- cannot be killed

- Loses the ability if has commited murder

- can use white flag and small arms.

}

Player shooting the White Flag guy {

- loses humanity

- lower humanity = chance of infection or general bad luck

}

Lower Humanity More Zombies for them + Bigger chance of hunting them instead of players with more humanity

Creating a new item just like an axe and adding some wavy physics to it so it looks cool. Can be holstered inside bag sticking out.

So probably this player will come in contact with the bandits or they will ignore him and hunt for loot. So the good guys can be organised to kill the bad guys.

For me the problem lies to the fact that a new player cant protect himself from bandits either because he doesnt know the controls - so the white flag must be stressed when a player starts the game. Or because the new player cant reach the level of arms + companionship a bandit group has. The white flag is a feature i would use and is already used also in the form of marking a car or vehicle with a symbol "+" - in real life. So we cant ignore that.

Better humanity = better loot and bigger chance of survival - white flag so bandits cant kill & take the loot from good guys

if players start killing each other they will be killed by more zombies. Even if they got great guns - once they cant kill good guys (unless ambushed when not carying a white flag) they will be killed by even more the zombies.

If players dont kill each other and hunt for zombies all day we will have companionship = boring for bandits

if players want to shoot someone they will shoot a guy who has commited murder - so murdurers kill murderers but cant kill looters + explorers

if bandits need a rush - add superstrong zombies in designated areas so they can hunt them in groups and have fun.

snipers will always be snipers so you better carry your damn flag

protecting a fellow human from zombies hunting him gives you humanity

shooting him for fun while he is beeing hunted make the zombies hunt you instead + the player falls unconcious and cant be shot dead (only for new players with no ranged weapons)

Its a mix of things that will balance this deathmatch and slaughter of innocent noobs

post-99889-0-37055000-1345888008_thumb.p

Edited by inde

That's why servers need the ability to be more custom. Let the server hosts pick the percentages of spawning, and even locations. (Like the editor.) Maybe even keep the spawn percentages, but allow them to change the percentage of the already set percentage, thus not changing it to much, and not allowing hosts to put a set max limit of certain items. This could allow some server to set how far along the outbreak has been going. Like how many vehicles are around, ammo, food, guns, ect. I know that I trust Rocket to know what's best, so servers can stick to the regular version of DayZ if players really want that, but give us a little more variety of gameplay as it really couldn't hurt...

If you're like me, you can't find a survivor for the life of you. Do you have any ideas to compensate for that? For new players, I mean.

You, Sir, have my beans. I'ts surely one of the best suggestions i've read so far.

Edited by Pawlzz

You, Sir, have my beans. I'ts surely one of the best suggestions i've read so far.

sorry double post.

Edited by Pawlzz

Just a silly noobs suggestion; How about making other people less of a threat?

If you give people the option to surrender, raise hands, wave white flag, others will less be inclined to shoot them.

There are 3 reasons to shoot a stranger; for fun, to steal their stuff or because you fear them.

When I see someone in DayZ they often forget or mess up lowering their weapon and come running towards you waving an axe or pointing a gun.

If you have the option to disarm and raise your hands, at least one of the motives to kill becomes less of an issue.

When someone comes towards you with their hands in the air, you will probably at least talk to them before shooting them.

See what they want, if they can help, if not, they can run off and you both go your own way.

It has happened that I've been badly wounded and willing to trade all my very cool stuff just for a medic pack, you walk up to people typing and voice chatting; don't shoot me!

But it rarely works.

Being able to surrender may.

It will also add an extra level to the game.

Imagine what could happen if you find someone who surrenders, you can tie their hands, take all their stuff and take them along on your journey.

They can be zombie bait, you can make them explore dangerous areas, you can trust them with jobs like carrying all the food, send them out to talk to strangers, make them chop wood and eventually after a while you can decide to let them go or make them one of your unit.

I wouldn't want to be a prisoner, but when you're wounded, dieing of hunger or thirst, you'll do whatever it takes.

Wow this guy should be a writer, i mean seriously that was beautiful, but it still wouldnt fix the issue, however the game should still be made MUCH harder.

how about

Give a player the ability to raise a white flag

Player raising flag (must not have low humanity level){

- cannot be killed

}

- loses humanity

}

Lower Humanity More Zombies for them + Bigger chance of hunting them instead of players with more humanity

Creating a new item just like an axe and adding some wavy physics to it so it looks cool. Can be holstered inside bag sticking out.

So probably this player will come in contact with the bandits or they will ignore him and hunt for loot. So the good guys can be organised to kill the bad guys.

