Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

I've not checked the thread, but has there been a discussion on whether shitting would be possible in 3PP. After all, which dev wants to do that animation?

There are several links to the actual animation (in 3PP) in this thread. So it has been done, and I guess to answer your question: "Enough, it seems".

There are several links to the actual animation (in 3PP) in this thread. So it has been done, and I guess to answer your question: "Enough, it seems".

In 1PP I hope the animation, if included, is coupled with the bandage sound.. ;)

Gross? That's "GROSS" to you? What are you, 12?

Nothing gross about that. Like, lmao.

What a bunch of prudes. You're playing murder simulator, where you can force feed people poison, blow their brains out, kill yourself via suicide animations, vomit and eventually get to EAT people. But a natural bodily function where you don't even see them semi nude is gross because the character cop'd a squat?

The fuck is wrong with you people?

The fact that you don't find it gross makes me question your mental stability, honestly.

For the record I'm against suicide animations and cannibalism as well. None of these features are necessary.

The fact that you don't find it gross makes me question your mental stability, honestly.

For the record I'm against suicide animations and cannibalism as well. None of these features are necessary.

Because I don't find VIRTUAL poop gross my mental stability is called into question? 

Sorry i'm not a little bitch and dont find things such as this incredibly detrimental to ones psyche. It's VIRTUAL POOP. IT'S NOT REAL. IT'S A SERIES OF 0's and 1's and modelled poop.

But since that doesn't bother me i'm the fucked up one? Sorry my friend you seem to have the emotional problem.

Because I don't find VIRTUAL poop gross my mental stability is called into question?

Sorry i'm not a little bitch and dont find things such as this incredibly detrimental to ones psyche. It's VIRTUAL POOP. IT'S NOT REAL. IT'S A SERIES OF 0's and 1's and modelled poop.

But since that doesn't bother me i'm the fucked up one? Sorry my friend you seem to have the emotional problem.

Thank you for proving my point. ;)

Thank you for proving my point. ;)

So, what your stating is that you're a troll. That was well received.

Edited by Daemonkid

Hello there

Calm it down, Dont insult eachother.

Rgds

LoK

You don't need poop to contaminate a water supply. Once they implement hunting, you kill a raccoon or some other small animal and toss its decomposing body into a pond/well. It requires more effort than just popping a squat and shooting out the tactical bacon you ate 2 hours before.

I bet you we will be able to poop in a well but we wont be able to posion it, or contaminate it with corpses

Well, if they're going for realism of that scale, when I blow someones knee out with a magnum, that kneecap better be gone forever

Well, if they're going for realism of that scale, when I blow someones knee out with a magnum, that kneecap better be gone forever

^This

And unless were in an area with high end "working" medical equipment there is no coming back from that kind of damage.

Edited by Deathlove

So, why does this particular feature make it either/or for every other single feature in this game?

So, why does this particular feature make it either/or for every other single feature in this game?

Because people are very vocal brats. If they don't like something they compare it to something that has nothing to do with the main point.

"WELL IF THERE IS POOPING! WE MIGHT AS WELL ADD RAPE!IT'S THE NEXT LOGICAL CONCLUSION!"

• Like 2

It doesn't, but I would like to think that there will be some form of consistency if you're going to crank the realism up to that sort of level.

I just don't think it would feel right if you have to take into account taking a dump and getting a cold in bad weather, but when you get shot with a long barrel gun a splint or an injection and you're right as rain. Realistically, if you hit a joint with with a bullet from anything other than the .22's, the socket would be ruined and you wouldn't be using it again.

Anyway, this is just imho

EDIT:

Because people are very vocal brats. If they don't like something they compare it to something that has nothing to do with the main point.

"WELL IF THERE IS POOPING! WE MIGHT AS WELL ADD RAPE!IT'S THE NEXT LOGICAL CONCLUSION!"

That escalated quickly lol

Edited by tinroofer

Well which do you want more? To be shat on or rapped? lol

It doesn't, but I would like to think that there will be some form of consistency if you're going to crank the realism up to that sort of level.

