boneboys

Stable - 0.46 Discussion

Is there a point in having 30rnds AKM magazines instead of 75? 

Yeah, they look better than the noob drum.

I agree that they look better, but in combat having a 75 can save your life.

Just had a thought with my friend yesterday about spawning time.

I get it that the 99 seconds spawning time is to contain server swapping.

But Spawning time doesn't do this job: Server swappers don't care and ligitimate players are annoyed.

When someone server swaps, usually, it's to save time in looting. So, a server swapper really won't mind to wait 99 seconds instead of taking hours to search the map.

But, when you're not server swapping, that might get annoying.

For example, yesterday, Dayz crashed to desktop while I was in a server.

I restarted and reconnected to the same server : spawning time 99 seconds.

It's only a minor inconvenience and I won't rage about spawning time. The only thing I'm saying is that it doesn't do the job it was meant to do.

Edit: some grammar, English isn't my first language.

Edited by guilau

I agree that they look better, but in combat having a 75 can save your life.

If you fire 75 of those bullets and whoever attacked you isn't dead you don't deserve to live. 75 of AKM rounds is more than enough to kill 10 people. 

Edited by General Zod

If you fire 75 of those bullets and whoever attacked you isn't dead you don't deserve to live. 75 of AKM rounds is more than enough to kill 10 people. 

True, and besides, one should shoot burst mode if not one shot to be a little accurate.

Sometimes spraying is the only way tho.

That's what I said. 30 isn't enough, so you will have to reload and reloading is dangerous. Therefore it's better to have the drum, but it should reduce the accuracy and mobility of the gun. Yet it doesn't.

Edited by Karakoz

True, and besides, one should shoot burst mode if not one shot to be a little accurate.

Sometimes spraying is the only way tho.

Yes but if you sprayed 75 bullets that must have been some serious panic. 

That's what I said. 30 isn't enough, so you will have to reload and reloading is dangerous. Therefore it's better to have the drum, but it should reduce the accuracy and mobility of the gun. Yet it doesn't.

How is 30 not enough ? 10 bullets in SKS is 2-4 people dead depending on few factors. So with 75 should be more than enough to multiple kills 

• Like 1

Ahah ridiculous, you won't kill me with 2 SKS bullets unless you got lucky. If the target is moving you will need much more, especially if you are in 3rd person view. I have already unloaded 3 mags on someone before killing him.

Ahah ridiculous, you won't kill me with 2 SKS bullets unless you got lucky. If the target is moving you will need much more, especially if you are in 3rd person view. I have already unloaded 3 mags on someone before killing him.

1. Don't bet 2 SKS bullets can kill and I'm pretty accurate.

2. I don't play in 3rd person I consider that to be disgraceful 

3. Sounds you need to work on your accuracy. 

Hi everybody!

I have a question! What is the bug? I can attach the bipod to the Mosin or I cannot attach it?

Thanks a lot,

Alex

You can't attach a Bipod to the Mosin but it isn't a bug. The Atlas Bipod simply doesn't fit on a Mosin and we have to wait for a new Bipod to be added that  will probably fit both the SKS, the Mosin, and similar WW2 rifles.

Some discussion here about 30 rnd mags and 75 drum mags.

I think of it like this:

an AKM will hold 1 mag, lets say 75 drum. so, also having 4 inventory slots for another 75 drum gives you 150 rounds.

On the other hand, an AKM with a 30 round mag, and 2 30 round mags taking up 4 inventory slots gives you 90 rounds.

Same space used, nearly twice the rounds.

Drum mags all the way baby.

the drum...  it should reduce the accuracy and mobility of the gun. Yet it doesn't.

