SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

So is there any rubber banding on experimental or did they fix this with last wednesdays maintenance?

These character resets are getting quite annoying, going from fully geared with 20 fish fillets full orel outfit and pimped akm to a bitch with a flashlight is starting to get on my nerves

on experimental? thats because not all servers are in the hive. If you get reset hop to a different server and you should have it back. For me , all the UK ones were not hiving, but US/ Australian ones were fine and remembered my gear

So is there any rubber banding on experimental or did they fix this with last wednesdays maintenance?

Rubberbanding has not been fixed yet...they are rewriting the method that causes it.

• Like 1

Only if it's not prepared properly.

If you kill a deer, cut out it's heart and devour it all that might happen is you'll get a bit sick because you're not used to it. Cooking isn't part of our DNA we've not evolved to need it we just prefer it.

So long as the animal in question isn't diseased it would be fine.

That's another thing they could do add in the occasional ill animal, maybe they could have a different character model that you need to look at carefully.

So you could have hunted the thing for a while, finally took it out with your only bullet and then find out the meat is no good, would make for some interesting gameplay.

when we talk about dna

even a spear is not a part of our DNA. naturaly we cant kill a deer.naturaly we search for suggar. thats why we see in colors. and thats why red is so attractive.and so on. you can find many more monkeystuff in our dna XD

Might be better looking for Ash wood sticks ;)

Whatever, can't find them either.  Where the heck are they hiding???

Rubberbanding seems to be worse since Monday in my opinion . I don't know if it's just my bad luck but before Monday I hardly had any rubberbanding , now I constantly get stuck in the police stations because the rb is so bad ... And this is on US as well which should be better (unless ping doesn't really affect it at all) . But UK servers are probably the worst for me , or so they seem .

^Yep, you can find them there, and you can also chop down an ashwood tree for them. 

Ashwood trees look like this (with white-ish bark):

ashwood-tree.jpg

Edit: I guess they can also look like this (though I usually just find one of the white bark trees):

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296945368939384875/1FA56FF83E1B63A9A149D9EE80FB0FA25622D244/

Get dat fishing and archery on my friend! As soon as this patch hits stable, i'm massing together a large group of people with bows and arrows running around in their underwear.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 2

Whatever, can't find them either.  Where the heck are they hiding???

They look like a chicken hut, with a small roof being held up on the side of it, See this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRDy9sckunQ

I always look in those huts and I haven't seen one spawn in there in over a month. I haven't seen anything in there in a long time I think actually. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Best option is to chop down one of these specific trees for ashwood sticks though. They seem pretty plentiful around the new place Novod

ashwood-tree.jpg

Edit: I see the info was posted above, boo, slow Irish internet, my bad

Edit: I guess they can also look like this (though I usually just find one of the white bark trees):

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296945368939384875/1FA56FF83E1B63A9A149D9EE80FB0FA25622D244/

Get dat fishing and archery on my friend! As soon as this patch hits stable, i'm massing together a large group of people with bows and arrows running around in their underwear.

I think I've tried cutting down those trees before but never got an ashwood stick during my crazy search for the correct tree near NWAF where I didn't find one for days of searching.

Edited by Racket
  • Like 1

I always look in those huts and I haven't seen one spawn in there in over a month. I haven't seen anything in there in a long time I think actually. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

I think I've tried cutting down those trees before but never got an ashwood stick during my crazy search for the correct tree near NWAF where I didn't find one for days of searching.

Probably just unlucky. I found one in one of those huts the other day.

Good to know. I'll just keep locating the white bark trees then. I've never personally pulled ashwood sticks from the darker bark trees either. Just wood and regular sticks.

I rubber banded bad coming out of the police station in Gorka about 3-4 times.  On the last time, it rubber banded me back into the unenterable room on the second floor above the front entrance.  Now I'm stuck :(.  Looks like that's the end of my experimental time for now....I wish there was a suicide option with a .22 sportster lol.

Alot of the time with EXP i've noticed when you select a server to join, you end up joining a different server.

• Like 1

Don't know about anyone else but fishing is incredibly relaxing in-game. Was on a server at night-time in the middle of the wilderness & instead of cranking gamma & finding somewhere to hold up, I found a little pond & fished until the daylight.

Also, not sure if anyone else has said it, but you need to close DayZ everytime you leave a server. I've noticed that if you get session lost, a server restart, whatever & then you try to either join the same server, or another one, the game crashes. If you exit it yourself (it usually crashes anyways) & then open DayZ up again, it's fine.

