Grimey Rick

PETITION: Do you want to see the Gas Mask/Ballistic Helmet combination reintroduced?

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see the Gas Mask/Ballistic Helmet reintroduced?

• Yay.
    • Nay.

Yea because I wanna idenfity noobs even more quickly! Just like it used to be. Gasmasks and glasses should however provide no additional protection from firearms, like they currently do. It's ridiculous.

What the hell are you smoking? One good places shot in the head and there dead.

I am smoking the fact that I headshot a guy who, as his only headapparel had glasses with my m4 and he was just unconscious. We got into talking, and he confirmed his glasses are ruined now. Rocket's Aviators saved his life. 

He was looking out a window, i could only see his head.

Don't believe me I assume...I think WOBO aka Agathor has a vid where he states this aswell.

Edited by Khanarac

I want to see one of those stereotypical gas masks in DayZ just because they look cool

411cUIGh74L._SX342_.jpg

Then get a combo like this:

gasmask%2Btat1finishwm.jpg

Oh and here is another reason for gask masks:

When you are in groups, you are going to be standing around people who have eaten a variety of food and haven't brushed or washed their mouth in who knows how long.

No need for a lengthy post about it, of course we want it back, the only reason it was taken out by devs is because some mask model protrude from Helmets....

Well, also Motorbikehelmet+Gasmask.

Steampunk-stormtrooper :D

Well that current gas mask is way too big to be weared with anything else without bad looking collisions. Hopefully they make also a smaller one that you can use with hats.

Well that current gas mask is way too big to be weared with anything else without bad looking collisions. Hopefully they make also a smaller one that you can use with hats.

Really? The screenshots I took recently and posted in the OP look fine to me.

They should put this combo back, I dont believe it would take much work to do so.

Also I do not mind light clipping....I will always prefer some clipping, but lots of options, rather then having zero clipping but also a lot less options how to combine your gear.

Come on, this is DayZ, nobody expects (Spanish inquisition) this to be polished diamond!

• Like 2

I don't remember any clipping with the ballistic helmet and gas mask.  I thought they removed the combo because it gave way too much armor protection 

i would love to see this combination come back because it looks perfect on the character think about it a gas mask and a ballistic helmet sounds and would look epic plz bring this old combo back. The character would have a hard helmet on and a gas mask for the dangerous air 

Thanks

A concerned gamer 

iTz Skittlez

Edited by iTz Skittlez

Definitely.

Really the only thing not fitting in terms of headgear plus gasmask is the motorcycle helmet,

everything else only needs clipping adjustments...

also, please make us able to actually wear the hood of the hoodie, plus gasmask, i wanna be a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ^^

STALKER.jpg

I don't remember any clipping with the ballistic helmet and gas mask.  I thought they removed the combo because it gave way too much armor protection 

as far as i know, and i can be completely wrong, the gasmask did not provide any sort of protection at all

Edited by Zombo

I voted yes, but honestly I'm fairly confident they'll reintroduce it at some point regardless of the communities input. The combo was removed temporarily to my understanding, & it really is low priority.

I voted yes, but honestly I'm fairly confident they'll reintroduce it at some point regardless of the communities input. The combo was removed temporarily to my understanding, & it really is low priority.

I still have mine on so long as i dont die. Yeah iv been living a long long time haha.

But seriously im hoping they add few more models in.

Just look at all the different types you can get. http://www.armygasmasks.com/

I still have mine on so long as i dont die. Yeah iv been living a long long time haha.

But seriously im hoping they add few more models in.

Just look at all the different types you can get. http://www.armygasmasks.com/

I spend a lot of time at my local Army/Navy barracks & they have TONS of gasmasks. So I've definitely seen a handful of the potential variety.  ;)

Like yourself I'd like to see more variety. That goes for any apparel really. 

All in good time!

The removal of the mask/helmet combination is lame since half the items in the game have some clipping issue

Is there any benefit to the gas mask other than knowing who to KOS?

Variety, and also just because you don't wear a mask doesn't mean your safe. That same asshole without a mask might decide to just shoot you upside the head and take your stuff.

i voted yes because the more mask´s ingame the more reason to kos 

you wear a mask ??? ur going down !!! 

thats my rule No.1 in DAY Z 

They should remove the ability to carry rifles on your back since they clip into everything. The same is with melee weapons. They should remove player heads since they can clip through walls. /s

Removing item combinations due to clipping issues is pretty lame when the whole game has clipping issues. I am pretty sure they did it because everyone was running around in that combo since it is the best.

i voted yes because the more mask´s ingame the more reason to kos 

you wear a mask ??? ur going down !!! 

thats my rule No.1 in DAY Z 

No no the little kids already have you beat to the punch. Its "ANYTHING that moves and your going down!!!!"

Thats currently everyone's #1 rule in DAY Z right now.

COME ON MAN GET IT RIGHT!! GAWD!!! *Flips tables*

I was disappointed that I couldn't use my mask with pilot helmets any more. It just looked so quaint! Don't care much about the clipping, wonder why they disabled it. As if though they do not have other priorities to work on?

heard somewhere a while back that gasmask can reduce damage to head?  not sure in which areas, but if it's all surfaces, then maybe it did something to stop headshot damage completely, or just protect full front and part rear head. :S.

Still would like to see some environ-hazards like smoke/rot/particles/rads in some places to warrant the use of this, maybe even weapons ie tear/chemical gas/weapons.

Would be cool to see dust masks preventing spread / contraction of diseases once implemented also.

Give some reasons to justify a person wearing a mask and take the reasons away from people saying 'just 'caus mask'.

more sheep's clothing the better ;)

Military gas masks are designed to be used together with military helmets, therefore this should be wearable in combination in game.

I accept that this ismtemporarily disabled, as long as there are clipping issues, no problem with that.

What i rather would like to see, is a REASON TO USE A GAS MASK in game. I'm thinking about areas, polluted with airborne viral or bacterial carriers, or gases. Maybe a hidden underground laboratory to explore, or something to wear, to reduce the chance of infection, while fighting the infected.