HeroAtDay BanditAtNight

Does carrying a sporter 22 make you a more 'friendly" player

Since this gun is a pea shooter IMO, does carrying one makes them less hostile than someone carrying an SKS???

I have been shot by a sporter 22 while I was giving away a can opener to someone. Then while I was scrolling my items, the guy shot me a couple of time. I put him down of course.

So does it make you a more friendly player if you use a sporter 22?

Tbh every weapon is a threat, but if i see someone running with what looks like "good" gear and a sporter/blaze/any other hunting rifle, insted of AK's and M4's i generally tend to trust him more.

Assault rifles just doesnt mean "you can trust me" in most cases, but ofc trust is a difficult word to use in a game like this :)

In general, i tend to trust civilian looking people alot more then military geared players, simply because most of the military geared people ive run into, had no other agenda then to kill me, where most of the civilians wanted to trade or interact in some way.

But its hard to generalise like that. Its exactly the same dilemma as the PayDay masks and gasmasks hehe.

Carrying a .22 makes me more hostile, because ... well ... that's what carrying a pea shooter with no clip does to a person in a zombie situation.

• Like 1

Since this gun is a pea shooter IMO, does carrying one makes them less hostile than someone carrying an SKS???

I have been shot by a sporter 22 while I was giving away a can opener to someone. Then while I was scrolling my items, the guy shot me a couple of time. I put him down of course.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. NO because they can still knock you out with it. And its even more accurate now to believe it or not since the patch. A well placed head shot can do it.

I've seen someone holding a really nasty looking garden spade before. Decided to put him on his back, you know, just to be sure.

lets be honest here 75% of the players will shoot you what ever cloths your wearing what ever gun or melee your carrying or even if you dont have anything lol.most of those will go yeah got another bandit..

Dont want to get shot dont be seen want to still have interaction stalk a player and when you got them dead to rights then say hello and go from there if you think there trust worthy friendly etc ( if they run shoot them if they try turn around before some trust is had shoot them if they dont talk or there is long breaks in the talking shoot them , if they are moving in slight bits here and there in any given direction shoot them ,) i am no hero but i am not a KOSer or bandit either if i feel there some trust to be built ill trade or offer help or shoot the breeze but most guys just try to get the jump on ya so atleast 60% of my interaction ends in me shooting them lol.

If you have no mag for it and you're carrying it around in your hands, it makes you a prime target for fresh spawns and if you do have a mag for it then both fresh spawns and armed players will try to kill you

i love the sporter it has served me well and on numerous occasions ive been left alone because of it usually along the lines of some one calls out "friendly" to which i usually reply i primary a sporter what do you think . i have been knocked out then the player check my gear then revive me or maybe its pure luck i wouldnt say it makes you more friendly but maybe less threatening ...like previously mentioned my character is weeks old fully kitted but rocking the same sporter so its doing something 

When I see someone with a sporter I think, they are either new and don't realize they are carrying a garbage weapon or they just spawned and haven't found a real weapon yet.

Hell, I recently discarded an AK101 I was using as a second primary because the damaged plastic stock and handrail made you do giant figure eights when aiming it. Not to mention that other than finding full AK101 clips, it's too much of a pain in the ass to find ammo for it.

The FNX pistol is a better weapon than the sporter and you can hide it in a shirt as a fresh spawn. The sporter just screams, please kill me... It will be easy.

Edited by way455

Carrying a sporter means you're underarmed, and it's likely not loaded - because honestly noone carries one around once they find something bigger, so you never have a sporter very long. If I run into someone with a sporter I usually assuming I'm as safe as someone unarmed.

Its a scarry weapon, people use it to shoot you in the dick multiple times :o

• Like 1

Not really. The Sporter 22 might make you a little more sneaky. If you don't have a magazine you might be any kind of player who just didn't find another weapon. If you do have a magazine you probably visited military loot spawns which in turn means that you might at least consider shooting other players. Then the weapon comes with some natural advantages like low recoil, abundant and easy to carry ammunition and the already mentioned low noise level. Some "bad guys" might find it more appealing than the SKS for this reason.

I really can't find a reason to use the Sporter... as most of you say, it's basically a pea shooter. Plus, I have only ever once in ... let me look... 81 hours of DayZ found a magazine for that thing. And I have never seen a magazine for an Amphibia. That's how useful .22 weapons are to me. I'd have more luck tossing them at the enemy.

Edited by James Hawke

Well if you are like me, carrying a sporter or no gun i the open means i have a Magnum or a (before they broke) shotgun inside my coat.

Tip for finding Sporter 22 magazines: go on a search for pistol mags. Found three 30 round magazines before I found a single pistol magazine (which happened to be for the Amphibia S).

Not really. The Sporter 22 might make you a little more sneaky. If you don't have a magazine you might be any kind of player who just didn't find another weapon. If you do have a magazine you probably visited military loot spawns which in turn means that you might at least consider shooting other players. Then the weapon comes with some natural advantages like low recoil, abundant and easy to carry ammunition and the already mentioned low noise level. Some "bad guys" might find it more appealing than the SKS for this reason.

And if you're lucky enough to find a 30 round magazine you can fire off a lot more than the SKS can. Granted, I really hope they move the magazines to civilian spawns, just like with the pistols and the CR527, but the Sporter-22 can be a pretty potent weapon.

Granted, it's still a low tier weapon because .22LR rounds have a petty hit and the fact that you need magazines for it to be useful mean that even something like the SKS and Mosin will always be better for the simple fact that they don't need magazines, even if they're eventually made rarer.

• Like 1

Did you guys notice that if you load up the sporter with one round you can fire multiple times if you click really rapidly?

The server (and thus other players) seem to think you only fired once but the client sure has a blast.

Wondering if I should bother reporting the bug.

Thats a bug that happened to me with the Amphibia S (chambered) and the sawn-off shotgun as well - however, only one (two in case of the shotgun) of the shots seems to deal real damage - the rest is just "fake".

I might be more likely to make contact with a person armed with a spotter, but to be honest, if I am looking to make friendly contact (which is my normal approach) the type of gun isn't really going to affect that.  I will always approach from a position of control.  If that suddenly changes, and I am no longer in control, I shoot the person.  Doesn't matter what the gun is.  My character is over 100 hours of gameplay time old and I don't avoid populated places (well… I don't go to Elektro or Berezino).  I am not about to lose him just to say hello!

Any kind of weapon is a threat. I think carrying a Sporter can make someone misjudge your threat level from afar. If they aren't close enough to discern what kind of weapon you have most people are going to open fire just to be sure.

" as soon as a gun is introduced to the story, its bound to be used..."

so...

no.