Sign in to follow this  
sobieski12

Fishing Guide/Tutorial (Exp 0.45.12499 )

“Hello weary traveler! Are you friendly, oh you are, ok…Have to be careful around these parts. Wild bandits roam these coastlines.”

“Ah I see my fishing camp near the pond has caught your eye, I once worked at the fishery factory just south of Komarovo. Before the disease spread to Komoravo, rumors say the disease started from a place called “Zielona Góra” or that was the supposed rumor of the time... I only had hours to escape… but that is a story for another time… Allot was lost on that day”

“Come… come… sit by the fire, are you interested in knowing how to fish, here I’ll teach you”

* "I've got a written summary here, or if you wish this old iphone I have here has a fishing video I saved after the DayZ occurred."

* "Your choice in which you want to choose. The Iphone video is located at the bottom of the thread".

rc1YaCD.jpg

The tools required for fishing are

·         Ashwood stick

o   The ashwood stick can be found in industrial buildings and if you chop down ashwood trees you can obtain the stick aswell.

§  Here is a pic of the tree http://i.imgur.com/EtpA2iY.jpg?1 image provided by  Shy-lo|Gentlemanly surviving|

·         Farming Hoe or Shovel  -> Worms

o   Can be found in industrial buildings and farmer buildings

o   To farm worms you must go into an open field area, and toggle in 1st person view and aim at the ground, this should give you the option to dig for worms. But be careful survivor, if you try to dig in the forest the option to only search for kindling will appear.

·         Rope

o   Can be found in industrial buildings

·         Fishing Hook

o   Can be found in industrial, but be careful the company producing the hooks stopped production eight months before the DayZ, finding the fishing hook is rare.

==Crafting==

xDyw0or.jpg

Once you have all the materials together.

1st: Apply the rope to the ash-wood stick, be careful to not create a bow on accident. 

2nd: The fish hook will not attach to the fishing rod until you actually attach a worm to it.

3 rd: Once the worm / fishing hook are connected together , drag it to the fishing rod and your are ready to start fishing.

==Fishing==

RCQhcp4.jpg?1

The system is very random and it does require allot of patience. 

* Fishing only works in water areas of which the player can drink at, thus the massive south / east coastlines of chernarus atm do not work for fishing.

* To start fishing you must be in 1st person view camera,  scroll over the water and select start fishing

* An option called "Check the bait" will appear , select this option every 5 - 15 sec to check the status of the bait.

* Once the red font appears saying the fish had bitten the bait, "QUICKLY" scroll and select "pull out" option. 

* Do not move while fishing or the whole process will re-set.

== Fish Cooking==

qFyYA2S.jpg

* Can you cook the whole fish? No, atm.

* To cook the fish, you must use a knife to create a fish fillet. 

* But hold on, the type of knife heavily matters in this case, just like the hacksaw spills the most beans from a can, while the can openers always opens at 100%. A similar system is also in place for gutting animals 

Currents tests have show the machete to keep the least amount of edible fish.

* Machete stats = 5% to 60% food from a fish to a fish fillet 

* Kitchen knife = 70% to 85% food from a fish to a fish fillet 

Cooking seems to be bugged atm for the experimental, reason being that food quickly goes from raw to burned but there is a rare chance for the good to properly cook.!

Here is a list of pictures of which foods you can eat and not eat.

08Fjxp6.jpg

HdYhIjV.jpg

6jnYFAF.jpg

That is all the information I know my friend I hope this information can help you in the future. 

Ah yes, if you ever find batteries for that iphone here is the link to my fishing video.

Good luck out there survivor. 

If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them. 

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 27

EXCELLENT WORK. Thank you :)

Very well done topic on how to start fishing.

Can we actually use the fishing stick to beat the crap out of ppl and zeds if we have to? XD

Edited by Deathlove

Great thread man this just made my night. <3

giphy.gif

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 2

Beans not that you will need them with all the fish your catching. Well done entertaining and informative a rare duo specially here...

