Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Realistic look, arcade gameplay is the best so no. Pooping would be too much realism in gameplay.

Its bad enough having unforeseen calls of nature when im playing this game and having a few nerve racking moments on the crapper worried about my character being murdered, never mind having to also care for shitting in game. I have to say a HELL NO to pooping in this game!!!!

You need a 3rd, "I don't care" option in your poll.

Realistic look, arcade gameplay is the best so no. Pooping would be too much realism in gameplay.

Arcade gameplay and dayz just do not fit.

The only reason the mod did so well was because of the reaslim. Guns reacted how you expected them to, the mil sim aspects is what set it apart.

Arcade gameplay and dayz just do not fit.

The only reason the mod did so well was because of the reaslim. Guns reacted how you expected them to, the mil sim aspects is what set it apart.

You are right, but just at this state of game developpment. With all features added i hope this game will evolve in other shit than another testosterone rambo simulation :rolleyes:  PAN ! PAN ! YOU ARE DEAD ! So cooooool. okay for some hours, but next, please !

Pooping, peeing, sleeping adds dynamism and deep to the game IMO. That's not arcade, it's realist to take a pee after drinking 4 sodas cans

I would love to catch a player taking a break lol ! I can figure it :D

Edited by Ludz

You are right, but just at this state of game developpment. With all features added i hope this game will evolve in other shit than another testosterone rambo simulation :rolleyes:  PAN ! PAN ! YOU ARE DEAD ! So cooooool. okay for some hours, but next, please !

Test Rambo simulation is exactly what helps prevent the type of gameplay that you seem to fear.

Realistic simulation will make getting killed harder due to the shooting mechanics being much closer to real life, a 200 yard shot will no longer be as simple and easy as it is in game now.

Your character will not magically hold the rifle as steady as a dead person would like he does now, he would have to account for sway, sight alignment, wind, and many other factors.

More arcade elements simply make it easier to KOS.

Test Rambo simulation is exactly what helps prevent the type of gameplay that you seem to fear.

Realistic simulation will make getting killed harder due to the shooting mechanics being much closer to real life, a 200 yard shot will no longer be as simple and easy as it is in game now.

Your character will not magically hold the rifle as steady as a dead person would like he does now, he would have to account for sway, sight alignment, wind, and many other factors.

More arcade elements simply make it easier to KOS.

I'm agree with what you said. But yes, it's my fear this game finally turn on extension of arma 2 or 3 with zombies and not survival like intended cause the community. I blame nobody. It's fun i know to KOs. I ve done sometimes too.

But i'm not sure of what's your opinion on realism. Are you for things can be useless (like pooping) ? I know a game can't be full-realist as it will be unplayable. i don't mind this feature through the developpment process, but, IMO, it would be a nice cool mod LOL It just needs a basic animation, a script to pops up the little message, triggers anims and plays the correct sound. Admit it will be fun !

I think i can bring the sound. Maybe the anim but not the code

Edited by Ludz

I came up with this idea and put it in the universal subconsciousness! Would be cool because toilet paper becomes a HUGE commodity and very important to peoples in game health.

I'm agree with what you said. But yes, it's my fear this game finally turn on extension of arma 2 or 3 with zombies and not survival like intended cause the community. I blame nobody. It's fun i know to KOs. I ve done sometimes too.

But i'm not sure of what's your opinion on realism. Are you for things can be useless (like pooping) ? I know a game can't be full-realist as it will be unplayable. i don't mind this feature through the developpment process, but, IMO, it would be a nice cool mod LOL It just needs a basic animation, a script to pops up the little message, triggers anims and plays the correct sound. Admit it will be fun !

I think i can bring the sound. Maybe the anim but not the code

I am for all aspects of realism that add depth to the game.

Pooping could be one aspect however nobody here is capable of saying if it adds depth or not since nobody has tested it out.

Dayz turning or feeling like arma is not a bad thing also, the game could play and feel like arma aka a good thing + have a super amazing survival core added on top of that.

I don't think anyone would complain if the shooting and player movement were closer to arma 3 that game has what I would call as perfect player control and shooting. The stance system + the buttery good aiming + the lighting system makes for a wonderful experience.

