rp998

What is the point of this game?

Hello. I am Robert. I dont understand the point of this game. First, you spawn and get some food and maybe an axe. Then you try to get a gun and get to a military spawn. After youve gotten your gun what are you going to do next? I cant help people because ill get killed almost everytime trying to help. Collecting more supplies wont make you survive much longer. So the point is to spawn, get some new guns, die and repeat? Thank you. This game would be perfect if everyone wouldt kill everyone. This happens to me every time because im trying to help a guy but instead i get a bullet in my head and have to start everything again.

Sorry for my bad english :)

- Robert

• Like 1

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

• Like 10

you need to get the beans  :beans:

• Like 2

The point is to try and survive. For some that means trying to survive gunfights in very populated areas or actively trying to end someone else's survival. For others that mean heading out into the wilder areas and trying to find all the things they need from outskirt houses avoiding players who might try and kill them. 

In the end it is a game and the point is to kill time while being entertained.

• Like 1

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Cant argue with that ;-)

troll

what bad english is that, robert ?

[internal evidence, dude]

Edited by pilgrim

For me at this stage in the game it's gearing up, getting decent weapons to defend myself and then go and try the new features in the game. Finding an ash stick or tree to chop it from, then find a fish hook and a rope and a shuffle or hoe to dig up worms has taken me hours so far just to try fishing for the first time. Then find a knife, a gas cannister and a burner, a cooking pot or pan to bake the fish fillets. Or, find some matches, rags, chop some sticks and firewood and prepare them on an open fire. Or, if fish is not your thing, try to find some wild game and prepare that meat. Belief me, doing just these things can take up hours of gameplay...

Edited by SAK

İf you dont want such a monoton game you made mistake ! You saying exacly truth spaw-loot-die thats all you wıll do allways. Also devs saying veichles wıll be very complicated to use so most of time you wıll roam streets like fool. Probably only one clans will have nice items and veichles if you would like to join clan maybe you can enjoy game! Otherwise you cant do nothing solo and you will get bored most of time

The point is to hunt, fish, shoot your rifle for no reason and drink 100% alcohol! 'Merica! 

I have to say its really up to the players and there means to decide what the point is for them.

For me I know really there is no real steam rewards, badges, perks, points ect ect to be gained. There is no ethics mechanic in place, or reason other then human interaction to be good or bad in game. So I deal with it one encounter at a time. I look at DayZ as a pretty realistic survival sim, ran on probably one of the best military sim engines built for gaming. My satisfaction comes from survival moment to moment, planing every step to keep my avatar alive, healthy and geared as long as I can. I find it to be quite an adventure filled with unforgiving challenge. I also get allot of satisfaction from pvp and living through one contact at a time.  

If you really like books, movies and video games about the post apoc genre really there is no better game. Although I must say Fallout 3 was not far behind. But if your not really into post apoc genre and have no interest in knowing what it might be like to survive such a thing, human survival in a harsh world or don't like challenging pvp, then honestly this isn't the game for you.

Edited by CJFlint

Conan approves. 

Srsly, 

its a pointless deathmatch sandbox for you to have fun playing inside.

Hello. I am Robert. I dont understand the point of this game. First, you spawn and get some food and maybe an axe. Then you try to get a gun and get to a military spawn. After youve gotten your gun what are you going to do next? I cant help people because ill get killed almost everytime trying to help. Collecting more supplies wont make you survive much longer. So the point is to spawn, get some new guns, die and repeat? Thank you. This game would be perfect if everyone wouldt kill everyone. This happens to me every time because im trying to help a guy but instead i get a bullet in my head and have to start everything again.

- Robert

hopefully they will add things as time goes on and balance what is given to create more viability in survival without just tins of food and soda pop. i f i remember correctly Dean said when things start to shape up a lot more that things like canned food and soda will (hopefully) have nutritional set backs, where real food will have better nutritional values meaning that although you can survive just looting food and stuff, it will eventually lead to you becoming ill or weaker over time. as it is game is lacking lots of its intended features and sadly there are so many people playing games these days whos main "enjoyment" comes from camping out fresh spawn zones or the zones where military gear spawns and just killing everyone. there are friendlies on this game, and as much as it gets a pain in the ass to die a lot when trying to be friendly, i have met a good handful of people through in game interactions that showed me not every one is just a trigger happy idiot

Then you read replies like this that just go to highlight that there are a lot of people out there who dont have a friendly bone in them (with regards to games anyway)

sad times

• Like 2

Then you read replies like this that just go to highlight that there are a lot of people out there who dont have a friendly bone in them (with regards to games anyway)

sad times

Why be friendly when 99% of the time it gets you killed? I might be more inclined to be friendly once loot respawns, but for now I don't want to be friendly, die and then have to server hop to get gear again.

• Like 1

Why be friendly when 99% of the time it gets you killed? I might be more inclined to be friendly once loot respawns, but for now I don't want to be friendly, die and then have to server hop to get gear again.

You dont have to be friendly, but in the flipside, being friendly can lead to new team mates and the added bonus that nets you when venturing. in a game where being friendly IS an actual option unlike in nigh on every other shooter style game i feel its fair to say that you shouldnt feel the need to be hostile all the time.