For me the problem lies to the fact that a new player cant protect himself from bandits either because he doesnt know the controls - so the white flag must be stressed when a player starts the game. Or because the new player cant reach the level of arms + companionship a bandit group has. The white flag is a feature i would use and is already used also in the form of marking a car or vehicle with a symbol "+" - in real life. So we cant ignore that.

Better humanity = better loot and bigger chance of survival - white flag so bandits cant kill & take the loot from good guys

if players start killing each other they will be killed by more zombies. Even if they got great guns - once they cant kill good guys (unless ambushed when not carying a white flag) they will be killed by even more the zombies.

If players dont kill each other and hunt for zombies all day we will have companionship = boring for bandits

if players want to shoot someone they will shoot a guy who has commited murder - so murdurers kill murderers but cant kill looters + explorers

if bandits need a rush - add superstrong zombies in designated areas so they can hunt them in groups and have fun.

shooting him for fun while he is beeing hunted make the zombies hunt you instead + the player falls unconcious and cant be shot dead (only for new players with no ranged weapons)

Its a mix of things that will balance this deathmatch and slaughter of innocent noobs

how about you go play warz and shut the hell up

THESE ARE THE BEST IDEAS I'VE EVER SEEN YOU SHOULD REPLACE ROCKET I JUST LOVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS KEEP IT UP BRO AND YOU GOTS MA LAST TIN OF BEANZ

No matter what you do in this game people are always going to kill because there is no consequences. This is not real life you know, so no matter what you try to do to make it more "realistic" at the end of the day people will still kill for the lulz. I do like the sugestions tho but they wont change anything.

Remember, this is online gaming where everybody is a killer, everybody is a murderer, everybody is a badass, everybody has a 12 inch dick, etc etc etc

Edited by Knight2000

Harshness,I would think that Dayz would give me this feeling but I just do not have it.Maybe Warz will be the survival coop many people want.Dayz will most likely stick to the PVP with zombie background as it works and a huge amount of people love it.Rocket in a recent interview said it well when he pointed out that some people get so attached to their own character in Dayz and those are the people that fall in love with it.Some of us just do not get attached though.Like me as I have no attachment at all to my character even when I have good gear.Could not being materialistic be the reason for this LOL???This is where I hope Warz goes down a road that is dividing alot of fans of this new gamestyle.I just have hope as the video I watched of gameplay has the player with a pistol,sniper rifle and assault rifle.....like Dayz and its putting of huge weapons into backpacks.But these videos are not of the Hardcore mode so I still have some hope.

Give a player the ability to raise a white flag

Player raising flag (must not have low humanity level){

- cannot be killed

}

- loses humanity

}

Players would just abuse the white flag and use it to get a unfair advantage. This would also people to become bandits easier so no to your white flag idea.

Edited by keosan24

Love it. From what I understand you're still allowing players to play however they want but your giving proper, realistic consequences.

You can be a lone wolf, but doing everything alone will be a problem. It's good because you do what you want, have no one else to worry about and can take all the loot for yourself. You also don't have to worry about group members betraying you. No group decisions. However there's also alot to do to survive. It should be tough. Getting into sketchy situations with zombies will prove deadly for you. Groups of bandits will have a field day with you too. You're limited as far as location you can loot. Many are infested with large amounts of zombies but only one of you.

You can be a bandit. Group up with other bandits even. Seems like you get the best of both worlds and you kind of do. However if you're surviving by just killing other players, well you're gunshots are going to get you into deadly situations with zombies quite often. Different guns have a varying sound radius. Every zombie within that radius may not come straight to you but they will be coming from every direction to investigate that sound. better hope you're not spotted. With zombies being more deadly, maybe even an X% chance of contracting the virus, you're going to get yourself in hot water often. Better have your tactics planned out carefully.

You can group up with survivors.You tactfully survive. Maybe you go from city to city looting. Maybe you go hunting for animals. Killing players isn't really your style. When you're grouped up though, others players action affect you directly. Trust can be a dangerous thing. Furthermore, what happens when everyone is starving and you haven't found food in a long time. One can of beans is found. Who gets it? Do you share, there's only so much in a can. Maybe there's a lone player in the forest, ordinarily your friendly but he could have some precious food that you desperately need at this point. You going to kill him? Maybe surround him and make him drop his food? How long do you hold onto your morals? Maybe you're getting chased by a town full of zombies. Doesn't look like you're going to make it out alive. Do you persist anyway? Or are you thinking about capping one of your group members in the leg so the rest of you can get away while they eat up your friend. What happens when you disagree and or trusts are questioned or broken.