That's because we're in Alpha... stuff like this will probably wait for the Beta, when everything else is balanced

Calling this a "Stable" patch is ridiculous. Hacking was halted for 24 hours and is now pushing to the levels seen previous to the patch. We now have experienced server resets done after players banned for obvious hacking, or exploits. Server admin tools for combating this are a joke. Still experiencing hacks where players are stripped of gear by invisible opponents. Players on our server were referred to by player name even though they hadnt spoken over ingame comms or direct chatted these folks. Still seeing glitches all over the place. Though I understand the many different ways players appreciate this game, the PvP really keeps me coming back. Hacked mags, hacked ammo, hacked med kits, hacked ammo boxes, arent what is destroying the PvP experience. People resetting servers through whatever means are committing a crime by denying use of the server. Those of you who decide to merely change servers, arent paying for a server, or you likely wouldnt say that. The naked bambi toting an M4 wasting your character and your hard work in gearing said character doesnt care if you hide his weapon and measly hacked mag. He came in naked on purpose. He has a second account with a set of gear and simply duplicates what he needs to come back and do it again ad nauseum. And even the most even-tempered of us has our limits and the hackers get us peeved to the point of quitting or conversing with them, letting them know just how peeved we are. In doing so, theyve gotten the reaction they wanted. It amazes me there's so many folks claiming theyve never run into hackers on their favorite server. I simply cannot believe their claims. The amateurs simply wait for the wee hours to appear when the admins arent present. The pros dont care when they hit since they possess the tools and sheer numbers of cronies to pull off exploits and hacks. I can understand why the devs dont want to publicly address the current situation as its embarrassing. The word in my circle is this game is a lost cause and we're only playing it until H1Z1 is out and we can play more safely under Sony's watchful eye. Take Planetside for example. The hackers and exploiters get squashed quickly. We will count our money spent on DayZ SA as a learning experience and move on.

• Like 1

Why arent you using an ACOG, LRS or PSO-1 scope? Will save you 4 slots in your inventory too. I ditched my binos, taking up space.

Binos are only 2 slots now, and some people like to have the choice between scoping in with a weapon, or reconning first with binos

Because a gas mask also protects your eyes.

Lol, sorry i saw people had already rebutted this idea, but seriously the gas masks in game have clear lenses for the eye holes, so would make no protection really at all

If only though...

I think it's more the bang that gets you than the flash though it's not too blinding but the bang deafens you easily, not sure how that does much in game really since obviously you won't actually be disorientated.

of course you would be disorientated by a flash bang in game, for one you can barely see for a good few seconds, and at the same time you have absolutely no clue if and where any gunfire would be coming from till your dead.

Not yet - I guess in the future you will get sick if you´re out in the rain for too long. Somewhere I read that your cloths will take damage, but that was just false information, I hope. Rain can never be that acid that it melts your cloths right off your body :D

Rain will play a negative impact in many aspects later down the line (and im not sure where you two got the idea that being in the rain and wind does not have a big impact on health, speaking as someone who was homeless for a time in my youth, one cold autumn nearly killed me at one point) but also it will affect the use of items such as matches, maybe electrical items as well, but definitely prolonged wetness without you drying yourself fairly quickly will eventually lead to really bad health, especially coupled with bad nutritional intake

lol you never know when someone will get the drop on you man, you sound pretty sure of yourself but in reality killing you with 2-3 sks rounds is as easy as killing any other player you may happen to end up behind. the fact you needed 3 mags to kill any single target is also, quite hilarious

1. Don't bet 2 SKS bullets can kill and I'm pretty accurate.

2. I don't play in 3rd person I consider that to be disgraceful 

3. Sounds you need to work on your accuracy. 

^agreed^

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting constant crashes at night time? Somehow the night puts so much load on the gpu that the fans are spinning at max speed all the time.

Friend has the same problem and our setups are lightyears away from each other. 

Oh and it starts right when it starts getting darker. I didnt have this problem earlier, though I rarely play at nights but now its impossible.

Since last maintenance I think they increased the ammunition probability. Can someone else confirm? I find very easly .45 an 7.62x39.

