rocket

DayZ Update 1.5.7

Why change what was good? Seriously, I along with many others have just stopped playing. This recent patch is ridiculous... No, I'm not some 12 year old COD player, I've never played COD in my life, I'm just merely upset that a game that was great has taken a totally different direction.

My group experienced a possible bug today, what happened was one player was laying down and another player went to get down near him which instantly caused the guy already on the ground to gain broken bones and die almost instantly. I am guessing it's got something to do with collision detection and is likely linked to the way doors have the same affect.

Happy B-Day Rocket! Thank you for the awesome mod!

I just want to say one thing... I like to run from zombies, and sometimes get away, if that means climbing a ladder then that's what happens; But since the update, zombies are able to climb the ladders :P so no escape for the amazing Ellinwood! I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not? But Please fix :D

http://min.us/miyidHJ4j/1

Here is a link I put up so you can access the needed files for 1.5.7.

Download and unzip into the addons folder and you should be good to play.

Why would we download yours instead of the official one? Probably a virus, just sayin.

Happy B-Day Rocket! Thank you for the awesome mod!

I just want to say one thing... I like to run from zombies' date=' and sometimes get away, if that means climbing a ladder then that's what happens; But since the update, zombies are able to climb the ladders :P so no escape for the amazing Ellinwood! I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not? But Please fix :D

[/quote']

Zombies could climb ladders for at least the last 2 patches it's just they rarely choose to do so.

Why would we download yours instead of the official one? Probably a virus' date=' just sayin.

[/quote']

Checksums appear to match, so I can verify that there would be no virus or risk of downloading from this source. He probably posted them there for referral points to that website. Also, I do know that some people were having issues retrieving the files earlier, just sayin.

You obviously dont know what your doing then...

Ive been crusing around solo at the moment shooting hoardes of zombies' date=' and looting some great gear.

You need to learn to adapt, if your sittin around player killing cus you cant out smart a pack of z's...thats the wrong answer. lazy survival at its best. pfft

[/quote']

One man's 'lazy' is another man's 'efficient'. I've actually stopped playing altogether for now, I can just imagine my 7 M16 mags vanishing into rotten flesh with very little return on my investment at this point. That ammo is for other player's skulls unless something changes.

hey I'm not going to complain at all but I think a lot could be solved with a better way for spawning. Maybe 2 or 3 max people can spawn together, it just takes a friend and I forever to get to each other, weve had the game 3 or 4 days and really only had one great play session or 1 "real" life, the rest has been trying to get to each other and getting either killed by zombies or players. we saved togeteher last night and spawned randomly back at the coast away from each other today, i an out of all ammo and died from zombies, and we never got to each other.If we could spawn together or pick our spawn that would be great, safety in numbers I say. Great work though I love the game and am exicted to see the game progress

I just gotta say ONE MORE TIME that the new zombie sounds are fucking mind blowing. So blown away by them. The voice actor is a fucking god. The old voices were OK and not even terrible but compared to the new voices it's just insane and something expected from an insane sound studio.

Hey all, just coming to give some feedback.

Just been playing for a few days now, got about 15hrs of game time in dayz and am loving it. I like the new update with the zombie increase, so far its been sitting at around 500 zeds on the servers I have managed to get into and found it to be a good number. I like how they bunch around the city's and buildings and thin out as the towns get smaller etc. I also like how there are not many zombies out in the wild, I believe it should stay that way, because if not it will make traveling from town town a very slow process and frankly, quite annoying. The only time I should expect to see zeds in the wild is if they have just chased down a kill and are feeding.

I also noticed the player killing can be a problem sometimes, I have experienced it my self and I have also done player killing myself. My opinion on this is; I like how you have the bandit skin feature, I know its not realistic, but then again if you make it too realistic it will detract from the fun. But I think its good because it makes people choose, which in a way creates a bit of order. The last thing I want is this to become a big death match, I get enough of that senseless boring brain dead crap from call of duty, I don't need it or want it in this ("finally, someone made a good mod, I cant believe a big name game developer STILL can't even do it right") mod. A good thing about the bandit skin also is it makes me choose to not be a bandit, because now I know being a bandit has just decreased my odds of survival because now I have everyone shooting me on site, where as before they might just be wary of me and leave me alone. I know if I see a bandit, ill be shooting first, asking questions later. When I see a civ I just take not and stay hidden until there gone. Again this is discouraging PVP

I always like to say, keep it stupid simple.

