SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

I see a lot of complaining about the lack of AKMs and other weapons spawning, I think this is good for a change.  The only unfortunate part about less guns is it'll make it tougher for the people who actually loot in high pop servers compared to the children who server hop and get fully geared before they enter a man's server.

• Like 5

Yes, and it would not upgrade.

I made a basic fireplace with sticks and rags on a *castle floor.

I have also cooked beanz & spaghetti in the past by adding to the fireplace slots, now unable to do so.

This may be because I tried inside a building (castle), so can others try in the forest and see if there is a problem or not and then make a Bug Report if required.

Thanks.

*I was trying to see if the drying process worked (condition soaked).

*SUPPOSEDLY* fireplaces are upgraded after adding in a certain amount of stones, they just have not added in the model for the "Tier 2 Firekit".  I saw a video on YouTube explaining it, although the person could be wrong.

I see a lot of complaining about the lack of AKMs and other weapons spawning, I think this is good for a change.  The only unfortunate part about less guns is it'll make it tougher for the people who actually loot in high pop servers compared to the children who server hop and get fully geared before they enter a man's server.

Then it means that DayZ has other problem, server hopping.

If you travel from east to west and managed to survive, you should be rewarded with AKM rifle from a military place. Ok, I understand low probability, meaning if you don't find in Balota, go to Vybor or NWAF, but the way it is right now is ridiculous... Beside this I stated another thing, that this was not the moment for game balancing... Or if it is done, then it should be done for whole items. Anyway, it's just me with this opinion.

*SUPPOSEDLY* fireplaces are upgraded after adding in a certain amount of stones, they just have not added in the model for the "Tier 2 Firekit".  I saw a video on YouTube explaining it, although the person could be wrong.

so if the model isnt added it wouldnt really be upgradable would it ?

I think we should spawn with a gun, a backpack and there should be health packs we can "run" over to get full blood.

This, i also miss a minigun in this game. You know, every good FPS should have a minigun.

Its funny, because you know they make something "rare" and then while Im crossing the entire map of Chernarus on a 20 man exp. server the only buildings I find looted are military/police station/piano house.

Every town showed signs of server hopping or blatant disregard for other loot locations. Most of the people on that server appeared to be on the AKM/Grenade hunt. 

I dont think that was what they had in mind as the outcome when they made items "rare".

I think we should spawn with a gun, a backpack and there should be health packs we can "run" over to get full blood.

You sir - are in luck!  That game already exists - its called CoD, BF3/4.  DayZ is meant to be more of a true survival game with minimal spoon feeding.

• Like 2

You sir - are in luck!  That game already exists - its called CoD, BF3/4.  DayZ is meant to be more of a true survival game with minimal spoon feeding.

Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-mis

• Like 7

this was supposed to make it easier for players to find but nvm

Edited by basinox

so if the model isnt added it wouldnt really be upgradable would it ?

Something is broken, I added logs but the stone would not go at all.

I checking nearly every airstrips and police stations since 6 hours theres no ak even I try all exp. servers. This is shit if everyone cant use that gun why you putting in this game. Its mean you putting that gun for fuckıng sick peoples who spending all whole 24 hours for game. This is fuckıng stupidity man!!! I cant spend my whole day for that. Its not just rare its extremely fuckıng rare. Also since that patch came I could not even get one m4 at least make m4 alittle bit fuckıng common. All fuckıng police stations and airstrips filled with fuckıng sks. > :( By the way I looking under every bed dont say that Im not search properly.

Get used to it.

This is the way dayz is supposed to be.

• Like 3

I have a feeling that there will be much sackcloth wearing, wailing and gnashing of teeth over NEAF when this hits stable.  The bandits will be apoplectic.  Good.

• Like 2

On the Yellow Protector cases...can you still put medkits, Ammo boxes and clips in them?

Yes you can

I checking nearly every airstrips and police stations since 6 hours theres no ak even I try all exp. servers. This is shit if everyone cant use that gun why you putting in this game. Its mean you putting that gun for fuckıng sick peoples who spending all whole 24 hours for game. This is fuckıng stupidity man!!! I cant spend my whole day for that. Its not just rare its extremely fuckıng rare. Also since that patch came I could not even get one m4 at least make m4 alittle bit fuckıng common. All fuckıng police stations and airstrips filled with fuckıng sks. > :( By the way I looking under every bed dont say that Im not search properly.

I fucking think you need to fucking put some more fucking fucks in your fucking text because now I can't fucking understand what the fuck your fucking complaint is fucking all about, fucker.

• Like 8

Get used to it.

This is the way dayz is supposed to be.

^^ This.. those weapons are supposed to be rare and hard to find. That Makes finding one all that much rewarding. I hope they stay hard to find as they are now. Don't see a point in everyone running around with the best "endgame" weapons everywhere..

• Like 5

^^ This.. those weapons are supposed to be rare and hard to find. That Makes finding one all that much rewarding. I hope they stay hard to find as they are now. Don't see a point in everyone running around with the best "endgame" weapons everywhere..

its great how rare the m4 and the akm are right now. more animals and less canned food and we are on our way to a great survival game.

as postet this is not "such"  a game where u can jump in for 10 minutes and play one round and still get the endgame content.

this game roxx :)

Edit: and stop "f***ing" serverjumping.. thats lame...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 5

Then it means that DayZ has other problem, server hopping.

If you travel from east to west and managed to survive, you should be rewarded with AKM rifle from a military place. Ok, I understand low probability, meaning if you don't find in Balota, go to Vybor or NWAF, but the way it is right now is ridiculous... Beside this I stated another thing, that this was not the moment for game balancing... Or if it is done, then it should be done for whole items. Anyway, it's just me with this opinion.

You are so wrong. If you don't find one, you don't find one. This is not a "I travel for so long now - time for a reward" or "I have only 2 hours per day - I want everything right off the start" game.

I think you won't play the game anymore once it is fully release and it's even "more" rare. Stop complaining about AKMs. Most people won't be able to maintain a car. Then you will start saying "I travel from east to west - time for my car as a reward"

Edited by RoterBallon
  • Like 4

I have a feeling that the rarity of the AKM can be tied to the fact that it appears wood floored tents are not spawning anything ATM.  Crash sites still appear to be spawning so M4's will be findable.  I have found 3 AKM mags but, alas, no AKM as of yet.  Then again, I haven't hit all the military sites yet rither.  I did find a crash site smack in the middle of NWAF, it had been looted though.

Theres a bug with the mosin, it gives you the option to load a single round if you have ammo in your inventory (top layer) even if you have a 5 bullets in it. Its the scroll wheel reload so it can happen when you are trying to open a door. You can also lose the ammo that you had in your gun if you dont have space for it in inventory (same as losing magazine when reload without space).

You should have put em on your body.

I am already wearing one in those pics those were extra's i found, im guessing there 5 types one for each season + normal

Some rifles seem to wiggle on your back while you run (mosin + sks), and possibly clip into your butt in different poses (like prone).

• Like 1

Some rifles seem to wiggle on your back while you run (mosin + sks), and possibly clip into your butt in different poses (like prone).

I thought it was a feature, looks cool while you run.

Not noticed butt clipping tho as I always prone with a gun in hands.