rotteck

Patch tomorrow ?

i think the 4.8 mb patch from a few days ago was just made because it would help to fix the rubberbanding (somebody important, whose name i cant remember right now said that). maybe the rubberbaning issue is already/close to being fixed ? :D

lol, you got trolled it was a security patch.

i was playing for like 2 hours with 4 other guys in svetlo, testing new stuff like campfires, fishing, etc, but there was no restart/session-lost/item-respawn

maybe it is a server adjustable thing ? like you can say, loot will respawn every X minutes ?

i was playing for like 2 hours with 4 other guys in svetlo, testing new stuff like campfires, fishing, etc, but there was no restart/session-lost/item-respawn

maybe it is a server adjustable thing ? like you can say, loot will respawn every X minutes ?

Really? Which servers (in general) are you playing on. I am using UK Hardcore experimental ones and I am lucky if I last more than 20 minutes without the session being lost.

hi guys,

i think the patch was supposed to get out last wednesday, but the devs didnt do that, because of the massive rubberbanding that everyone (except me  ? lol :D ) is experiencing.

now do you think experimental will become stable tomorrow on wednesday ?

i dont really know but i hope so

if not, well, i guess we have to wait more.

but if im right, Q2 of this year Ends in 4 weeks, so we can expect the patch to be out at least at the end of june :)

(and after that comes Q3 with vehicles and barricades&stuff :D )

tell me what you think/hope :)

rotteck

edit: oh, and by the way, does anyone know if the first item-respawn system and/or random doors are already in experimental ?

Vehicles will most likely be pushed to Q4. Also, I am positive there won't be a patch tomorrow. You have to remember wednesdays are mainly just for maintenance.

Yeah, I'm hoping the loot respawn will take care of that balance.

How does loot respawn make it more "survival" like? While, I know it's good, it does not make it more challenging. 

The rubber banding is not fixed. As I said in a previous post it does feel like it's been lessened but it's definitely not been fixed on the experimental branch as I write this.

Back onto the topic of the Session Lost and the game crashing, the more it happens the more I think it's related to loot respawn. Every time I rejoin after being "kicked" the loot is back and what has appeared is not necessarily the same stuff as before. For example I've gone to an untouched police station - no really they exist! - and just as I was about to pick up some loot I've lost the session. Upon rejoining the loot I was about to pick up is gone, although it tends to be replaced by other loot albeit perhaps in a slightly different position. The problem though seems to be that if you drop something (say a rifle for sake keeping) pop off to do a task and are on the way back to pick up your stashed gear and you lose your session, on rejoin your stashed gear is gone.

So I am still none the wiser whether the session lost is just the servers restarting, and it has to be a bug if they are as it's an almost constant thing (5 mins, 10 mins, 20 mins, any random timespan between them), or if it's the respawning of loot the devs are working on.

They are working on a fix though for the rubberbanding. 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Vehicles will most likely be pushed to Q4. Also, I am positive there won't be a patch tomorrow. You have to remember wednesdays are mainly just for maintenance.

How does loot respawn make it more "survival" like? While, I know it's good, it does not make it more challenging. 

They are working on a fix though for the rubberbanding. 

What the hell is up with your avatar? Its like your staring into ppls souls wanting to devour there face like Hannibal. XD

What the hell is up with your avatar? Its like your staring into ppls souls wanting to devour there face like Hannibal. XD

xD It's Neferpitou from Hunter x Hunter. Very evil yet very human chimera ant creature.

We won't see .45 patch until rubber banding is sorted. They're rewriting the system that's causing the issue, when it's done it's done.

So far there hasn't been any word on the rubber banding being fixed, so one would suspect .45 will not come this maintenance.

I think cars/vehicles will spice things up a bit.  Apart from the NW airfield, I never run into player inland.

Survival on its own isn't challenging if you're on a server that resets often.  It remains to be seen what loot respawning will do; if they stop restarting servers every hour then it could get interesting.  All this hunting stuff is great if you're into it, but I don't see it being required at all for survival.  Basically, once you've stuffed your gut after looting the nearest town, you just need a Pipsi every 20 minutes to stay in good shape

This is why there should only be offical servers. Restarting servers often is cheating. 