I also noticed a few posts mentioned in the other forums about adding weapon durability because its realistic for your weapon to jam and break after firing a few clips through it lol. I appose this simply because weapon durability in games are never realistic and if anyone has ever owned a gun, you don't throw it out after firing a few clips through it, and no it doesn't jam either, if you wanted to get realistic, you could fire a few thousand rounds through your rifle and it will still keep on firing with at the most, you will need some basic cleaning. As for jamming, comes down to the rifle and the design of the action, if shit gets in there, and I mean a lot of shit, it may jam, maybe you might get double feed jams. My point is jams are rare and they are usually caused by the rifle owner.

Just had my first crossing with zombies on the new build. I walked passed many places, deciding that the head count was more than I wanted to deal with. Then I came across a barn with about 6 shufflers. I took my chances and managed to drop them all without much issue.

I then went straight into the barn, looted it and left. 2 minutes tops.

As I was walking away from the barn, I looked back and saw all the zombies respawn. I believe there's a range setting on spawning now to stop them from appearing on top of you, but boy they didn't mess about making their return. I'd have thought the place would have stayed clear for at least 15 minutes.

Just had my first crossing with zombies on the new build. I walked passed many places' date=' deciding that the head count was more than I wanted to deal with. Then I came across a barn with about 6 shufflers. I took my chances and managed to drop them all without much issue.

I then went straight into the barn, looted it and left. 2 minutes tops.

As I was walking away from the barn, I looked back and saw all the zombies respawn. I believe there's a range setting on spawning now to stop them from appearing on top of you, but boy they didn't mess about making their return. I'd have thought the place would have stayed clear for at least 15 minutes.

[/quote']

Yeah. This entirely.

Last night was really rough... today? Apart from logging in 10 km away from where I logged off yesterday... pretty easy. Got some great loots and experience with the new zombies. Overall I love it and think this is pretty balanced as is... well assuming you aren't firing an AK in city...

Yep, loving the new zombie levels and other refinements, adds a little more caution to the gameplay.

Not loving making my way up to Stary only to log back at a previous save point in Cherno about an hour prior. Not loving it at all. It's happened twice now and each time I'd crawled around for a good length of time to get some supplies. Even found the PDW, but lost it as all my gear was back to the stuff I had in Cherno.

I can suck it up though, it's till an Alpha, and I can respect that. Maybe it's something to do with using servers in different countries or something, I dunno. Or perhaps the overwrite that should occur when logging out isn't occurring for some reason.

Affect on PvP.. I think with the increased amount of zombies and aggro there will be much less PvP happening. Couple reasons: With more zombies people will have a higher chance of survival if they stick together. Aggro from gun fire would be the second.

I disagree with this assessment. An increase in the zombie numbers and very short respawn times make looting a less viable option. This in turn creates an incentive to prey on other players because it presents a ever decreasing challenge.

Newly spawned players will also have a rougher start and might not come very far at all. They might also spawn way off of anyone else to cooperate decreasing their life expectancy or they might come to the conclusion that it is easier to kill players than it is to get decent loot and fighting off hordes of zombies.

With the scavenging getting harder it might create an incentive to group up, but at some point the group might just resort to preying on other players since they got the strength in number and killing other players in remote areas is far less risky and less ammo consuming. With ammo beeing scarce pvp might be the easiest way to stock up on it to be able to fend off a horde when you accidently alert them in the next area you're trying to get some provisions.

Some suggested that zombies should spawn should spawn a lot more in the forest to discurage player killing. While I like the attempt to discurage it, this would be a step in the wrong direction. Zombies are infected humans and only very few humans are held up in the forest.

I like the amount of zombies there are. It's the same as before 1.5.6, so I don't see what the fuss is about as far as the amount of zombies.

Only issues (and it's been touched on):

With the panic feature zombies should be slowed.

Zombies respawn too quickly.

Zombies for some reason agro from really far away now. Wasn't even close to a few zombies and they all agroed.

