Sign in to follow this  
Tyrianrage

Possible reward for early access testers?

While I do not like the "reward" aspect giving unique medium performance items to testers once persistent items are active is actually not a bad idea. Those items should never respawn though so lost is lost and destroyed is destroyed. They also should not give the player an advantage over standard items.

An alternative could be special starting items (of course also usable by other players if "given to them") like a different kind of flashlight, T-Shirt or Jeans. Again no gameplay advantage but only cosmetic changes.

It could be a simple thing, like the option to start with a polo instead of s t-shirt? Perhaps give them other shoes, pants, a hat of sorts, something cosmetic with a 0% possibility for changing the gameplay.

I could see this work, it wouldnt create an advantage for anyone who participated in the development, and it could be the start of "legacy" items in the game??

You know, items which is only available for a limited amount of time :)

>Paying less for a game in alpha, because you are getting less of a game

>You will pay more once the game is finished, because your getting more of a game.

I guess you lost me on what the reward is supposed to be. Other than the fact that you get to play it before everyone else i guess, but i have not seen any direct results from people talking to the Devs other than getting banned (Which is for good reason i guess), all i usualy get is "ITS IN ALPHA, SHUT IT".

"Rewarded"

Following your logic buying the game now would mean no patches and having to re-buy at release.

As kichilron said, you are rewarded for trusting the devs this early on by a reduced price, you will get the same game as anyone who will pay full price when the game goes gold. Also you get to play earlier.

This isn't "space civilian" ( :) ) where you have the "filthy release players" on one side and the "awesome early adopters" on the other.

That sense of entitlement O_O ...

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Aww.... 300 hours. How adorable.

In addition to a reduced price, you'll have the benefit of being progressed further than everyone who buys the game at its official release date. Progression in this game is the knowledge gained and experience of playing. Your gift will be dying 10 times less than any newbie.

Did... Did you two even read anything I said?....

Yes. First you offered a suggestion that adds nothing to the game, seems impractical, and probably more work than it's worth. Then you went into financing, which no one can seriously relate to.

I have almost 600 hours into alpha and am more than grateful for the experience that I've been given, at a discounted rate. I don't see us as being THAT important. Also note that I've submitted several bug reports out of thanks and goodwill. Try to do something good knowing you won't receive any recognition or reward. Because it's the right thing to do!!

Yes. First you offered a suggestion that adds nothing to the game, seems impractical, and probably more work than it's worth. Then you went into financing, which no one can seriously relate to.

I have almost 600 hours into alpha and am more than grateful for the experience that I've been given, at a discounted rate. I don't see us as being THAT important. Also note that I've submitted several bug reports out of thanks and goodwill. Try to do something good knowing you won't receive any recognition or reward. Because it's the right thing to do!!

So your answer is basically 'no'? Thanks!

No, because one line posts with little content are nearly worthless. Additionally, a rebuttal with no explanation is weak. And this is a forum where people discuss issues. Yes/no retorts are boring.

>Paying less for a game in alpha, because you are getting less of a game

>You will pay more once the game is finished, because your getting more of a game.

The point is that you payed the reduced price NOW for the full game in the FUTURE as opposed to $50/$60. Or Euros .. Yen, Crowns, Pounds, whatever form of currency you prefer..

Honestly, seeing how these people in Alpha act, they DO NOT need to spawn with a weapon XD

In all seriousness, Id just like say an Alpha exclusive shirt, maybe a nice button up, or an ALPHA shirt, somethin PURELY cosmetic. Plus 2 million buyers? I dont think anyone will actually pay full price, it seems EVERYONE bought Alpha access.

but really, AS50 spawn for alpha testers XD

• Like 1

At least give us immediate access to the finished game!

• Like 1

No, because one line posts with little content are nearly worthless. Additionally, a rebuttal with no explanation is weak. And this is a forum where people discuss issues. Yes/no retorts are boring.

Well now that i'm at my computer I can reply properly. Well it is your opinion that my suggestion 'adds nothing to the game, seems impractical, and probably more work than its worth' i already said it would add some degree of immersion FOR ME, is totally practical based on labor and cost IF my estimations are right, and it would likely cause no more trouble to them AFTER release than padding their pockets which I stated earlier also.

Secondly I'm not sure why i would even have to say this again, but I'm also very happy with the time I've spent playing and reporting bugs out of, as you say, 'Goodwill' (actually just participating in the open alpha instead of just playing it for shits and giggles) but that's not the point here. Im not here with my hand out saying 'well we deserve a reward don't we?', I'm simply suggesting that IF the devs FELT we DESERVED a reward, it would be neat if they put our faces on our toons (repeating myself again). Your not sure of how helpful we are but take it from a person who has spent an enormous amount of time as a project manager in software development, we are a HUGE help(although i don't work in game development, i know that the more testers = more bugs found = more refined product). And that's not even mentioning the millions of dollars consumers spent to help fund a game we believe in, as people cant help but state 'it will be worth twice that' your right, it will, thanks to the people who had enough faith in the game to pay half price for a game that wasn't worth a quarter of the final price at its alpha release.