• Like 1

I rubber banded bad coming out of the police station in Gorka about 3-4 times.  On the last time, it rubber banded me back into the unenterable room on the second floor above the front entrance.  Now I'm stuck :(.  Looks like that's the end of my experimental time for now....I wish there was a suicide option with a .22 sportster lol.

A buddy of mine had the same issue, said there was a video on YouTube that showed how to get out & it worked. Not sure what it's called, nor do I have a link, but have a look & it might pop up. He spent 3 days in there before he found the video :)

• Like 2

A buddy of mine had the same issue, said there was a video on YouTube that showed how to get out & it worked. Not sure what it's called, nor do I have a link, but have a look & it might pop up. He spent 3 days in there before he found the video :)

Thanks man...I finally made it out.  did it by just sprinting at the door and spamming 'v'   I actually got out 5 times, each time as soon as I made it 3 feet out of the police station it rubber banded me back.  Finally, I got out, logged out and I'm now hoping that I should be straight now.   Talk about frustrating.

With this update i think the increased movement speed with a weapon is rubbish.

Now quite everyone runs with  a weapon on their hands, and they sacrifice a little bit of speed by having at least a weapon on their hands.

This means is nearly impossible to ambush someone with a weapon and handcuff him, or just having an human contact.

The Kill on sight with no reason percentage increase, this because of being scared to meet someone with a weapon on their hands and  aiming.

Raw meat isn't natural to stuff your face with at all, it can give you major food poisoning.

I think steak tatar is more common in England and France. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

Here in Germany (I think more in the north) there is Mett, I absolutely love it, even though it's not common where I live and I have it only seldomly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett

So we can eat horse, cow and even pig. It just needs to be fresh. You might get sick (not a real illness, just your body trying to get rid of it), if you eat too much, I think the problem is (as written before) that it's harder to digest.

on experimental? thats because not all servers are in the hive. If you get reset hop to a different server and you should have it back. For me , all the UK ones were not hiving, but US/ Australian ones were fine and remembered my gear

For me it is not clear what servers are on what hive or if they are simply their own hive. When simply trying to get onto one and trying the complete list, I all of a sudden got my char from 5 servers before. Try to always get on the same server - not that that isn't annoying to do, too.

Edited by bautschi

So the bow that you can craft works now right ? Like , you can shoot bandits in the throat Robin Hood style now right ?

With this update i think the increased movement speed with a weapon is rubbish.

Now quite everyone runs with  a weapon on their hands, and they sacrifice a little bit of speed by having at least a weapon on their hands.

This means is nearly impossible to ambush someone with a weapon and handcuff him, or just having an human contact.

The Kill on sight with no reason percentage increase, this because of being scared to meet someone with a weapon on their hands and  aiming.

I like it because it's stupid how it used to make you like half as fast, taking a gun out wouldn't magically make you heavier and thus slower and they're not that hard to carry.

But yeah it sucks because now bambi's will have a harder time running away from bandits since they can almost keep up, stop then shoot you where before you'd be like 300m away in seconds and could just zig zag to avoid gunfire which would also take some aiming at that range now anyone with an M4 can shoot a runner in typical pew pew pew fashion.

So the bow that you can craft works now right ? Like , you can shoot bandits in the throat Robin Hood style now right ?

Yes it does and yes you can, but be sure to dodge their return fire from the AKM which they have probably looted from the last guy they met (especially if you miss :)

I think steak tatar is more common in England and France. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

Here in Germany (I think more in the north) there is Mett, I absolutely love it, even though it's not common where I live and I have it only seldomly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett

So we can eat horse, cow and even pig. It just needs to be fresh. You might get sick (not a real illness, just your body trying to get rid of it), if you eat too much, I think the problem is (as written before) that it's harder to digest.

For me it is not clear what servers are on what hive or if they are simply their own hive. When simply trying to get onto one and trying the complete list, I all of a sudden got my char from 5 servers before. Try to always get on the same server - not that that isn't annoying to do, too.

we say Beef tartare here in Austria!  i love this!

what i came across in my testing regarding hives:

the SE and EU Servers share 1 hive!

ist slightly different with the UK Servers!  when i join this Servers i mostly get a fresh spawn saying "Scene ready" in the bottom left Corner!   on the DAL Servers i also have the hive from SE and EU!

also   SE Servers seem to be a lot more stable than EU Servers !.....