SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Well, just joined DayZ US Southwest 0-4 Experimental, which just recently restarted, i joined at 3:03PM, and had only two other players with *** as their clan tag.   Had all my my gear and weapons removed.  WTH?!   Immedaitely exited.  This is totally unacceptable!   Wasn't there new anti-hacking measures announced for this experimental release?

Looks like there is a hackers outbreak on hardcore servers, gotta wait and see if BattlEye will get them.

• Like 1

kk 2 slots for binos, that's more like it, me like.

• Like 1

it's not a man, it's a Zed. Is he running at me? No, he is chasing a deer!

Maybe because now every Zed is chasing/hunting every cow/bunnyrabbit/deer they see, this makes those performance issues?

I could see that being an issue. At least one of them.. did not think of that, and I bet they didnt either. Maybe by now they have, as the statistics show things like this dragging on performance. 

Well, just joined DayZ US Southwest 0-4 Experimental, which just recently restarted, i joined at 3:03PM, and had only two other players with *** as their clan tag.   Had all my my gear and weapons removed.  WTH?!   Immedaitely exited.  This is totally unacceptable!   Wasn't there new anti-hacking measures announced for this experimental release?

According to the site that I included in my bug report, it's still possible. What happened was battleye banned lots of users using a paid hack that included that ability and bis made it impossible to steal the way they were stealing but apparently they've found a new way.

I suppose the silver lining is that this steal vulnerability is a relic of the old engine so as it morphs into the new one things like this should be rare. It's basically the reason I only play exp. Just like we be, bis are testing exp so are the hackers.

Where about on the map were you btw?

• Like 1

lrish, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:53 PM, said:

Wait, are heli crashes sort of dynamic now then? ..you should have investigated man. Like really... :/ Because it was either the other 2 player blowing up the Gas Station or heli crashes now dont spawn in but rather dynamically crash after the server has started.. that would be very nice if they added that already 

In many of the mods the heli crashes would fly around for a while before auto crashing eventually.. which meant you could actually shoot it down if you saw it flying. Which made for some truly epic moments, especially against the armed helicopters that would fight back ;)

There was no petrol station in that area I'd just been through it and I may have investigated it if I had a weapon other than the melee fists I was using (them crouching zeds are a bitch to punch btw)

Small tips, if you find you have slots which will no longer accept items, remove said item and put it back on, the slots will now accept items again. as said already first aid kits seem empty (some may be) but try putting another item into it or pick it up and if there is anything in they'll show up. being chased by a hoard of zeds, if you can spot an animal close by, run past it and say bye to the zeds.

Where about on the map were you btw?

Elektro.

Edited by Shinjuru
  • Like 1

Can anyone confirm that heli crashes are NOT spawning in the new experimental build?

Also, this fucking timer that limits me from fucking posting "too often" is really fucking annoying. 

It would be one thing if I was constantly posting spam or off topic points.. but I mean, how many users do you folks have on this forum that have more beans than posts, over a year in attendance and over 2k posts? 

...its maddening sometimes, but Im over it already. Time to stop wasting my time here again.. by for now :)

• Like 1

Well, just joined DayZ US Southwest 0-4 Experimental, which just recently restarted, i joined at 3:03PM, and had only two other players with *** (actual asterisks) as their clan tag.   Had all my my gear and weapons removed.  WTH?!   Immedaitely exited.  This is totally unacceptable!   Wasn't there new anti-hacking measures announced for this experimental release?

Update.

I logged in the experimental like super fast now. I think that anti-cheat check is temporally disabled or something.

I have been around the map several times today with no luch finding even 1 heli crash, pretty sure they arent there....  also does it seem to anyone else that the zombies are more fierce now?  they destroy your clothes really fast, and make you bleed more often then before?

Can anyone confirm that heli crashes are NOT spawning in the new experimental build?

Nope, cannot since I found one right in front of a barn yesterday on the west side of Balotta ville.  I have the rail handgards and a coupled mag to prove it too.  It was on regular.  Surprised the hell out of me since I logged for server reset and when I came out the barn after there it was, in all it's glory, about 35 meters from the barn.  Not too far from the airfield gate.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Nope, cannot since I found one right in front of a barn yesterday on the west side of Balotta ville.  I have the rail handgards and a coupled mag to prove it too.  It was on regular.  Surprised the hell out of me since I logged for server reset and when I came out the barn after there it was, in all it's glory, about 35 meters from the barn.  Not too far from the airfield gate.

was this on experimental, or stable?  I honestly spent 8+ hours searching possible crash locations.

was this on experimental, or stable?  I honestly spent 8+ hours searching possible crash locations.

Experimental--it was't regular, it was hardcore after all, I believe it was aus/nz 4.

Edited by Barnabus

Then we can confirm that thee boots either have space for something our minds can't grasp or that they are a work in progress.

Socks perhaps?

• Like 1

Socks perhaps?

Wouldn't make sense that

a.) only military boots can wear them.

b.) They are attached to shoes rather that to the player.

Sock would be cool though.

Edited by basinox

Socks perhaps?

You can now attach a fighting knife to your (military) boot.

You can now attach a fighting knife to your (military) boot.

Can you take a picture of that because someone els said that that didn't work either

I haven't done it myself, saw it in a vid. Don't matter if it works atm it's just an explanation why the military boot looks different in your iventory than civilian boots.

So are the server optimizations making client FPS better or worse so far?

For me. I have my normal performance back again!

• Like 1

So are the server optimizations making client FPS better or worse so far?

my fps seems to have improved a little but i doubt thats due to better server refresh rate. However the throwing physics is starting to look pretty good on a full 30 player server, its still janky as heck on a full 40 player server though.

anyone else getting "you are dead" suddenly for no reason? it happend to me twice already. No gunshots nothing just you are dead, one time it happened in Novodmitrovsk town hall and second time in regular building in Stary Sobor.

anyone else getting "you are dead" suddenly for no reason? it happend to me twice already. No gunshots nothing just you are dead, one time it happened in Novodmitrovsk town hall and second time in regular building in Stary Sobor.

>going inside buildings or using ladders or stairs

>in alpha

>expecting to not die

>laughingsurvivors.jpg

• Like 1

Magical FPS fix anyone?

Unplug it and pug it back in.