SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

FPS affects speed? Are they seriously not accounting for delta time?

can someone confirm taht tents are saving with loot on exp. but not on stable?

For me. Standing still/ eating/ drinking and sniping  = 39-48FPS sprinting = 15-20FPS I have not noticed running sprinting making me slower if I'm bleeding but it makes a diffrence if both legs hurt. (if the Leg hurts message comes in rapid succession of the last.)

In theory yes but in practice no...

the rate crap was spawning in Vybor at those barracks there is no way i was not taking anything....i mean hundreds of items.

also i went from balota to zelengorsk and saw like 90% of the best buildings were empty

Every place, of which i thought that it should work, worked. And i tried some of them. it definitely works gridbased at the moment.

I cant find the page, but someone posted this one http://imgur.com/a/IIvBB Explains most of it.

I think you imagined the grid a little bit too small.

Balota and zeleno shouldnt work as easily as vybor, cause there are way more buildings in their grid.

can someone confirm taht tents are saving with loot on exp. but not on stable?

confirmed.

Every place, of which i thought that it should work, worked. And i tried some of them. it definitely works gridbased at the moment.

I cant find the page, but someone posted this one http://imgur.com/a/IIvBB Explains most of it.

I think you imagined the grid a little bit too small.

Balota and zeleno shouldnt work as easily as vybor, cause there are way more buildings in their grid.

The grid system allows loot farming in isolated areas whereas at balota-zelengorsk everything looted could just result in a rotten banana spawned in a shack...

Loot respawns should by building and they should respawned slower so people dont camp the building

HUZZAH HUZZAH! The M4A1's dispersion has been fixed!

• Like 1

HUZZAH HUZZAH! The M4A1's dispersion has been fixed!

Glad I kept mine :) they are next to impossible to find now. Just need tents plus persistence on stable to tuck it away

Until the next wipe... :D

(me too!)

Z

I have a i5 2500K and a GTX 760 and my FPS in towns is 15-17 consistently....The game isn't optimised, yet... Hopefully it will be at some point though, because it is unplayable a lot of the time.

• Like 1

A Good Day.  Plenty of zed fights with no LMB while using the Farmers Hoe.  Shot a few too.  Don't like this immediate zed respawn, especially after you go a hundred or so meters and they still spawn right on top of you.  Left a stash out on Monday and it was still there today so made another cache site a ways from the first with a nice rifle, some chow and some clothes so if I get schwacked I'll have a nice rally point.  Still looking for a tent though.

So the Farmer's Hoe works for you? How about any closer range melee (fire ext., Sickle, Machete, Pick Axe, Shovel etc...)? Is the farming hoe even better than axes?

I'm really trying to figure out what to take and what to leave since I fresh spawn like 5 times a day at least and the hit registering is completely off for most..

A Good Day.  Plenty of zed fights with no LMB while using the Farmers Hoe.  Shot a few too.  Don't like this immediate zed respawn, especially after you go a hundred or so meters and they still spawn right on top of you.  Left a stash out on Monday and it was still there today so made another cache site a ways from the first with a nice rifle, some chow and some clothes so if I get schwacked I'll have a nice rally point.  Still looking for a tent though

Seems just like some spots spawn tons of loot some spots spawn tons of zeds i had the fight of my life in polana entered attacked by 5 zeds straight out and while seeing to them 3 more joined the fray . In the end i ran from town with a group of 3 or 4 zeds chasing me i just couldnt stay the town was a death trap lol must have racked up close to 30 zed kills with melee.

So the Farmer's Hoe works for you? How about any closer range melee (fire ext., Sickle, Machete, Pick Axe, Shovel etc...)? Is the farming hoe even better than axes?

I'm really trying to figure out what to take and what to leave since I fresh spawn like 5 times a day at least and the hit registering is completely off for most..

I find the good old shovel works great . Doesnt kill in 1 shot but if you aim high and right it gives a nice head shot that knocks the zeds down then you just wail on them on the ground and at worst they will die by the time they reach standing again.

I was ok with the fire axe but it has a newish sweet spot I haven't figured out yet so I have not tried it since Monday. The splitters axe was giving me lmb problems after around 5-10 swings it would quit working, the machete wasn't doing the trick either. I like the hoe for the reach, especially with them damn hoppers, I have a special hate on for hoppers... Sickle can be fine, except for them frigging hoppers, haven't tried the shovel or pick axe in a long while.

As for the hoe being better than the axe I would have to say no, but, for me, it is more reliable in that I don't get hamstrung by that damn lmb bug,  Still have to swing a bit and find the sweet spot but it keeps working.  It's a 2 hit weapon on zeds.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Have you guys seen the walking dead season 5 trailer by the way

No, I doubt however it mentions the latest DayZ Exp build ?

• Like 3

Has anyone had a PU sight fall off of an SKS at some point without realizing it?  I had this happen to me just this evening.

I have a i5 2500K and a GTX 760 and my FPS in towns is 15-17 consistently....The game isn't optimised, yet... Hopefully it will be at some point though, because it is unplayable a lot of the time.

YEOOOOOOOO NORN IRON

Well I use the NVidia experience thingy to optimise your settings for Dayz will help too!

• Like 1

"mid day" in what timezone? :D

UTC + 01

Don't hold your breath, it will be updated when ready, not before.

UTC + 01

Don't hold your breath, it will be updated when ready, not before.

muchias gracias amigo.

sure there is no chance that it will be updated before ready?

:P

Has anyone had a PU sight fall off of an SKS at some point without realizing it?  I had this happen to me just this evening.

I had this happen last night. When I ejected the ammo to refill it reappeared!!

hey mate....i would reccomend the screwdriver as melee weapon! there is no big animation when drawing (means you can draw it very fast), it's very easy to aim and 2 hits to the head max will kill every zombie.

• Like 1