Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

This patch isn't very fun to play. Spawned in Olsha, looted from Chernaya Polana, NEAF, Kraznostav, Dubrovka, Gorka, Novy and Stary and never saw a single player and found nothing but pants, flashlights and the occasional food item. Just found an axe in Stary. I'm down for a hard game but this play session was pretty boring.

The Z's are not the problem, nor is the melee once you have adapted.

What you do have to keep in mind is that not all weapons are equal.

Today I've been using a hoe and there is no real problem taking out Z's, once you've learned how to deal with them.

If you don't get a contact whack sound, then you have not connected with the Z.

Axes are still good but the pick axe is my favourite but both are pretty rare (until you find one, then you find buckets full)..

I'm not a fan of the shovel and avoid getting into trouble :D .

Not had the dreaded LMB bug today and I've been whacking my way from Dubrovka down to Nadezhdino.

hehehe Boneboys said whacking and nobody noticed. 

Seriously though, I was only getting the LMB bug with the splitting or fire axe, anything else worked like a charm and kept working.  I reported it that way on the bug tracker too.

Edited by Barnabus

good night folks

Just ran the path of the warrior on a full pop expiermental server....for exp patch .48 I recommend we rename it thus:

"Path of the Bambi" since all I found was bambi gear and one 30 round AKM clip...i have 5 75 round drum mags already...

I even got to the end of it at Balota (started at NWAF) and unloaded 75 AKM round in the middle of the air field and then proceeded to loot the tents....nothing of use found there nor were anybody there to try and kill me. 

Never found an axe or firewood.... :D love it...

You can search for kindling on the forest floor without the need for an axe.

This allows you to add rags or other to make a basic fireplace and/or a splint.

• Like 1

Honestly, I am sorry people are starving to death.  I have not had this problem at all, I find food all over the place.  Of course, if you are only looking in what used to be the lucrative loot locations (Pubs, piano houses, police stations and military sites) then try looking where you normally would not (the fugly green houses, the feeding stands, the snack stands, car and van trunks).   Also, it seems that the busted up 2.5 ton Zil trucks are spawning loot now too, look around them and always check the junk yards.  You can always eat the red berries, never eat the blue ones, they'll kill you. 

This patch isn't very fun to play. Spawned in Olsha, looted from Chernaya Polana, NEAF, Kraznostav, Dubrovka, Gorka, Novy and Stary and never saw a single player and found nothing but pants, flashlights and the occasional food item. Just found an axe in Stary. I'm down for a hard game but this play session was pretty boring.

For once I agree. The zombie hitboxes are also horrible in this patch so trying to defend the loot that you got doesn't work either. I'm all for making Zombies harder, but not in this way...

Looted Stary, the military base, Vybor and all of NWAF and still never saw another player. Found a mosin in one of the red cars and found a pristine long range scope near one of the burned out Hum-Vee. Tents at NWAF didn't have any loot except for the ones with the bunk beds and it was all junk.

In one and a half hours I never saw even 1 food item, except rotten fruit....I guess this character will starve to death.

Pity because I found the CR527, just no ammo for it.

In one and a half hours I never saw even 1 food item, except rotten fruit....I guess this character will starve to death.

Pity because I found the CR527, just no ammo for it.

u cant starv...

there are hundrets of bushes and appletrees ;)

but i agree theres no loot on some servers.... just trash... tons of ruined trash

played 5 hours yesterday and cant find a single 7,62x39... and i checked EVERY building

Edited by quantum2k6

played 5 hours yesterday and cant find a single 7,62x39... and i checked EVERY building

We found four rounds after 3-4 hours. Plenty of mosin ammo, if we could find one of those.

Dont now how ppl can starve to death, 2 min and im good to go ;)

D0Fz4f.jpg

• Like 6

Played for 8+ hours yesterday. It was rainy most of the day, so I had no problem rationalizing the best way to spend my day.  Here are some of the things I experienced traversing the main road 2000m north of NWAF, heading West past Bash, then the Southern route, Lopatino, Vybor, Pushtoshka, Zelen, Pavlovo then cut across South East down to Cherno. I spent 5 hours in Cherno, from the roof tops of the apartments (loot spawns into the roof, had to spot) down to the furthest point of the harbor.  I had never spent this much time in Cherno btw.

I ran into only one other player, at the Military base SE of Vybor, no shots fired.  Apparently loot spawn is working just fine, someone had looted the jail building multiple times and was piling up loot outside.  No firearms however, backpacks, clothing, some ammo, boots, etc.  There was 1 flare in the pile, it was getting dark, so I lit it, left it and continued on.

Now mind you the server I was playing is on the opposite side of the planet, ping was high 200's. If you're playing on those servers, then you've made a choice to accept some lag/desync/stuttering.  Deal with it, don't piss and moan in the forums.

No LMB issues, other than a couple dysnc/lag spikes. Killed a couple hundred Zed's using the Fire Axe, both from the front and back.  It took a little bit to get the timing correct, but once you have it down they are typically not a problem. I was healthy, energize and hydrated but I did take a beating more times than I'm used to.  Most often the result being ruined clothing and on occasion some gear.  The jacket I'm wearing always takes the brunt of it, then backpack, glasses, and hat seemly in that order.

Gear I came across, found a Mosen almost immediately, then a 1911, Makarov and Shotty, multiple CR527's, 1 SKS and several Sportiers.  As for ammo, 51mm for the Mosen seemed plentiful, it took me several hours to find a clip for the Mak, never found one for the 1911.  There were plenty of .380 rounds to be had, two boxes of .45 acp, 50 rounds of buckshot, but no 39mm at all except for 1 mag.  I tossed the 1911 in the ocean, or at least tried to from the seawall on Cherno.  That didn't go so well, but did make for a great photo shot.