I just don't think it would feel right if you have to take into account taking a dump and getting a cold in bad weather, but when you get shot with a long barrel gun a splint or an injection and you're right as rain. Realistically, if you hit a joint with with a bullet from anything other than the .22's, the socket would be ruined and you wouldn't be using it again.

Anyway, this is just imho

I must admit I still don't see the connection. And keep in mind that the damage and health system is nowhere near final implementation, so what it will evolve into in the future is a bit of an esoteric discussion at this point.

I must admit I still don't see the connection. And keep in mind that the damage and health system is nowhere near final implementation, so what it will evolve into in the future is a bit of an esoteric discussion at this point.

Well, I suppose technically there really is no connection between those two specific features, but I thought it would illustrate my thinking on the realism aspect of things generally speaking, and true enough on the damage and health system.

Its just that when you have one aspect of the game thats so realistic - like the need to defecate which you won't see in practically any other game - and others that are far less realistic like the ability to morph out broken limbs on demand, I just think it muddles the overall realism of the entire game. But hey, thats just me.

See these kinds of things are why we need the suicide option. I don't care what they do but id rather do the quick bullet to the brain than to sit there and have to watch what there doing unfold.

How was this irrelevant, games need to be fun, if you are having fun by taking a virtual dump, there is something wrong with you.

There is nothing wrong with him. DayZ is more than just a game as you mentioned in another topic. Everyone should be able to do what they want. If pooping disturbs you, don't do it or idk, do it as little as required, it doesnt take a piece off you. The Game can never have too many features. Pooping is just a feature. Why to make a hate speech? Maybe some people want it to be added. 

• Like 1

I'm against, but if they do add it I want two things:

1) Ability to pick up turds and throw them.

2) Combine it with a stick to make a weapon. It won't do much damage but whatever clothing it hits will be instantly ruined.

Edited by NexDemise
  • Like 1

You are playing the wrong Alpha.

IMO all these should be just optional things that people can do. Just to enhance immersion. Like in fallout3 and Fallout: new vegas, you could be a cannibal if you wanted, and actually got some new options for doing so (meat of champions, anyone?) however none of them should be forced on the player. Don't like suicide animations? disable them in a menu. Don't like taking a dump? don't do it. Don't like cannibalism? Don't do it. it should be a balance of player choice and fun. wanto run around pantless and beat some one to death with a bat then make sandwiches out of their corpse and have them for thanksgiving dinner (don't forget the stuffing! no giblets though please)? have at it bud!

What exactly does shitting add to the game? As far as I can tell, it doesn't add anything except 'realism'. Will there be a wiping mechanic? Perhaps wiping could be a minigame.

Water supplies should be contaminated by corpses, not by shit. I mean, what's next? How about constipation, increasing your shitting timer by five minutes? You could negate constipation with tinned curry. Don't forget pissing. Will players have to drop trou? Maybe a good tactic would be to run around without trousers on so we don't have to go through the unzipping animation.

As far as I can tell a shitting mechanic has no merit.

Even if feces was a disease mechanic, there are plenty of other ways to do get disease into a game that would be more appealing to players. For example, hospitals have all kinds of things in them but you never see a biohazard bin which definitely would be found on the premises somewhere that you can take disease ridden things from. The game already has rotten food which would accomplish similar things as well, so why must the devs add something that is going to be so readily available and life threatening in every characters hind quarters.

I know people talk about immersion and I have to agree, immersion is always something to push for in a game. However, getting the player as close to being part of the game as possible by using feces to do it is not the right way. It's going to turn more people off from the game more than anything. Sure you can argue that they aren't adult enough to separate the game and reality but I would argue that the reason why everything in the game so far is okay to players is because people don't do it in every day life (searching for food, killing, scouting towns, etc). It's exciting, it's new, and its a way to explore yourself on how far you will go whether you realize it or not. However, everyone is familiar with taking a crap and I will go out on a limb here, most people find it disgusting but we do it because it's how life works.

so, that said, why would anyone want to simulate something so foul and know full well what it is like?

Edited by Thaeggan