Sign in to follow this  
StayAlive (DayZ)

I managed to trick myself *facepalm*

Funny thing happened in Dayz today. I was tabbing into the game and suddenly i started to hear two guys talking about hiding stuff in boxes. I was inside a house and i could clearly hear someone talking outside. I went outside, saying i was friendly, but i could not see anyone. The sound of two guys was there, but none to see. I went around a couple of buildings to try and find the source of the sound. Nothing. Lol, then i found out i had accidentally started a radio show in one of my browsers *facepalm*.

Edited by StayAlive
  • Like 13

haha that's pretty funny. Imagine if you had Scarface or Predator playing in the BG.

• Like 5

Funny thing happened in Dayz today. I was tabbing into the game and suddenly i started to hear two guys talking about hiding stuff in boxes. I was inside a house and i could clearly hear someone talking outside. I went outside, saying i was friendly, but i could not see anyone. The sound of two guys was there, but noone to see. I went around a couple of buildings to try and find the source of the sound. Nothing. Lol, then i found out i had accidentally started a radio show on one of my browsers *facepalm*.

Hello there

At night I have sat for around 10 minutes watching a distant flashlight that was moving a little in a near village.

It was *my* crosshair...

Rgds

LoK

• Like 16

Hello there

At night I have sat for around 10 minutes watching a distant flashlight that was moving a little in a near village.

It was *my* crosshair...

Rgds

LoK

I know that feel :D
  • Like 2

Hello there

It was *my* crosshair...

Rgds

LoK

and another reason to remove that crosshair option once and for all !

• Like 2

I once accidentally left my browser for the internet open once and a random advert played while I was in dayz

All I could hear was some guy going on and on about some washing powder

Took me longer than it should have to figure out what had happend

• Like 3

ye. dayZ map does that to me..iam looting ..beign carefull BAM !!! new detergent commercial...-_-

Since we're sort of confessing I guess I should spil my beans too. I was out in the middle of nowhere, deep in some rolling hills heading to meet friends up north, when I spotted a players silhouette just past the crest of a hill. I only had a few berry bushes to immediately tuck into. I sat there panicking because he had the upperhand on me being that he was on higher ground. And here I was with no real cover in sight except me and this stupid little berry bush right in the middle of a meadow. Damn what to do.... what to do? I had n M4 but only iron sights and I had just been running full tilt so weapon sway was unreal. No way I could hit him at the distance. So after about 5 minutes of camping and speaking with my friends on steam chat, I said screw it I'm going to make an attempt to flank and interact with him. I cautiously crept up on side of the hill and when I crested I direct chatted "Hey man, stop there!! Don't move!". He seemed to comply but he was not chatting back with me or typing. I inched closer with M4 ready only to realize it was a stupid scarecrow! My heart was pounding and I just laughed my ass off in a sigh of relief because of how exposed I was. No other game has made me feel that way when seeing other players, or what I thought was a player. 

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 7

I was in a police station and was on the 1st floor and in the 1st room to the right of the spiral staircase.I went into the second room within that room and found some loot,placed it into my inventory, turned around,all the while crouched and was exiting the room,looked down and to my left,coming out of the door,as it was opened inward towards me.I immediately spot a set of boots (just the tips of the toes) out of the corner of my eyes and I froze backed up closed the door and just about pissed my pants.I call out to inform my friendly intentions with no response.I finally come out of the room after a bit (hoping they just left) and it turns out they were a pristine pair of jungle boots I had overlooked before entering the second room.....Derp.

Edited by AdmiralBull
  • Like 5

Some times when i am in a town looting buildings i hear foots steps, and freeze and draw my weapon caustionly looking around, and it is just someone in my house walking past my room,  Stupid hardwood floors lol

I played the game a couple of days before New Years Eve, and had the browser open in the background on a page that suddenly ran some video ad warning about the dangers of fireworks. It featured a loud exploding noise followed by a girl screaming. For a second I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

• Like 4

I played the game a couple of days before New Years Eve, and had the browser open in the background on a page that suddenly ran some video ad warning about the dangers of fireworks. It featured a loud exploding noise followed by a girl screaming. For a second I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

It's 12 midnight and This made me laugh so loud I think I woke the neighbours :)

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

Funny thing happened in Dayz today. I was tabbing into the game and suddenly i started to hear two guys talking about hiding stuff in boxes. I was inside a house and i could clearly hear someone talking outside. I went outside, saying i was friendly, but i could not see anyone. The sound of two guys was there, but none to see. I went around a couple of buildings to try and find the source of the sound. Nothing. Lol, then i found out i had accidentally started a radio show in one of my browsers *facepalm*.

LMAO

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

I was playing with a buddy and while coming upon the police station in Dolina, we heard "oh my god." It was loud and made us both scramble for cover. We looked around and realized no one was there. Not a single building had been looted or zed killed. Upon realizing that, we were left thinking, "what the fuck?" Still have no idea what or who it was, or if it really did happen, but my buddy swears he heard it too.

i once looted an apartement building and found a bottle of alcohol on a sink,

only having my pants, flashlight, battery and waterbottle,

immediately tried to pick it up and looked at my char disbelieving he just drank that sh*t:

because thats the default option if your inventory is full...

and because there is no antidote to drinking pure alcohol yet, i just jumped off the building to save me some time

• Like 2

I was playing with a buddy and while coming upon the police station in Dolina, we heard "oh my god." It was loud and made us both scramble for cover. We looked around and realized no one was there. Not a single building had been looted or zed killed. Upon realizing that, we were left thinking, "what the fuck?" Still have no idea what or who it was, or if it really did happen, but my buddy swears he heard it too.

I've experienced and seen in a youtube video once where a players mic will transmit to everyone... I'm assuming its the admins mic since when it happened to me it was a guy talking to someone in berenzino for like 10 minutes. Talking about how it's his server, his clan, favorite games, etc. this was with me and a friend being all alone in the wilderness and we both heard it. As for the youtube video, it was a youtuber in solnichny that came across about 4 other people that were hearing some random guy talk.

My stupid moments usually involve freaking out over road signs and tree leaves both of which sometimes look like other players running down the street when in running.

I have another one.....I still do this to this day.I will be running/traveling through the woods and sometimes when the sun is to my back, the shadow of my character will be projected,at a distance,onto a tree truck where I can just catch a glimpse of it, as it is in motion and it always scares the living shit outta me.....Derp x2

Thanks for sharing your experiences community. Some pretty funny comments:)

Edited by StayAlive