reddit conversation: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/21nm1s/battleye_continuously_updating_for_anyone_else/

Step3: Install the game through Steam

Step4: Enjoy

It worked for me(2.5 hour continous gameplay) so give feedback about this workaround even if its not OK for you.

(grammar nazis are welcome)

Edited by amikron

I have a quite big problem right now with the game.

I haven't played for some patches and started again a few days ago. Since then I am getting HORRIBLE lags especially when close to northern cities, but also in general. Tuning my graphic settings didn't work (i used to play on very high) tried normal + low, but still lagging a lot. Same applies for people that I have met, everyone seems to be having those lags which make it unplayable. (I have talked to random strangers who thankfully didnt kos and also friends i was playing with and they all have the same problem)

I sadly can't blame my setup, as this works fine for many other games playing on high graphic settings, but here it goes

Gforce GTX 760

16 GB RAM

Intel Core i7 3820

What i can see is that the DayZ process is taking up 3GB memory (which is insane) when playing on "low" quality.

I have also seen that somehow my mouse seems to be on the second monitor (still ingame + moving) so it seems like the fullscreen is broken

Any suggestions?

So iv just purchased a server and I am unsure if persistence is in or not. Some people say that tents (and items inside) are persistent others say that the server isnt persistent at all???? Anyone got any info

So iv just purchased a server and I am unsure if persistence is in or not. Some people say that tents (and items inside) are persistent others say that the server isnt persistent at all???? Anyone got any info

According to the dev blogs, no. Only on bi servers. You'll have to wait (probably for 0.49).

About human centipede sounds:

Having the same thing - sounds like Benny Hill Show =)). Heard that, trew away my trusty M4 a couple of times for no reason and decided to wait for next stable =)). Especially after zed, whom I tried to kill by freshly found Longhorn from like 500 metres away (missed of course), flung himself to me only to run past me in to the woods a minute later =))).

P.S. Forums are working strange - I cannot quote no one and cannot paste previously copied text in to the post editor, while it is pasted fine in to the Notepad.

Edited by Maxzy

Apparently, the DC problem has been fixed. I still however, have crash issues when I back out of a server.

bishopomega - that's an old problem that's fairly common I believe.

....I fought off a lot of zombies yesterday.

Ever since they announced the coming database wipe, I'm playing a bit more "Rambo style".

Playing on low ping servers seems to smooth out a little of the hit detection/recognition.

I got blasted by a military zombie, who broke my arm, validating the splint I've been carrying.

I played on 3 different vanilla servers last night.

On one server all of the zombies seemed frozen until you shot them

My observations about zombies and zombie pathing in this current soon to be extinct build are (some of these have already been noted by others or are well known to still exist as problems):

Locking zombies out of or into buildings works in maybe 10% of structures (mostly structures built on a level foundation with the terrain/needing no steps to get inside).

RE pathing in general: using the hospital and the jail as an example; some zombies get "stuck" at the foot of staircases. Hoppers can climb the stairs in the jail but from what I've seen, most walkers did not. Having many rounds at my disposal I could aggro zombies from afar while killing the ones that came to the foot of the jail house staircase without too much worry as they would neatly line up to be shot, with the odd hopper trying to squeak past.

Zombies can see me from incredible distances and I never see a town populated with slow shambling/hopping zombies from a distance (like in the mod). This would improve current gameplay greatly for my style of play. With a view of the pattern of zombies I can plan stealth and attack maneuvers based on zombie layout to improve my chances of looting or possibly clearing a town. I fear that this may not be a reality until the new game engine so I always couch my expectations with each update.

Just a few thoughts there, "for whom it may concern"....

Edited by BioHaze

Yes i tried other servers, same result everywhere. 

I've played on servers that have indeed higher ping the lag is even worse there, for me it seems like all player movement is calculated on the server (while it should only be the client synching stats with the server), so this makes the network gigantic and the load on the server EXTREME. I will try the fixes you suggested and let you know if that helps in any way.

What i also noticed: i keep hearing sounds (like zombie) very short (or ammo splitting) all over the server quite often. I tried this with friends and even tho they were on the other half of the map they heard the same noises. So the global sound bug still seems to be present.

Another thing:
Zombies animation is completely unaccurate. When you fight one and go a few steps back and the animation clearly misses you you still get hit. So running in circles is a must when fighting zombies melee. This is easy to dodge and i am not complaining about the difficulty, but its just annoying if the animation doesnt fit. Also when you kill a zombie it keeps moving for some reason

Last thing:
When killing another player, the loot seems waaay off the body. I would say 2-3 feet in worst case situation, so its kinda hard to loot bodies if the loot is not where the body is

According to the dev blogs, no. Only on bi servers. You'll have to wait (probably for 0.49).