Side note for standalone feature: I'd love to see this virus be contagious through attacks by the infected/zombies. Say you have an X% chance of contracting the virus during attacks by the infected. If infected, you would have X amount of time to get antibiotics to stop the virus. The body temperature mechanic can be put to use here. As the virus takes over, you get a fever and your body temperature increases. Maybe some visuals? Dizzyness? Blurred vision? Time until the virus takes over varies a bit so you don't know when you'll turn. Just an idea. Finally without notice you get a "you died" screen pop up.

However it's not over for your group. Your body now turned into a reanimated infected NPC and without notice. Did you even tell your friends that you were running a fever and might be infected? You're reanimated infected body will attack them without notice. They may now also be infected.

Do you trust a group member if he says he hasnt been infected after an attack from an infected or cast him out from the group? Would you tell your group you're infected? They may shoot you in the head for their own safety. Then you lose everything you've worked for with your character. You could suggest looting a hospital "for fun" hoping you'll find antibiotics and avoid the whole situation. They may find your request suspicious though.

This will give your team an extra decision to make. A decision that really drags you into the game. you're making a decision that matters. If you know someones contracted the virus, how long do you wait and scavenge for antibiotics until you put a bullet in their head for your own safety. Maybe you have antibiotics. However you may need them later if you get the virus. Do you give your only bottle of antibiotics up? You just got attacked by a bunch of zombies, is someone infected and not telling you. This adds so much more depth to the game.

Edited by Lights Out
  • Like 1

Op, I like more of these suggestions than I hate but here's my only problem.....

What if people don't want to team up? You are suggesting making game play co dependent on grouping. That's fine except there are also a lot of solo players. Have you really accounted for them in all your tweaks?

Op, I like more of these suggestions than I hate but here's my only problem.....

What if people don't want to team up? You are suggesting making game play co dependent on grouping. That's fine except there are also a lot of solo players. Have you really accounted for them in all your tweaks?

as a mostly a solo player a can only say- deal with it.

its a zombie apocalypse, and its not surprising that group has more chances to survive then a solo survivors.

Edited by Frozen

Fronzen, I appreciate that perspective...but there is no guarentee that groups will be more successful. Either way my point is, I do not believe the game should favor grouping anymore than it should favor soloing. That was the point I was trying to make, thats all.

Fronzen, I appreciate that perspective...but there is no guarentee that groups will be more successful. Either way my point is, I do not believe the game should favor grouping anymore than it should favor soloing. That was the point I was trying to make, thats all.

well i believe that solo play should be harder. when it comes to a group play finding supplies can be more difficult, but it will be easier when it goes to killing zed, and vice versa for solo.

either way harder or easier, I do not believe any implementations (or suggesstions) should favor one or the other. To me that would be balance

I think we can all agree that there is simply too much murder right now. There's no incentive not to kill. We've tried bandit skins, getting rid of global chat...All of these are very gamey solutions. And none of them have worked.

Here's what I'm proposing, Rocket and team. Rather than come up with some mechanic to help out one side or the other, or do some kind of balancing act...Do something different. The reason we don't work together is because we can survive alone. The reason we shoot on sight is because we have nothing to gain from teaming up.

So let's set the world on fire. Let's watch it burn. Let us feel fear; That same fear we all felt when our boots first landed on the shores of Chernarus.

Let's Make DayZ a Living Nightmare.

-----------

You already start with next to nothing. Good. That sets the table. Canned Food is scarce. Canteens are as precious as gold.Weapons are a luxury, and ammo doesn't last long. Finding the tools you need to start a fire and cook a meal? Good luck. And if you don't find food or water, both of which are incredibly scarce? Enjoy dehydration, or starvation. You won't just die from some ticking blood bar. Your vision will blur, you'll be tortured by the sounds of your stomach aching for food. You'll barely be able to keep crawling forward. You'll pass out from exhaustion, and die curled up on the ground, without so much as a whimper.

The Zeds are more numerous. They prowl the streets of cities in packs, and must be avoided if you hope to survive. The Zombies have begun to migrate to forests, and herds of them roam the countryside. Nowhere is safe from the infected, and their numbers continue to grow. Areas that have been densely populated with infected for a long period of time are now more difficult to breathe in. Death stinks the air, and if you spend too much time there, you might get sick. You'll cough if you don't have a surgical mask, or at least a scarf to wrap around your nose and mouth.