Meh, sure. I'm game.

Yeah, it'll be used for trolling and BS left and right, it also will have the capability of the previously mentioned illness spreading and other consequences. In the end in my opinion any and everything they are willing to add, I say dig in and go for it; the whole deal. From taking a piss for relief (or to defecate a newly made corpse) to sex or even torture; animated or not really makes no little to no difference so long as the underlining requirement is met - that it adds another layer to the survival mechanic that justifies it's existence in making a more realistic experience even if an uncomfortable one at first glance.

The shock factor, even if they went full on HOLY *#*@ animated.. no pun intended.. would wear off in mere hours, not days or weeks. Furthermore be boring after only a few days; to the point of being aggravatingly stupid - if there wasn't a noticeable reason for it that was engaging and meaningful; in my mind at least I'm content to lean toward the imagination of DayZ with the Amnesia's sanity feature when the thought of character interactions come into play, having the characters appear to be chatting normally, relaxing, actually appear to be cooking, eating, even sleeping though in a fast forward nature of 5-10 minutes and when logging out have the character appear to lay down and fall asleep during the combat-logging time, or on the other side of the coin, murder, lack of interaction, torture, all of which creating sanity or insanity at it's worst swaying slightly, bugs crawling about, on your skin when you look on yourself; hear noises that aren't there, fall down in panic when under pressure and trying to react to quickly. It could be made worthwhile, or it could be made an annoyance; all depends on how it's handled.

On the obvious big issue most point out...

Would-be pixel rape and outright torture animated would turn DayZ into a fetish simulator, even in a text based nature of just another bar to maintain scares some .. but to me, well, it might right up until well, the realization it's just a game.. and the people who drop in playing brutal bandits get shot in the face by upstanding citizens; gotta admit, the thought of hunting a would-be  torturer is actually rather appealing; having people make a name for themselves as outright scum and then the satisfaction of putting such people up on a firing line.

But then again I'm not one to take any of it to seriously, it has a off switch and anyone who plays the villains will need tough skin or avoid listening to public opinions of them. Whom someone plays in a game isn't who they are in the real world, plenty of the a-holes you run into strangely end up being rather polite individuals in the real world, plenty of the polite one's can't control their temper when on the spot in the real world, and equally so those that just dive into a game to immerse themselves and try to think and react as someone else would, not as they naturally would. 

So point being, if they give any realistic feature a meaningful reason to exist, a mechanic that you can clearly see the negative and positive results to your actions, I'd not mind it in the least, any other way and it'll likely just become a chore that's shock value became null in such a short time to not warrant it's existence in the first place.

Yet another reason people will go pantless...

"Dont wear pants noob this way you can crap faster while doing NWAF run "

" dont wear pants just take a piss and crap while running let it run down your leg."

I dont think it would be a good idea to add it cause it will detract from gameplay. If you have to crap and piss as much as you eat then thus gonna be the SIMS...make character sleep shower eat spend remaining 10% of your playing time doing what you like....

I am also not pqtricularlly fond of watching people take a crap and would not enjoy staring at that multiple times a day...

Yet another reason people will go pantless...

"Dont wear pants noob this way you can crap faster while doing NWAF run "

" dont wear pants just take a piss and crap while running let it run down your leg."

I dont think it would be a good idea to add it cause it will detract from gameplay. If you have to crap and piss as much as you eat then thus gonna be the SIMS...make character sleep shower eat spend remaining 10% of your playing time doing what you like....

I am also not pqtricularlly fond of watching people take a crap and would not enjoy staring at that multiple times a day...

Funnily enough my post was with the mindset of Sims but a specific thought in mind that it was only plausible depending on how it was accomplished. Your version is unappealing, however, but anyone can turn -any- concept of a feature to sound like it'd take away all the fun time and just be drab and boring, done right any realistic feature could be entertaining. As an example, you could say you want a skinning feature for hunting animals along with the cooking, and don't forget seasoning! Nay I'd retort! It'd take FOREVER! I'd be constantly hunting, and skinning, and god knows the cooking would suck away all my time, and finding the proper mixture of seasoning.. I'd never have any fun and get to do what I want!

