r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Not yet, for now i don't have time to do anything the 24th was picked because it was the best time for everyone we over shot that date due to waiting for permission to release. Now i'm stuck working we have the go ahead to release its just a case of sorting out the best date to do that. Bis/Matt don't work weekends my best time to do a release.

We will work something out.

• Like 5

That's the broken Arma beta 112555, not DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Once my server moved on to a newer Arma beta the exhaustion bug was gone.

I've tried 103718, 112555, and now I currently (or was) playing on 124879 and the bug was on all versions. The bug is still present on 124879 and always has been since 1.8.1. Is that your server in your signature? It's running 125402 which appears in the arma dayz mod client but I don't think any populated vanilla US servers are running that at the moment.

Edited by Borges

I've tried 103718, 112555, and now I currently (or was) playing on 124879 and the bug was on all versions. The bug is still present on 124879 and always has been since 1.8.1. Is that your server in your signature? It's running 125402 which appears in the arma dayz mod client but I don't think any populated vanilla US servers are running that at the moment.

We've fixed it in 1.8.2

Humanity gain has been fixed its back to 250 on a completed transfusion. (interrupted does not count)

Why was it moved back ? I thought it was nice at 25 , It should be very very hard to get a Hero Skin , Anyone can get it in 15 min now that it's back at 250.

Why was it moved back ? I thought it was nice at 25 , It should be very very hard to get a Hero Skin , Anyone can get it in 15 min now that it's back at 250.

As I said:

it's tedious to discuss it, as it's subject to change. We want to redo the system anyway.

We don't control when/how the mod is released. We had a date we past all the info to who needed it before that date and then had to wait.

It's out of our hands.

It was perfectly fine at 250. It still IS hard to get a hero skin. The hardest part about the hero skin is that one mistake can set you back a thousand or a couple thousand humanity, which is where the challenge in hero is. It rewards consistent humanity gain, and at 25 it is far too low.

Speaking of which, there should be a max limit of humanity. Maybe the range should be about -3000 to 8000?

I know many people who had the bandit skin from self defense(Myself included) and given up to regain humanity since they're so deep in the humanity hole.

I'd like to share a few suggestions for the future :)

• Make the surrender animation working and able to go through player's inventory once animation is used.
  • Gutting a cow/goat would produce wool/cow hide which could be used for crafting (Maybe an improvised tent, backpacks, so-forth)
  • Maybe an ability to shoot down birds and gutting them?
  • Replace raw bacon with raw pork. (More relevant than gutting a pig only for the bacon)
  • An ability to make a rain catcher with a crate and new trash loot item; trash bags. This could help with base building in the future.
Edited by TIC321

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

As I said:

it's tedious to discuss it, as it's subject to change. We want to redo the system anyway.

We will not be explaining how the new features work until they have been released. There are a few reasons why look over hundreds of other posts to find that out.

any news about 1.8.2 realise date?

becose im planing to move to steam patched servers

Thx.

The dayz patch has little to do with the steam patch just update.

The mod will be released when we get time to release.

The dayz patch has little to do with the steam patch just update.

The mod will be released when we get time to release.

Dayz mod in steam still using 112555?

If so kinda worried seeing this being spammed.

fe8e5d608c.png

Dayz mod in steam still using 112555?

If so kinda worried seeing this being spammed.

It'S out of our hands what Server-Admins chose to use. We opted for 11255 at the time of the release, because it was the newest available version.

Any server we're hosting is using more recent versions and we have actually been the only ones always being up2date with the ARMA 2 OA versions (most Server-Admins are still on either 1.62 or 1.63.112555) We are very well aware of the issues, don't worry.

It'S out of our hands what Server-Admins chose to use. We opted for 11255 at the time of the release, because it was the newest available version.

Any server we're hosting is using more recent versions and we have actually been the only ones always being up2date with the ARMA 2 OA versions (most Server-Admins are still on either 1.62 or 1.63.112555) We are very well aware of the issues, don't worry.

Ok cool. It's just because amazingly most people on my server join via steams dayz mod and not commander etc. (crazy I know)

• Like 1

Ok cool. It's just because amazingly most people on my server join via steams dayz mod and not commander etc. (crazy I know)

The Steam-Version has more versions than the 112555 version, though.

So I don't understand your post?

The Steam-Version has more versions than the 112555 version, though.

So I don't understand your post?

Learn something new every day didn't even know that :/

I just thought arma 2: Dayz Mod launched with 112555.

There is no truth to the rumor that canned goods have no effect on your hunger  and thirst. It is true however that it doesn't always work, logging to the lobby and back fixes this for me. For me the problem occurs the first time I log on (US 3480) and does not

reappear again during my play session.

thanks

Max

• Like 1

Ok so we have the all clear and we have the new person to publish for us. As long nothing else happens we should be looking within the next two weeks to release.

Just a quick update.

• Like 3

Ok so we have the all clear and we have the new person to publish for us. As long nothing else happens we should be looking within the next two weeks to release.

Just a quick update.

So does this mean we'll no longer expect any delays on mod updates?

Fantastic news!  I know this has been brought up and is no fault of the DayZ mod dev team, but is there anything that can be done between you guys, dot josh, and DayZ mod server admins to get everyone on the same page with the A2 patch?  Is there some angle that hasn't been looked at yet?  It's really sad to see server population dying off on so many servers due to the Game Spy SNAFU.   :(

Fantastic news!  I know this has been brought up and is no fault of the DayZ mod dev team, but is there anything that can be done between you guys, dot josh, and DayZ mod server admins to get everyone on the same page with the A2 patch?  Is there some angle that hasn't been looked at yet?  It's really sad to see server population dying off on so many servers due to the Game Spy SNAFU.   :(

Yes, there is something you can do. Use either Steam-Version of DayZ (won't produce any problems) - or use this:

http://dayzlauncher.com/

• Like 1

Yes, there is something you can do. Use either Steam-Version of DayZ (won't produce any problems) - or use this:

http://dayzlauncher.com/

Yup, I personally am already running the Steam version and have been directing as many people as possible to do the same (search for posts by BC_Hawke on reddit, I chime in whenever anyone asks why they can't connect to DayZ mod servers and direct them to your troubleshooting post).  I just wish there was some way to get dotjosh and server admins to update.  It's damn near impossible to squash the momentum that DZC has built up.  99% of the "how do I install DayZ mod?" posts on Reddit are still immediately met with "Get DZC and call it a day!".  :(  I'll drop it if you feel this doesn't contribute in any way.  I just wanted to keep the conversation going to brainstorm on a way to get people on the same page so they can move forward without the fear of losing their player base who doesn't know better.