JimmyGate

Alright, I am finally concerned about the standalone

Great post orlok.  Everything that you just laid out is exactly what I think about DayZ in it's current state.

Hello there

But remember, thats only my opinion.

Im no expert.

And its good to challenge the status quo.

Thats why i do appreciate some of our regular trolls.

Although i wouldnt but out my concerns in the way they do, it is good to put ones thoughts out there.

I just wish they could be more constructive and less ranty as some of them are obviously intelligent folk, but they spoil their view by being uber difficult.

Constructive criticism is key IMHO and *will* get the devs attention as has been prove by Sables posts.

Unwarranted allusions does not work however.

I just wish folk would realise that we are not Hammerpoint. and we are trying our best to be transparent, but we all have feelings and constant mindless attacks puts us off posting.

Criticism fine.

Rants no.

All I ask is for folk to remember we are people. We sometimes get it right and sometimes not.

And the devs are not gods.

Treat them well and you will receive more feedback.

Rant like a loon and expect the same or less back.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

But remember, thats only my opinion.

Im no expert.

And its good to challenge the status quo.

Thats why i do appreciate some of our regular trolls.

Although i wouldnt but out my concerns in the way they do, it is good to put ones thoughts out there.

I just wish they could be more constructive and less ranty as some of them are obviously intelligent folk, but they spoil their view by being uber difficult.

Constructive criticism is key IMHO and *will* get the devs attention as has been prove by Sables posts.

Unwarranted allusions does not work however.

I just wish folk would realise that we are not Hammerpoint. and we are trying our best to be transparent, but we all have feelings and constant mindless attacks puts us off posting.

Criticism fine.

Rants no.

All I ask is for folk to remember we are people. We sometimes get it right and sometimes not.

And the devs are not gods.

Treat them well and you will receive more feedback.

Rant like a loon and expect the same or less back.

Rgds

LoK

Are you seriously going to keep writing like that? As if you're writing out a script with yourself?

• Like 1

Hello there

Yes,

Yes I will

Thanks for contributing to the topic

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

i hate standalone

im just addicted to it

the game is buggy as hell, VERY, VERY slow and lazy development progress (and if they actually made some progress its another retarded pistol or pair of pants, instead of wasting time and adding more features they add useless, unknown guns and items that you will never find in soviet russia), absolutely nothing to do (sometimes i wonder if the devs actually tried to play..), broken and stupid gun system (takes no skill and the firefights are retarded) and much more. 4 months after the release, i expect something good or at least beta release. with all these millions they could hire much more people and get some work done.

i would love to switch to another game but warz suck and rust.. well the graphics and the casual gameplay just ruin it.

dayz is forever doomed to be in alpha stage.

You're seeing right now how they're responding. H1Z1 is out in what, 4 weeks?  And now you have rushed, broken patches.

H1Z1 is not out in 4 weeks, it goes Early Access in four weeks; that means ALPHA. That means bugs, and LOTS of them. And, if you've ever played Planetside 2, SOE is notorious for bugs, even in release format, so early access is going to be quite the buggy hell. :)

That said, I'm still looking forward to it... 

You're aware all of these features are coming to DayZ eventually? And from that gameplay, I'm not that impressed, looks too arcadish.

I'm aware they are talked about a lot.

I don't really notice many new bugs popping up.  When I first got the game (shortly after they removed the circular crosshair) It's always been things like loosing items that are dropped on the ground, zombies hitting me from way too far away, inability to switch weapons or even pull one out when I need it most, etc.  So far, I think they are making stable builds relatively clean of any 'new' bugs.

I remain voluntarily optimistic.

They didnt bother to rush before to push out Dayz when another game came out, I dont think they are now..

And people will play what they want to play.. It could be this, it could be that, it could be both.. It could be something else completely..

biggest thing for me is dieing more than getting shot coz of glitches.

You'd have to be fanboying pretty hard to not be concerned about standalone as it stands.

What-me-worry+Mad+image.jpg

• Like 1

Well I'm going to have to agree with OP on this one.

This game is beyond fixing.

I really can't wait when it is fully released and all these fan boys can't spew the typical "can't you see this is alpha" bull shit.

H1Z1 is going to be good.

Edited by Foulplay

i m concerned dean will go on vacation soon and is not working hard enough!

Welp..it is ALPHA. and no most of you have no idea how game development or Software development works..at least looking at the last responses. What is also funny is that People cry about OMAGGUHHRRRDD and still clock over 200h playtime..if the game is so bad..why Play so much ? :D

Worries are fine but IMOH unwaranted at this Point.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

We'll have to see how Bohemia responds with H1Z1 coming out soon. 

