Sign in to follow this  
dulix11

Russian dictionary?

Perhaps a Russian - English dictionary so when you are lost and don't know where you are, you can easily find where you are.

Or, better yet, have the Russian names on the map. The covers of the damn thing are in Russian, but the towns and cities are in English!

• Like 2

alot of online maps have the russian name under the english name, but it begins to become a hassle having to tab out of the game to check your position. i think that a dictionary would be really helpful if added. :thumbsup:

I just printed a 4 piece map when i started, worked really great for me

What would that change ?

New Church = ?
Old Church = ?
You would still be lost...
Hint

an ecclesiastical synod, council, or assembly of the Eastern Orthodox Church

You have the russian learning book and the russian cheat sheet in-game already, you just need to find them.

I always keep one of them on me when I find them, really useful!

I have both the existing books already (cheat sheet for alphabet and stuff and language book for general stuff) but a true dictionary with just tons of vocabulary would be nice to complement.

What about increasing your horizon and spend a few hours to be able to read Russian characters and learn to translate the few words (gostiniza - restaurant etc)?

Edited by RogueTrooper

What about increasing your horizon and spend a few hours to be able to read Russian characters and learn to translate the few words (gostiniza - restaurant etc)?

id rather not take the time to learn a new language for the sole purpose of a video game...

id rather not take the time to learn a new language for the sole purpose of a video game...

Who says that's the sole purpose?

请不要拍。我是一个农民。 
请不要拍。我知道那里的士兵被藏了起来。
I'm probably gonna use that first one more though...

Then make it an excuse. Any reason to learn a new language is good in my book.

I did not speak of learning a whole language. Only of learning a few CHARACTERS (letters). Some are like Latin, some are a bit different, some are completely new. How much effort can it be to learn 10 or 15 signs? Especially since Greek letters are also common in western society (phi from maths and all that).