Sign in to follow this  
Solreal

Just shoot me.

Well I wouldn't trust you anyway. 99,9% of my player interaction ends with one of us seeing the you are dead screen, usually it's the other guy. 

Because people act like the OP, including you. It's a self fulfilling prophesy. People shoot on sight. So to make sure we don't get shot but can still approach them we approach them unseen and from a position of advantage. They then assume we have ill intentions because we don't walk up to them in the open where they would immediately assume we didn't see them, and shoot us, or that we are about to shoot them, and shoot us. 

If someone has the drop on you like that and you try to gun your way out anyway your chances of survival are pretty low, they are read to fire and you have to acquire a target, aim, and fire. If you freeze and lower you weapon then put it away they might not mean you harm or they might relax and give you an opening. 

• Like 1

Ah, that didn't take long. I'm a dick for not wanting to play the "virtual victim" in a video game, for someone else's entertainment?

Makes sense dude. Please, do tell more. Or do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Sorry I misunderstood a little, as long as you don't combat log during a hold up and just go out with a fight Im okay with it. Sorry for being a dick, calling you a dick :P

Edited by Kaboki

Being robed early one in a spawn is more then likely a death sentence anyways. You start off and your avatar is already hungry, and close to being thirsty. My advice is just get what you need out of the coastal spawn town then get the hell out and move inland quickly to higher value loot spawns. Try to get your weapons food water and gear 1st thing, then focus on pvp or what ever it is you play for. That way if you do die you don't waste allot of time. See the problem is now is everyone hangs around and pvps on the NE. Which is a common fresh spawn point. So say you go running into Barizino bandits and pvpers will likely already be there....kind of a death trap. When I 1st started electro was the hot spot, now its lighter. This all changes with the wind. So you kind have to know were other players hang out at the most. Lately they have been really predictable...Most hostile players are in the NE.

Running solo I have been confronted by other players many times. What I have noticed if I'm not vary well geared they will try to make contact, sometimes for good reasons, most of the time they are trying to fuck with me. I almost always will run inside a building or try to flee. If get inside a building and I'm armed I will position my self in a room were its hard for them to aim on me right away and I can get the shots off 1st. Vary hostile like a cornered rat  If there's more then one, I try to take at least one out for before going down. At least if they they are going to mess up my game, I'm going mess up at least one of there's and leave nothing but ruined gear for them to loot. When I'm geared players either try to KOS me, or run away. They seem to use much more caution, but that dosn't mean your at all safe. They want what you have. Rarely I'm voice commed while gear. I will say running solo can be vary difficult for a new player...vary. Now days knowing what I know now, I avoid towns and bases, only just to quickly loot and use stealth...meaning not wearing bright colors and trying to blend in. I normally hang out in the woods and If I do go near towns I'm in the woods high ground aiming down. Taking shots at long range if needs be. 

Being Teamed up its much easier and honestly is a good root to take as a new player. Join a clan and learn from the members. You will have people to loot with and people to watch your back while you learn. Not bad really.  Kind of win win

Edited by CJFlint

So can you arm grenades without putting them in your hands?

no - turn your back on the bandit so he thinks you are not a threat

bend over and look at the ground then put yourself in free view

get your grenade out

bandit will have no idea what you are doing, but you are not looking at him

he sees you bend over and wave your arms about. in a while players will learn to know what this means maybe

this is just a fun thing to do because no one is used to grenades yet

but the point is, I'm not into being handcuffed or cooperating with bandits, etc

it's not my thing

maybe I'm stupid but if someone says "hands up" or "put your gun on the ground"

the answer is "no"

so when I tell them " *******you " I'm communicating with them. This is how I interact. It's part of the gameplay, my way.

or simply start punching them, you might easily win, is fun too and greatly discourages banditry. if everyone did this every time - most bandits would give up

Edited by pilgrim

Just note, if I will ever meet someone like you I will break both your legs, steal your stuff and left you there. There is really not much interaction from your side needed.

