Baseborn

What is the longest you have survived?

that depends. does killing myself out of boredom so i could start over as a fresh spawn count against staying alive?

once you get past the first couple of hours you can, if you want, live forever but what's the point of that? When I was playing solo in my early days I went 50/100 hours but it was tense and boring. Since then I've died lots of times but had more fun in those short lives.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

that depends. does killing myself out of boredom so i could start over as a fresh spawn count against staying alive?

I'm not sure that counts... Maybe we could make it a "half death".

Current regular toon is around 240 hours

He has been alive since patch .43 came out. Should be closer to 300 but a ladder killed me just before this one :(

Honestly dude?

What do you do for so long?

Are you extremely cautious in popular areas or do you just constantly run around inland forever?

Roughly a week, give or take. Like yourself I've become a little reckless after 300+ hours.

Wish we had a feature that told us how long our character had been alive come time of death.

that's what I'd like to see.. not really a stat tracker or anything to brag about but just some basic info like how long you stayed alive, how much food/water consumed, how many bandages used and such

The problem with a question like this is that it starts to become a bit of a pissing contest.

Sure, I could hide in the woods, only making the odd foray into a remote town to grab the occasional tin of food while for the rest of my time I would commune with the odd rabbit and random gate sounds, but what fun would that be. Sure, I'd have a long lasting character though.

There was a similar thread run back about February and people were saying their character had been alive for about 4-6 weeks which was questionable to say the least - especially with the number of bugs around then.

Ultimately if you are not dying within a couple of days maximum then you are either not having fun, not taking enough chances or not exploring all the new stuff added to the game.

Ultimately if you are not dying within a couple of days maximum then you are either not having fun, not taking enough chances or not exploring all the new stuff added to the game.

The new town hall?

• Like 2

The new town hall?

I was up at the top of the hall at Novo (I think that's the only place it is just now), thinking what a lovely spot to take out unsuspecting looters only to get taken out. I thought it must have been someone on the ground getting a lucky shot.

2 days later I was in the industrial building in the expanded part of Novo and looked out of the window and due to the way the terrain lies, the second floor window on the stairwell looks right over the top of that tower, you could easily take someone out with an unscoped weapon.

So much for my false sense of security!

Honestly dude?

What do you do for so long?

Are you extremely cautious in popular areas or do you just constantly run around inland forever?

I regularly do the path of the warrior I am cautious yes 

As I did not write down dates and created the list out of my memory for the first ones, I can only claim 18 days for sure, but that one life with missing dates should have been longer. With that guy I:

- ran in front of a hangar at the neaf, the other did exactly the same, both had sks, killed him.

- met a guy at the neaf east prison, both sks, he was upstairs and was waiting, heard me. I also heard him. Shot him through the gap at the stairs.

- decided to be friendly to a guy outside svetlo police station. We talked, all of a sudden his friend came. Talked some more, they tried to rob me, which became obvious when one started to hit me with his baseball bat with the other just having an m4 on his back. Well, I had a shotgun and back then they still worked just fine, two shots each.

- was friendly to a guy in the berezino school. Back then zeds were really annoying and we spent at least 5 minutes boxing the never ending glitched through the floor zed train in the green house at the water pump together. Then when I went on and another zed attacked me, he teamed with the zed and tried to knock me out. My M4 solved that.

- a guy logged in in the upper room of the neaf east prison about 0,5 meters behind me. Almost shit my pants with the reload sound. Shot him in the back.

- Stumbled across a guy at the red house in the north of Khelm, had my m4 out - we were maybe 3 meters appart. He had his axe out and was fighting a zed. I shot the zed and walked backwards away from him - of course he swung at me next, broke my arm and I lost over half of my magazine until he was down...that lag.

All that was done lonewolfing. My life tends to be much longer when I play alone. Then I met up with two guys (knew them from before) on skype and we went from Berezino to Electro with them shooting everything that moved long range. Just before we came into town, they spotted a geared guy, lost eyes on him again and I got shot dead from the side with a mosin. Then the guy started cussing at me (translated from German) about "how anyone can be such a son of a whore", repeating the "son of a whore" part again and again. Damn was that dude pissed. Still don't know why.

That was a great life I think. I shot 7 ppl of which 4 were approached friendly. Nowadays I tend to only live several days, but it's all about how you play. When you go hunting in and around military areas or you walk into big novo, you don't live that long. Sometimes when with a bigger group and going into urban fights, I die multiple times a day.