.. but.. of course.. that's not how it'd go if it were put in, it can be balanced in a way it still comes across as realistic enough, even though the game won't require you need any experience in what to remove when skinning and gutting an specific animal and neither will it have to take the same amount of time it normally would, and in the process made entertaining, and not be a god awful time-sink.

As a simple no real effort put in concept, you only have a generalized "bladder" to monitor; about once every six (real life) hours spent in the game do you actually ever have to relieve it; doing so would have be done tastefully, if not censored at least have the animation not be anything particularly vulgar it's just 'getting the job done' and in turn the potential to spread illnesses comes into play, a sense of lost moral for staying in a place that is well - literally - disgusting, in turn effecting potential future features as sanity; kept up by conversing with others, maintaining friendships (being in the vicinity of someone you've been around in the past with your current character), or lowered for murdering (which is in itself a beast to really get done right and not be punished for defending yourself against bandits or the like.) ... even to the point when the building / controlled zones feature is released that allows you to create a home base of sorts, keeping the place clean and not relieving yourself all over your own home becomes a partial priority. 

I could spend a couple hours coming up with deep details of this and that, creating an addition that'd be intense not as a singular thing (eg. bladder) but as a whole when all the features are put together. But.. not my job. It's got potential in my opinion though.

Edited by AzrailCross
  • Like 1

Yes I want pooping and peeing and farting when eating beans which also can also give away your position to zombies and humans. There should be human needs, as there is Eating and Drinking, there should also be Pooping and Peeing (non graphical) and masturbation for sexual needs (also non graphical ofcourse)

well done. appearantly this thread was taken serious by the devs.

In game everything should be free we could take all clothes off and can run naked. If its not possible to take off pants at least we shoudl able to take off that white tshirt .. Also of course I want pooping, pissing, vomitting in game it will make game more realistic and if we could grab our shits and throw, it will be very funny.

Hell yeah!! With all the beans we eat in this game it should eventually come out sometime. More realism the better, Im all in:D. Also make us able to have sex with the female characters ingame, that would be fun, imagine stumbling upon 2 lovebirds in the woods and catch them with their pance down unable to defend themselves, oh man that would be awsome..

Edited by Kaboki

RuOdKH7.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah I was on the ground for 45 minutes after I saw that picture

Hell yeah!! With all the beans we eat in this game it should eventually come out sometime. More realism the better, Im all in:D. Also make us able to have sex with the female characters ingame, that would be fun, imagine stumbling upon 2 lovebirds in the woods and catch them with their pance down unable to defend themselves, oh man that would be awsome..

So you want rape?

So you want rape?

Don't give me more great ideas :D , why not, it would fit perfectly into this gritty athmosphere of surviving an apocolypse, allthough I think that wouldn't happen because then I think BI would have a hard time getting this game published....But if possible YES. And also eating humans(cannibalism) would be great, then I would start a crazy sect picking up fresh spawns and kidnap them with hancuffs and burlap sack and take them into the dark woods for a weird ritual before slaying them and eat them..Muhahahahaha. (Im not a rapist cannibal in real life, just one that see more possibilities of great roleplay and make Dayz even more scary, movies have it why not video games?)

Edited by Kaboki

well done. appearantly this thread was taken serious by the devs.

why do you say that?

I think it should be in the game but not as some other way to grief, just another element for survival. So if you're camping in a building all day, killing everyone who comes through the door and sitting in your own shit, you'll become sick. It would add a new layer of depth to the game, you'd have to actually think things through before going on long journeys or going to PvP. You could be in the middle of an intense firefight and suddenly you feel something in the pit of your very being stirring, do you brass neck it and take a shit right there, leaving yourself open? Or do you hold it in and hope you don't shit your bridges, ruining your pants and risking infection?

I think it could work. Sure, some people will be immature children about it and use it as a new way to teabag, but people teabag anyway, so why not make them vulnerable when they do it? Once you pop you just can't stop, if you will.

why do you say that?

because there's a sight that leaks dayz stuff and it said that there is already a poo model ingame.

because there's a sight that leaks dayz stuff and it said that there is already a poo model ingame.

This thread was started on account of the information about those models (as well as the pooping animation linked somewhere as well), so no, this thread is not the reason.