But because I prefer to get shot instead of mugged, this game isn't for me cause i don't like "player interaction". lmao.

Wow, 3 years but we finally found a guy who actually likes being kosed . . . well i never , ,

They simply need to remove some of the interaction options. For example "force feeding" turns out if you try as stick rotten food in my mouth in gonna spit it in your face. Ok maybe not that but still. Also have they never watched a crime drama? Cops? The hell can't I run while in handcuffs?

I know a lot of this stuff will gradually lessen as more content is added but still!

Also in a post apocalyptic world being a line wolf and killing on site gets you dead. Killing anyone that's not trying to eat you is a bad idea.

Dude just put your hands up (if he has a gun and your not a newspawn). There is a 50% chance he is going to give you some food afterwards. There is a 95% chance your gonna get shot in the face if you run. Don't try to get your gun out or anything, they see that and assume that your going to shoot them. Don't. They have their gun trained on your face it is probably too late to retaliate. Okay if someone asks you to crouch you should run- DEY WANT UR BLOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! (or to sell you into prostitution or other stuff)

• Like 1

So I've only been playing the game the past 2 nights, for a total of about 6 hours. I love it. I do have one gripe, however, and it is not with the game, or its mechanics, but with an apparent mindset of some of those playing.

If you see me rummaging through an old house looking for supplies, and leaving me alone is not an option for you, that's fine. But don't VOIP me to drop my axe, put my hands up,  and turn around slowly.

Just shoot me, srsly.

I am not 'dynamic content'.

I am not a fly placed here for you to pull the wings off of.

i am not going to pause my evening of gaming in order to provide you with role-playing entertainment.

This may seem like a dick move on my part but, really, who wants to spend their night being 'virtually' mugged for some random internet stranger's enjoyment?

Not I. I'll go ahead and re-spawn, you can loot my corpse. Thanks.

Your playing it wrong.... Why play this game to just loot? No interaction whatsoever. This game is about the story your character goes through while looting. If you get taken hostage so be it. 

For your information, if i came up to you i would not mug you. Thats not who I am. I help players if needed, gather info if needed. I dont rob people. I will only make sure you dont point your gun at me, its that simple. But if you turn towards me with your gun pointed because you hate player interaction then you are dead, enjoy your trip back to the coast.

I really think your playing the wrong game to be honest, its multiplayer yet you hate interaction. Explain, it makes no sense.

Kos and players that dont play with survival in mind are the worst kind of players in this game (this may seem like a contradiction, its not just think about it).

All i ask of other players is to think before acting. Many shoot for different reasons without talking. Which is dumb because talking can give huge benefits. Cooperation works wonders. 

Also where the hell are these players that hold you up? Iv been held up only once and it was a clan i played with a few days previous and we didnt recognise each other imediately. I want to be held up, makes great videos.

• Like 1

I never surrender....99% of the time they will kill you or leave you with broken legs/similar

You're gonna die eventually, go out with grace.

Usually this happens inside a building, so there is a lot of interaction/talking - so it doesn't take that part of the game away

The people who handcuff and hold people up, talk tough etc have confidence issues and they use the game to relieve some of that. They can go see a pysche instead IMO

• Like 3

I never surrender....99% of the time they will kill you or leave you with broken legs/similar

Usually this happens inside a building, so there is a lot of interaction/talking - so it doesn't take that part of the game away

The people who handcuff and hold people up, talk tough etc have confidence issues and they use the game to relieve some of that. They can go see a pysche instead IMO

Well, by not surrendering you are pretty much ensuring 100% of the time you will have a gunfight and likely die. The 99% of the time that someone will kill you is also not very accurate. If they approached close enough to threaten you so you could hear them, then they most likely already had multiple chances to kill you. 

So... what do you potentially gain by not surrendering when someone has the drop on you? A Respawn.

