11tw

Children

I would like to see the option to play as a child in DayZ... it would be an advanced challenge for experienced players, as children are more vulnerable to blood loss. However, children need less calories per day to survive, and so that could be an advantage, along with some other bonuses (maybe better climbing skills if that is ever introduced?).

On top of this, child zombies would make for a dark twist...

I would like to see the option to play as a child in DayZ... it would be an advanced challenge for experienced players, as children are more vulnerable to blood loss. However, children need less calories per day to survive, and so that could be an advantage, along with some other bonuses (maybe better climbing skills if that is ever introduced?).

On top of this, child zombies would make for a dark twist...

AFAIK, putting children into any shooting genre is very much frowned upon. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

There are too many children in this game as it is...I'd vote for less children in this game.

• Like 4

Would certainly add another angle to the game. Imagine having to put down a kid that was coming at you with a fire axe...

Also this would probably create a media shit storm. But hey, any press is good press!

Blunce is right though, it would never happen.

People would just use this to troll (It feels like) but it would be great for a serious player. Maybe this belongs on the RP servers to come, or as a moddable thing when modding gets supported.

EDIT: Child zombies would be a good edition though.

Got me thinking about that opening scence from The Walking Dead where Rick had to put down that little girl walking-dead_0.jpg

Edited by Survivor_Ted

"children" as in under teenage? and exactly how are little kids better climbers then adults who actually have experience with it?

"children" as in under teenage? and exactly how are little kids better climbers then adults who actually have experience with it?

seriously, as a kid i was an extremely nimble climber... young children can be very good at scaling things, especially if they are very light.

seriously, as a kid i was an extremely nimble climber... young children can be very good at scaling things, especially if they are very light.

Same here man! I try and do that shit now... well, I just end up getting hurt. Huh, I guess drinking really is bad for you  :lol:

• Like 1

Adding kids into this game would be pretty much the end of it. I mean do you people spend even 5 minutes on thinking before you post ? Putting kids in a game where guns are needed to survive can only end badly. 

• Like 2

Adding kids into this game would be pretty much the end of it. I mean do you people spend even 5 minutes on thinking before you post ? Putting kids in a game where guns are needed to survive can only end badly. 

Im with you on this.

+ it would be banned in half the world, because it encourages to kill children.

• Like 1

Also this would probably create a media shit storm. But hey, any press is good press!

I don't know who came up with that statement but that person was a moron or one of the so called celebrities that promote themselves with unending scandals. There is a bad press and that kind of bad press would shut this game and the studio down faster than you can spell "shit storm".

Edited by General Zod

I don't know who came up with that statement but that person was a moron or one of the so called celebrities that promote themselves with unending scandals. There is a bad press and that kind of bad press would shut this game and the studio down faster than you can spell "shit storm".

Publicity is publicity. Look at GTA, the airport murderspree scene in COD, the Islamic protests at the British Army homecoming parade. It may be bad press but it certainly brings it into the spotlight.

But yeah, I think we can all agree that dead kids would be a surefire way of getting shut down.

Edited by HeySon

I understand that people are offended by the idea of killing children... obviously I don't want the game to get 'banned' or anything. However children are just a huge part of life, and the fact that they are missing from many games if kind of jarring. I remember freaking out when I realized that there were no children in Oblivion...

For the sake of realism and immersion, I would argue that including children would be a good idea, but I understand why the downsides might outweigh this in a game where you can kill anyone.

Just thought it would be cool to play as Clementine...

Well there is a lot of things things that should be added for the sake of realism such as rape, torture, etc. and they never will be added. 

I can out climb any kid, i have exp doing so, they dont 8P and no I dont mean jungle gyms

Edited by tiadashi

Well there is a lot of things things that should be added for the sake of realism such as rape, torture, etc. and they never will be added. 

this is definitely fair... I would say that anything that isn't relevant to survival, such as sadism, shouldn't be included.

As a compromise, would teenagers be a good idea? Thinking 14 and up.

maybe like 16 years old.

no 10 year old could use or even hold a m4 in his hands. (except for some creepy american kids, yay, clishe :D )

but i am not sure if i like the idea...

i wont be pissed if it gets added, but neither when it doesnt get added

Hello there

This AFAIK is very unlikely, in fact this isnt the first time this has cropped up.

IMHO I wouldnt care if all ages and sizes and shapes were in game. I know the difference between digital and reality.

It would be great if you had to play your real age, but I doubt thats gonna happen.

So IMHO nope.

Rgds

LoK

It would be great if you had to play your real age, but I doubt thats gonna happen.

and what if my 80 year old grandpa wants to play this game ? will he be forced to use a walking frame ? :D

Whether you care for the controversy or not, I'm sure you could already see the headlines on the news:
"Child Murder Simulator Hits PC"

Or some over-exaggerated headline like that, while controversy can get a game out there, much like GTA, even if they added children into the game it would bring some really bad controversy to the game.

Use your heads before suggesting.

If devs implemented whatever came from the top of your heads,

the final game form would be something like this.....

Children throwning scat to each other and eating each other corpses.

This isn't the Walking Dead,but even if it was,a child with no adult supervision has nearly 0 chances of survival

alone in a zombie infested world.