WKA1gvA.jpg

I stumbled across my first CR527 mag.  Here's what one looks like for those having difficulty  XETQJju.jpg

Zed path finding is a blessing and a curse. I was up top a construction site and this guy spots me from 200m out and proceeds to make his way up, what 3 flights of stairs?  Took him out and then comes another.

QDosbRq.jpg

Food was never an issue, I typically carry food with me but it was so abundant that I kept only a bag of rice with me.

Other things I found, or not. Found my first Riders jacket, though I wish it had more slots. Fishing lures must have been on sale, they were everywhere.  Only 1 LRS, No M4's or mags, Canteen's seemed rarer than in the past.  Some garages loot seems nerfed atm. to some degree.  Also found a OREL Unit Uniform Jacket, apparently for a special police force unit.  Maybe it has been already posted, I do have a pic. if anyone wants to see it.  Found no tents btw, and I was looking.  Also someone posted that the random noises are gone...not from my experience.  Also, there's a new noise I came across multiple times, sounds like a dull drum thump at distance.  Also at one point, sounds seemed to quit altogether, Zed's would attack in stealth, not even a growl or grumble.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 4

so I found a tent yesterday, placed it and put some loot inside. 12 hours later, the tent and the loot inside is still there. The server should restart in this time, right?
But I put an Ashwood Stick and a Wild Boar pelt (and some other stuff) inside the tent and now there are two more pelts and two more ashwood sticks...
I dont know if its a bug and the pelts and sticks were cloned or somebody was there and put it inside?!
The other stuff was not cloned and nothing was absent.

edit:

and I closed the tent as I logged out, today it was open. Because of server restart or player I think^^

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 3

How many apples must one eat to get energized, hydrated & healthy status? If it's even possible.  Ok, Grzech has a new mission for the day! Please report back to the committee as soon as possible.  Thx!  Oh an do turn down that gamma, you look all pastie.

Dont now how ppl can starve to death, 2 min and im good to go ;)

D0Fz4f.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty

How many apples must one eat to get energized, hydrated & healthy status? If it's even possible.  Ok, Grzech has a new mission for the day! Please report back to the committee as soon as possible.  Thx!  Oh an do turn down that gamma, you look all pastie.

Cant be fully energized, apples gives you more water than calories, but im survived, reached west, now im fully kitted, energized, hydrated and healthy ;)

p.s i can turn down gamma in night, when nightvision is implemented ;)

Since so many ppl have problems finding food, i came up with this:

2014-08-03_00001.jpg

2014-08-03_00002.jpg

It's in Cernaya Polana on DE 0-8 :D

P.S. Harvey Miller is my ingame name. I like naming myself after movie characters. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Loot is respawning I have seen it appear in front of my eyes. It is just much slower now I believe 

That's good, but I was under the assumption that loot didn't respawn if there was a player in the area.

Am I wrong on this? I thought the parameters were 1. Loot has to be removed 2. No players in area. Which would explain the difficulty of finding loot in spawn areas but other places should have stuff. I could be wrong though. 

so I found a tent yesterday, placed it and put some loot inside. 12 hours later, the tent and the loot inside is still there. The server should restart in this time, right?
But I put an Ashwood Stick and a Wild Boar pelt (and some other stuff) inside the tent and now there are two more pelts and two more ashwood sticks...
I dont know if its a bug and the pelts and sticks were cloned or somebody was there and put it inside?!
The other stuff was not cloned and nothing was absent.

edit:

and I closed the tent as I logged out, today it was open. Because of server restart or player I think^^

Yes its cloned. After the next restart I  had one more stick and one more pelt in the tent.
(I put the sticks and pelts in the inventory of the tent - the cloned ones are in the tent but only on the ground - not in the inventory of the tent!)

Surprised no one is complaining about no longer being able to lean while crouched. And what do you guys think of the look down bug, what do you think they were trying to do there?

• Like 1

That's good, but I was under the assumption that loot didn't respawn if there was a player in the area.

Am I wrong on this? I thought the parameters were 1. Loot has to be removed 2. No players in area. Which would explain the difficulty of finding loot in spawn areas but other places should have stuff. I could be wrong though. 

Loot doesn't respawn if any other items "near" (at least 500m radius) the spawnlocation - players can be in the area to respawn loot.

Loot doesn't respawn if any other items "near" (at least 500m radius) the spawnlocation - players can be in the area to respawn loot.

How does this explain the giant piles of loot that everyone is posting? It looks like they're just taking it outside of the structure and more is appearing.

Not trying to be contradictory, I just haven't seen anyone explain how this actually works. I've heard so many varying accounts from 20 meters away and it respawns instantly to your estimation.

I haven't seen loot cycle piles in this new .48 exp update.   Care to elaborate?

How does this explain the giant piles of loot that everyone is posting? It looks like they're just taking it outside of the structure and more is appearing.

Not trying to be contradictory, I just haven't seen anyone explain how this actually works. I've heard so many varying accounts from 20 meters away and it respawns instantly to your estimation.

As stated above - this was on .47 exp and is actually on .47 stable - they adjusted that on .48

Still playing and living my life on experimental hardcore. Fought my way through dozens of cities. Arrived at Mogilevka found a players (emergency?) stash: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295419629

Wondering why theres only trash and rotten fruits but no food to be found?

Because of stupid lootcycling abuse of military loot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295419652

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295419640

The system needs some fine tuning.

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Since so many ppl have problems finding food, i came up with this:

2014-08-03_00001.jpg

2014-08-03_00002.jpg

It's in Cernaya Polana on DE 0-8 :D

P.S. Harvey Miller is my ingame name. I like naming myself after movie characters. :rolleyes:

tumblr_lnorp8mrXJ1qgywp2o1_500.jpg

• Like 1