Irish.

The Current State Of Development - DayZ - Understanding the Development Process

I have to disagree, it think it's refreshing that we get info unfiltered from the mouth of the man, himself. 

It is understandable you like having a direct connection with the designer of a game. It doesn't mean that it is what is best for the game or for paying customers.

He's also said over and over, he'd have to spend time briefing the community manager anyways and that he find it important to communicate with the community himself. I really don't want some kind of public relations liaison, when Rocket draws inspiration from us and we get great insight and access.

The community manager would get updates directly from the team in weekly meetings or from the project manager (if they have one...) He would give updates on a regular basis and keep the masses under control so the dev team could focus on their jobs.

There is, honestly, something wrong if the DayZ project lead is responsible for community communication. That is, typically, not his job and is a waste of resources. It would never fly at a major game developer because it would just slow down the pace of development too much. Think about it this way, would you rather have Rocket devoting 8 hours per week to community interaction or spending the same time on improving the game and development process?

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

That honor belongs to the one and only Fraggle.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/user/44910-fraggle/

..in this forum at least. ;)

Where the hell is Fraggle? 

I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since just before the release.

EDIT: Fraggle is gone dudes. Fraggle is gone.

Edited by Dr. Goner
  • Like 1

Fraggle? Dare I say he is under a ROCK? ..  ;)

• Like 1

..//.. what is best for the game or for paying customers.

..//..keep the masses under control

..//.. It would never fly at a major game developer

<<..it would never fly at a major game developer..

...what is best ..for paying customers...

.....keep the masses under control...>>

[sad to hear players say that, guess you've made your choice - OK, I'm out]

Edited by pilgrim

EDIT: Fraggle is gone dudes. Fraggle is gone.

All i can think of is this every time that name is mentioned..... XD

gallery_image-frock-imagetab-02-large-57

Edited by Deathlove

Fraggle-Rock-fraggle-rock-17471655-640-4

Dat link.. es broke. 

gallery_image-frock-imagetab-02-large-57

There we go.. lol

There we go.. lol

The other image still shows up for me still..... XD

• Like 1

Its almost time to do a part 2 of this :)

:thumbsup:  :beans: Nice to see some sane, intelligent material on the General for once.

Also- could the mods be a bit tighter? Pretty much EVERY thread has someone complaining about Alpha. And it's almost always out of nowhere, as if they just want more places to bitch and moan. I think it would do good if the mods hid some more complaint posts in the places they don't belong.

• Like 1

Its almost time to do a part 2 of this :)

i really think a part 2 would be cool.

wait till the release date is one year old if you think that would fit better (release of the alpha, pre-alpha, early-development-built or however is the politcal correct word for it. something was still released, right?).

maybe you can although point out how this development went along compared to your post in this year.

what was to be expected what might have been surprising or even what might have been unusual/disappointing.

seriously.

i am not able to asses the situation anymore by myself.

please shed some light into my darkness.

• Like 1

i really think a part 2 would be cool.

wait till the release date is one year old if you think that would fit better (release of the alpha, pre-alpha, early-development-built or however is the politcal correct word for it. something was still released, right?).

maybe you can although point out how this development went along compared to your post in this year.

what was to be expected what might have been surprising or even what might have been unusual/disappointing.

seriously.

i am not able to asses the situation anymore by myself.

please shed some light into my darkness.

I like your style. :) 

so what are your thoughts now a year later??

Its hard for me to say personally but i hope noticeable and hefty changes start popping up early this year.

• Like 1

What are yours ?

I'm interested to know what motivated your bumping this Topic.

• Like 1

This threads been around along time wow! Good job Irish! Why not bump it.

After playing DayZ off and on for a couple years now I now more then ever look at as alpha work in progress. Which has come along way. Playing it recently I see vast improvements, its running smoother, more items and mechanics ect ect. I really enjoy playing now more.

This is vary much an Alpha still. There is a process most def. I think one of the hardest things for games like these, is selling to players that probably don't fully understand what all that means. Its why the game costs 29 dollars not 60. 

After a while I realized that I don't really think large doses of Alpha DayZ SA is not always a good thing. You dont want to get burnt on a concept you really are interested that isn't even close to being finished. I find it much funner and enjoyable to come back play on patches that look interesting, then watch and wait. The game will still be on the steam list and better then when you left it. I find the process interesting to watch even during breaks, DayZ TV and seeing upcoming concepts. They will get it.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Its hard for me to say personally but i hope noticeable and hefty changes start popping up early this year.

me too,and it will,beta will come some time this year,hefty changes should come with it.

What are yours ?

I'm interested to know what motivated your bumping this Topic.

i was interested in hearing what his thoughts was now a year later. motivation? curiosity.

• Like 1

My thoughts are that this game gets better and better every time I play it.. I am currently smack dab in the middle of playing long sessions when I can, after a long hiatus, and I am loving the time Ive spent in dayz. 

• Like 1