SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

Press G to throw grenade. Only it does not really throw as much as it sort of falls from your hand.. So you best run or you will die. 

Have you tried holding G instead of just pressing it? You should really be able to throw the grenades a few meters at least.

Have you tried holding G instead of just pressing it? You should really be able to throw the grenades a few meters at least.

Acolyte is the shotgun shooting a single pellet being addressed do you know?

Edited by Bororm

It has been addressed before, but I'll see if there's anything wrong still.

• Like 1

It has been addressed before, but I'll see if there's anything wrong still.

Hey Accolyte, are there works going on fixing the wall glitching (going inside the walls and looking thought them), or was it abandomed untill way later?

Hey Accolyte, are there works going on fixing the wall glitching (going inside the walls and looking thought them), or was it abandomed untill way later?

If you can tell me which building people glitch into and how (that's the important part) I'm fairly certain we can take care of it.

• Like 2

ur mistake was looting FOOD in a high risk area. Loot the important stuff in Balota and GTFO.

Also idiots who log on and off in millitary bases die sooner or later. He could have just as well spawned in front of you and u kill him.

u should be in and out of those tents in less than 15 seconds unless ur swapping out backpacks. Grab what u came for if it isnt there keep moving.

I was in there for 5 seconds...

If you can tell me which building people glitch into and how (that's the important part) I'm fairly certain we can take care of it.

The easiest way to do it:

You must have a weapon in your hands, go first person perspective, you stay with your back to the wall/building that you want to see/glitch throught, you lean backward (like if you would want to look up) and voila, head of your character goes inside//throught the wall and now while holding alt you can look around while seeing theought any wall/bulding.

• Like 1

I don't see the problem with that. On the very contrary you can use this glitch to spot campers and other glitchers. Just do that before entering buildings such as military offices and voilà. 

Edited by Karakoz

I don't see the problem with that. On the very contrary you can use this glitch to spot campers and other glitchers. Just do that before entering buildings such as military offices and voilà.

The problem is simple: why you should be in disadvantage playing the game as it should be played and not glitching before entering the building?

And what if you spot an honest player inside the building (and not a glitcher)...who is "cheating" now? What has been seen cannot be unseen, you know.

And in a game about survival, risk and strong emotions...isn't simply shitty knowing what's inside a building before even entering it?

Glitching through walls can be a big immersion breaker and for those who don't exploit these things a serious disadvantage...and you never know if you were killed because of bad luck, an own mistake or a glitcher, thus ruining the experience.

• Like 4

Any idea what's with that blue tinted chromatic abberration effect on items and the character in the inventory screen?

The problem is simple: why you should be in disadvantage playing the game as it should be played and not glitching before entering the building?

And what if you spot an honest player inside the building (and not a glitcher)...who is "cheating" now? What has been seen cannot be unseen, you know.

And in a game about survival, risk and strong emotions...isn't simply shitty knowing what's inside a building before even entering it?

Glitching through walls can be a big immersion breaker and for those who don't exploit these things a serious disadvantage...and you never know if you were killed because of bad luck, an own mistake or a glitcher, thus ruining the experience.

This is part of the game. If they are idiot enough not to use it, what can I do? Everyone can use it, it's quite simple.

Edited by Karakoz

Is every grenade supposed to explode?

I followed the steps mentioned above but after throwing my grenade did - nothing. Also wasn't able to find it again by doing the "inventory-strafe".

Edited by Agilov

I followed the steps mentioned above but after throwing my grenade did - nothing. Also wasn't able to find it again by doing the "inventory-strafe".

My first granade didyn't exploded too and I could not find him either. I suspect it could be becouse I activated it while I was already holding G.

My second granade exploded tho, with sound of explosion even. This time I activated it while holding it in hands, before even presing space bar.

Edited by Frosti

My first granade didyn't exploded too and I could not find him either. I suspect it could be becouse I activated it while I was already holding G.

My second granade exploded tho, with sound of explosion even. This time I activated it while holding it in hands, before even presing space bar.

I activated mine while it was in "fighting possition".

I acctivated mine in my inventory, i felt like a fucking jihad, tookout all of my bodyguards lol

• Like 4

I've just checked this out and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Damage seems what one would expect from a shotgun as well.

The easiest way to do it:

You must have a weapon in your hands, go first person perspective, you stay with your back to the wall/building that you want to see/glitch throught, you lean backward (like if you would want to look up) and voila, head of your character goes inside//throught the wall and now while holding alt you can look around while seeing theought any wall/bulding.

Ah, that's something completely different. I thought you were talking about players glitching their entire characters inside the building geometry. I can't really go into specifics on your problem, sorry.

Any idea what's with that blue tinted chromatic abberration effect on items and the character in the inventory screen?

Yes.

I can't say I ever used a grenade myself so far, but I would expect a ruined grenade not to explode.

• Like 2

I've just checked this out and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Damage seems what one would expect from a shotgun as well.

I picked a shotgun up yesterday evening (EU) on the experimental branch because I wanted to test it again and still experienced the same problem Bororm might be referring to:

The shotgun just shots one pellet instead of 9. The damage of that pellet seems to be normal (one hit to the head of a zed drops it dead, to the lower body doesn't), but it's just one and it is pretty useless considering what it should do shooting shells.

It has been like that for a while, afaik.

I can't say I ever used a grenade myself so far, but I would expect a ruined grenade not to explode.

Sorry - forgot to mention that it was in perfect condition.

But at any distance more than about 30yrds your not really gonna do much anyway unless using a slug!

Also spread is also affected by the choke on a shotgun, if you have a sawn off shotgun the spread is even worse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun

I know I own one!

• Like 1

I picked a shotgun up yesterday evening (EU) on the experimental branch because I wanted to test it again and still experienced the same problem Bororm might be referring to:

The shotgun just shots one pellet instead of 9. The damage of that pellet seems to be normal (one hit to the head of a zed drops it dead, to the lower body doesn't), but it's just one and it is pretty useless considering what it should do shooting shells.

It has been like that for a while, afaik.

Yes this is definitely what's happening , it's like you have a sporter equipped when you shoot the shotgun ; if you head shot your target they go down but if you shot them in the body with the shotgun all theydo is bleed , trust me I experienced it last night got killed by some punks tryin to take my house cuz the shotgun didnt do her job lol there's definitely something wrong with it , it no longer scares the masses :(.

So acolyte my question is have you tested shooting the body of people with a non-sawed off shotgun from regular range (like 8-10 ft) and also have you tried testing the spread by shooting in between two close together survivors ? I ask this only to confirm if it was very bad luck on my part or if the shotgun truly is "nerfed" as it very much seems that way to a lot of izh lovers.

So acolyte my question is have you tested shooting the body of people with a non-sawed off shotgun from regular range (like 8-10 ft) and also have you tried testing the spread by shooting in between two close together survivors ? I ask this only to confirm if it was very bad luck on my part or if the shotgun truly is "nerfed" as it very much seems that way to a lot of izh lovers.

Like I said. The damage seems to be what one would expect from a shotgun. We're thorough, we test a lot of different scenarios. They all checked out.

• Like 1