This game is epic, and i love the genre. I will likely never stop playing it. I'm not being entitled, I'm just suggesting something i think would be pretty cool.

Being that I've explained this earlier in the thread I basically read your reply as 'NO BECAUSE YOUR WRONG' but were all entitled to our own opinions here, 'tis a forum after all.

Honestly, seeing how these people in Alpha act, they DO NOT need to spawn with a weapon XD

In all seriousness, Id just like say an Alpha exclusive shirt, maybe a nice button up, or an ALPHA shirt, somethin PURELY cosmetic. Plus 2 million buyers? I dont think anyone will actually pay full price, it seems EVERYONE bought Alpha access.

but really, AS50 spawn for alpha testers XD

Yeah vanity items like that would be pretty cool aswell.

....spawning in looking like James Bond would be 10000x Cooler!

Edited by Tyrianrage
  • Like 1

This game is epic, and i love the genre. I will likely never stop playing it. I'm not being entitled, I'm just suggesting something i think would be pretty cool.

Being that I've explained this earlier in the thread I basically read your reply as 'NO BECAUSE YOUR WRONG' but were all entitled to our own opinions here, 'tis a forum after all.

Excellent post. Well said! Your comments here clarifies your response a bit. Remind me not to KOS you, sir! Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

Following your logic buying the game now would mean no patches and having to re-buy at release.

As kichilron said, you are rewarded for trusting the devs this early on by a reduced price, you will get the same game as anyone who will pay full price when the game goes gold. Also you get to play earlier.

This isn't "space civilian" ( :) ) where you have the "filthy release players" on one side and the "awesome early adopters" on the other.

That sense of entitlement O_O ...

Nope. you are just misunderstanding me.

One more time (for the people i have lost)

If you buy the game now its 30 because its alpha

If you buy the game when it releases its 60 BECAUSE ITS NOT ALPHA

I never said you have to "repay" lol and i have no idea where you got that idea.

You are already being rewarded by helping the development of the game with a discount of the game, as it will only increase in price over time.

This is the true reward. Can't you guys respect that DayZ has come so far and seeing it evolve in the early stages is golden.

..but i have not seen any direct results from people talking to the Devs other than getting banned (Which is for good reason i guess), all i usualy get is "ITS IN ALPHA, SHUT IT".

You havent? Ive seen alot of player reported bugs getting fixed, ill suggest you head into the feedback page scroll the list and do the math your self.

That reminds me of the way my dad rewarded me for doing all the farm chores.  "Your reward is living with a roof over your head"

And was he wrong?

But back to the topic, after the game releases (if that ever happens) I doubt that there would be any people left, who havent bought this game already who are interested in games like that.

Why?

For a lot of people (like myself) achivements are sometimes the only reason i play a game. They give a sense of meaning, and give you some sort of "ranking system"

Nope. you are just misunderstanding me.

One more time (for the people i have lost)

If you buy the game now its 30 because its alpha

If you buy the game when it releases its 60 BECAUSE ITS NOT ALPHA

I never said you have to "repay" lol and i have no idea where you got that idea.

Oh i perfectly understood what you ment, but it's simply not what you wrote.

But no, you get the game cheaper as a thank you for trusting the developers and funding the project. You don't need to be praised for your decision, you already got something out of the deal.

You would probably be entitled some extra goodies if, on the other hand you got a "founder pack" that would cost 2-3 times the final retail price, as a thank you for wanting to give more than the minimum. But they don't do that sort of thing.

Oh i perfectly understood what you ment, but it's simply not what you wrote.

But no, you get the game cheaper as a thank you for trusting the developers and funding the project. You don't need to be praised for your decision, you already got something out of the deal.

You think you did, but you are still missing my point. So where exactly did i lose you?

The game is $30 because its alpha.

If it was a full version it would be $60

What the hell is so hard to understand about that?

You are already being rewarded by helping the development of the game with a discount of the game, as it will only increase in price over time.

KICH the party pooping man of reason. heed his words young noob, for he speaketh straight from the firey brimstone that is DAYZ FORUM MOD'S CORNER

he knows you want it, but he also does not care for he knows, it will never come to be XD

• Like 1

It could be a simple thing, like the option to start with a polo instead of s t-shirt? Perhaps give them other shoes, pants, a hat of sorts, something cosmetic with a 0% possibility for changing the gameplay.

I could see this work, it wouldnt create an advantage for anyone who participated in the development, and it could be the start of "legacy" items in the game??

You know, items which is only available for a limited amount of time :)

A DayZ logo shirt would be easy enough for them to add and give as a 'reward'.  Like a free booster/DLC pack that goes out in an email blast to anyone's steam account who owns the game before beta release.

For a lot of people (like myself) achivements are sometimes the only reason i play a game. They give a sense of meaning, and give you some sort of "ranking system"

True, I got nothing against them and they propably will add them as a steam achievements. For me they add no content to the game though.