boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

Well, I thought that persistent items would be in, but I can confirm that it does not work. Put up my tent and waited for server restart. Gone when I joined again.... -_-

You probably weren't in an official server. What was your server?

edit: I am also wondering about the first person servers

Edited by Ether mR

Here is an example of a server where Tents will remain after a restart: GOOD

DayZ UK 2-0 (Public/3PP:ON/Persistence:ON) 124737 - Hosted by GameServers.com

Here is an example of a server where Tents will NOT be there after a restart: BAD

DayZ (Public/Veteran) 124737 - Hosted by GameServers.com

To be precise set your Server FILTER to show servers with the word "persistence" and those servers SHOULD be a safe place to park your tent.

You should be wary of servers as some people may write their server name with the word persistence just to attract attention. You need to be a little careful and test the server before commiting completely

How to test a server means you sacrifice a tent and see if its there after restart

Ok you may loose a tent and the items inside but its the only way to be sure.

An empty tent may not persist on a server so pop something in the tent inventory that your willing to loose like a rag or something.

Edited by JohnDMarshall
  • Like 2

Found a bug where there are invisible zombies. Was looting a small town and started to get hit by zombies that were not showing up on my screen 

Cant craft leather sack using rope on deer pelt. Something i do wrong ?

Only boar pelt, known issue from experimental

Already I see improvements from the last update.

Zombies seem more abundant. I had a good old fashion run for the woods with a few trailing me close behind. It was nice to get my pulse up again.

I actually found more rounds for my FNX.

I did seem to see a lot of loot but it was mostly damaged or of little value to me.

Performance seems about the same for me but I'm currently running fairly low settings to preserve performance on my rapidly aging rig.

The complainers need to just go away. Never EVER EVER EVER get attached to your gear. I've been playing this game for 2 years and have lost my gear or character to every possible stupid thing you can imagine. Unfortunately at this stage, it's all part of the experience.

Regardless of whether you understand testing, or alpha, you are not MENTALLY STABLE ENOUGH to be involved in a long, precarious, ever evolving, game development process.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Found a bug where there are invisible zombies. Was looting a small town and started to get hit by zombies that were not showing up on my screen 

I believe I have encountered an invisible zombie glitch once myself.

Although, if you were upstairs, it is also known that they can hit you through the ceiling below you.

I believe I have encountered an invisible zombie glitch once myself.

Although, if you were upstairs, it is also known that they can hit you through the ceiling below you.

First i was outside and started to get hit. I ran into a building and was on the first floor where i tried to attack it but no impact animations were seen and the attacking continued. 

Nevermind, found the ejected ammo in my pants.

MAYBE STOP PREMATURELY EJECTING YOUR AMMO HAHAHAHAAHAHAH

• Like 3

Not popular enough.

People would play on those servers no matter if HC or not.

There better should be tomorrow some 1st person servers when I get home.

How do I feel about .48? Well  IF I was like some folks it would be wa!...wa!..wa!....Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!  JUST KIDDING.

Good work Devs and I am sure that whatever isn't just right will be fixed over time...thanks again guys. And hey the new town North to North East of the rail station looks great and there is enough loot there to make it worth the trip. I Didn't see and Zombies there though. 

Updated the game.(got excited as fk..)

Joined my favorite server in my quest of finding a tent.

Server got restarted.

Joined back after restart.

Character and gear lost.

Got kicked by admin for no reason.

Went to another server.

Looted and battled zombies for 4 hours.

Character went prone by itself, zombie came out of nowhere, got hit twice while I was Healthy, Energized and Hydrated and got Killed.

Raged and quit the game.

10/2 will play again till next update.

221100_screenshots_2014_08_13_00001.jpg

Oh and it seems like they made some progress with the zombies. In some buildings if you lock them in, they can't get out.

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

I've been playing with some of the new stuff and its pretty sweet. Can't wait to discover more because look what I found:

PxWFuir.jpg

• Like 1

Went online, joined about 5 servers. Went through 10 buildings on each server and found no loot. Got mauled by a zombie to death on each. Not sure what to think.

