SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I heard that theyre fixing the rubberbanding on monday 

I heard that theyre fixing the rubberbanding on monday

For real? Sounds like a complete news to those following this thread!!

• Like 3

For real? Sounds like a complete news to those following this thread!!

:))))))))) Good post!

Finally I was able to hop on the experimental train. Wanted to chop down all the trees, but got stopped by KoS when searching for a new axe. The axe seems to degrade when chopping trees. That is cool. Does anybody know if the chopped trees are only client side or if everyone can see it. We should chop a whole forrest and make many fireplaces until the night has become day.   :)

• Like 1

If only chopping down trees made a large BANG when it fell, as it doesn't seem to. That would attract zombies and make you think twice before axing nature three metres from Cherno. Maybe in a future update spiles will be added and you can tap them into trees to get water.

• Like 2

If only chopping down trees made a large BANG when it fell, as it doesn't seem to. That would attract zombies and make you think twice before axing nature three metres from Cherno. Maybe in a future update spiles will be added and you can tap them into trees to get water.

No, it does not. And I chopped many. Bushes seem to make noises. Now if we could smash all the things, that would be nice. Maybe that will come in the future. Imagine those ducking snipers when the building under their ass crumbles from explosives.  :)

... Now if we could smash all the things, that would be nice. Maybe that will come in the future. Imagine those ducking snipers when the building under their ass crumbles from explosives.  :)

I've seen video where a hack user with unlimited ammo was taking down walls in electro with an M4 so at least the walls are currently destructible but they do take a lot of ammo - satchels will make a monster difference tho.

I've seen video where a hack user with unlimited ammo was taking down walls in electro with an M4 so at least the walls are currently destructible but they do take a lot of ammo - satchels will make a monster difference tho.

video pls.

Finally I was able to hop on the experimental train. Wanted to chop down all the trees, but got stopped by KoS when searching for a new axe. The axe seems to degrade when chopping trees. That is cool. Does anybody know if the chopped trees are only client side or if everyone can see it. We should chop a whole forrest and make many fireplaces until the night has become day.   :)

I think everyone can seem them, not 100% sure, however when I was travelling along near Elektro i saw a few fallen trees that someone else must have cut down.

video pls.

This is the vid ... bunch of kids with hack tho

Not sure if its ok for me to post this here.

Edited by Mallette

Steam just downloaded a 5mb patch.

Could this be it?

Can't test right now.

Is that like a placeholder destruction animation for in future? Guess it's kinda cool but such a waste of ammo if you're playing legit.
I sure hope you can't knock down a wall with an M4 either, wooden fences and doors yeah.

Imagine how awesome it would be if they let you lock doors and shoot the locks out to burst in, you could claim it as your own fort for a while...

Maybe even a small chance of a skeleton key being in a police station, as well as some naturally locked buildings with decent loot drops.

That would be cool if the key(s) stayed with the server.

EDIT so if this update works fine how long before it's on stable, couple of days or more?

Edited by UltimateGentleman

I think everyone can seem them, not 100% sure, however when I was travelling along near Elektro i saw a few fallen trees that someone else must have cut down.

Everyone can see them, a friend who was the first in our group to get an axe while playing had the honour of chopping down the first tree. We all screamed when the tree fell on her, thinking she'd be dead. If only a tree falling noise was there to add to it..

• Like 1

The most current update (.45) is a FPS decrease. Presumably something to do with what the server is doing rather than my PC as I can get my card and CPU both running at less than 100% and it's still lagging.

Cant chop down tree in the new exp ... is it just me ?

Hmmm after playing for about 2 hours i cant chop tree and i cant find any new items ... falre, akm, fishing hook etc. M4 parts are also really easy to find now (not only at chopper crash site like last week)

Edited by Mallette

Seems my inventory has a blue light effect on everything. Could kinda see it on my character's chin shadows but could see it a decent bit more when inspecting my shoes.

10440912_10152506583549791_3714646180641

• Like 1

Seems my inventory has a blue light effect on everything. Could kinda see it on my character's chin shadows but could see it a decent bit more when inspecting my shoes.

10440912_10152506583549791_3714646180641

same 4 me , can u chop down tree ? or did you find the akm ?

Blue light on my screen as well. And it just ctd after server restart and rejoin.

No rubberbanding anymore though.

• Like 1

same 4 me , can u chop down tree ? or did you find the akm ?

Haven't been able to find a server that had access to my old character, so I guess I'll have to search for an axe again. Not seen an akm yet either, but will have a look around for that and chopping trees