miss_hellcat

For the GIRLS...

My answer would also be "..."

What am I reading here.

• Like 1

Have to say, i would actually pay to see, "Ona - bushi Vs 20th century male who thinks women cant fight and never could". Id give him all of 2.5 seconds before her naginata removed his head. :). 

Anyone who is highly trained with weapons and martial arts can give an untrained average sized person a whooping. When it comes to bladed weapons, men and woman have an equal chance to win because strength has little to do with it. What most "males" are talking about is the average female versus the average male in a hand to hand combat situation, the male will leave the winner. Males are stronger then females in general as well as heavier. Even in the trained world (boxing, mma you name it), man is considered the strongest. Catering to woman and making them believe they have just as much a chance to "beat a man up" will only harm their chances of escaping a real attack or rape attempt. That is why I believe a woman should always carry a secondary weapon (knife, mace, taser, etc..) especially if they go to clubs and other areas of that sort. My two cents.

Regarding the clothes articles, keeping everything unisex is probably better. Hair changes and the likes I can understand, as long as it stays in a realistic fashion (ponytails, small bangs etc..)

• Like 1

Okay well did William Adams become a Samurai when Samurai were nobles and had to be native born?

Why yes, yes he did.

Ieyasu had forbidden the Englishman to leave Japan. He was presented with two swords representing the authority of a Samurai. The Shogun decreed that William Adams the pilot was dead and that Miura Anjin (三浦按針), a samurai, was born.

Williams' story was the inspiration for James Clavell's Shōgun.

• Like 1

Yes to matching underwear and I would like to see different kind of hair, so you can pick which one you want. The black and latino guys are bald, and I think the female models got different hairs too.

• Like 1

I think none of the men playing this game use that rifle  specially made for faggots

Alright then. Member warned and suspended. Make sure to read the rules and be nice around here.

Um they probably died but they took a few of the bastards with them i know that if you didn't watch this movie which was just great lol.

The gattling gun was the game changer though not the powder guns.

And besides even after guns ppl were still wearing bright uniforms long after that.

Notice the standard Red Infanry Uniform.

L

I think you guys are connecting 2 different things and not really accounting for the context.

The first real industrial war was arguably the American Civil war. Citing the war against the zulus is comparing a very different scenario. At the time the weaponry was available it had yet to be deployed in way that demonstrated its power. After the American Civil War there were activists who fought to stop the 1st world war which was being championed by romantic idealists who very much bought into the whole idea of of bright coloured men on horseback ect. They anticipated that if the new weaponry available was deployed on a scale perhaps even greater than that conflict, the resulting war would be horrific. 

And yet at the begging of the war most men felt that it would be a just like the other wars previously, short, and full of dashing men in uniform riding into glorious battle. An example of this as someone else mentioned in the thread is the French who suffered horrific casualties in the early days of the war as they were simply not prepared for the modern war they were fighting not just in their uniforms but in their tactical inability to adjust.

I mean the entire concept of trench warfare came about because commanders could simply not adjust to the nature of modern war and so still insisted on fortified positions and slow advances across open terrain towards the enemy even though they proved to be routinely disastrous. 

Sorry for the history lesson but the point Im trying to make is there was an overlap between the age of chivalrous warfare with bright colours and heroism, and the age of modern industrial conflict. It wasn't because one could survive with the other, it was because few people anticipated what was coming. Warfare changed dramatically in a very short time when it became less about being a playground for aristocrats and more about survival (see WW2)

Edited by Shagohad

Hello there

My admittedly poor example was purely to show folk that it wasnt too long ago that we still used outrageous uniforms, I just hadn't had time to get a better example vid.

Rgds

LoK

in a zombie apocalypse, a chick wearing g-string and sports bra.

don't worry about zombies hunny whole men can protect you instinctively

Regarding the clothes articles, keeping everything unisex is probably better.

Apocalyptic fashion trends are unisex all the way.

814380_392q5y3nmw.jpg

Edited by Ken Bean

Ah the japanese. How the mighty have fallen, a proud heritage and tradition, became giant floating neon sign's in the ocean as the corporation took their land from them. The yakuza is about the only thing they have even close to what they once were. 

You're right about the USA

.. no sorry.. what country are we talking about?

..//..

Sorry for the history lesson but the point Im trying to make is there was an overlap between the age of chivalrous warfare with bright colours and heroism, and the age of modern industrial conflict. It wasn't because one could survive with the other, it was because few people anticipated what was coming. Warfare changed dramatically in a very short time when it became less about being a playground for aristocrats and more about survival (see WW2)

You should read a good account of Waterloo

An englishman named Ash aquired the rights to collect teeth from that battlefield. There were plenty young men's teeth scattered around, very often in whole sets. Ash used them to manufacture expensive dentures for rich Brits. He did very well and his son continued the business, but in the second generation the teeth still lying in the field began to be too decayed to be profitable.