Hmmm, are you sure? Reason I ask is that this past weekend I was playing. I was carrying an axe and a rifle. Think it was a Mosin. Eventually I found a shotgun so I put the Mosin on my back and took the shotty into my hands. I ran around for a while looking for a hacksaw to cut the shotgun down to fit it in my pack. I didn't find a saw so I went into a police station and logged.

Later in the day I logged back on and I still had the shotgun in my hands. I was like WTF! :)  I ran around some more still looking for a hacksaw and still didn't find one.

Long story short is that I logged off several times and when I came back i was still carrying the shotgun. I eventually died due to my poor shooting abilities but thought that keeping the shotty was pretty cool.

Edited by s1rGr1nG0

Hmmm, are you sure? Reason I ask is that this past weekend I was playing. I was carrying an axe and a rifle. Think it was a Mosin. Eventually I found a shotgun so I put the Mosin on my back and took the shotty into my hands. I ran around for a while looking for a hacksaw to cut the shotgun down to fit it in my pack. I didn't find a saw so I went into a police station and logged.

Later in the day I logged back on and I still had the shotgun in my hands. I was like WTF! :)  I ran around some more still looking for a hacksaw and still didn't find one.

Long story short is that I logged off several times and when I came back i was still carrying the shotgun. I eventually died due to my poor shooting abilities but thought that keeping the shotty was pretty cool.

Logging with a rifle on your back and one in your hands has worked forever. It is in your inventory and is saved with your character. I think your char automatically taking into the hands is new in 0.48 though. That was actually my plan to do with tents, when I find one. Put it into my hands, switch to a persistant server and place it there. That way you should be able to move from one server to another with your tents, I think. Now we read that we get a total wipe, then someone cited Dean saying that is not the case, but no source was provided, who knows. Either way, carrying two rifles is not new and has nothing to do with persistance.

Edited by bautschi

Hardly anyone Does scouting and looting silently right now. 

zombie aggro/player detection is HORRIBLY broken  .

Are there any plans to improve this ? When will crouching/sneaking become possible again, i  remember the early mod where it was possible to loot houses sneaky and silent, without pulling every Zed in a 200m radius.

i think it added a lot to the game.

Right now its only playable without sneaking because in most towns there are simply no zombies, due to the poor server performance when having high zombie population on  a server.

Edited by nebelwerfer

Hardly anyone Does scouting and looting silently right now. 

zombie aggro/player detection is HORRIBLY broken  .

Are there any plans to improve this ? When will crouching/sneaking become possible again, i  remember the early mod where it was possible to loot houses sneaky and silent, without pulling every Zed in a 200m radius.

i think it added a lot to the game.

Right now its only playable without sneaking because in most towns there are simply no zombies, due to the poor server performance when having high zombie population on  a server.

It's not so impossible. I get a number of zombie kills by simply walking up behind them and giving them a screwdriver to the back of the skull. Running up to them will often alert them so there's something at work there. Yeah you'll sometimes aggro ones from 300m because you passed in their sight path by walking past a second-floor window and that can be annoying but it's really not so horrible. It'll be great when it's improved but I feel a lot of the criticism is overly dramatic.

Edited by Ebrim

I died from a combination of factors last night but the core reason I died was my own carelessness in-game.

I went from the large zombie free northern sprawl/nameless city to one of the towns just south and thought I could sprint leisurely through attracting little attention, but no dice.

Apparently I had avoided the whole never ending zombies thing up until just this point because as I tried to gain ground and kill the incoming 1 or 2 zombies I could see, another 1 or 2 was never far behind. Soon they were getting too close for comfort and I took a couple hard and direct hits which began the bleeding.

I kept hoping as I tried to run and gun a little, that when I breached the wooded areas, clear of towns, I could find a moment to bandage between picking off zeds/reloading, and switching weapons, again no dice.

Honestly, I had wondered why so many people kept ranting on guns being a bad idea/dinner bell in this build and this was the first time using one seemed to backfire on me.

Now I'm Fonzie, with a splitting axe, and boonie hat. AAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

Edited by BioHaze

I haven't played in about a week. How does everyone feel about the current implementation of persistence in stable servers? I don't think I've put enough time in on 0.48 stable yet to form an opinion.