kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Are you trying to force everyone to be nice because you're incapable of surviving on your own? Why should everyone be nice? In a world where Humanity and all structured forms of government etc collapsed do you think everyone would be nice an work together to survive? It's survival of the fittest. I've tried helping people, only to be shot in the back an be told "Don't trust anyone on DayZ" which i've came to learn myself, stop being a whiney moralfag and let people play how they want to play, that's the whole point of freedom and choices.

First off... he didn't say everyone needs to play nice. Second, he's not forcing anyone... he's just voicing his opinion. