kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I highly doubt that the new weapon sway is intentional, there is no way. The sway is too sporadic. Even if you have been laying prone for over 5 minutes with a deployed bipod, it is still near impossible to take an accurate shot. Prone w/ weapon Bipod should have very minimal sway if any.

• Like 1

Not sure if serious....  :huh:

Do you mean you pants suddenly become ruined? I've had that happen, but its generally after fighting zombies, so I just assume that zombies caused the damage.

100% serious. Sometimes pants just become ruined for no reason. You're just looking at them in the inventory and BAM they become ruined, breaking everything inside, and if you're really unlucky, your legs go with them.

It has nothing to do with being attacked.

For me, I was running on top of a police station and all of a sudden my character just lay down and I got the broken legs message, when I looked in my inventory my legs were broken. I was the only one on the server so no one shot me, and there were no zombies around.

The pants just exploded.

Another victim falls prey to the deadliest killer in all of DayZ. Spontaneous trouser combustion. Or STC as the kids call it. Damn kids, get off of my lawn!

I can't even count how many times my pants have just exploded all of a sudden. It's a serious issue. Any word on when this might be fixed?

Not had this or seen it but possibly a degrading code error.

Please check for or make a Bug Report giving a full description.

Thanks.

everytime i log in somethings missing out of my hunting backpack. Its been happening since this patch. Straight after the patch dropped my yellow box was missing, that just had two sticks and a head torch. Last night logged in and my green ammo box was gone out of the backpack. That had 3 x 60 stacks of 5.56, and 2 x 40 of .45 i think.... I dunno if that was deleted because the 56 was in 60 stacks, but anyway, just noting it. I've also previously lost things whenever carrying a sawn off in my backpack, although i haven't been doing that with these losses. Its a bit annoying.

100% serious. Sometimes pants just become ruined for no reason. You're just looking at them in the inventory and BAM they become ruined, breaking everything inside, and if you're really unlucky, your legs go with them.

It has nothing to do with being attacked.

For me, I was running on top of a police station and all of a sudden my character just lay down and I got the broken legs message, when I looked in my inventory my legs were broken. I was the only one on the server so no one shot me, and there were no zombies around.

The pants just exploded.

thats when the game thinks you have fallen off something happened to me on a roof but i did die.

I am one of those people who found 2 AKM's. I found them within a couple hours the day after the patch. Then, the day before yesterday I was killed, and I found another AKM within 2 hours. They're definitely there, you're obviously not having much luck though. I play on non-official servers I am familiar with, maybe thats why im getting lucky finding them.

Couldnt disagree more about the SKS thing. I had the SKS as my secondary rifle most of yesterday and it seemed fine to me. I dont know what you mean by "the pointing is very strange" but maybe some elaboration would help us understand.

Don't cry over spilled milk lost magnums. Seriously though, handguns are so abundant, you can find one very quickly.

About magnum I was just saying, how item can disappear. I see many times items re-arranged.

Sometimes, SKS when is raised but not looking through iron sight is pointing far left of the white center dot. And is shooting in that direction. There is a huge difference between center dot and the bullet hit, like 30 degrees. Also when looking down with SKS raised is again pointing too far to the left.

I'am new to this forums, and have not had the time to read through the entire forums yet.

Neither the entire thread of ~26 pages to find my question.

But I just bought the game, and I do get sunflares through walls, (inside houses), through mountains and everything. Is this a local bug for me or is it just something the dev's have not yet fixed?

If there is an other thread regarding this issue please say, and I'll find my way there and read up to the matter :)

Great job so far, just bought the game but I feel it's much more stable on my computer than Arma2 OA + DayzMod. So I am happy. Have not found any bugs of great matter yet, except for the kind of low zombie spawnrate in smaller villages and outposts. Finding 2 zombies in a forest village of 20 houses kinda makes the game easy to survive :) But it's maybe to minimize the pressure on the game in early beta?

//Dement

Edited by Demeent

But I just bought the game, and I do get sunflares through walls, (inside houses), through mountains and everything. Is this a local bug for me or is it just something the dev's have not yet fixed?

Turn AA on: fixed. Had the same problem.  B)

Wow, the campfires are amazing! :)

Some people may not particularly be amused by them, but people who don't play DayZ seem to be mesmerized by them. I was playing with my buddy the other day and his girlfriend, who regularly stops and watches us play, just sat and stared at it for a while and kept telling us how cool it was.

