Dreypa

AKM Weapon Sway through PS10 Scope

Okay so not sure if anyone else noticed, or if this is just me experiencing this.

But looking through the scope on the AKM, I notice a RIDICULOUS weapon sway were the gun shakes between a 45-60 degree field of view, making the scope pretty much useless.

Iron sights - no drastic sway however.

Wat...?

Dude ive looked everywhere for that AKM. I know its suppose to pop at the old spot that M4 would spawn. You lucky bastartd. But to your post ive noticed something similar in the ACOG scope, it has a massive sway aswell. Although I don't think its as bad as 45-60 degrees

..//..

the gun shakes between a 45-60 degree field of view, making the scope pretty much useless.

..//..

? 60 degrees ?

man that's travelling

Edited by pilgrim

Is this the phenomenon that is also affecting the LRS owners? I hear an outcry to that as well.

Rockets net nannies claim it's due to a fracture, though no such injuries exist.

Is this the phenomenon that is also affecting the LRS owners? I hear an outcry to that as well.

Rockets net nannies claim it's due to a fracture, though no such injuries exist.

Yes, it is. Little do they know...

Already ditched my Mosin+LRS for a AKM+PS01 hoping to have it not jitter. But, no...

Edited by RyBo

Rockets net nannies

The fuck is a Net Nannies? XD

The fuck is a Net Nannies? XD

Rofl. Its my nicer way of saying brown noser.

Rofl. Its my nicer way of saying brown noser.

That made me think of all kinds of horrible kinky weird anime like shit i should draw........ >.> I might do that lmao

Yeah, at the moment it seems to be a bug with all the weapons. There is no vertical sway like you would see before, and it would swing all over the place if you were out of breath. But now it's only horizontal sway and it is an ABSURD amount. I had just started using an AKM and got ambushed and pulled up my AKM to only have it sway all the way to the right off screen while I was trying to target this guy. 

My team and i made sure to get all kitted out with akms and replace our sks's and mosins, and now were starting to seriously regret it, I've personally used 4 splints and 2 morphine on myself as it was suggested in another thread about damaged limbs, and it didnt make a difference whatsoever, I've got the bright green healthy status and I can be standing still for 5 minutes, and still sway. There is a way to negate most of that, but its not very realistic to use in a firefight

This happens to all weapons, but the akm both with and without scope is by far the worst of the bunch

Edited by Yenar

anyone whos experiencing this try using a splint or morphine, even if it doesnt say you have pain or fracture or whatever, then test again for scope swaying, good luck.

edit, just read post above mine,  if youre sure it didnt work for u, ok, while for me, i spawned in 1st time after the update, was fully healthy, looked through acog, there was sway left to right only, used morphine, scope stopped swaying.

Edited by qww
  • Like 1

Yes, they very much do exist, my friend. They may not be the solution to this phenomenon that multiple people are experiencing, but their is an in-game mechanic where you can have a hairline fracture with no indicator.

• Like 2

anyone whos experiencing this try using a splint or morphine, even if it doesnt say you have pain or fracture or whatever, then test again for scope swaying, good luck.

edit, just read post above mine,  if youre sure it didnt work for u, ok, while for me, i spawned in 1st time after the update, was fully healthy, looked through acog, there was sway left to right only, used morphine, scope stopped swaying.

Ya, unfortunately all the guys on my team have tried that to fix it, and 0 difference, alot easier to make splints with gathering sticks now, but even after all of us trying it 4x each were still having the problem of massive horizontal sway........ this has got to be a bug, I can handle sway, but like others have said ill get upto 60 degrees to one side or another, making the gun worthless, the other weapons are doing it as well but not nearly as bad.

• Like 1

Other players have reported extreme sway for various guns, scoped and not scoped (the video in this thread shows a player experiencing "shaking" when holding an unscoped mosin which is not even in ironsight). This is clearly a bug. Hopefully to be taken care of either with hotfix or next patch.

This happens now with every rifle.

Whether it's intended or not, it's idiotic and should be fixed.

• Like 1

Yeah, at the moment it seems to be a bug with all the weapons. There is no vertical sway like you would see before, and it would swing all over the place if you were out of breath. But now it's only horizontal sway and it is an ABSURD amount. I had just started using an AKM and got ambushed and pulled up my AKM to only have it sway all the way to the right off screen while I was trying to target this guy. 

Agreed. The scope is basically useless. 

I find myself using the pistol a lot more now lol

for me with a lrs, it calms down pretty quickly after I stop running.

I find that by going prone with my mosin and lrs it is almsost entirely negated. Maybe it's just trying to encourage people to fire from crouched/prone to be more accurate.

I like that you cant just easily run and attack imidiately but it should stop after you kneel or stop moving for a while

I have had no issues with my weapon sway.  Running now kills sway, you need to let yourself catch your breath for sure.  The PSO scope is fine for me crouching and holding my breath.  I dislike the PSO though because of its massive zoom.

This is definitely a bug that needs to be taken account as soon as possible.
I don't think there should be gun sway if you lay prone with a bipod deployed. (light sarcasm)