kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

He means what it says.

It doesn't mean anything. He has to be more precise. There isn't a button "disable Windows control over your mouse".

"Disable any Windows control over your mouse" what do you mean by this?

Your mouse vendor's software should allow you to ignore Windows settings.  The exact option type and description depends on the mouse you have, but if it's any kind of gaming mouse you can do this.  

FULL WALL HACKER/GLITCHER  right now  in neaf (west prison) on lastMPServer="37.220.17.186:2502";

lastMPServerName="DayZ UK - 24/7 DAYTIME - [GLOBALGAMING] #2 - RESTART EVERY 2 HRS";    cmon guys, just fix this shit, it s becoming unplayable again. well, at least, this server is going in my blacklist.
Edited by kapnobatai

I understand that. You understand that. Reading through the posts from others in here, not many of the other posters seem to understand it. They take the word 'stable' to mean fully working, no bugs. That's not going to be the case in an Alpha, so clarification can't be a bad things really can it?

I think... what a lot of people can't understand is why HALF-ASSED material makes it into the build... UNFINISHED material... or material that was mentioned in the patch notes but doesn't exist in the game. I think THAT is what is starting to piss people off.

It makes them look very unprofessional, like they don't even know what they're putting in their own patches.

When you add fruits for example, and you don't have the indicator of 100% anymore... does this mean they fixed the issue where sometimes items will stay in your inventory with 0%? So, now... when you pick up a fruit, can you with 100% certainty say that it's a fruit that still has 100% capacity? I bet you they didn't fix the glitch of 0% items staying stuck in the inventory. SOOO... why did they change it? Why did they remove the 100% display? Why add more complexity to the already perturbing 0% item-stuck-in-inventory issue?

I haven't tested the new build and can't for another two weeks... but I can guarantee you... no... I can guaran-f-ing-tee you... they didn't fix the 0% item issue. So now, people are going to find fruits on the ground that have 0% (because the previous eater dropped it manually) but there won't be an indicator telling them so.

THAT is the issue. That attention to detail has been completely DEVOID in this process. THAT, my friend, is the issue with the last few patch releases. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Communication... or rather miscommunication will be a big problem.

If they'd have just put in the new netcode update... GREAT!!! I'm aware it takes a long ass time to develop some solid code... but then why add half-built content? Seriously? Are they that hard up for their player's approval that they have to add half-finished filler???

Attention to detail... that's one major issue they currently have and it can cause them some serious headaches. 

Before what? Before, zombies didn't respawn and run to your location when you killed them with a firearm.

Uh... they've been doing that since before this last patch... (.42.xxxxx)

Has anybody else had problems with pistol supressors not working? I've tried one on the FNX45 and the 1911 and they don't seem to have any effect anymore. Even the Amphibia S seems quite loud to me now.

Also, I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, but you can spraypaint the fireaxe now which I was hoping would be possible at some point. It seems like something that should have been mentioned in the changelog.

The only suppressor that I know worked since .42.xxxxx is the Amphibia suppressor. Every other suppressor in the game was aesthetic only.

The fireaxe, M4, SKS, Mosin, and helmets have been able to be painted since .42.xxxxxx as well.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 3

My dear friends - To those of you who find the game unplayable stop playing the game and wait untill next patch is released. This was very common with the mod as far as I remember that a patch messed up the game but soon after a new was released and all was well. Patience and enjoy the new added items or take a break.

To those of you who keep complaining when anyone complains about the new patches (including "fixing" patches that break the game instead of fixing problems), stop complaining and wait until next patch is released (to see if people stop complaining or not). Patience and enjoy the newly added complaints on this thread or take a break.

• Like 2

of course I am enjoying the game, I only want the devs to prioritize the right thing for a pleasant game experience. protect the .pbos, bambis! :))

• Like 2

First off... he didn't say everyone needs to play nice. Second, he's not forcing anyone... he's just voicing his opinion. Third... there's no need for your type of disrespect. If you said that on the street and I saw you, I'd punch you the junk.

I like the "punch in the junk idea", but I don't think I'd have a problem shooting him the head.  I have met nice players too, but far more jerks.  Maybe I just have bad luck.  It annoys me that I can get smaller groups @ the range than in the game.  But a computer game can never be completely realistic, & I applaud the Dev team for the accuracy they've acheived with the .45 & SKS in the game, VERY realistic recoil.

