jameslennoxhood

Vegetarian Survivors

Vegetarians Only Please  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How will you the post apocalyptic veggy choose to survive?

• I will starve to death for my vegetarian beliefs.
    • Ill do anything to survive and if that means murdering innocent animals for food then so be it.
    • I will do my best to stay vegetarian even if im hungry all the time, but if it comes to life or death i will eat meat to ensure my survival.

Well DayZ Standalone has sold well over 2 million copies and id imagine that quite of few of those copies will have been bought by vegetarians. With hunting coming out at the end of the month, i was wondering how these vegetarians would survive in this harsh environment. Will you do what it takes to survive by hunting and eating everything possible? Or will you still get by quite happily on beans and peaches everyday but risking starvation at every turn? Wouldn't killing animals for food not go against everything you have stood for your entire life? Perhaps you will only eat meat if you absolutely must to ensure your survival?

Thoughts my vegetarian friends?

James                 

• Like 1

Well in theory you can probably survive on eating berries alone in the current version... so yeah, someone can choose to be vegetarian in the game easily enough.

hrm maybe they will just wait for farming to be implemented then grow their own veggies - this of course just ignores all the fruits and veggies already available in the game.

At current state we are all vegeterians and everyone can survive with current options. So there is no actual "if". Hunting only bring meat to game, other options won't disappear.

Till fresh food isn't scarace and the nutrition values and food characteristics simulating reality, there isn't much question. You can go by eating milk powder or berries for 10 years no problem.

At current state we are all vegeterians and everyone can survive with current options. So there is no actual "if". Hunting only bring meat to game, other options won't disappear.

Till fresh food isn't scarace and the nutrition values and food characteristics simulating reality, there isn't much question. You can go by eating milk powder or berries for 10 years no problem.

good to know.... tactical bacon is not meat.  interesting.

• Like 2

im not a vegetarian, i love meat

this-lettuce-died.jpg

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 9

And the darwin award goes to: starving hardliner vegetarians after the apocalypse

• Like 7

so it is not ok for a veggie player to kill an animal or eat tactical bacon, but pumping coast spawns full of lead is?

interesting concepts...

• Like 7

so it is not ok for a veggie player to kill an animal or eat tactical bacon, but pumping coast spawns full of lead is?

interesting concepts...

As long as the veggie doesn't eat the fresh spawn and claims that he only killed the freshie in self defense then yeah its obviously perfectly OK!

good to know.... tactical bacon is not meat.  interesting.

Yes, I forgot about bacon. Now, if you just reminded me of that without making a witty comment as you, people, always do, I would actually try to go on with this discussion. But since you are just another narrow minded root-eater, I won't bother.

Now that is settled, food in game right now is still 99% veggy, 1% meat. So your comment doesn't actually change anything and your statement is pointless. even more that you ignored the really important part of my post to prove how right you are and how wrong I am.

Vegetarians will survive exactly how they have survived so far, that sums up your discussion.

Edited by SGT. Kalme
  • Like 1

But once hunting comes in all the other foods will become much rarer making it much harder for the vegetarian players!

But once hunting comes in all the other foods will become much rarer making it much harder for the vegetarian players!

Fresh food should be scarace in a wasteland. But firstly, I don't see how other foods will become more rare and secondly, I can't imagine if the game should now be made balanced for omnivores and vegetarians equally - this is no anti-discrimination simulator. People either adapt or die. Exactly how it should be in real world.

I have nothing against vegetarians, after all that is said. It is just how it is.

• Like 1

Vegetarians are all doing one mistake, they believe they are eating enough healthy stuff. 

A human must eat meat and fish at least once a week. When a vegetarian says "I don't need that, I get all my body needs from veg. stuff" - he is so wrong and that's a fact. There are specific molecules which are only in meet and fish and a human needs them.  It's just like with the milk, you believe you get enough calcium from it? Truth is, the most of it doesn't stay in your body.

Therefore I don't care about vegetarian stuff ingame at all. There should be none, eat what you have, it's a survival. The situation is getting ruff and what kind of an idiot one must be to say "Here is a can of bacon but I will not eat it, I'm a vegetarian, I will starve out" This is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Pff,if we had a real apocalypse and you are starving,suddenly a fat juicy cow walking in front of you,would you vegies rather die

than eat all that delicious steak? Your beliefes aside we humans consumed meat from the paleolithic era,like it or not,it's part of our diet.

But humans as omivorous also have the privelage of choice so i'm not the one to judge.

• Like 3

Yes, I forgot about bacon. Now, if you just reminded me of that without making a witty comment as you, people, always do, I would actually try to go on with this discussion. But since you are just another narrow minded root-eater, I won't bother.

Now that is settled, food in game right now is still 99% veggy, 1% meat. So your comment doesn't actually change anything and your statement is pointless. even more that you ignored the really important part of my post to prove how right you are and how wrong I am.

Vegetarians will survive exactly how they have survived so far, that sums up your discussion.

I will take umbrage on the "root-eater" comment but I agree 100% with the rest of this.

• Like 1

I will take umbrage on the "root-eater" comment but I agree 100% with the rest of this.

Was worth a shot. It seemed like you were for choosing that one thing to point out from my actual point. It was uncalled for, though, so sorry about that.

Was worth a shot. It seemed like you were for choosing that one thing to point out from my actual point. It was uncalled for, though, so sorry about that.

why is it that "wit" always seems to lack something in text? I have to admit that I chuckled just a little when I first read the OP because bacon currently is the ONLY meat in the game unless you count powdered milk (some vegans will). I had actually been wondering where the higher end proteins in game were when they added the bacon. how in the hell is one supposed to exercise rule #2 without all the much needed proteins? I'm sure we will all know by BETA.

anyways Sarge good call on pointing out the actual reality in game right now ;)  

interesting concepts...

what has eating meat got to do with shooting people

• Like 1

Maybe in the future we can also harvest those pumpkins that grow at many places. Some pumpkin soup would be great

what has eating meat got to do with shooting people

well if you are against eating meat, that normally implies that you have something against animals getting KILLED for your enjoyment

if you now go ahead and KILL people for pure enjoyment while being a vegetarian, you are a specieist

(like racism but hating different species, humans in this case, rather than different races)

or you suffer a minor case of major brain damage

edit: though in case of just don't liking the taste of meat, it is totally understandable to be a psychopathic murderer and at the same time a vegetarian

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 2

well if you are against eating meat, that normally implies that you have something against animals getting KILLED for your enjoyment

if you now go ahead and KILL people for pure enjoyment while being a vegetarian, you are a specieist

(like racism but hating different species, humans, in this case, rather than different races)

or you suffer a minor case of major brain damage

eating meat, and shooting humans (or animals) are completely unrelated subjects,