I don't get the point of experimental? Shouldn't experimental at least be the branch getting quicker itteration? I mean, internally they must be working on a newer build every day. I had always assumed that they split it into 2 branches, allowing the stable to be the default and the one where people would complain the most if it wasn't stable, but you would think with experimental they would open it up to daily itterations without fearing the backlash from unreasonable gamers.

Yeah seems they have hit a bit of an obstacle of late but still hoping for a increase in content over the next few months by then the extra folks working on dayz should have some time to make a real difference .

It makes survival more difficult because right now the solution to no respawning is to reset the servers fairly often.  The super-short restart times mean way too much food/drink.  Of course, I don't know if they're going to try to prevent server restarts when they implement loot respawning.

Currently restarting the server every 2hrs or less is not always because of Admins wanting to loot farm(there are some I know) but some do it because of poor server stability.

With the advent of 64bit servers I'm hoping for less restarts, maybe every 6 to 8hrs or longer. I would at least think a stable 4hr period without a chance of server crashes is feasible.

What I really want is when the server restarts the time not to reset as well so we can get an actual day/night cycle, whether that be accelerated or not.

If they've fixed the rubberbanding on the internal version they will push it to exp today (IF). If that happens, and the rubberbanding is fixed and no other issues arise, we can probably expect patch to stable on friday. 

That seems to be the pattern (when everything goes to plan)

Really? Which servers (in general) are you playing on. I am using UK Hardcore experimental ones and I am lucky if I last more than 20 minutes without the session being lost.

sorry, but i cant remember. normally i just enter the first server that has a free slot.

Rubberbanding is pretty much fixed for me. I used to be stuck for 5 min, every 20 minutes. Now I have the occasional desync, where I  transport back into a house once, instead of incessantly for 5 mins. Sometimes I get the session lost thing, but that also seems to have diminished a bit

42 days since last stable update 

Yeah, not great. But when you look exactly, the statement is wrong. Fixed since the last update:

- You can now take weapons from others and use them

- I was not able to play on servers with more than 20 or 25 ppl, if more players were on a map, switching weapons was practically impossible for me. Yesterday it worked. Eating and other inventory things became impossibly lame. Sometimes I did not even get anything but the "Receiving" message. Yesterday it was still slow, but it worked.

EDIT: the second point with full servers was actually not a problem for others I play with, strange...

There were obviously changes on stable servers. That's just the two things that come to mind, there were probably more. Has anyone actually ever found a source where you can actually read about those "silent" updates? Yes there is the dev blog section here, but is there a changelog somewhere? It's stable updates after all...

I just hope the current rubberbanding is really 100% server - client collision thingy and not generall sync stuff. The general client sync things / netcode are one of my main worries for the long term.

I read about some 8mb update, did not see it myself. When was that and does anyone know what it was about?

Edited by bautschi

Rubberbanding is pretty much fixed for me.

I have been experience it like crazy, I just had a log out after spending 3 minutes trying to exit a building only to be rubber banded back inside.

I have been experience it like crazy, I just had a log out after spending 3 minutes trying to exit a building only to be rubber banded back inside.

That's exactly my experience for the past week or so. Until today. That patch they released really did it for me. On experimental btw. Hopefully the rubberbanding will be eradicated for everyone with the next patch 

And what the hell is the deal with my key binding being reset to god damn often on the experimentals servers?  I was just "timed out" and when I came back I had to re-accept the anti cheat software and then my bindings were all gone again.

And what the hell is the deal with my key binding being reset to god damn often on the experimentals servers?  I was just "timed out" and when I came back I had to re-accept the anti cheat software and then my bindings were all gone again.

Did you make the my docs/dayz folder or .cfg read only?

Edited by Infiltrator

Tomorrow is another DayZ.

Key binding problem is know, this also concerns controllers not being recognised.

Please wait....