SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

they were up just a bit after maintenance, but they went down allot on me rather randomly 3 or so times (server resets), then i just took a break after that - there's 3 i can see still full

Edited by tiadashi

Same exp client version but higher version exp server is open and unlocked. Havnt been able to get in as it is full... Anyone else??

LMAO, so I got in, there was a hand in my face...my hand, I pressed one of the F keys to see if it was a facepalm animation and now I am stuck in the handcuffed position and cant move. Can someone please blow my brains out.....

Annnnnnnd n.m a zombie luckily found me. 

Edited by VictorM

Watching a streamer playing EXP right now and there seems to be an animation to melee people while holding guns now. Use for bayonets incoming?

Edit: He also mentioned finding an AK earlier in the stream. Could it be true?

Edited by Nails

How is it possible to play on exp server where the server has a different version than the client?? Wouldnt you as the client not have the dependencies needed? The AK model, the animations, textures, and sounds?? I dont know.....

SO after about 15 minutes I have come to the conclusion we arent actually suppose to be playing right now lol. Some very strange things happen when client and server versions are mismatched, animation bugs galore, more rubberbanding than ever and my first client crash ever. lol Ill wait till its official. 

Edited by VictorM

How is it possible to play on exp server where the server has a different version than the client?? Wouldnt you as the client not have the dependencies needed? The AK model, the animations, textures, and sounds?? I dont know.....

I think they have been hidden in the files on the client side and whatever makes the version different is on the server side. That's the only thing I can think of at least.

Hicks tweeted yesterday night that he doesn't believe we'll see a new experimental version (a proper one) today, but it will happen soon.

So, if not today, probably and hopefully this week anyway (I think that because he wrote "not tomorrow, I don't believe", probably meaning that they are very close even if not yet ready).

Well now there are several, almost 5 servers up with the version 124019. All full. I, and I assume everyone else has version 123906 since nothing has been pushed on Steam.

Really weird if you ask me. All I know if it isnt meant to be played with two different versions. The game was acting waaaaay to wacky. 

Edited by VictorM

There's a new knockout animation as well. The guy punched his friend and they fell backwards onto their ass.

• Like 2

There's a new knockout animation as well. The guy punched his friend and they fell backwards onto their ass.

Whos the streamer?

Name is DopeyZero I think. I think stable is coming back up because the people he is playing with are switching back. All the big name DayZ streamers are playing other games atm. I wish more streamers would focus on experimental, but it seems that it would be a pain to deal with the extra bugs.

• Rubberbanding is much worse than it was yesterday.
  • Servers aren´t able to connect to the hive so you start with a default character each time you connect.
  • There`s an animation for knockout but other animations seam to be broken. Whenever I bandage myself, drink or eat something the char sits, lays down, walks, walks over a fence... Sometimes it get stucked after all this lying on the side. All you can do is reconnect.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257266211

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257266415

Twice I saw this after reconnect:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257266387

Edited by Wilberfoss
  • Like 2

Just grow a pair ;)

as the saying goes, unconscious wife, happy life

• Like 2

• Rubberbanding is much worse than it was yesterday.
  • Servers aren´t able to connect to the hive so you start with a default character each time you connect.
  • There`s an animation for knockout but other animations seam to be broken. Whenever I bandage myself, drink or eat something the char sits, lays down, walks, walks over a fence... Sometimes it get stucked after all this lying on the side. All you can do is reconnect.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257266211

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257266415

Twice I saw this after reconnect:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257266387

dude, this was all because the servers were under maintenance......

dude, this was all because the servers were under maintenance......

Maintenance on experimental branch? What are you talking about?

Maintenance on experimental branch? What are you talking about?

yes.....the maintenance on all branches, every wednesday....

Looks like the M9 with its foreskin pulled back.

lol, thats basically what it is

So what you trying to say is:There`s some kind of automatism in maintenance. Stable goes down during it while experimental goes up and suffers several bugs. You´re probably right.

So what you trying to say is:There`s some kind of automatism in maintenance. Stable goes down during it while experimental goes up and suffers several bugs. You´re probably right.

no, they both go down.  The servers that show on the list arent connected to the main hive, so problems happen until maintenance is complete.  It's kind of been stated a lot

• Like 1

First time I read about that. So thanks for the news. ;)

no problem

PB sucks balls right now.  There are some things about it that is nice, but there are many broken systems.  The hostage system for example is retarded.   People can just run past you can somehow wrapped your hands in duct tape.  Theres no animation time for it.  There are literally a bunch of hunters that stalk people and then run around them like fucking idiots spamming the hostage key, without even taking out their weapon, and then they hatchet you to death.  The game has less problems with server and engine etc, but some of the systems they use are retarded.  Its also really weird getting all your loot from boxes, like everyone had a chance to pack up their stuff when the apocalypse happened.

hes right.. BP is a mess of different pieces of stolen code.. it plays out like wasteland now with the factions.Literally everyone KOS like its another Wasteland.its pretty awful to be honest and i played it religiously for like 6 months..their developers are complete ass-hats who cannot communicate simply without trolling... They made their zombies too weak and the game too easy.. and dont even mention their sh**ty servers.. even after all this time BP wont let anyone  rent a server because they cry hackers will get them..  they are NEVER going to allow private servers.. their admins like control and they dont like to share, just completely sucks, stay on standalone and dont donate to those code stealers

hes right.. BP is a mess of different pieces of stolen code.. it plays out like wasteland now with the factions.Literally everyone KOS like its another Wasteland.its pretty awful to be honest and i played it religiously for like 6 months..their developers are complete ass-hats who cannot communicate simply without trolling... They made their zombies too weak and the game too easy.. and dont even mention their sh**ty servers.. even after all this time BP wont let anyone  rent a server because they cry hackers will get them..  they are NEVER going to allow private servers.. their admins like control and they dont like to share, just completely sucks, stay on standalone and dont donate to those code stealers

Even though in my book you're completely right with what you're saying, this is not the place to discuss Breaking Point. Please stick to the BP-topic for that.

• Like 1

How i can know if there are experimental servers up?

I've tryed right now and non servers are shown