Time Glitch

The ONLY Realistic Way to Prevent Deathmatching: Make DayZ a Living Hell

Treating wounds with things such as proxide or alcohol is acutally worse for your wounds, just a saline solution(pretty much water with alittle salt) is what should be used to clean a scratch

My opinion is that the developers don't have a choice if they want pvp to go it's the community; This shoot on sight bollocks is what is creating the wars and mass death and if more players were like myself there would be a lot more trading and trust involved.

I thoroughly disagree. That's like saying the solution to thwarting mexican drug cartels is "people should be nicer to each other". Individual attitude fits on a predictable curve based on the checks and balances inherent in the system.

The solution to PvP is to give players more mechanisms to signal and demonstrate their friendliness' date=' and give more rewards for cooperation.

[/quote']

I agree - this thread on communication = "humanity" by Scerun is very good: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14619

Or not...

I like the whole surviving the elements thing, but the rest is flawed. Like stated before there will be more murders. Chances are 2 groups wont join up. Its a god damn game, and its not like the brain knows it is! We wont act ever how we would act in real life because its a game. Maybe a select few would try it, but because the majority doesn't they will stick to their "boom sticks".

Here is my vision if I was making day z. Take the idea of roaming zombies, but in the country side where the zeds would be (if next to a city) then the city would have less, as they would have to come from somewhere.

Also the zombies right now are to much of a pain in the ass. Because of the way the games set up, and chances are all you will find are tin cans looting is a bitch, and all that will happen is you will aggro those NFL runner zombies. They need to be slower, if a zombie attack like this happened in the US or all over the world the infected wouldn't run as fast as they do in Day z. Maybe some would (for the infected that are in shape) but look at how many over weight people there are in the world. They would prolly try to run and fall over themselves. This would also make the ability to get away a tad bit easier if you can out run some of them, then give the slip to the others. I vote a faster rate of spawn, or a lower rate of spawn for tin cans and a higher rate of spawn for other stuff (yet slower then it is now).

Also common supplies that we seem to never find in Day z. A watch (even though ive seen 6 in a city), a compass, matches, and most importantly a map. In many houses in the US/world you will find these basic survival tools.

Back to the zombies, they are to smart, fast, and the pathing of the zombies suck, if they would run in a strait line and let us not waist our ammo I may support more of what you are saying, but at the current zombie intelligence I cant support any of it.

Game sweeping changes? Absolutely insane conditions to survive in? A break from the ho-hum of having leet frikkin' gear 5 minutes after spawning? YES!

Do this, please do this. For all of us, do this.

i like t he most of OP but that almost sounds like a 24/7 simulator, where as due to its nature DayZ is most likely going to b e played in 4-5 hours bursts.

But ever since the release of online loot maps this game has become a sinch, i remmber having to just stumble around, look at crappy zoomed out online maps, then finding my bearings and navigating from that using the ingame map, actually scouring towns for loot not knowing exactly where to hit..

But I don't want to play with retarded strangers

I say just nerf miltiary weapons and overall ammo drops

"MORE HARDCORE"

Make them cooperate

+1

And make penalties for dying that will make players afraid to die.

Maybe not in alfa, but later.

much to complex, i think its enough to implement a kind of fleshwound you are not able to take care by yourself. Someone else have to bandage you, that should make it.

An other way to make the game more terrifying is to change the acting of the Z's.

The walker should not be that fast but real tanks, only get killed quick with headshots, 2 or 3 bullets in the head - 8 to 12 in the body, and limbs, hmpf, no effect. :D

To make it more difficult to hit them, change the animation, when they come closer let them sway more like a drunken seaman, upper torso and head allways in motion, but let them come straight, the shortest way.

On the other side it could be possible that you also meet walker who can be really swiftly like raging furys, but don't take that much bullets before they fall.

The "monkeys" should not be that noisy, more sneaky with a stretchy slow animaton, propably from a chameleon :) and able to chase you by making leaps of 2 or 3 mtrs.

And last but not least the crawlers, they should act like traps or mines. Just lay on the ground seems to be dead and if you come to close they attack you with a hissing sound, that alerts other Z's, crawling that fast, the only way to get away from them is to run, much like a crocodile. Perhaps they could make you fall with their attack and they follow you as long as you are in their sigth.

And yeah, all three kind of Z's should spawn everywhere, of course still most in the city.

And isn't that hard enough you can mind about infections that turns you into a zombie and the only way to get rid of it is an injection in your spinal cord, what of course can't be done by yourself.

