Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I said firstplace usefull but I actually mean nothing there except badly damaged bandana, rotten apples and jeans on whole novo. İs it really enjoyable gaming exprience ?

Go inland. I spawned just north of Svetlo and only found one can of soda and tuna on the outskirts of Novo. I went south to, Krasno, it was empty. I found some food in Dubrovka and a backpack in Gorka. I was able to fill it with food and random ammo in Novy and Stary. I found a shotgun and an SYS in Vybor and two AKM clips for ammo for it at the base.

Stuff if there, you just need to grind. The spawn towns are dry as a bone.

Did you ever find red berries I searching since so long and cant find one.

Posting this, BECAUSE I ALREADY SEARCHED FOR IT and now there is a youtube video linked. I refuse to let my time be wasted.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Canina_Bush

Maybe you can use the pic to even get the exact location of the bush.I also remember such a bush next to the water fountain at the green house up douche sniper hill at the east firestation of Electro: Dayzdb.com 105, 126. Next to the house with the small yellow clothing dot: http://dayzdb.com/map#7.105.126

Now if you have searched those bushes forever and were never successful (not sure from your post), just try the same bush again and again. Not finding berries does not mean that there are none. You find them by chance, just like apples.

Btw, does anyone know if fish falling of your hook or you catching it is timing or also chance?

Edited by bautschi

Ok, now I have been playing the same server again and again since it restarted. I somehow - like others - don't think loot respawning is really working as intended. I searched the most obscure houses where no one goes and found nothing. Well, one Bandana outside of Electro on the way to Cherno in a green morphine house. I think that thing was spawned, because there was also a ruined gorka top. I can only guess that it was dropped there. As anything to bandage with is quite rare and the bandana was extremely visible, I think it most likely spawned. I can only guess that there are extremely obscure spawn locations that I don't know or the total amount of loot is shrinking. Maybe it is inaccessible and invisible somewhere? I think someone once wrote that the tents with floors spawn loot, but it is under the floor. Maybe the same with other loot?

I have my Ak101, 41 bullets, rags, can fish, 90+ matches, ... but I think it would be little fun as a bambi.

Edited by bautschi

I searched the most obscure houses where no one goes and found nothing. Well, one Bandana outside of Electro on the way to Cherno in a green morphine house.

Uhm, yeah... Could that be the problem? Try inland? Tulga maybe? Elektro and Co may not be the hotspots for warfare anymore, but there's still tons of people trying to loot, so it kinda sounds like  a no brainer to me...

It's not the most obscure houses, but the most obscure, tiny villages that I go to and where I am 80% of the time rewarded for long hikes.

Pavlovo, Tulga, Sometimes even the smaller houses in Kamy.

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 2

[...]

As Demonica said try uncommon places not Hotspots. Also its still possible that lootcyclers are filling the servers lootresources with militaryloot hence preventing survival loot to spawn. Go inland as told by many other or move further along the coastline behind balota. There are plenty of possibilities.

• Like 2

Current exp. is unplayable yes you mıght survive somehow eating apple ect. but its just boring. I was in novo I checked every building included upstairs I couldnot find anything usefull. Switching back stable sorry :(

For me, the experimental servers now for the first time feels like a survival game.

I kinda want it to be this way on stable.

• Like 6

Only problem with that is you find a lot of ruined or badly damaged items which is the down side to that sort of tactic :-(.  Plus I don't carry to much on me for that reason.  I store my food and water mainly in me not on me lol. And you are welcome to my 22 ammo if you want it.

Uhm, yeah... Could that be the problem? Try inland? Tulga maybe? Elektro and Co may not be the hotspots for warfare anymore, but there's still tons of people trying to loot, so it kinda sounds like  a no brainer to me...

It's not the most obscure houses, but the most obscure, tiny villages that I go to and where I am 80% of the time rewarded for long hikes.

Pavlovo, Tulga, Sometimes even the smaller houses in Kamy.

As Demonica said try uncommon places not Hotspots. Also its still possible that lootcyclers are filling the servers lootresources with militaryloot hence preventing survival loot to spawn. Go inland as told by many other or move further along the coastline behind balota. There are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for the advice, but I actually tried to check a quadrant. We supposedly now have quadrants with 4 square km. As so many complain about there being nothing in the east and I wanted to test that. If you look at the map and look at the distances, you can see that the east half of the town is pretty much it's own quadrant with the surrounding few houses. The quadrant ends south of Kamy, so that's not included. If the borders are made differently, it's still likely that Electro is basically it's own quadrant. I searched the town and surrounding area. It's my subjective feeling that there is really less loot there now compared to yesterday on the same server.

Now if that new 2km x 2km quadrant thing is already out of the window again, that might be the problem, but hicks supposedly said that in a twitch stream - read that somewhere here. Going west is always fun, but IF that quadrant thing is still in, you should be able to test it best in the east, because more items should have been taken and more should have newly respawned. Well assuming that quadrant thing is not wrong.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice, but I actually tried to check a quadrant. We supposedly now have quadrants with 4 square km. As so many complain about there being nothing in the east and I wanted to test that. If you look at the map and look at the distances, you can see that the east half of the town is pretty much it's own quadrant with the surrounding few houses. The quadrant ends south of Kamy, so that's not included. If the borders are made differently, it's still likely that Electro is basically it's own quadrant. I searched the town and surrounding area. It's my subjective feeling that there is really less loot there now compared to yesterday on the same server.

