SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Finally got a chance to try out the new exp patch it seemed pretty smooth to me. Didnt notice to much trouble using melee against zeds infact in the 3 hours i put in the only bug ( apart from the usual random audio crap lol) was crouching once took my sks from being held in both hands properly to being held in one hand rather awakward angle ( put away pull back out fixed only happened once.

Frames for me seemed pretty decent i was getting in the wilds at max pretty much the same as intro scene shown here2014-07-26_00002.jpg

With my worst frames coming in novo but considering running game on max apart from low post processing ( i dont like the games PP) i think it was a pretty smooth run for an experimental build2014-07-26_00001.jpg

Yep, nailed it.  To test, I jumped into a "low-pop" server - showing 2 players at refresh - and by the time I got in there were a dozen, within four minutes 30.  They have instituted a queue system for servers.  Of course somebody will now point out a Hicks twitter or something else I missed saying they were going to do that... :D

Z

I made it to the military base SE of Vbyor this morning. The place looked like a teenager's bedroom: jeans, shirts, jackets, and shoes EVERYWHERE!!!!! I had a good laugh and added my wool coat and hiking shoes to the mess.

On a serious note, I wonder how they're going to clean out discarded loot like that?

something like this? :D2aj7y43.jpg

• Like 5

I I hope the night gets fixed, no need for the flaslight any more, this sucks. I know alot of people complained about it being to dark in previous patches, but really, do we really want the night so bright as this? I can turn gamma to minumum now and still don't need a flashlight, this can't be right....

It suits it when there's a good bit of moon, as I had when playing today, kinda enjoyed the feeling like I was out and about in the Irish countryside on a moonlit night.

When there isn't a moon about and it seems pretty cloudy, as the past couple of weeks of experimental seem to have been for me most of the time, or just a starry night, it'd be nice to have a little more darkness and then pitch-black for the thick cloud nights

It suits it when there's a good bit of moon, as I had when playing today, kinda enjoyed the feeling like I was out and about in the Irish countryside on a moonlit night.

When there isn't a moon about and it seems pretty cloudy, as the past couple of weeks of experimental seem to have been for me most of the time, or just a starry night, it'd be nice to have a little more darkness and then pitch-black for the thick cloud nights

this would be great if they added a moon with dynamic lighting and maybe even moon phases. but, maybe I'm blind but I don't think there is a moon yet. or is there? O.o

Edit: just checked. there is a moon :D

Edited by GoTDTruth
  • Like 1

I was under the understanding that the game is set in the fall/winter time. Also they maybe working on the night time gameplay mechanics. Maybe rocket hates daylight but its a welcomed change from the 24/7 daytime servers

Anybody able to get into a hardcore server?  I have been trying to get in, but there are no open servers - they are all at max or disabled.  I got in three times to one server - it seemed to have seven to twelve people on - but I lost connection straight off.  Each time it returned me to the precise point I started, no interaction with the environment at all.

Z

I SO today I login on a fresh start get a long horn with 1 bullet use it to kill a cow and take it's meat. I start cooking it when someone shoots me  in my arms and legs but before I could hir respawn they resusitate me to full health with saline IV's but they leave me with broken bones and arms and nothing to wear about 2 KM from nearest town. Hungry thirsty and Healthy (cause of saline or something.) I want to respawn from this but can't unless I fall unconsious.....

Everytime i try to join i have a "failed to connect" message

i cry everytime

I played last night with only turning my gamma up a tiny bit and using flashlight, chemlights, flares and making fire. It was so much fun! id recommend not doing it in a fresh spawn or military area though lol.

Anyone find a camo bandana mask?

Should be the same item as the hat imo, with a Rclick option.

Also given the persistent items and loot economy. Does that mean trolls/hoarders can snatch up all the loot and put it in a location and it'll stay there? Won't that stall that servers future loot spawns?

No one can restart the experimental servers that are down? "stuck" I know it's weekend but these days with all kind of remote acces systems...