And what of your injuries? That scratch could get infected if left untreated. You'll need sterilization materials, such as rubbing alcohol or peroxide. That last bout with the Infected didn't break your leg, but you sure as hell can't run on it. Maybe you got lucky and it hit your arm instead. Can't use your primary with only one good arm. Morphine isn't going to heal those broken bones of yours...Only give you the ability to walk on it for a period of time. And if you keep using Morphine? Well, you'll become addicted. Then you'll need it if you don't want the shakes, hallucinations, and sickness.

The environment is unforgiving and harsh. The coast is plagued with deep fogs, and ripping coastal winds that chill you to the bone. If you manage to make it off the coast, beware the sun. Running too long in the sun can cause heat stroke and exhaustion. If you take refuge in the mountains, be prepared for a drop in temperature, and cold wet nights. Further north, expect cloudy skies and torrential rain which chills you if left unchecked.

You're only one human being against a world that is designed to kill you. So how do you survive?

You MUST cooperate.

Maybe that scarce can of beans, or that canteen of water, can satiate 2 people rather than one. Maybe a pair of eyes covering your six increases your chances of survival when scavenging in an infested city. Maybe when you can't walk on your leg, a friend could take you on their shoulder so you can walk again. Maybe someone could set and splint that broken leg of yours. Maybe someone can bring that fever down by tending to you while you're sick and unable to take care of yourself. Maybe being within close proximity to others makes you share body heat when the temperature drops. Maybe that other person has the matches, and you've got the hatchet.

Maybe, when the world is a living hell...Other people are your only hope to survive.

It's just a thought...But I think it's the only way to keep DayZ from becoming Deathmatch + Zombies.

P.S. Might I remind everyone that this is ALPHA, and this is exactly the time when we should be trying insane, crazy stuff like this. You don't get that chance when a game is released, or even in Beta stage. We should be doing this NOW, just to see how it works.

Edit: Perfect description as to why bandits should love these changes...Written by a bandit:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mod has requested I form a list of proposed features so this can be moved to the suggestion forum:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=====================

=====================

- High-End Military-Grade Loot increased rarity. This should only be for the very dedicated/lucky. ONLY spawns in Military Areas.

- CZ550 replaces most Sniper Rifle spawns.

- AKM and AK-74 more likely rifle spawns than M4.

- Deer Stands no longer spawn military weapons, only ammo.

- Small chance of AKM/AK-74 to spawn in Residential areas.

- All Basic Survival Consumables spawn less often (Food, Canteens, Soda, Etc.)

- All Basic Survival Consumables can now be shared between two players for full effect.

- Hunger goes down slower, but leads to Starvation when blinking. Starvation causes quicker loss of stamina, growling sound, and eventually the shakes, inability to run, passing out, and death.

- Thirst remains at the same rate, but leads to Dehydration when blinking. Dehydration causes loss of speed, blurred vision, and eventually the inability to sprint coupled with passing out. Hallucinations as a warning before death.

- Zed count increased.

- Zeds can hear gunshots from further away. However, rather than immediately locking on, they will simply investigate the noise if the player is out of their line of sight.

- If many zed are in an area, they form a pack and begin roaming further than their default AI patrol path. These have the ability to leave cities.

- Packs are more common in cities.

- Zeds spawn more in the outskirts of cities ("Wandering").

- Chance of zeds spawning in the wilderness. Chance of zed packs spawning in the wilderness as well.

- Areas where Zed have been present for long periods of time (Parts of cities) have a chance to begin to become hazardous. Players must either find Scarves or Surgical Masks to help prevent infection from these areas. They will cough loudly if they do not have either of these items.

- It's a no-brainer that other players are more helpful around more Zed.

- Injury system expanded. Players can now get scratches from infected that can cause sickness if left untreated.

- Scratches varry in intensity from a minor fleshwound (Requires bandage, does not bleed) to huge gashes (Loss of limb function, bleeds and requires bandage).

- Players can wash their wounds with water, or cleanse them with rubbing alcohol or peroxide (Both of which can be found in Residential loot). Peroxide or Alcohol completely cleans wound, where water still has a chance of infection.

- Serious gashes can cause a limb to lose function until the wound heals. Limping on a leg, or unable to use a primary weapon due to an injured arm are possible scenarios.

- The only way to break bones will be severe Zed injury (Multiple Zeds Multiple Times), or falling.

- Broken bones cannot be mended without a splint. Splints are wood and bandages.

- You can set the bones yourself, but you risk permanent damage to the limb (Decreased speed for legs, Less accuracy for arms). Another player can set your broken bones with no risk of permanent injury.