Now if that new 2km x 2km quadrant thing is already out of the window again, that might be the problem, but hicks supposedly said that in a twitch stream - read that somewhere here. Going west is always fun, but IF that quadrant thing is still in, you should be able to test it best in the east, because more items should have been taken and more should have newly respawned. Well assuming that quadrant thing is not wrong.

Working on map with marked quadrants to help with loot farm.

• Like 1

Working on map with marked quadrants to help with loot farm.

Lol, I don't want to farm, I want to understand the system (as long as it is still understandable AND publicly know). And then I want to check, if it works or if it can be broken, so we get a good system in the end. More should do that exp. instead of shooting unarmed ppl from 300m+. That's what exp is for, isn't it?

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 7

I have found two glitches(?) today. Did search on forums, didn't find anything.

1. I generally move in crouch mode. I found 2 things with this. One, when you cross a threshhold with steps my char will stand up.  Two, when going or standing on steep incline, again char stands up. Char won't stay crouched.

2. My char is getting stuck in doorways. One time I was holding a fire ext and had to drop it to begin moving again. Another time i was in entravce to shed. Couldn't move until I hit lean key. Then I was able to move again. Happened several times.

I'll do better next time and pay attention to the hot bar. Graphics are set to Very High, GPU is a R290X.

You can get rid of the hotbar instantly when pressing the key left of "1" on top of "tab". (On my keyboard it's "/".)

I don't seem to have any problem finding what I need on experimental. Now I'm all ready for some intense fishing. No lack of food in sight...

28tw8sj.jpg

• Like 2

I don't seem to have any problem finding what I need on experimental. Now I'm all ready for some intense fishing. No lack of food in sight...

28tw8sj.jpg

M3e either, however I find the P1 much more effective as a thrown weapon then as a ballistic one.

• Like 2

M3e either, however I find the P1 much more effective as a thrown weapon then as a ballistic one.

Got rid of it since I found a 1911 mag for the 1911 I was carrying. Had various ammo and various weapons, but none matched so I was glad when I found the 1911 mag. Using a Blaze95 but only have 3 shots. :lol:  But for me it's enough as I'm not looking to kill other players or engage in sadistic games with fellow survivors. Only need 1 shot to kill a boar, get the pelt I need to craft an improvised leather backpack (my "endgame" loot) and then it's survival on the Fringe! B)

(Should have thrown that P1 when I had the chance... :D Leaving it on the ground isn't that "effective".  ;)  )

• Like 1

I really wish they would fix the helo spawns. Half the new loot they have added the last few patches dont really spawn since they are tied to helos......

• Like 5

I really wish they would fix the helo spawns. Half the new loot they have added the last few patches dont really spawn since they are tied to helos......

Do you mean 5.56mm ammo?  I have been finding both loose and boxed 5.56mm in the backs of UAZ's in police stations and tents.

• Like 1

Do you mean 5.56mm ammo?  I have been finding both loose and boxed 5.56mm in the backs of UAZ's in police stations and tents.

No

I mean the following items:

Grenades

Pm73 RAK

SMERSH vest

These three items don spawn anywhere else....not to mention other items like combat knives and such

Just watching xsmak on twitch, he is playing 1pp exp with hicks. They were in Gorka, xsmack picking apples at the church. More and more ppl came and then he and about 5 others there were picking apples at the same time.

Actually it isn't really hard to stay alive, you can get easily 20-30 Berries in 2-3 minutes from bushes, you can drink unlimited water from ponds and wells and then you are fine for a while. But ofc it's boring doing that the whole play time.

concerning this ... the food meter should not tap out for a least 2 hours.  As long as hydration if a factor.  people have survived days without eating but always keeping hydrated. 

I think this should at least be looked at for consideration.

• Like 2

You can get rid of the hotbar instantly when pressing the key left of "1" on top of "tab". (On my keyboard it's "/".)

just FYI its called "Tildy"

concerning this ... the food meter should not tap out for a least 2 hours.  As long as hydration if a factor.  people have survived days without eating but always keeping hydrated. 

I think this should at least be looked at for consideration.

First, our characters should not be able to run for 2 hours with speed of 23km/h.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 2

Yeah, picking apples because I'm starving to death is how I want to spend my free-time playing this survival game.  @.@

Currently, I think the lack of good loot respawning is a huge issue.   These Experimental servers should be packed like they were not too long ago.   No one wants to login to run for hundreds of kilometers and find only crap loot.   The hit-box or lag issue, whatever it is, needs to be fixed.   I can't tell you how many times my axe visibly has gone through a zombies head and torso and no damage is taken.  Yet, I can clearly be behind a zombie and take their damage.   Pretty frustrating.