41dhaj8.jpgApples bring strangers together.

• Like 9

No one can restart the experimental servers that are down? "stuck" I know it's weekend but these days with all kind of remote acces systems...

It is being done on purpose.  They are trying to force people to play in full or nearly full servers.  To test something out, I am sure.  But I did some quick observations, and it is clear to me that a LOT of people don't want to play that way.

I should come back from down under to be the big geared sweatheart of svetlo!

If I survive looting the shit out of it

Edited by basinox

Yeah, so I spawn in on a Southcentral HC Server and it's "My leg is in pain", "I think my leg is Broken", "You are Dead", awesome. So I respawn and instead of washing up on a beach, same messages.  What?  Did I fall from an airplane?  So I go on a different one to try and get back my stuff but I get kilted by a backshooting bambi killer on the way.  C'est la mort I guess. 

Hardly any HC Servers are available since they are all either stuck or full.

Singapore servers are not spawning anything buts zeds and animals, no loot anywhere, you can live off the land if you can find enough berries, haven't tried apple trees yet, plenty of water.  Reported http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14576

Are the experimental servers hosted by the same group of companies?  I noticed that "DayZ UK 0-10" (IP 207.198.118.206) usually have 5 or less players on it, but I'm never able to join.  I can join any other server with players, but not this one.  I looked up the IP address, and it doesn't appear to be hosted by any of the companies (e.g., Vilayer) that host the stable servers.  I ask this because I'm wondering if the admin of this server has found a way to "lock" the server without showing the traditional lock symbol.

Had a bit of fun playing with the loot respawn system this morning. My friend and I met in Polana, starving and new, and decided to experiment with it. We found a few flares and chem lights and got the block lit up around the piano building and started clearing all the garbage out of buildings (it had been picked over completely). We piled the garbage down the road and just kept going back to get more. Items seem to respawn slowly, but they do respawn. It wasn't like the building was magically full instantly, but if you went back after a bit there would be 1 or 2 items next time you went through the pub for example. Also seemed to me the loot tables had more junk to balance this out - after an hour or so we had stacks of books, piles of rotten fruit, and a dozen flashlights...but only a few boxes of ammo and other useful items, and just enough food to keep us out of hungry / thirsty.

something like this? :D2aj7y43.jpg

Wow! There's even an engraved 1911 on the far right, in the middle!! Never seen so much stuff at one place, except when we were all spawning next to elektro and players committed suicide on top of the oil/gas tank...

Really getting a bit frustrated trying to get on in HC.  What is going on?

Z

• Like 1

I respawn and where I respawn is south of vybor in the forest by a fire anf 5 other guys. apparently their groups sixth member got a sudden "YOU ARE DEAD" and then I spawn in with his character by all of them. and they are like WTF?

Really getting a bit frustrated trying to get on in HC.  What is going on?

Z

There's only like 2 or 3 working HC servers at the moment. Others show, but if you join them you just get "wait for server". Don't bother waiting. Check the time or player account. If it doesn't change at all. Server is broken.

Too much frustration.  Going back to stable. 

Y'all have "fun".  :D

See ya Monday.

Z

Edited by Ziad
  • Like 1

Right, I still don't understand the new loot spawn system. Hick's said that when you pick up an item another spawn's somewhere on the server. OK fine, but if all loot is persistent wont that mean that the server will slowly just fill up with more and more loot? There must be something to clear up all the excess loot i'm guessing? Can someone maybe clarify how this whole system works?

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

Right, I still don't understand the new loot spawn system. Hick's said that when you pick up an item another spawn's somewhere on the server. OK fine, but if all loot is persistent wont that mean that the server will slowly just fill up with more and more loot? There must be something to clear up all the excess loot i'm guessing? Can someone maybe clarify how this whole system works?

They said the have precautions in place and have thought of that, but won't go into specifics on how the mechanic actually works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2botaq/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2botaq/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/cj7fhio?context=3

• Like 2