Prone w/ weapon Bipod should have very minimal sway if any.

I did some sniping of zombies from the balota overwatch apartment buildings. It seems that the bipod  had no effect whatosever on my PSO scoped AKM. Can anyone else confirm that? I was laying there for several minutes, zoomed in, then deployed bipod and zoomed again. No change in stability/accuracy from what I could tell.

Edited by blaeZ

Some people may not particularly be amused by them, but people who don't play DayZ seem to be mesmerized by them. I was playing with my buddy the other day and his girlfriend, who regularly stops and watches us play, just sat and stared at it for a while and kept telling us how cool it was.

We sat for like 15 minutes around our campfire, leaving to shoot a cow, and then come back to eat the meat. It's fun. :D

I did some sniping of zombies from the balota overwatch apartment buildings. It seems that the bipod  had no effect whatosever on my PSO scoped AKM. Can anyone else confirm that? I was laying there for several minutes, zoomed in, then deployed bipod and zoomed again. No change in stability/accuracy from what I could tell.

Yep. Bipod has no effect on AKM, thats why I am not using it.

Another victim falls prey to the deadliest killer in all of DayZ. Spontaneous trouser combustion. Or STC as the kids call it. Damn kids, get off of my lawn!

I can't even count how many times my pants have just exploded all of a sudden. It's a serious issue. Any word on when this might be fixed?

simmilar to an old ticket i opend

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8044

Are the binoculars gone from the game ? The vanished from my gear after the patch and I have not seen a single one in game ever since. 

Anyone else have the issue of fish fillets having a -% associated with them?   I try to cook it and eat it or just eat it raw but it just tells me that nothing is left.  Ive caught about 6 fish and all have the same issues.  I want to eat fish!  lol, any help would be nice.

hi guys,

don't know if it's already known, if someone care about crash sites can also spawn at the north west airfiield.

2014-06-27_000059njgj.jpg

Anyone else have the issue of fish fillets having a -% associated with them?   I try to cook it and eat it or just eat it raw but it just tells me that nothing is left.  Ive caught about 6 fish and all have the same issues.  I want to eat fish!  lol, any help would be nice.

and my green ammo box was gone out of the backpack. That had 3 x 60 stacks of 5.56, and 2 x 40 of .45 i think....

make nothing ^^ carry  ammo higher than 30 rounds per slot from the 44 patch time is useless  - you cant reload them or split. when you reload or split  the ammo is no longer ^^ magic   :)

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 1

Well mister 19K,   This 1812 (Marine M1A1 Tanker) used to get the same damn thing with hog and deer meat but it cleared itself up. Its a glitch in the system and will probably work itself out I don't think there is anything a player can do to cause or fix it.  Black Lake can get crowded so if you fish there watch your 6 I've been in two gunfights with KoS jerks there for trying to fish. I wish I could set up a 'Carp' line and overwatch my lines away from the waters edge.    

Note: How has it been since they moved Tanks to Ft Benning?  Ever fish at 'Lower Douglas Lake' at Ft Knox?  

• Like 1

Is anyone else noticing that the Gorka pants have a distinctly eerie shiny 'glow' to them? I know that Gorka suits are mostly synthetic/canvas, but it feels like the texture needs to be a lot flatter and more matte. In my game at least it's reflecting WAY too much ambient light, which makes them seem to glow a little and makes them far more obvious than the matte texture TTSKO or hunting pants.

So a little AKM update:

I've played every day since the patch came out, 2 to 3 hours each session. I've found AKM's to be as rare as M4's before the patch - but not as rare as not finding one in every session.

Already gave away 3 of them to frustrated players coming from the NW airfield, complaining about not finding one. I really don't know if it's just luck or people not searching properly...

Sway issues: Yep, it's a bug. Try the following: Get a M4 with ACOG, lower your FOV to the very minimum, and aim. Hold your breath - and it's dead on. Absolutely stable, sways only a few millimeters.

Get a Mosin-Nagant, put a PU scope on it - sways like a Jenga tower in an earthquake. Even worse with a LRS. The sway is catastrophic (and realistic) when you ran some distance prior to aiming, but even in a rested state it's far to shaky. The AKM is the worst of them all. While looking badass, it sways like you're sitting in a rocking chair. Put the appropriate scope on it, and you are as deadly as a guinea pig throwing cotton balls. Close quarter combat (< 50m) is barely okay, but hitting targets over a 100 meters away is pure luck.