Your mouse vendor's software should allow you to ignore Windows settings.  The exact option type and description depends on the mouse you have, but if it's any kind of gaming mouse you can do this.  

Ok so I think the "ignore windows setting" you are talking about applies to mice drivers other than those made by razer. The default setting is the 6th notch in the windows mouse pointer speed setting. Changing this is not recommended. I assume the setting you are talking about just sets this value to 6 (or equivalently it ignores it).

Note: I haven't read all 21 pages of comments so i don't know if some of this stuff has been said before

Perma-pepper- can eat same pepper infinitely

crossbows and bolts aren't spawning in civi areas really (looked through all houses, maybe just bad luck?)

zombies can no longer be killed with melees, i have a fire ax on both characters and neither could kill one zombie. Multiple hits to head on all occasions

less loot spawns in houses now (once again, could just be a bad luck thing)

no new guns/weapons or even attachments which is disappointing

some new clothes which is good

hunting stands STILL not spawning anything, (that could be just bad luck)

bolt quivers can only hold 5 bolts? should be able to hold at least 10-15

water and foliage textures are different than when i played before patch

mouse movement is much too fast, and you can't change it even if you edit mouse sensitivity

Binocs are also broken to the point where they don't serve any purpose

Comments?

Edited by hoopman130

Note: I haven't read all 21 pages of comments so i don't know if some of this stuff has been said before

Perma-pepper- can eat same pepper infinitely

crossbows and bolts aren't spawning in civi areas really (looked through all houses, maybe just bad luck?)

zombies can no longer be killed with melees, i have a fire ax on both characters and neither could kill one zombie. Multiple hits to head on all occasions

less loot spawns in houses now (once again, could just be a bad luck thing)

no new guns/weapons or even attachments which is disappointing

some new clothes which is good

hunting stands STILL not spawning anything, (that could be just bad luck)

bolt quivers can only hold 5 bolts? should be able to hold at least 10-15

water and foliage textures are different than when i played before patch

mouse movement is much too fast, and you can't change it even if you edit mouse sensitivity

Binocs are also broken to the point where they don't serve any purpose

Comments?

I found my crossbow in a "piano"house and the bolts in garages and on other places, so I think it was bad luck.

And the binos works very well while standing, as you can see in the spoiler....

gb6cppmo.jpg

s8mx4z9z.jpg

both pictures at the same spot

Do you really think 18fps is low?

18 is low. Once you get above 50~60 you don't notice any difference, and this is the range in which first person shooters (including day-z) should be.

Stable Branch - Timer:

I notice the "500 Second Timer" -"rant" - thread was closed because it was << not constructive >>

I point out that it attracted 190 comments in 48 hours, so a lot of people think it is of importance.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/188013-500-second-wait-timer-rant-devs/#entry1936304

thanx

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

Have the Zeds been toned down?
Yesterday they felt really damn hard to kill.

Today they gave quite a fight against a fireaxe, but were beatable routinely. Some body hits, or a header... gone. They however had the potential to scare you, make you think about how to deal with them, and avoid them at all costs when approaching players.

Opening the use of a sidearm/firearms in general against Zeds is also good, imo, as it finally makes carrying a sidearm useful. 9 mm pistol works amazing for me. You trade in secrecy for less risk in fighting a charging Zed.

They wound too often, still.
And they ruin stuff too fast. 
But their health against Fireaxe seemed okay today. 

Except the worse FPS, I have not found any gamebreaker and have been enjoying the game today profoundly.
The FPS however really need a fix. I am down to 10-15 FPS in areas where I was around 25-30 now. Cities (also small towns) have become really really hard to play in. With below 20 frames, aiming becomes borderline-impossible.

As an optimist, I am looking forward to more improvements. :)

Lol, some people really need to look into a encyclopedia to see what a Alpha is.

Maybe come back when it's in Beta if you can't handle it.

• Like 2

Stable Branch - Timer:

I notice the "500 Second Timer" -"rant" - thread was closed because it was << not constructive >>

I point out that it attracted 190 comments in 48 hours, so a lot of people think it is of importance.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/188013-500-second-wait-timer-rant-devs/#entry1936304

thanx

xx pilgrim

I believe the problem in that thread was that people didnt want to understand why the timer is there, all they did was complain about it and that it not constructive in any way :)

Theres a very very very good reason we have the timer.