• Like 2

We're not even off the first page yet and people are already whining like little babies. If you don't like it, it's as simple as this: DON'T PLAY THE GAME. We will NOT miss you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

To anyone concerned about the issues people are whining about: it's not that bad. 0.47 was perfectly playable and so is 0.48. Apparently if you don't get everything handed to you then the game sucks  :rolleyes:

Thx bro i luv u for that one,

Some comments on this patch:

I like the new police car random spawns and all the new wrecks with loot

I am very happy that they are adding some towns near the North-west, once you add 1 or 2 more to that region, then some on the middle, resume spawns along the whole coast please!

This patch was only on stable for like what, a day or two, and it has a lot of bugs in it that are known, not complaining, especially since they aren't dirty bugs, but I think you should've waited a bit longer to release it

Is loot respawn in, I see the tables have changed but is it finally in? It seemed fine to me, a couple tweaks to improve it but thats all. Also if it is in, if anyone knows, how does the respawning actually work.

Pretty upset I still won't be able to free my backpack of the tents ⛺yet, but was nice to see an explanation of why it's being added in a slow meticulous Process.

Can't wait to go chopper hunting when I get home.

Keep those patches and status reports flowing great job guys!!

Edited by JPWiser
  • Like 1

Invisible zombies comin' to get ya where ever ya loot, comin' to get ya, comin' to get ya!

Also why only one fucking hardcore server with persistent loot?

Edited by Exorade

Pretty upset I still won't be able to free my backpack of the tents ⛺yet, but was nice to see an explanation of why it's being added in a slow meticulous Process.

Can't wait to go chopped hunting when I get home.

Keep those patches and status reports flowing great job guys!!

??

/insert jokes

RP's invisible zombies like poltergeist is happening.

/close jokes

Scared the beans outta me when it happened. I'm glad it's only happened once to me.

It made me wonder if they could possibly be spawning under the map in a way? Hitting you through the ground, rather than actually being "invisible"? Eh, whaddu I know? Not, much; not much.

I'm confused, why did persistent enabled appear in my host name after the update and why did my server provider gaming deluxe tell me to delete it?

Ok, this game with every new patch geting even worse.

First, they deleted my backpack, with legal found M4, all rags and bandages, protector case, all SKS ammo, all water, almost everything they deleted from my character. 

Every of that items is LEGAL FOUND, I AM NOT SOME FUCKING HACKER OR DUPER OR ANYTHING ELSE. STOP DELETING GEAR OF INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!

Before this update I got fully geared, and I have proof of course.

Couple of weeks ago with 0.47 update

http://cloud-4.steam...4ED24812C675CA/

And now

http://cloud-4.steam...A0371A7EFA8D0C/

And of course, super ZOMBIE broke all bones in my body, and I even bleeding now, but dont have rags or bandages because developers delete them all.

http://cloud-4.steam...5461C9B9F3ECCC/

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS, THANK YOU DEAN!

You bought alpha game, you are a funny guy.

• Like 1

Hey people.

Tents are definitely in.

I just raided a camp.

I'm going to upload the video on youtube.

Am i allowed to post youtube links here ?

Yes and in the 0.48 he said that he include the hotfix for persisstence but now its 0.49 and tommorow its on 0.50 ? lol

Please open your Eyes guys !

I have them open and I like what I see. You got problems with that?

Double post

Edited by JPWiser

Well, I climbed down from my deer stand today to take a look around.....

First thing I noticed was the lag spikes, never really had an issue with them before, but now WOW they happen a whole lot more.

Next thing was the city LAG, as soon as I started rendering the city (any city, I went to five) my rig started chugging, very low fps.

Before patch DayZ = Ultra setting no lag at all, anywhere. This patch lol I don't know what they did, but its chewing my fps up big time. :huh:

specs... i7-4770S @ 3.10 GHz (RAM) 16 GB --- Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Its ALPHA BABY!!! :lol: I can live with it lol

sooooooo anyone else having this problem?