Iv had many situations where someone has come into a police station or ATC tower when i had already gone in armed on the look out for more ammo or higher capacity clothing, and i didnt just gank them because i could, instead i gave them warning that i am inside and have heard them come in, and they can either leave without worrying i will shoot them, or continue in to the building where i have my aim trained on the only way they can move to be able to see me.

some of them were sensible and either took my advice and left (meaning i didnt have to ruin their day by needlessly shooting them only to discover they had sod all i needed to survive and what they did have i would like got ruined in the process), while others thought they were bad ass hostile bandits, and got ganked for being idiots.

on top of that some of the people who decided to go down the more sensible route even went out of thier way to suggest a friendly encounter, to which my response is if your friendly drop your weapon and make yourself visible, which then lead to me being able to trust them better and me welcoming the idea of joining up as opposed to just killing everyone i meet.

sure you will die sometimes for it, but you die knowing the other player is an asshole and you were just being a good person.

its why the mod had heros and bandits skins, as an effort to at least give you a interesting outfit dependant on how you interact with other players.

also

meh

this threads come over and over again. its a sandbox, it is whatever you make out of it. if you lack imagination, you will get bored. go play a more structured game.

i had much more friendly encounters than hostile. this morning i watched one of my favorite streamers stumble upon a fully geared player in the milbase, who then led him to a place where the akm was. despite the streamer telling him he has a drum mag for it. they played for some time together until parting ways at balota.. half of the viewers where "omg he is setting you up, kill him" all the time. thankfully he didnt listen to them.

if you act shifty and mistrust people, then people will mistrust you. if you act selfconfident but polite and friendly, much more people will be willing to return this stance. being friendly in DayZ is incredibly more rewarding than shooting everyone, because you dont miss out on those moments when the other guy is friendly too.

sometimes i get the feeling that half of the community is "ermagerd gaem is so fukd up every1 is shooting!" while at the same time "dood dont trust anyone kill everyone dat only way to survive i swear herp derp".

you get killed no matter what you do. if you try to be friendly, you may better the experience for you and others. if you only act hostile, you rob yourself of a large portion of the fun.

Edited by e47
  • Like 4

Yu-ghi Oh or Pokemon quote?

Ah no...i guess Conan :P

this threads come over and over again. its a sandbox, it is whatever you make out of it. if you lack imagination, you will get bored. go play a more structured game.

i had much more friendly encounters than hostile. this morning i watched one of my favorite streamers stumble upon a fully geared player in the milbase, who then led him to a place where the akm was. despite the streamer telling him he has a drum mag for it. they played for some time together until parting ways at balota.. half of the viewers where "omg he is setting you up, kill him" all the time. thankfully he didnt listen to them.

if you act shifty and mistrust people, then people will mistrust you. if you act selfconfident but polite and friendly, much more people will be willing to return this stance. being friendly in DayZ is incredibly more rewarding than shooting everyone, because you dont miss out on those moments when the other guy is friendly too.

sometimes i get the feeling that half of the community is "ermagerd gaem is so fukd up every1 is shooting!" while at the same time "dood dont trust anyone kill everyone dat only way to survive i swear herp derp".

you get killed no matter what you do. if you try to be friendly, you may better the experience for you and others. if you only act hostile, you rob yourself of a large portion of the fun.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202554-some-times-it-is-impossible-to-know-who-you-can-and-cannot-trust/

which is why you get cool vids like this that highlight exactly what you were just saying, not only that but the friendly guy wins cos the unfriendly clearly had such bad shooting skills (and on top of that the bugged out shotgun) that he did the whole pretend to be friendly thing and then shoot the guy in the back at his most vulnerable, only to be out played and then killed as a consequence to this.

Wow...that's rough bro, having to server hop to re gear every time you get killed? So what exactly IS the point of this game for you, if you server hop to gear up? What exactly are you gearing up FOR?

Sounds to ME, you've MORE than made up your mind what the "Point" of this game is...it's to server hop for gear than PvP bambi's that are trying to be friendly......

I have easily ran across FAR more "Friendlies" than "Hostiles" in all the time I've been playing. I spend a fair amount of time on the coast as well, and almost always play in high pop servers OR popular servers that will fill up quickly.

Why be friendly? Because it takes COURAGE, that's why...anyone can be a KoS douche......

Edited by Mystic Bagel
  • Like 3

Wow...that's rough bro, having to server hop to re gear every time you get killed? So what exactly IS the point of this game for you, if you server hop to gear up? What exactly are you gearing up FOR?

Sounds to ME, you've MORE than made up your mind what the "Point" of this game is...it's to server hop for gear than PvP bambi's that are trying to be friendly......

its posts like this that restore my faith not EVERYONE who plays dayz is a massive chode, with the mentallity that, well i got shot once cos i tried to be friendly, so 99% of interactions end like this because now i end 99% of my player encounters by shooting them, or getting shot because i missed etc.

being friendly is a tougher choice in this game at the moment, but it makes you feel good when friendly encounters work out, an d makes you feel some people in the world arent just evil numpties in and out of games

That's incorrect. I gear up and then hermit around the North/West and occasionally go to the NWAF. On 40 man servers you run into more people than you'd think in the western regions. All of which are trigger happy so fuck it. I'd rather pull the trigger than have the trigger pulled on me. I'm more inclined to be friendly at the shore when I'm a fresher spawn, but when I get hands on a Mosin and some ammo, friendliness goes out the window. In over 250 hours of playtime I've had 3 friendly encounters, 2 of which I've documented here.

I don't see a point in walking around with my gun on my back or aimed down shouting friendly when you can easily be knocked out in 1 hit or shot at by some goon who obviously isn't friendly and will take advantage of you. ESPECIALLY if you have to leave the 40 man population server and go to a 5-15 man server to get gear again. When loot respawns I will probably be more inclined to be friendly as I won't have to go server hopping like some nomad. But for now, there's nothing to do, loot is not plentiful and people are asshats.

So if you can't beat them. Join them.

Point of this game? Silly question!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

• Like 1

- Robert

the game is staying alive, if u can stay alive easily, try staying alive in a more difficult situation,

also the game is whatever u want to do in dayz environment

• Like 1