boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

As bautschi said, all you do is rant with the hysterically long LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at the end.

When I go on to the patch discussion I don't want to see some random dude with half a brain talking about how bad the game is and how shit everything is in 4 individual fucking posts.

Get out.

Well, if you all stopped quoting him the Topic would be a lot less Trollish, just don't quote him, don't feed it.

I've wasted more time removing quotes which are often off- topic flame bait, than following his content to judge what action to take (if any).

401) Duck Feeding:

The feeding of Ducks is strictly forbidden as it may result in undesired life extension.

• Like 2

Sorry my graphics are now on minimum. 

New town west from Novo, they need to fix this

Pub

XvEwGwh.jpg

vmffipa.jpg

The sign that floats in the air 

dQ35gDd.jpg

y4mX3ge.jpg

Sorry my graphics are now on minimum

Try fiddling with the res. in dayz.cfg. My minimum runs like shit and looks terrible, But with fiddling with these i managed it to look 10x better and no lag. I set the res to my desktop res. and just tweak rendering resolution ingame to 87% for that "smooth" look. With post processing low on it looks and has better performance on my 2 year old laptop then someone with better oldish gamerrigsrigs. Jsut he right configs and it makes a huge difference i really can't explain.

Edited by aasand

I'm guessing nobody is ever going to craft arrows with how rare chickens are

I'm also pretty pissed at how persistence is only on bi servers, hopefully we get persistence by the end of the month.

Chickens not rare. It is just that zombies kill them.

Guys... where did the 7.62x51mm ammo go? I've been playing on and off for the past 24 hours on different servers, searching military bases and camps for it. I've only found 3 rounds so far... Before the update, I'd find around 60-100 rounds in a matter of a few hours if I stuck around a military area.

• Like 1

Please someone tell me there's an issue with the servers, Just tried joining the server I had put my tent on (yes it's got persistent storage on) was stuck on "wait for host" for like 5, 6 minutes, got the player list show up  with "please wait" waited like another 5 or 6 minutes before getting put back the server browser with "connection lost"

I then try my clan's server, I spawn as a freshy. I do the usual routine of logging out right away and trying another server, our clans old server, but I still spawn as a freshy, but this time, I'm in a new location. I try a few more server and each time I'm a freshy in a new location.

I didn't notice any warnings about the server not being able to connect to the central hive, can anyone confirm an issue with the servers or have I just been wiped? 

I had the same issue, three of my clanmates as well. No messages about hives, no message about what to do...

Logged on to several other servers, including one that had persistent items on, but doesn't bring back my gear...

So, we just decided to take this chance to loot as freshspawns, and we get some gear. Then the server reset, and we all got reset again.

I've tried once again, but this time kept the little gear I had. I'm reluctant to gear up now, as it seems that your stuff can easily dissapear :(

Where are all the official stable hardcore servers?

I can only see one.

Regular on the other hand, dozens if not over a hundred.

Edited by Exorade

Try fiddling with the res. in dayz.cfg. My minimum runs like shit and looks terrible, But with fiddling with these i managed it to look 10x better and no lag. I set the res to my desktop res. and just tweak rendering resolution ingame to 87% for that "smooth" look. With post processing low on it looks and has better performance on my 2 year old laptop then someone with better oldish gamerrigsrigs. Jsut he right configs and it makes a huge difference i really can't explain.

I dont want to mess up with cfg.

I think they will probably get the option to loot bed pillows in the future but only using the knife to cut it. Maybe someone hid something else, like a small gun :)

Edited by Otis.Driftwood
  • Like 1

I saw 5 zombies hauling ass through berezino all crazy thinking they were chasing a player, followed them to find that they were all chasing a chicken through town.. Lol'd pretty hard.

• Like 2

I dont want to mess up with cfg.

Just make a backup. There is a lot of improvement to be made and easily understandable textfile with graphic settings.

New town west from Novo, they need to fix this

It's not a finished town... hence the "Under Construction" signs at either end of the city. I'm actually surprised they included it at all, but it's already pretty far along and it does at least spawn loot.

As an aside: anyone else notice that loot spawns in the wood floor tents in military camps again? :D

Edited by Tatanko

I think they will probably get the option to loot bed pillows in the future but only using the knife to cut it. Maybe someone hid something else, like a small gun :)

I can see it now.... bed pillows become equipable and suddenly berezino is a big pillow fight. pulling feathers from pillows is a great idea however most feathers used as stuffing are useless for fletching.

• Like 1

Where are all the official stable hardcore servers?

I can only see one.

Regular on the other hand, dozens if not over a hundred.

I was wondering the same myself.

since this morning, whenever I drink from a canteen, my character goes fully prone when he's done.

so I was drinking, and a zombie shows up.  I cancel drinking to defend myself.  my character slowly and carefully puts the canteen away and lies down.  that's this patch's f**k the game moment.

When this first happened to me on 3PP view and my guy just face-planted into the floor, I thought I'd just drunk a canteen full of bleach or something. Scared the shit out of me til I realised I could get up again.

I can see it now.... bed pillows become equipable and suddenly berezino is a big pillow fight. pulling feathers from pillows is a great idea however most feathers used as stuffing are useless for fletching.

True. ;)

Btw, i can confirm that the looking through wall isn't doable anymore. I tried it on police station. Anyone to confirm on other objects? 

How about the issues of your character being wiped after a reset and logging back in?? How is this still an issue in this game?
Pretty much every fricking game i know of that is online, has the ability to save your character and loot... but not dayz, a game that has enough threats to lose your gear and life to, they still have to rob us of hours sometimes days/weeks of playing a character.

Edited by Cazad0r

Btw, i can confirm that the looking through wall isn't doable anymore. I tried it on police station. Anyone to confirm on other objects? 

That's one of the best updates in this patch. E.g in a 40 player server in Berezino, there would be tons of players there but you wouldn't see many because everyone is sitting in a house looking through walls.

Lost my hardcore and regular character after sim resets then lost the new character after another reset. Not sure why this keeps happening.

So... apparently I got a bit more lucky today than yesterday... Much more...

After being chased through Novy Sobor by four zombies, that I actually managed to kill after hiding out up in a barn, within the next hour or so I found:

- Three wild boars

- Four deers

- Two heli crashsites

- Holosights for my crossbow

- Colt Python with speedloader

- A 75 round drum mag

- A metric shitton of .380 ammo that I don't even know what to use for...

Seems like an awful lot to me...

Also I noticed that while going through the school building in Vybor in 3pp, my camera view would slip up through the ceiling every now and then. I hadn't noticed that happening before.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: The numbers for zeroing on the holosights are unreadable for me. I'm playing on 1366x768 but I can't make out the numbers, they're just too small.

Edited by James Hawke

Duping still works :( and we have grenades and flashbangs now... :o

hell i hope they fix it soon...

LET THE NADESPAMMING BEGIN!

:facepalm:

Instantly Sad :( , I thought a dev stated this was an easy fix?

Guys, i lost my second gun on both regular and hardcore servers. Not that i mind i am just asking is that a fix or what? 

Extra weapon you carry in your hand? I lost mine 4 times on .47