rocket

DayZ Update 1.5.7

Gotta say the patch last night really changed the game mechanics. IN A GOOD WAY! No more running in or near towns. Me and my crew made a 10 klick Journey last night. It was awesome. We passed through three infested towns and only drew the ire of one small group of zombies en route to our destination. It was absolutely epic. This may not be what all you run and gunners want to hear, SLOW DOWN. Yeah zombies are every fuckin' place but if you slow down, crouch walk or even go prone. You can get with feet of them without them being the wiser.

This game has really made me question whether or not people are even playing it right. I met three decent guys last night and by the time we were done. We were a Mad Max style road gang with somewhat bad intentions for the next few we ran across. It's not kill or be killed anymore. It's more like do I wanna risk shooting at those guys? Pick your battles folks.

I think its a stunning update, I don't have any problems, bug wise, beyond waiting for a server response.

You know I don't think the (somewhat) overwhelming numbers of zombies would be a problem if they were just 10% slower than they are. If they weren't on you before you see them after you've taken one down or could get a little distance between you and them. That and the really odd paths they take make them a little too rough at the moment.

Being able to play would help.

Honestly I like this update better than what this game was before. It honestly makes the game more than a mod. It really kind of transforms it into it's own game. The zombies were annoying before. Now you really gotta be careful what you do. I think that the lonewolf sniper motherfuckers better think twice about when they pull that trigger. The DMR can raise a horde in a hurry.

Oh and as a side note...try to stick to your pistols when taking down angered zombies. This lessens the chance of more in the vicinity hearing a louder gun and running straight at you. If you do this, you guys should be fine. We tried not to kill zombies last night. We snuck by three towns worth before we had major trouble and even then we only lost two guys of our four. That was due to the fact that two lofty individuals took the opportunity to kill two of ours during the melee. We thought they shot each other on accident until we were fired on later. In short, four of us managed to sneak through those towns brimming with zombies. We didn't do a lot of looting but only because we really didn't need to.

I think the new zombie count is fine, but some things need to be changed to return the game to equilibrium.

- As the poster above said, the zombies should be a little slower, a little less erratic in movement, so that we have a chance of shooting them before they are clawing at our face.

-They should also be a little less easy to aggro en masse - if they don't hear the gunshot or footsteps or see you, they shouldn't be drawn by other aggro'd zombies, as seem to be the case. That way hordes would not be so large and one would have a chance of clearing out a town piecemeal, instead of all at once.

- Ammo spawns should increase accordingly.

-Finally, their spawn rate should be slower, so that one actually has a chance of clearing out an area before they begin to spawn elsewhere in that area.

Overall, zombies need to be made a little bit easier, if their numbers are to remain so large.

Hearing all you guys talk about the zombies, I thought I'd die in the first minute. I found that as long as I have sufficient ammo for my shotgun I can run through Chernogorsk same as I used to. I just need more ammo than I usually keep.

I didn't really have much of a chance to play for too long after the update. I did play with a friend for about 30 minutes after the update and we did notice a much larger number of zombies. We never did aggro any zombies but we also never shot our guns. I've been reading everyone's opinions and it seems like there's a lot of mixed feelings about the increase in zombies. I think for the purpose of a 'zombie survival' game it's fantastic! I do like some of the ideas mentioned such as making the zombies a little slower and less jerky just so you dont feel like you have to keep running backwards and wait for them to stop to get a good shot when you aggro a group. Also, maybe making the respawn rate a little slower so you can clear a building. (Haven't experienced but hearing alot of people clearing a building then going back downstairs to find another fleet of zombies.)

Affect on PvP.. I think with the increased amount of zombies and aggro there will be much less PvP happening. Couple reasons: With more zombies people will have a higher chance of survival if they stick together. Aggro from gun fire would be the second.

Overall I think this is a good improvement. My highest concern is the speed and

I didn't really have much of a chance to play for too long after the update. I did play with a friend for about 30 minutes after the update and we did notice a much larger number of zombies. We never did aggro any zombies but we also never shot our guns. I've been reading everyone's opinions and it seems like there's a lot of mixed feelings about the increase in zombies. I think for the purpose of a 'zombie survival' game it's fantastic! I do like some of the ideas mentioned such as making the zombies a little slower and less jerky just so you don't feel like you have to keep running backwards and wait for them to stop to get a good shot when you aggro a group. Also, maybe making the respawn rate a little slower so you can clear a building. (Haven't experienced but hearing a lot of people clearing a building then going back downstairs to find another fleet of zombies.)

Affect on PvP.. I think with the increased amount of zombies and aggro there will be much less PvP happening. Couple reasons: With more zombies people will have a higher chance of survival if they stick together. Aggro from gun fire would be the second.

Overall I think this is a good improvement. My highest concern is the speed and jerkyness of the zombies. MORE IS BETTER.. Just think they shouldn't be so spaz.

what if you have every ten walker zombies for every runner? Maybe add some melee option? Or dial down the radius the zombie is alerted?

I've had the following bugs:

Map parts disappearing, I've seen just a field of the ground texture suddenly pop up and keep on going forever, thought I took some screenshots but apparently I didn't save them.

Nothing spawns in barns anymore (big ones and the ones with stairs).

Sometimes zombies are silent.

Sometimes I spawn with zombies right next to me.

When I clear an area full of zombies, I go in a building and there's already a replacement.

only small "bugs" i'v encountered so far is spawn rate of zombies is too fast and server wont save my progress :o wasted 3-4 hours of gameplay just too start up in chern where i started...

This update looks like bad joke. If you alarm one of them don't even try - just disconnect. They spawn faster then you kill them. I'll stop play for now, it's almost impossible for lone player to survive. I'm going to wait next update. It's sad because idea was brilliant but at this moment it's unplayable for lone survivor style. But, I suppose, some players (may be one of ten) will love this hardcore zombie madness. Panic effect is quite annoying at this moment.

Anyway, huge thanks for unique experience. I haven't felt anything like this before in any game.

Encountered a strange bug yesterday when traveling with a buddy. We were attacked by three zombies, took them out. After the bullets stopped flying i looked at him and noticed he was bleeding. He claims he wasn't bleeding, but the animation was there. I told him to watch his blood number closely and he confirmed it was not dropping. The animation lasted for about a half an hour, he had no option to bandage himself but I did (chose not to waste a bandage if he wasn't actually bleeding).

Seems the bleeding animation can happen without actually having blood loss.

Just feedback, so don't jump on me. But the zombie number is a little too high. Though I think it should still be more than it was, I'm not sure about the current amount. Either that or they need to be more docile etc

Still having fun though :)

The files are at this address 'http://cdn.armafiles.info/'.

Although you can get to them by going to the cashed version of the downloads page on google and then clicking the download link. Also the database get player info thing seems to be down again :(

The only way to play this now is to PK in remote areas to keep yourself in food and drink. I'm surprised there are so few bandits at the moment, must just be because most folks have stopped playing for the time being.

The only way to play this now is to PK in remote areas to keep yourself in food and drink. I'm surprised there are so few bandits at the moment' date=' must just be because most folks have stopped playing for the time being.

[/quote']

You obviously dont know what your doing then...

Ive been crusing around solo at the moment shooting hoardes of zombies, and looting some great gear.

You need to learn to adapt, if your sittin around player killing cus you cant out smart a pack of z's...thats the wrong answer. lazy survival at its best. pfft