The AKM is supposed to have an effective range of 400 meters standard; with a scope it should be up to 1000 meters. Right now it's 50 meters, with the scope being useless apart from posing as the poor mans binoculars. While an AKM is in no way an accurate gun compared to the other available options in this game, 1 out of 3 bullets should hit a target at 200 meters, causing almost immediate unconsciousness from shock. Right now it causes laughter and the death of its user.

Edit / PS: In experimental the AKM was awesome - the sway bug is present in stable branch only.

Edited by Husti
  • Like 7

So a little AKM update:

I've played every day since the patch came out, 2 to 3 hours each session. I've found AKM's to be as rare as M4's before the patch - but not as rare as not finding one in every session.

Already gave away 3 of them to frustrated players coming from the NW airfield, complaining about not finding one. I really don't know if it's just luck or people not searching properly...

Sway issues: Yep, it's a bug. Try the following: Get a M4 with ACOG, lower your FOV to the very minimum, and aim. Hold your breath - and it's dead on. Absolutely stable, sways only a few millimeters.

Get a Mosin-Nagant, put a PU scope on it - sways like a Jenga tower in an earthquake. Even worse with a LRS. The sway is catastrophic (and realistic) when you ran some distance prior to aiming, but even in a rested state it's far to shaky. The AKM is the worst of them all. While looking badass, it sways like you're sitting in a rocking chair. Put the appropriate scope on it, and you are as deadly as a guinea pig throwing cotton balls. Close quarter combat (< 50m) is barely okay, but hitting targets over a 100 meters away is pure luck.

The AKM is supposed to have an effective range of 400 meters standard; with a scope it should be up to 1000 meters. Right now it's 50 meters, with the scope being useless apart from posing as the poor mans binoculars. While an AKM is in no way an accurate gun compared to the other available options in this game, 1 out of 3 bullets should hit a target at 200 meters, causing almost immediate unconsciousness from shock. Right now it causes laughter and the death of its user.

Edit / PS: In experimental the AKM was awesome - the sway bug is present in stable branch only.

The excellent analogies alone are worth my beans.

The AKM is supposed to have an effective range of 400 meters standard; with a scope it should be up to 1000 meters. Right now it's 50 meters, with the scope being useless apart from posing as the poor mans binoculars. While an AKM is in no way an accurate gun compared to the other available options in this game, 1 out of 3 bullets should hit a target at 200 meters, causing almost immediate unconsciousness from shock.

Isn't it amazing that the AKM  in the game could be effective at 1000 meters when in real life 450meters is a stretch? (I don't think the builders made it that way) At 1000 meters the 7.62 x 39: is lumbering along at a scant 815 feet per second and packing a pathetic 181 foot pounds of energy (a bit more than a .22 LR). But the killer is that the flat or sometimes conical base 123gr AK bullet has an asthmatic Ballistic Coefficient of .266  and goes subsonic at about 500 meters and starts to wobble and disperse radically. And assuming a 300 meter Zero will have dropped 65 feet below the line of sight at 1000meters. The standard AK/AKM accuracy is a 6inch group at 100 meters, extend that to its Transonic range of 500 meters and you have at best a 30in group. At a thousand meters its dispersion is a monumental 70in at the very minimum. but you would have to add just under 22mils of elevation to put that strike zone in coincidence with the target.   

But in any case Husti thanks for the great and informative post sir.....you have my beans.

I searched for quite awhile to get an AKM and I traded away my M4 to get other gear when I did. I was so dissatisfied with that piece of junk (I know its just buggy right now) that I picked up an SKS and dumped the AKM and went on a quest to get another M4A1 and after many hours found three crashed helicopters and recovered an M4A1 an ACOG and three 40round mags three 30rnd mags and one 60 round coupled mag. I am back to where I started with an M4A1 and 270 rounds of ammo. Yes ammo resupply will be a bitch but I'll accept that fact.

And Husti if you have data on the longhorn please post and review its capabilities for us....thanks. 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who loves the AKM? I only have two griefs with it;

1. The PSO-1 Scope needs some work to get rid of that big square outline or whatever that is, and I'd love to see some more close range optics such as an RDS.

2. No single shot option. I'm the kind of player who very rarely uses anything besides single shot, unless I'm clearing a house or another small area in CQB, It's always single shot fire.

Since having the AKM I've dropped more people than the M4.

• Like 2