The threat of creeping zombies, the increasing ammu need and the possibility to be infected should ensure that players team up. Because a single player has not as much ammunition slots and still no eyes in his back.

sorry, bad english i guess u will get what i mean. :D

I agree, we do need less shoot on sight and a little more cooperation from survivors, but this would be punishing solo players. The game would be extremely boring without the PvP and I am a survivor, not a bandit. The fear of other players in towns is awesome and just fighting zombies would be kind of lame, I could play L4D or something if I wanted that. As a survivor, I say we just need to cut KOS a bit and have a little more trust, but not punish. I don't think many of the people supporting this really understand the negative affects it would have on the game. Let Rocket create his vision without advice that would gimp the game and make take the fun out of it.

This just makes bandit clans more powerful. Killing another player should negatively affect you in a big way. Killing someone should be a last ditch effort.

The group I play with is not a clan in any form. We are a losly oriented group of friends on a teamspeak server. There is only one followed rule in our group of friends. "Trust nobody that is in that game." They are right. I got my ass handed to me far too many times trusting people in this game and the reason they killed me 100% of the time was for my gear. I have never played on one person for more than 2 days real time. Within those two days of my longest character, Pretty much anything you wanted in the weapons department was there for the taking if you look in the right spots.

Now sometimes finding a weapon is hard but holy hell do you know What I found two hours ago within 2 km of each other? An AKM in a deer stand-3 mags, traded that out for a Winchester (I don't like how when I fire an Akm i may as well shot a flare gun in the air), ended up with a total of 60 rounds for the Winchester, CZ 550 with 3 mags, a tractor with an Ak-74 in the gear of it. Im going to guess a total of 10 minutes playing time between the tractor and the AKM finds. LESS WEAPONS PLEASE!!!!!! My deaths are all from players who spawned on the coast, found a mackerov or low-level weapon. Went north for an hour. Then came back and killed me. Seriously I know it's Russia and every cafe for some reason has an assult rifle and revolver in the next room but. This stuff is way too common.

I was thinking today of how i play this game. Everytime i trusted somebody for two seconds i was killed, nobody in this game should trust anybody!. Now between COD with a 225 km^2 map with zombies, and this game. What are the differences? You get hungry... That's it. That's my ideas pretty much. I agree with almost everything in this forum except for the in-depth parts because the game can only go so far. I really like the idea of higher zombie spawn and roam zombie packs. Sounds like a good add on to this mod. Now is the time to do it! Can't hurt an Alpha mod.

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm thinking more about it becoming scary with the feeling of death around every corner. Zombies will find you.

That is the best idea i have ever seen, despite the fact i only picked out certain parts cause man that is a LOT of word there. And also I think this would add a lot of realism to the game, you know? I mean really, if IRL we had a zombie thingy now, in the real world, where death is truly the end, are we going to murder someone who could save our butts later when we need to sleep, when we need a buddy most when we catch a fever, or the flu, or break and arm and a leg, just for an extra can of pasta? And I say realism is what this mod needs. Despite the fact theres zombies.... but thats beside the point. Thats a great and highly detailed point.

Basically what I'm saying is that is an awsome idea and i wish Rocket would put that in the mod. Beacause really, in real life your not going to break a leg and shoot the man who could help you get to a hospital or something, your not going to shoot the man who can save your butt later. Good idea.

While i like your post there is one thing that somewhat bugs me about it, and that is:

If you make things more scarce (like food, drinks) it will become MORE important to kill another player over it !! And IRL has shown that IF food becomes realy scarce, 'we' are not besides eating eachother to survive !

What i do like is extending the ability to share things, like a can of food actually working in portions with an increased chance of the portions spoiling if opened. This means that sharing food becomes a more efficient way of playing.

And i think in this 'efficiency' lies the key for players to cooperate, same with drinks, if one can hold more than you need, and you can't hang onto an opened can, sharing it means you can both hold one can and have 2 moments where you can clear thirst, instead of having to hold two cans yourself.

An extension of the medical emergencies is a good way to go about this as well, but again i would go for efficiency first instead of simply reducing availability. Say that you can use a bloodpack yourself for 400HP but having it administered heals for 1000HP.

Another thing that just popped my mind is adding WEIGHT to items, besides space, See i was quite amazed that i could take a full steel tanktrap with me and it just taking 1 spot, without it effecting me at all. If you would actually need somebody to hold your stuff while you together build something that benefits both, thats a reason to cooperate...

Again, those kind of sollutions will work better than just making it a living hell, because a living hell will just mean more incentive to kill another player, as that can of beans will save you or him, and if that is the choice ;) :(

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm thinking more about it becoming scary with the feeling of death around every corner. Zombies will find you.