Rain will play a negative impact in many aspects later down the line (and im not sure where you two got the idea that being in the rain and wind does not have a big impact on health, speaking as someone who was homeless for a time in my youth, one cold autumn nearly killed me at one point) but also it will affect the use of items such as matches, maybe electrical items as well, but definitely prolonged wetness without you drying yourself fairly quickly will eventually lead to really bad health, especially coupled with bad nutritional intake

Ofcourse you shouldn't get instatly sick if you stand in the rain for a while and then have a chance to dry your self near a fire or something. And it's not just the rain that should make you sick, but also the temperature should have an effect. A bit of a rain during a hot summer day should have little to none chance of making you sick, but if the heavens open up during a cold night, then you should be in a real trouble if you don't find shelter really fast.

I also think that some items, for example paper, books and that sort of items, should definetly suffer from getting soaked and the same applies to electrical items like walkie talkies. If you take a swim with walkie-talkie I think there is a good chance that it won't work until it has been dried off propely. Ofcourse this is where the protector cases could come in handy because items in them shouldn't get wet, if the protector case is in good condition that is. Also rain coats could give you and your items some protection from the rain. You would still propably get cold during a rain storm, but atleast you would be somewhat dry. Also rain coats should have the option to be worn over your torso clothing because that's how they work in real life.

Talking about sickness, I honestly think that if you catch a common cold or something, running around should defintely be a really bad idea. If you over work yourself while being sick, it should make your condition only worse or even kill you if you are really unlike and foolish. It's harsh I know, but that is what this game should be, harsh and unforgiving if you start fooling around. Your main priority should be to avoid getting sick instead of thinking about how to deal with it when you get sick. Ofcourse if you do get sick, in real life it takes from couple of days to a week or so to recover from the common cold, but in a video game this would just be absurd. So the time you would be sick should be reduced to just few hours or so.

• Like 1

I also think that some items, for example paper, books and that sort of items, should definetly suffer from getting soaked and the same applies to electrical items like walkie talkies. If you take a swim with walkie-talkie I think there is a good chance that it won't work until it has been dried off propely. Ofcourse this is where the protector cases could come in handy because items in them shouldn't get wet, if the protector case is in good condition that is. Also rain coats could give you and your items some protection from the rain. You would still propably get cold during a rain storm, but atleast you would be somewhat dry. Also rain coats should have the option to be worn over your torso clothing because that's how they work in real life.

I made a suggestion about that, we should get like plastic/tarp sheets or bags to wrap stuff in. So say we want to take a swim to an island, take all gear off, put it in a plastic bag and swim over. Then of course given the temperature in the country make a campfire as quick as possible.

I think they definitely should make something like that, for exploration value we shouldn't need a boat to not have gear soaked and if say a clan takes over an island along with all the boats swimming over should be viable, without getting all our bandages etc wet.

Hopefully they do make that or find some other solution it would be awesome sneaking on to clans islands and trying to silently take them out.

By the way, does the damp/wet/soaked status disappear on it's own now? I'm sure I've been damp a few times and it's went away, without going near a camp fire.

If so thank god we don't stay soaked forever...

556 + M4 anything and nades (M67 and flash) all spawn at heli crashes. Which may or maynot be bugged atm. A theory is that the random spawns are conflicting with random police car spawns 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29pa7s/helicopter_crash_sites_not_spawning_on_stable/cinkgrs

I've seen Long range scopes in industrial garages. The red doors that linkup side by side. 

So which one is it?

HELI CRASHES ARE NOT IN STABLE>>>

DEVS ARE YOU GUYS GONNA GIVE US AN EXPLANATION??

OR JUST KEEP IGNORING US??

Edited by BigCountry101

Please tell me there's been a fix on the character database issue by now?

So which one is it?

HELI CRASHES ARE NOT IN STABLE>>>

DEVS ARE YOU GUYS GONNA GIVE US AN EXPLANATION??

OR JUST KEEP IGNORING US??

Are you kidding me? I've been searching for one for hours using a map I thought they just randomly spawned at some locations across the map.

However like 30 locations in a row being empty...

God damn.

Anyone noticed how sneaky the AKM drops are? I find them almost exclusively in barracks, under beds or sinks.

Remember and look under the bed kids.