AND I OBJECT highly to anyone getting any information about my style of play from the player list!

Edited by bautschi

My Hardcore character has been alive since mid-January. I play her roughly two hours every night.

• Like 1

The problem with a question like this is that it starts to become a bit of a pissing contest.

Sure, I could hide in the woods, only making the odd foray into a remote town to grab the occasional tin of food while for the rest of my time I would commune with the odd rabbit and random gate sounds, but what fun would that be. Sure, I'd have a long lasting character though.

There was a similar thread run back about February and people were saying their character had been alive for about 4-6 weeks which was questionable to say the least - especially with the number of bugs around then.

or maybe since its a survival game some people dont go apeshit guns blazing as soon as they see other players. instead they stay out of sight till the other players pass then keep heading wherever they were going, only shooting other players when its necessary.  just because you like to play gunfighter does not mean everyone likes to play that way. you dont get to define whats "fun" for everyone else.

or maybe since its a survival game some people dont go apeshit guns blazing as soon as they see other players. instead they stay out of sight till the other players pass then keep heading wherever they were going, only shooting other players when its necessary.  just because you like to play gunfighter does not mean everyone likes to play that way. you dont get to define whats "fun" for everyone else.

I like to travel between points of interest picking up loot and upgrading where I can. I usually will run into someone at some point and about 90% of the time I go for a greeting. 90% of the time I'm either shot on sight or backstabbed. This, to me, is DayZ.

*hand in the air*

Raise your hand if you've died more times in DayZ than you have in Dark Souls.

53 hours on this toon.  Travelling around the map, Feeling a bit nervous now as I'm heading to Novo for my first look.

I can proudly say that I haven't lasted any longer than four days. But that's only because I went on a bender trying to fish and hunt when it came out on experimental.

Around 1 month of active playing in the mod.

Survived 1 heli crash - damn those power lines, 2 car accidents, running over a rabbit on a bike and faling off with a broken leg, mulitple quad acidents, got shot a couple of times, got shot at a lot. Fun times.

What is the longest you've survived?

I'm currently at 24 years, 351 days, roughly 10 hours and still counting.

(14 more days [TOG]... 14 more...)

Ask again when we have a stat to tell us how long a character survived rather than just pure guesswork and a loose impression of how long ago we think our last character died and how often we've played since then.

Edited by zeeabo

Day 99. I was SO CLOSE TO 100

yW102sp.jpg

My guns:

GEqWBzG.jpg

dtOBeLp.jpg

Died because the server restarted as I was driving my truck along the road at the base of Green Mountain. When I logged back in was Inside the engine of the truck and I broke my legs and got knocked unconscious. RIGHT as I was about to wake up, I died of blood loss. If I had at least 6 more seconds, I would have lived.

And of course, I blame Green Mountain for this.

Edited by mullraugh

2 weeks or so. I frequent military facilities and kill a lot of people so it would've been higher if survival was my priority.

Can you

Day 99. I was SO CLOSE TO 100

yW102sp.jpg

My guns:

GEqWBzG.jpg

dtOBeLp.jpg

Died because the server restarted as I was driving my truck along the road at the base of Green Mountain. When I logged back in was Inside the engine of the truck and I broke my legs and got knocked unconscious. RIGHT as I was about to wake up, I died of blood loss. If I had at least 6 more seconds, I would have lived.

And of course, I blame Green Mountain for this.

hi!, where can i find trucks or other vehicles?, and why is your tab inventory looks better than the normal?. are you playing standalone or other?.

thank you for your respond, im still noob in this game and still learning.

Well, three points...

1) You are an idiot if you take from my post that I am a "gunfighter" - which I presume is akin to a bandit or KoS merchant, but you have a penchant for sounding like somebody from the old-timely Wild West.

2) The game is in Alpha, there is little to be gained from just hiding in the woods. Sure if you are new to the game then fine, but to those who have been playing it from the mod days then Chernarus holds few surprises other than the new towns and the extra content. As others will also be doing this, you are at risk from being engaged whether you like it or not.

3) There have been several character wipes, those don't care whether you explore or hide under a bush all the time.

Can you hi!, where can i find trucks or other vehicles?, and why is your tab inventory looks better than the normal?. are you playing standalone or other?.

thank you for your respond, im still noob in this game and still learning.

This is the DayZ mod for Arma2