rocket

DayZ Update 1.5.7

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!

Anyone who now complains about too many zombies or re-spawn rate is a baby, and needs to make up there mind.

This completely changes game-play mechanics, I've seen lots of people using crossbows now, and it seems the fear has averted from bandits to zombies. I Love this! It makes stealth so much more important.

The added zombies are already having an adverse effect on the game, the 3000+ zed counts are making in town looting nearly impossible, thus making those first couple hours exponentially harder. Add in the already all too common PK, and the fact that gear, ammo, and food just became even more valuable and you will find many more people killing for simple gear between towns etc. You may have just made the game an impossible cluster fuck.

I would suggest taking into account all of the reprocussions of making such a drastic change BEFORE you do so.

I liked the zombie rate better than before, however the AI is better. This mod ruining update came just in time for D3, happy birthday.

Anyone who now complains about too many zombies or re-spawn rate is a baby' date=' and needs to make up there mind.

This completely changes game-play mechanics, I've seen lots of people using crossbows now, and it seems the fear has averted from bandits to zombies. I Love this! It makes stealth so much more important.

[/quote']

Loving it too, but the respawn rate is way too fast now. I cleared a traffic control tower with a friend and by the time we got out of the building, more zombies spawned right on us. I already thought the respawn rate was fast to begin with during 1.5.6; I could go from one barracks to the air traffic tower and come back to the barracks with more zombies and more loot. Seems too exploitable.

So far I've only played during pitch black night, but I'm having a great time.

The added zombies are already having an adverse effect on the game' date=' the 3000+ zed counts are making in town looting nearly impossible

[/quote']

I don't think I've seen anywhere near 3000+ zeds, but I'm thinking there should be a limit on the number spawning in a certain area.

I think the changes are pretty good overall. Remember guys, this is a zombie survival game. While PvP is an important aspect of the setting, I think the main threat should be zombies. I believe that the increased zombie count will make people more inclined to team up rather than shoot each other for 2 tins of beans.

That being said, the spawns are a bit broken right now as the zombies are respawning too quickly in the same area.

Everyone remember that this is ALPHA and it's the Wild West right now and anything goes. We have to be ready to adapt our game to the current patch. Just because you used to clear out a town by yourself with a mak doesn't mean you can expect to do that forever.

Good hunting, gentlemen.

To all the people whining about there being to many zombies' date=' wtf!

You were all saying we need more zombies, we need more zombies and now you have it, it's waa, too many zombies, this is shit waa. I'm sure it's a bunch of 10 year olds playing this mod, seriously.

I would go and play different modes with proper players but oh wait, every single server is dayz.

[/quote']

Your right.. See ya later... Have fun playing with yourself and the 30-45 -1 zombies.

Loving it, its now very tough and you need to make a decision whether to risk opening fire. Its very tense. Hopefully this will encourage more team based playing rather than new players just shooting you on sight.

this is good, i like where this is going. and whoever said it is right....this is a zombie survival game, and pvp is secondary

Honestly, i don't care about the number of zombies, it adds up to the challenge.

The big issue in my opinion is that it will promote a lot PKing.

Bandits will take whatever sniper they have in hand, shoot from the outskirts of the city, on a roof with a ladder, making them impossible to be caught by zombies, or they will disconnect and reconnect instantly to lose the aggro.

And if you try to fire back and play honestly, you catch every zombie around without a way to survive.

So yeah, i think we'll probably see a lot more PK along with spawn killing, since it will be quite easier to take a noob's beans and water than going in the city.

I think that the increase in zombies is awesome, but they also should be a bit slower. It is crazy out there now. If I can't have a super sparse eerie environment, at least make the zombies stupider/slower.

You weren't kidding. We are fucked. Bandit "problem" solved!

I agree with most points brought up though. Quick respawns so it's impossible to clear an area to loot and the panic effect needs more work but i kinda like the idea of it.

(I made a suggestion about some kind of consumable to calm nerves, would work really well when a panic system is fully implemented and more severe... just sayin :))

Honestly' date=' i don't care about the number of zombies, it adds up to the challenge.

Bandits will take whatever sniper they have in hand, shoot from the outskirts of the city, on a roof with a ladder, making them impossible to be caught by zombies, or they will disconnect and reconnect instantly to lose the aggro.

And if you try to fire back and play honestly, you catch every zombie around without a way to survive.

So yeah, i think we'll probably see a lot more PK along with spawn killing, since it will be quite easier to take a noob's beans and water than going in the city.

[/quote']

I beg to differ. With more zombies around, people will be less likely to murder people so they don't attract the hoard.

More zombies yea!!!!! Respawns seem wonky, they seem to spawn in on top of you???? Kind of immersion breaking and a pain in the butt.

What's with the panicking feature people are talking about? That seems unnecessary, and like it'd just kill the immersion. I can panic on my own if the conditions are right, and that's how I'd rather do it. Being told I'm panicking doesn't suddenly make it actually happen.

I beg to differ. With more zombies around' date=' people will be less likely to murder people so they don't attract the hoard.

[/quote']

If you've read my post, you would have seen that there are ways to avoid the hoard.

More experienced PK will take advantages of this, and towns will be infested even more by zombies and snipers.

I don't have anything against PvP, it's just that i don't want to see this mod to become a deathmatch with zombies (or rather Sniper Elite Warrior with zombies).

Honestly' date=' i don't care about the number of zombies, it adds up to the challenge.

[/quote']

I beg to differ. With more zombies around, people will be less likely to murder people so they don't attract the hoard.

I agree with both points of view here, in towns people will be more willing to team up rather than PK, but snipers will get even more targets. But really, there are going to be ppl sitting high up looking for players to kill regardless.

Zombies in the forest yet??? That would be so awesome to get zombies in the pitch black forest...ARGH....

Zombies in the forest yet??? That would be so awesome to get zombies in the pitch black forest...ARGH....

You and I have very different definitions of awesome. x.x

I noticed that zombies spawn a lot more at night than they do during the day. Is this intentional? I joined an EU server and I'm having no problems with respawn right now. In the Dallas server (midnight) respawns were insane.