Please enough of this H1Z1 nonsence. You can't even play it at this moment, yet some people already claim how great this Pay 2 Win game will be. I mean feel free to move to H1Z1, just don't expect everybody to be hype about it, because at this moment, it does not look good at all (from vids).

You can't be serious. BF4 is actually pretty stable right now, and has been. Minus the few "core" things like tickrate. Sure they break one or two things with updates, but nothing like the list in this forum from this patch.

DayZ is becoming much more like BF4 at release than being better than the current state BF4.

Man BF4 is a disaster. Made by DICE, who has surely more then 100 developers, and backed by EA, who earns billions of Dollars every year.

And what do they create? Rushed BF4, that has such a shitty hit detection it is not even funny, but hey, they are pros in creating sun glares that Michael Bay would approve of !! No way they will get any more money from me, I'm so glad I haven't paid for premium atleast.

TL;DR: Gigantic game corporation are spewing rubbish game (BF4, COD and others). Bohemia is a lot smaller company, it's no wonder their development takes more time. Also DayZ SA is still frikking unique as compared to majority of today's game and I believe it will be worth the waiting. Yes, it will have it's share of bugs, but as in mod, these bugs woun't most likely prevent people from having fun!

• Like 1

I was going to make a post.

Then Waterfox crashed and I am not going to retype 12 paragraphs. It was pretty much:

"H1Z1? Is the lore going to be about mutated H1N1? *Vomits* I swear to god 3AP2W needs to die."

"No need to worry about DayZ, DayZ can take care of itself, because DayZ is DayZ, and DayZ takes your beans."

Continue to whine at eachother's whining. :D

Edited by Dr.Burd

This is just another attempt to sneak in a little H1Z1 advertising on the DayZ general forums. 

I'm getting total WarZ flashbacks. This happened all over when WarZ claimed they were a more well-rounded game, only they had little gameplay as proof, only a raggedy website and no community of their own either. Which is why the moderators had to stay vigilant to merge all the disguised WarZ threads posted in this general forum.

As of now it doesn't seems like H1Z1 is taking DayZ to the next level, it appears to be an attempt to take WarZ to the next level.

• Like 7

I don't see how the fundamentals of the game are 'broken'. I can play the game just fine with no lag and minimal rubberbanding. That's more than I can say for BF4, for example. And yes, I'm comparing a 'complete' game to an alpha...but Dayz doesn't have nearly as many bugs/broken aspects as BF4 (and its a RELEASED game).

True.

Battlefield is buggy and shitty as hell. SA is already better than BF4 :)

• Like 1

This is just another attempt to sneak in a little H1Z1 advertising on the DayZ general forums. 

Dallas is correct.

There is already a topic designated for H1Z1 - take that discussion there. H1Z1 is not the matter of discussion here.

• Like 1

I've been playing dayz since the first 2 weeks the mod was released, and I have been playing arma 2 probably even before rocket. 

I know what can and can't be done with this engine. As much as the inventory system is amazing, it fits the boundaries of this engine. I know, almost for fact that the zombie animation will never be good, that movement will never be fluid, that hackers will never be blocked.

Just look at the "finished" melee system. It is disgusting,

I knew this before I bought dayz, and my expectations were rock bottom so I wasn't that disappointed. I will still follow the progress of the game, because I have seen it grow from the very start. 

For someone to spit on the game and its engine you sure like to play it a lot. Oh well, some people like misery? :)

True.

Battlefield is buggy and shitty as hell. SA is already better than BF4 :)

Please stop with this nonsense. I play BF4 on a regular basis with no issues. And when I say no issues I mean I my entire play experience is bug free. I love both games but what you are saying is untrue.

Please stop with this nonsense. I play BF4 on a regular basis with no issues. And when I say no issues I mean I my entire play experience is bug free. I love both games but what you are saying is untrue.

No.

Netcode.

Shitty communities ruin games too.

Its hilarious how when similar games come out people have to totally side with one and anyone who plays the other is a "little kid" (D3, POE, TL2)

I love DayZ, but that doesn't mean I absolutely won't try out H1Z1 as well if it seems appealing.

If you think those vids look like shit you are kidding yourself. Sorry.  If both games are going to offer something that keeps me entertained why wouldn't you play it?  So you can flame forums thinking that because you only play DayZ you are some kind of hardcore gaming god?  Nah

Not really concerned with DayZ, its an alpha and a dam good one, if you can read it shouldn't be surprising the way the game is right now.   

Edited by StzA
  • Like 2

No.

Netcode.

The "netcode" problems with BF4 are extremely minor compared with the problem in "netcode" with DayZ SA and are caused primarily by a low tickrate on the server (10hz). Again, I am only saying that there is no way that SA has better hit reg and less rubberbanding than BF4 in its current state.

• Like 4