valtsuh

let people choose what item they want when they spawn

34 members have voted

1. 1. should we be able to choose what we want for the first item when we spawn?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

Instead of having flashlight when you spawn would you want something else. When people spawn they usually throw away their flashlights ,so letting us choose something else like kitchen knife for better defend or shirt what ha´s slots in it would be great.but nothing like m4 or mosin or not any fire weapon. just some crappy items like knife, 2 slotted shirt,empty water bottle, etc.

Edited by valtsu99

No sorry :( I don't think it is fair, people should start pretty much the same

Edited by Petr Kozlovich

Instead of having flashlight when you spawn would you want something else. When people spawn they usually throw away their flashlights ,so letting us choose something else like kitchen knife for better defend or shirt what ha´s slots in it would be great.

Ever spawned into a night server? Flashlight is a necessity.

Fuck then I want a m4 and every one else can have guns too and it can be a cod deathmatch. Yey!

• Like 1

Hello there

If the pool was big enough it might be interesting to have a non weapon random item.

However I bet it would end up with one set of items being preferable and therefore many "suicides" for guys to get the kit they want.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Ever spawned into a night server? Flashlight is a necessity.

Wait.... so I'm not the only one that enjoys night servers? 

No. I would like it if you could choose from some different clothes (balanced with the default start gear) but the flashlight is just there to make (re)spawning at night less painful. Otherwise you should start with no items.

Also people throw away their flashlights because most play on daylight servers while nighttime has some issues (mainly lighting). Fix them and you will see more people playing at night. And if you still play day only you really don't need an item to help you get started.

• Like 1

Wait.... so I'm not the only one that enjoys night servers? 

No you arent! Night servers are a ton of fun. They make the game like 20 times more terrifying too lol

• Like 1

Ok,so look :
If yes :
Many people,well actually,everyone would chose a gun,right?
This game wouldn't be about surviving then,it'll be a bloodbath everywhere,and it would be to easy,you need to search a bit for a gun,not be so lazy,and i haven't died recently,i'm fully equipped,and hey !! .. i've still gotten my flashlight,you never know when you'll need it.

I think a variety of random starting items would be good, but if random starting items are implemented, no player should ever start with a weapon, tool, or additional slots for their inventory.  Raw materials (rope, duct tape, rags, different clothes, hats, etc) would be fine by me, and even things that were just mementos like coins or jewelry. Several different types of flashlights might be entertaining to give out as well.

IMO a player should start with a cellphone that doesn't work and a wallet full of useless money

Nothing unreasonable:

XdRcbDX.jpg

I would like for people to spawn with more 'useless' items like for instance a notepad (to tear pages of paper from) and a pen.

The notepad could be used as kindling, or for writing notes if you actually hold on to the pen.

Fuck then I want a m4 and every one else can have guns too and it can be a cod deathmatch. Yey!

The only difference between DayZ and a CoD deathmatch is that in DayZ you need at least 20 minutes to gear up.

I went for maybe.

I don't believe we should get a weapon but maybe something like a badly damaged can opener or a lighter, anything random that one might have in their pockets at any given moment.

In fact a lighter instead of a flash-light would be pretty cool, maybe ideally we could find some sticks on the ground and rip out t-shirts in to rags to make a torch, that would be awesome the flash-light is pretty terrible

Edited by UltimateGentleman

Ok,so look :

If yes :

Many people,well actually,everyone would chose a gun,right?

This game wouldn't be about surviving then,it'll be a bloodbath everywhere,and it would be to easy,you need to search a bit for a gun,not be so lazy,and i haven't died recently,i'm fully equipped,and hey !! .. i've still gotten my flashlight,you never know when you'll need it.

yeah but ofcourse it would suck if you would be able to choose gun but if you could only choose some crappy things like knife and etc nothing like m4 it would make me stop playing. i think you people missunderstand what i meant. :/

"what you want" - you go and find it, that's the game

Hello there

If the pool was big enough it might be interesting to have a non weapon random item.

However I bet it would end up with one set of items being preferable and therefore many "suicides" for guys to get the kit they want.

Rgds

LoK

yeah but ofcourse it would suck if you would be able to choose gun but if you could only choose some crappy things like knife and etc nothing like m4 it would make me stop playing. i think you people missunderstand what i meant. :/

Orlok gave the reason why this would never work in a game like this.

Even if its "crappy items" there will still be a "best item" and, like orlok said, people will suicide until they get said item.

That being said, i dont think we should spawn with a flashlight, this should be something we have to find, as i dont see why someone waking up on the beach, in the middle of an apocalypse, ALWAYS remembers nothing but a flashlight. :)

It would be better if we start with "regular items" like wallets, keys, maybe a pack of cigarettes or something else completely useless, with 0 impact on gameplay.

It would only have affectionate value to the player, if he wants it to.

Edited by Byrgesen