- You can set the bones without Morphine, but you risk passing out for a long time from the pain instead (The bone is not set properly). Painkillers will allow you to set a bone, but with blurred vision for a time, and a loud cry is let out.

- Once a splint is in place, the limb must mend for a full day of game time. You can limp on a leg, and can only use a primary for an arm. If Painkillers are taken, you can limp faster.

- If you take 2 doses of Morphine, you can limp on a broken leg. Continued use will enable you to keep limping, but you run the risk of overdose.

- Another player can help you walk, "Fireman" style. Using this, you can limp considerably faster on injured, broken, or splinted legs. You can both use secondary weapons during this.

- Antibiotic spawns increased, still only in hospitals.

- Infections come in different varieties: Cold, Flu, and Injury Infections.

- Cold contracted from low body temperature. Causes coughing, decrease in stamina, possible fever if conditions do not improve. The body will recover, slowly, if given enough rest.

- Flu can only be contracted in hazardous areas. It causes vomiting, leading to the shakes and dehydration. It has a high chance of fever, and can lead to death if fluids and food are not maintained.

- Injury Infections are the result of untreated wounds. These lead to shaking, loss of limb function, 100% chance of fever, and eventually death. The only cure for this is antibiotics.

- Fever causes loss of ability to jog/run/sprint, shakes, dehydration, passing out, and if disease is not cured, death.

- The healing process can be accelerated by other players. They can tend to your fever with a damp cloth, provide you with body heat if you have a cold, and keep you fed/hydrated when you're passed out. (They can also go out and get medicine!)

- While not diseases, Overheating and Heat Stroke are introduced. Overheating occurs while running in the sun for too long. This causes accelerated thirst consumption, and slightly blurred vision. Taking a break, then running in the shade will prevent this.

- If the player continues to run for too long without brief breaks (We're talking 10 seconds every 10 minutes kind of thing, no big deal), they will exhaust themselves, leaving themselves open to Heat Stroke if it's daytime (Excluding Sunrise and Sunset). They could potentially pass out for a VERY long time due to Heat Stroke if they do not take breaks.

- Players can walk during the day to receive no negative effects. This means players without water can still travel in the heat of the day without having to worry about Heat Stroke.

- Different regions and time of day in those regions now have different effects within the environment.

- The coast has deep fog in the morning and at night. During the day, whipping winds cause wind chill to those out in the open.

- Open plains during the heat of the day are very hot can cause exhaustion in players much quicker.

- Mountains are damp and misty in the mornings, causing temperature to drop.

- Forested areas are more prone to rain. This is even more so on forested mountains.

- Rain does not chill the player immediately, but if the player does not find heat or shelter soon, they will become soaked and their body temperature will drop, causing mild shivering. This takes longer during the day.

- Heavy Rain will accelerate the chilling process, and also make players unable to build fires in the open. They must find shelter or a dense forest to light a fire in. Heavy Rain will also give a light fog to the area, making it harder to see. Heavy Rain is more common in forests and forested mountains.

- Night will accelerate temperature-dropping effects.

- Being near another player will cause you to "share body heat". This will decelerate the temperature drop greatly.

- Two players can contribute to a fire pit, causing a bigger and hotter fire.

=====================

=====================

I FULLY realize that many if not most of these features will simply not be possible as DayZ is a MOD. However, my hope is that systems like these will be considered once DayZ becomes a stand-alone game...Which I have full confidence that it will.

(That was quite a lot of writing...Whoo...)

After sifting through hundreds of "Remove the L85 AWS!!!1111" and "OMFG Remove SNIPERZ!!!1111" it really does make my day to see such a great suggestion post, This is the sort of stuff that we should be angry for not already having in game... good job

This is the first good anti-PVP thread I have seen and I have to say this is an A+ solution. On top of that it also suits the players that request more difficult game-play. By making this game much harder I feel it makes the game more enjoyable. I would love to see most of not all of this fully implemented into the game.

Nowhere is safe from the infected, and their numbers continue to grow. Areas that have been densely populated with infected for a long period of time are now more difficult to breathe in. Death stinks the air, and if you spend too much time there, you might get sick. You'll cough if you don't have a surgical mask, or at least a scarf to wrap around your nose and mouth.

Since Rocket announced a planned advanced medical system and disease\contamination\injury simulation I thought about the surgical masks and airbrone contamination. I'm glad I searched and found this topic. So here is my contribution to this idea. Reddit suggestion - http://cp.reddit.com...l_face_maskgas/

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

This amazing, my only thing to improve would be that, maybe only put all of these things in a expert servers and less of the harder items while on a lower difficulty server.