What do you potentially gain by surrendering when someone has the drop on you? A worst and interesting story at best maybe a new ally or at least a trade of goods/information. 

• Like 1

It's do or die,
Only the strong survive!
Get ready for the last stand!
Get ready, I'm your hangman!
If you're gonna go down
Go loud!
Go strong!
Go proud!
It's all or nothing,
Nowhere left to run!
Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Well, by not surrendering you are pretty much ensuring 100% of the time you will have a gunfight and likely die. The 99% of the time that someone will kill you is also not very accurate. If they approached close enough to threaten you so you could hear them, then they most likely already had multiple chances to kill you. 

So... what do you potentially gain by not surrendering when someone has the drop on you? A Respawn.

What do you potentially gain by surrendering when someone has the drop on you? A worst and interesting story at best maybe a new ally or at least a trade of goods/information. 

Gunfight? Psh - one punch K.O

Respawns dont bother me what so ever. Gearing back up is a fun part of the game

When someone has a drop on me, I ahve to sit and listen to them toot their own horn, attemtping to be tough in a video game, and likely dying anyway and have to re gear.

Quicker just to give er'

• Like 1

This is why more than gear needs to mean something in DayZ SA. Being still alive but without gear should mean you are not the same as a newspawn. 

• Like 1

Being forced to drop all your gear is the same as dying in DayZ except for one crucial thing, you lose your dignity in submitting to another player.

If you run at them with an axe or fire wildly at them, you will end up in the same position, albeit in a different location (at the coast with no gear as opposed to where you were with no gear). There is as yet no logical reason to comply with muggers. 

• Like 1

Being forced to drop all your gear is the same as dying in DayZ except for one crucial thing, you lose your dignity in submitting to another player.

If you run at them with an axe or fire wildly at them, you will end up in the same position, albeit in a different location (at the coast with no gear as opposed to where you were with no gear). There is as yet no logical reason to comply with muggers. 

With muggers... no... but you have NO clue as to the intention of the person asking you to lower your weapon. As I have stated I have given people things they could use and needed at gunpoint before. 

With muggers... no... but you have NO clue as to the intention of the person asking you to lower your weapon. As I have stated I have given people things they could use and needed at gunpoint before. 

I agree I would wait until the intentions of the person become clear.

I don't actually support the notion in my post but it is logical given the current state of the game. Something really needs to be done to make the humiliation of being mugged not as bad as dying. Otherwise the only logical course of action is to try and take as many of them with you as you can.

• Like 2

"Hey, i have a sawed-off shotgun aimed at your head, don't move a finger. Why? Cause I'm lonely and need a stranger on the internet to talk to and I also want to give you an unsolicited can of tuna that you could have found by looting any of the thousands of buildings in game!

What's that, you were already looting buildings when i interrupted you with a shotty to the back of your head? Oh, I see, valid point. But i need this interaction, i need this! So I'm going to just forcibly "help" you at gunpoint; whether you like it, need it or want it..."

Seems legit.

Edited by Solreal
  • Like 1

What a thread, seriously.

If someone doesnt want to get mugged and prefers to shoot first, ok thats acceptable. If someone wants to stay and maybe enjoy the "interaction" thats ok too.

But when you (non-specific)  come here and tell someone that hes playstyle is not acceptable cause thats not the way YOU want to play, your a fkin tool, you really are.

Same thing with all the million KoS/bandit topics.

Nobodys right or wrong here, its about playstyles and to me none of them are wrong as long as it doesnt include hacking or any other that sort of thing.

Edited by BENEDICTUS
  • Like 3

I will have to agree that a player should wait to see what the other players intentions are in voice com, IF they try to make contact. There are some cases were it may be a "Hero" or "Hero Clan" and they really just want to check you out and possibly help you. Much of the time its not the case.

When I encounter other random players in game that make an effort to show they are friendly, I keep them at a distance and ask that they stay at a distance. I really just don't trust people I just meet in random in game. If I want friends I make friends on Team Speak or Steam 1st.