Edited by pilgrim

You should read a good account of Waterloo

An englishman named Ash aquired the rights to collect teeth from that battlefield. There were plenty young men's teeth scattered around, very often in whole sets. Ash used them to manufacture expensive dentures for rich Brits. He did very well and his son continued the business, but in the second generation the teeth still lying in the field began to be too decayed to be profitable.

haha, interesting but I'm not sure I understand your point? If its just a cool thing to look at alright, but if you are suggesting that warfare has always been horrific I absolutely agree. Its not like massive battles and wars were not fought before the modern era, it is however a fact that those wars were very different to the industrial wars fought after and though armies may not have adapted instantly they did adapt

Have patience, more character customisation will come eventually, it's hardly important at this stage.

Hello there

My admittedly poor example was purely to show folk that it wasnt too long ago that we still used outrageous uniforms, I just hadn't had time to get a better example vid.

Rgds

LoK

oh absolutely, its pretty crazy to think how much warfare has developed within 50-100 years considering its something we have been working on since the beginning of the human race.

I just think quite a few people know very little about WW1 and how costly outdated military doctrines were to the people that fought in it. 

• Like 1

Also Mongolian armor

functional-mongol-armor-suit-4584.jpg

But it all has kind of a girlish appearance but still maintaining a certain toughness.

From an exert about the battle of Japanese samurai during the Mongolian invasion:

"...a warrior would step out, announce his name and lineage, and prepare for one-on-one combat with a foe. Unfortunately for the Japanese, the Mongols were not familiar with the code. When a lone samurai stepped forward to challenge them, the Mongols would simply attack him en masse, much like ants swarming a beetle."

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

Um they probably died but they took a few of the bastards with them i know that if you didn't watch this movie which was just great lol.

The gattling gun was the game changer though not the powder guns.

And besides even after guns ppl were still wearing bright uniforms long after that.

what movies is this? It looks amazing.

what movies is this? It looks amazing.

The Last Samurai

Also i just woke up. Omg this topic got offtrack super fast...... XD

From an exert about the battle of Japanese samurai during the Mongolian invasion:

"...a warrior would step out, announce his name and lineage, and prepare for one-on-one combat with a foe. Unfortunately for the Japanese, the Mongols were not familiar with the code. When a lone samurai stepped forward to challenge them, the Mongols would simply attack him en masse, much like ants swarming a beetle."

You gotta admit though that that outfit would make an AWESOME unisex apocalyptic cult outfit lol.

You gotta admit though that that outfit would make an AWESOME unisex apocalyptic cult outfit lol.

If my memory serves me correctly, the only reason that the Japanese even survived that battle was because a tsunami swept through the battlefield and killed off the Mongols lol. 

P.S. yes that costume would be an awesome unisex apocalyptic cult outfit. But you would be a very big/colorful target lol.

You're right about the USA

.. no sorry.. what country are we talking about?

Ha, another that is too true. Im sure the founding fathers of the US are rolling in their graves (have been for alot of years too i would say) at the state that corporate fascist place is in. But, not one to talk being from yet another country in the same place as the US (UK that being), i certainly aren't pointing fingers at the people of the US at all. Its clever how invisible it is to most. But becoming more and more noticed as the "debt crisis" continues. The answers to the "debt" are in history after all, whether its taught in "national curriculum" or not, its being spotted more and more whether the bankers like it or not. 

• Like 1

(back on topic) For the GIRLS

?

A dress, or long hair, or bare (female) arms, or collarbone, or any specifically female garments, footwear, accessories, or either lipstick or earrings would be considered too urban, or too sexist, as I understand. Or not possible for technical reasons (hair for instance).

[ed : I had a photo here but I removed it - it was sexist and uninteresting, it was I think a Russian woman, wearing city clothes carrying a gun, either a model or some rich person's bodyguard] 

Strange that the female shape itself already causes problems to a group of game developers and players who are all biologically human, while at the same time the male shape is considered "standard" for the species.

Why not ask the women what they want, instead of men telling them?

Edited by pilgrim

Hello there

Yes, we have gone offtopic somewhat, but as there was some lovely info we allowed it, but it does need steering back to clothing for the ladies.

But lets think beyond the sexy "babe" clothing of male fantasy.

Rgds

LoK

I get the undershirt thing, it does stand out a bit but it doesn't last too long.  Tearing the t shirt into rags is not the first thing I do.  I wear it until I get something better or start to bleed.  Military clothing is, well, military clothing, it looks especially bad on females no matter what you do to it.  I'd like to see Utilikilts as an option for both sexes.  Right now there just isn't a whole lot of variety for either sex when it comes down to it.