Hey all, just coming to give some feedback.

Just been playing for a few days now, got about 15hrs of game time in dayz and am loving it. I like the new update with the zombie increase, so far its been sitting at around 500 zeds on the servers I have managed to get into and found it to be a good number. I like how they bunch around the city's and buildings and thin out as the towns get smaller etc. I also like how there are not many zombies out in the wild, I believe it should stay that way, because if not it will make traveling from town town a very slow process and frankly, quite annoying. The only time I should expect to see zeds in the wild is if they have just chased down a kill and are feeding.

I also noticed the player killing can be a problem sometimes, I have experienced it my self and I have also done player killing myself. My opinion on this is; I like how you have the bandit skin feature, I know its not realistic, but then again if you make it too realistic it will detract from the fun. But I think its good because it makes people choose, which in a way creates a bit of order. The last thing I want is this to become a big death match, I get enough of that senseless boring brain dead crap from call of duty, I don't need it or want it in this ("finally, someone made a good mod, I cant believe a big name game developer STILL can't even do it right") mod. A good thing about the bandit skin also is it makes me choose to not be a bandit, because now I know being a bandit has just decreased my odds of survival because now I have everyone shooting me on site, where as before they might just be wary of me and leave me alone. I know if I see a bandit, ill be shooting first, asking questions later. When I see a civ I just be aware and stay hidden until there gone. Again this is encouraging not to go out an kill everything attitude.

I also noticed a few posts mentioned in the other forums about adding weapon durability because its realistic for your weapon to jam and break after firing a few clips through it lol. I appose this simply because weapon durability in games are never realistic and if anyone has ever owned a gun, you don't throw it out after firing a few clips through it, and no it doesn't jam either, if you wanted to get realistic, you could fire a few thousand rounds through your rifle and it will still keep on firing with at the most, you will need some basic cleaning. As for jamming, comes down to the rifle and the design of the action, if shit gets in there, it may jam, maybe you might get double feed jams. My point is jams are rare and they are usually caused by the careless rifle owner.

A few things I would like added, the ability to board up doors and windows to prevent zeds seeing you and coming into the house, you simply un-board the door and exit and away you go. Not sure if that's possible with arma 2's engine, you guys will know that. Also I'm not sure if this is in the mod or not, haven't heard it mentioned, but is the construction feature implemented in, so outposts can be constructed that are zombie free, and people can come together to meet, trade and group up for help, maybe add some missions like the armory, except you can choose them from a menu if possible.

Why would we download yours instead of the official one? Probably a virus' date=' just sayin.

[/quote']

Checksums appear to match, so I can verify that there would be no virus or risk of downloading from this source. He probably posted them there for referral points to that website. Also, I do know that some people were having issues retrieving the files earlier, just sayin.

Don't be a dick. I was just telling people to be cautious because I found it weird.

The save-function doesn´t work properly anymore. After continuing saving-problems yesterday I did some tests this morning. I logged in on the first server, did some action and movement, changed to the next server and had to start at the same position and with same equipment as yesterday, but some saves ago. Then I did action and movement again, changed server and had to start at the same position from yesterday. That thing happend for more two times. Because of frustration I stopped playing till next version is out.

The new zombie sounds are very disappointing IMHO.

I love the rest of the mod, I loved the old sounds. I just can't understand why the zombie sounds went from the rage fuelled, blood curdling screams and gnashing to what sounds to me to be bored or over tired housewives preforming their marital duties.

Am I missing something? What is the logic behind the new sounds?

The new zombie sounds are very disappointing IMHO.

I love the rest of the mod' date=' I loved the old sounds. I just can't understand why the zombie sounds went from the rage fuelled, blood curdling screams and gnashing to what sounds to me to be bored or over tired housewives preforming their marital duties.

Am I missing something? What is the logic behind the new sounds?

[/quote']

I believe they are less "obvious", which makes them a wee bit harder to pinpoint, and raises the tension, especially at night. Feels like there is a little more variety too unless I'm mistaken. There are two main kind on this though. Before we had 28 days rabid infected, now we have more brain dead zombies.

Quite like the new ones so far personally, though I need to play a bit more to get a real feel.