This whole thread is about being taken hostage, robed and letting other players have there way with you. Also its about if you should just surrender and let them have there way with you, hoping to walk away with you in game life. As a solo player I have developed personal technics over time to avoid these types of encounters all together.

1) I don't stay in citys or towns or bases for long periods of time. Unless its to ambush. I just quickly get loot what I need and leave as fast as possible. 

2) Before I enter a city or town, AF or base I check to see if doors are opened. If they are opened I know someone is there or has been there. I always close doors behind me, so other players will think no one is there. There guard will be lowered this is huge. If you see them 1st you have the advantage. You can then make them your bitch lol

3) I always try to enter towns or base looking down on them, If I can. Having a view of the whole town or base. Scanning looking for open doors, players, zombie agro, dead player ect . Gun shots are another easy way to tell LOL Recon before I enter.

4) Always keep your guard up even if you think no one is there. I know I'm not the only sneaky one who plays.

It works for me pretty well. With hunting now you really don't have to hang around in towns or citys were most of these "Hold Ups" happen. It's more at your leasure. 

Edited by CJFlint

I always close doors behind me, so other players will think no one is there. There guard will be lowered this is huge. If you see them 1st you have the advantage. You can then make them your bitch lol

I hate people who do that, not because I lower my guard, because I don't do that unless I'm the only player on the server, but it wastes my time.

"Hey, i have a sawed-off shotgun aimed at your head, don't move a finger. Why? Cause I'm lonely and need a stranger on the internet to talk to and I also want to give you an unsolicited can of tuna that you could have found by looting any of the thousands of buildings in game!

What's that, you were already looting buildings when i interrupted you with a shotty to the back of your head? Oh, I see, valid point. But i need this interaction, i need this! So I'm going to just forcibly "help" you at gunpoint; whether you like it, need it or want it..."

Seems legit.

Well said. 

Edited by General Zod

I hate people who do that, not because I lower my guard, because I don't do that unless I'm the only player on the server, but it wastes my time.

Well said. 

What playing smart LOL I don't care if you hate it honestly, If you don't want to cover your tracks ....fine. Being grouped you don't have to worry about it I as much. It is what I do when I'm running alone. Its seems to work. Maybe you keep your guard up at all times, that's good. But many players get complacent that I have seen. It's all tactics really.

Edited by CJFlint

I don't care if you hate it honestly, If you don't want to cover your tracks ....fine. Being grouped you don't have to worry about it I as much. It is what I do when I'm running alone. Its seems to work. Maybe you keep your guard up at all times, that's good. But many get players are complacent that I have seen.

While I hate it I also thinks it's a great idea, because of both covering your tracks and making others angry, a win win pretty much. 

Well regardless DayZ SA is a game without missions, steam badges, and a score card. Its really up to each player to decide how they want to play, its really what ever you want it to be with in the confines of the game engine. That's the cool part about it. So I don't like knocking other people play styles, so long as there not cheating. If people like RPing and feel being captured is part of there game, more power to them. Or if they prefer death over being captured thats fine too. If people want to play a stealthy lone sniper or they prefer being in a group or  even run around like Morgan Freeman or how ever. Really its the verity of play styles and the unpredictable nature of people that make DayZ what it is and some of the encounters so interesting. There's really no right way or wrong way to exp DayZ SA I guess.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

What frikking dignety do you loose submitting to another player? at the worst you would get a good laugh out of what that player comes up with, lol

Maybe no logical reason for KOS/PVP players, but for roleplayers it makes alot of sense playing along with muggers, bandits, cults etc, The roleplaying element is what got me intrested in Dayz, sad it becomes rarer and rarer to get mugged and shit instead of just being KOS'ed. When I want to play military warfare I use Arma3, when Im in the mood for roleplaying I play Dayz or Arma Life..