Is it not possible to add water to the pot or any of the vegetables to make soap or whatever maybe adding water will stop it burning, other wise what advantage does a pot have over a campfire.

Just a thought.

Oh and nice job :beans:

Edited by Furyk

Is it not possible to add water to the pot or any of the vegetables maybe adding water will stop it burning, other wise what advantage does a pot have over a campfire

It should to be honest. When i cook chicken on the stove with a pan i put water in it all the time to make sure the chicken doesn't burn before its fully cooked.

It should to be honest. When i cook chicken on the stove with a pan i put water in it all the time to make sure the chicken doesn't burn before its fully cooked.

Yup plus you can boil fish ;)

Beans for you! I already crafted the rod but couldn't attach the hook, so I gave up. Now I'll give it a whirl

Nice guide. Managed to get on ex once so far, but got booted before trying this. Thanks for putting it together.

Very well done topic on how to start fishing.

Can we actually use the fishing stick to beat the crap out of ppl and zeds if we have to? XD

I can't believe I didn't think about hitting a zombie, going to test it right now.

* brb lol

Just finished testing, it works just like the old ash-wood stick. 

* If only you can cast and catch players with the fishing hook... lol

Is it not possible to add water to the pot or any of the vegetables to make soap or whatever maybe adding water will stop it burning, other wise what advantage does a pot have over a campfire.

Just a thought.

Sadly I've gotten no option atm to add water to the pot, I've tried to drag the water bottle / canteen the pot, nothing.

* I've tried to carry the pot into the water, still nothing.

Edited by Sobieski12

I can't believe I didn't think about hitting a zombie, going to test it right now.

* brb lol

Just finished testing, it works just like the old ash-wood stick. 

* If only you can cast and catch players with the fishing hook... lol

Sweet! So functional and lethal at the same time! XD

The system is very random and it does require allot of patience. 

* Fishing only works in water areas of which the player can drink at, thus the massive south / east coastlines of chernarus atm do not work for fishing.

* To start fishing you must be in 1st person view camera,  scroll over the water and select start fishing

* An option called "Check the bait" will appear , select this option every 5 - 15 sec to check the status of the bait.

* Once the red font appears saying the fish had bitten the bait, "QUICKLY" scroll and select "pull out" option. 

* Do not move while fishing or the whole process will re-set.

Thank you so much. I've had the fish bite the bait but didn't know what to do next, your post helped me solve the riddle. Thanks again!

Needs butter and lemon.

2_whiting_lemon_butter_sauce.jpg

Just a thought.

Atm , it's not possible to add water to the pot.

• Like 1

Atm , it's not possible to add water to the pot.

Thanks for testing :thumbsup:

Nice tutorial :thumbsup: :beans:

Has anyone any tips on the best area for finding that damn tree? I know what it looks like, but either I'm completely blind overall or it's a rare thing across the map. I've had trouble finding ashwood sticks for weeks, so figured chopping down the tree would finally sort me out. Now the tree is as elusive as the sticks for me. Boo.

Has anyone any tips on the best area for finding that damn tree? I know what it looks like, but either I'm completely blind overall or it's a rare thing across the map. I've had trouble finding ashwood sticks for weeks, so figured chopping down the tree would finally sort me out. Now the tree is as elusive as the sticks for me. Boo.

The ashwood tree is commonly near swap areas on the map.

I've heard from many players that a massive number of trees are near the "Berezino" area...

• Like 1

The ashwood tree is commonly near swap areas on the map.

I've heard from many players that a massive number of trees are near the "Berezino" area...

Yea I thought they were probably more common over that way. Was going to head back over to there but luckily about an hour ago I found one between NWAF and Vybor so that keeps me happy. Now I have something to do with my three axes.

Yea I thought they were probably more common over that way. Was going to head back over to there but luckily about an hour ago I found one between NWAF and Vybor so that keeps me happy. Now I have something to do with my three axes.

Do fireaxes work on trees? better or worse than splittin' ax?