SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

found the sticks and ropes, but no hook. the only one i found was ruined. :(

Anyone who got a hook and wants to trade? ^^

Nice. You used rags to create a fireplace, paper (that can now be ripped out of books) works, too. Do bandages work? Has anyone tried to use a gas stove to ignite the fire instead of matches? That way you could save gas or simply use a fireplace, if you have no pan or pot yet...

i've not tried yet but i don't think bandages works. I'm gonna try and let you know

Bandages work. But it takes the whole bandage.

Edited by Owltalktoyou
  • Like 1

i doubt there will be a stable push until they have fixed the server loads in the exp. maybe they fix the rubberbanding on exp today, and then go for the stable push.

64 Bit Multicore Servers are the holy grail of fixing a lot of stuff, hope we will see them soon.

Edited by Sloddor

Negative, do not eat the raw meat! I killed a character a couple of days ago by doing it. Cooking is very easy but you have to watch it. Seriously, the window between cooked and burnt is very short, perhaps 15 seconds?

Seriously? That's pretty lame you can eat raw meat just fine, it's natural.

I hope they change that in future.

If you get sick from eating raw meat, treat it with charcoal tablets or ask for help from the trusted medics.

i doubt there will be a stable push until they have fixed the server loads in the exp. maybe they fix the rubberbanding on exp today, and then go for the stable push.

64 Bit Multicore Servers are the holy grail of fixing a lot of stuff, hope we will see them soon.

I think they have a lot of work to fix rubber-banding on experimental, they have to redesign the system. It will take some time and I don't think we'll see the 0.45 stable update this month.

If you get sick from eating raw meat, treat it with charcoal tablets or ask for help from the trusted medics.

Yeah I know what to do but raw meat shouldn't make people ill cooking just makes meat tasty you don't need to cook it it's just something humans learned to do at one point, before that we ate meat raw so it shouldn't result in illness outright.

On the bright side though this means KoS people will have less space for ammo since they'll need a stove and/or firewood etc to survive in future and to take a break from killing bambi's to go hunt.

I must say so long as they reduce the amount of canned food to find I love this hunting, it gives you a nice objective once you get fully geared there's not a lot left to do except kill or help people, now exploration is fun and provides rewards.

• Like 1

Yeah I know what to do but raw meat shouldn't make people ill cooking just makes meat tasty you don't need to cook it it's just something humans learned to do at one point, before that we ate meat raw so it shouldn't result in illness outright.

On the bright side though this means KoS people will have less space for ammo since they'll need a stove and/or firewood etc to survive in future and to take a break from killing bambi's to go hunt.

I must say so long as they reduce the amount of canned food to find I love this hunting, it gives you a nice objective once you get fully geared there's not a lot left to do except kill or help people, now exploration is fun and provides rewards.

raw meat can make you sick. because the digestion need to much energy.you must sleep alot. fire have help us to digest our meal faster than other animals. so we are awake when they are asleep ;) enough energy for the brain and enough time to evolve

• Like 2

UG is correct, humans can consume raw meat so long as it is fresh.  Once meat gets handled (hamburger) it tends to grow dangerous bacteria and that is why it must be cooked.  All the said, it is SAFER to eat cooked meat for many reasons, some of which can be attributed to characteristics similar to those found in raw pork, turkey etc.

I believe they are planning on adding salmonella poisoning into the game mechanics for eating particular RAW meat.

No vehicles?

Are you Serious Stan ?

Anyhow, I've noticed a lot less rubber banding today, full server with mate in zelnogorsk, everything to promote rubber banding but it only happened once to me and twice to my mate.

Hicks thinks I'm on funny pills but I swear it's true, no rubber banding for me today.

Anybody else ?

Are you Serious Stan ?

Anyhow, I've noticed a lot less rubber banding today, full server with mate in zelnogorsk, everything to promote rubber banding but it only happened once to me and twice to my mate.

Hicks thinks I'm on funny pills but I swear it's true, no rubber banding for me today.

Anybody else ?

Im not joking no, i will be playing SA as soon as vehilces come i promise:)

Experimental is for us to learn and explore.  To the retards who KoS no matter what, please keep it in stable.  

Within 30 seconds of my first spawn in experimental I was shot on sight.  Between that and rubberbanding its going to be a really slow process.

Im not joking no, i will be playing SA as soon as vehilces come i promise:)

Well hope it will be worth the wait

• Like 1

Well hope it will be worth the wait

i hope they will never add vihicles :)

i think it will destroy the atmosphere of the game how it is and there is no running simulator like this game out there atm..:)

• Like 1

Are you Serious Stan ?

Anybody else ?

I've never had it all that bad. Maybe once every couple of hours. My friends have had it worse, though I have had my moments, particularly when it took 10 minutes to get out of the graveyard in Svetlo. Will have a play in a minute and have a run around there to see if some magic they don't know about has happened.

You guys keep mergin the threads here, which is nice, but is there actually an answer why we can't see the exp servers?

You guys keep mergin the threads here, which is nice, but is there actually an answer why we can't see the exp servers?

There are maybe twenty (20), I have not taken the time to make the exact count.

Reset your filters to default (I assume you have opted into beta).

Click on the Hive or Version tab in the browser once the list is complete.

Done all that, still can't see them... hm. weird. i'll try a complete reinstall.

Hate the rubberbanding when you leave a police station and then rubberband back into the upstairs room that you can't get out of.... only way to die is wait for hunger.... needs to be a way to kill yourself with an axe or gun...though I am out of bullets... someone please come shoot me. Can't even throw my gear out the window.....ahhhhhh