But people would not accept this reason and kept on complaining.

18 is low. Once you get above 50~60 you don't notice any difference, and this is the range in which first person shooters (including day-z) should be.

lol I get 7fps in towns, don't talk to me about low

• Like 1

the lowest I have gotten in cherno is 36fps of 60+ everywhere else. I feel for you

• Like 1

I found a crossbow so I believe it is my job to write about my experiences with it.

Basically there are three things I noticed.

- It is silent (duuuh)

- It is very hard to aim and shoot without any scope attached

-  the damage of body shots to zombies is very low

It looked extremely cool though but because I couldn't hit anything further away then 5 meters I dropped it once I found an sks

I believe the problem in that thread was that people didnt want to understand why the timer is there, all they did was complain about it and that it not constructive in any way :)

Theres a very very very good reason we have the timer.

But people would not accept this reason and kept on complaining.

Yes, the explanation for the longer timer was quoted IN Detail IN the Thread by SmashT

This is one of the reasons I thought it was such a useful thread.

A lot of players are worried, and unhappy

ONE (only one among several) - one reason is the server time stated in the server list has nothing to do with the "real game-time" on the server, leading many players to log in and find it is midnight, not the13:00h as stated, that they expected.  They then have up to a 10 minute penalty to re-log. NOT their fault.

AND this server-time carelessness - indifference? - technical problem? - is not because of the Hive Data problem either.

This was commented fairly extensively in the thread

ALSO many servers state '0 players' - on my list this can vary from 30 to 70 on average, sometimes up to 100. Most of these "0" player servers give the message "Wait for Host" forever, when you try to log in. Again, NOT a problem with the Central Hive I think (correct me if I'm wrong). But very puzzling for players.

This was also commented in the thread. Various other log in problems and 'penalties' were discussed.

Then of course there is the whole discussion of hopping/ghosting/time penalties, how much of these delays are to prevent hopping (as originally intended) and what additional delays are to aid Hive Data processing? The clear answer seems to be available - condensed and understandable -in the now CLOSED thread. People were talking and arguing about this. Its natural, it's a player concern.

However, if you close the thread, HOW are people who think the 500 second penalty is for ghosting and combat logging, ever going to learn the TRUE problem? As I pointed out - in only 48 hours the thread attracted 190 comments - a LOT of interest (MORE than most threads, right?). These people had a chance to find out what is really happening (thanks in particular to SmashT and some others on that thread). Now chance gone. Discussion - understanding - Closed.

Sad = As another player quoted somewhere (not that I fully agree) "This is not a democracy this is the DayZ forums"

Many players think this is an important game element (rightly or wrongly) but the discussion is closed rapidly when it attracts comments, even heated comments from many disturbed, unnerved players, as well as sane and supportive players.

On the other hand, on these Forums, players can talk about "my little poney" for as long as they like (months?). I myself don't mind that subject at all, and other light-hearted off-topic threads. - they just has less to do with player worries about the new game developments.

I guess that at least half the SA players are not rocket-scientists, they are young folk who want to 'play' AND they want to be part of this Dayzgame community - they join - they make the effort to contribute. So MODERATE as much as you can - its a hard and time-consuming job, if players show worry and concern, then guide and explain?

I hope we agree.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Exp servers down?

Wrong place. Sorry.

Edited by xExuu

Exp servers down?

Wrong place. Sorry.

Anyway yes (since 2 dayz ago) until a new update, according to a yesterday's night tweet by Hicks :)

Yeah, 15 is deemed 'playable' :)

The profile Config was changed again since the 044.123800 update. Object complexity was raised and the view Distance nearly doubled. So i changed the values the way i run it before the Patch and now it runs smooth again. Try it out.

the lowest I have gotten in cherno is 36fps of 60+ everywhere else. I feel for you

Thank you, I feel for me too :-(

I feel like the zombies should be scaled back for now until their animations are properly smoothed out. At the moment they are like tanks, and it is almost impossible to get a headshot on them when both aiming at their head does not actually hit them in the head, and they glitch around making them impossible to hit. They also now seem to be able to sense you for miles even when you have good cover. It is annoying to say the least.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz
  • Like 4