I agree, this game should be zombie based, not loot/PVP based.'

Hey Devs, you hear that? That is the sound of good ideas waiting to be implemented

If you make it so that many players are carrying around Enfields/crossbows due to ammo scarcity then the bandits do not have a HUGE advantage and so let them try to kill you.;)

I joined as bandit skins we're removed, Honestly from what I did see from my minor game play at the time was, role-play survivors tend to stay away from people with bandit skins, and group up with other survivors, If its to difficult or tedious to find friendlies, get friends to play with you.. if you're unlucky enough to be spotted by a lone wolf bandit, tough luck you should be a bit more careful while scavenging or moving, isn't that the point of the mod? Playing on edge not sure if someone is following you or watching you from somewhere in the tree lines and getting that loot and living? ;) BANDIT SKINS worked! + they're sexy ;) bring them back ): so glad this mod was made, I'm sure everyone has been wanting this for a long time, i hope it just doesn't get ruined with some silly ideas that change the game drastically, only major problem is how glitchy zombies are and how skins were removed ;) + love to rocket for making the game people dream of

"It's easier to steal than share."

I hear this excuse all the time on the forums' date=' and it's bullshit.

The problem in this mod is not PvP. PvP is awesome. If I get shot because a player is starving to death, and needed my beans...well I'm okay with that. If a player has nothing but a crowbar and beats me to death for the winny on my back, again that's okay.

What is NOT OKAY is the guy sitting on the hospital roof with the DMR just popping people to see the "Murders:" number tick up one-by-one. That, boys and girls, is a douche.

There is nothing wrong with lone wolf play. There is nothing wrong with PvP. But you need to make the killing more meaningful.

1. Remove military grade equipment. No NVG. No thermal-sight assault rifles. No freaking 50-cal sniper rifles. This is DayZ, not ARMA2. Only weapons should be civilian.

2. Ammo needs to be incredibly scarce. When I find that Makarov mag I should dance a happy dance, not leave it on the ground and spit on it. Every pull of the trigger should be a hard decision. Do I put a few rounds into this guy, hoping he has replacements? Or do I let him walk past me? Or ask him if he has any rounds to spare. And hunting rifle rounds should be so rare they might as well be mythical.

3. Food should be more scarce than it is, but you should be able to go longer without eating. You should feel the hunger more. Rather than losing blood you should lose the ability to run fast, screen should be blurred, etc. Water works fine as it is...IRL you need to drink far more frequently than you need to eat.

This is the big one:

4. Remove the debug monitor and the kill notices, and don't release k/d stats for anyone or put them on the leaderboard. The only reason douches kill is to get that e-peen stroke of seeing their murder count tick up and that "joe has been killed" text. Remove both of those and you will see them run for the COD hills. It's also much more realistic...you shouldn't know if your shot took that guy out...or if he's circling behind you right now to pay you back.

You make these 4 changes and I promise you'll see less douches and more real PvP. The kind of PvP we can live with...

[/quote']

Still on page 10 of this thread, but had to quote this. This is how feel exactly. The weaponry available is way overboard. The amount of ammo available is overboard. And NVG? Really? Just give us the ability to duct tape the flashlight to weapons.

tldr.

By making the game HARDER you actually PROMOTE PVP. When poeple gonna learn ? If everything is super rare, why would I cooperate? It is more advantageous to me to just kill anyone and loot the scarce loot.

tldr.

By making the game HARDER you actually PROMOTE PVP. When poeple gonna learn ? If everything is super rare' date=' why would I cooperate? It is more advantageous to me to just kill anyone and loot the scarce loot.

[/quote']

I understand what you mean but if you combine grouping (because of more survival chance) and scarce ammo/weaponry, than you'll have solo bandits be less agressive as they can't be sure to survive a firefight against groups.

tldr.

By making the game HARDER you actually PROMOTE PVP. When poeple gonna learn ? If everything is super rare' date=' why would I cooperate? It is more advantageous to me to just kill anyone and loot the scarce loot.

[/quote']

You are wrong. Where you will kill survivors?

If they go into the forest running, they are safe (you will waste precios ammo for what? you can't be sure).

In a town, with increased audibility of zeds, will you be able to one shot all of them (so you will be using a noisy weapon), attract the horde and then get the loot?

of course, you ll have to planify at well every ambush.

And what if you will need medical attention, or if you are waiting for a survivor to kill for some beans, who maybe won't ever show? you will have to go in a town, alone. Or just call for backup.

This all will work when ammo regeneration and server hopping will be fixed.

Now, if you want to go deathmatching with other bandits...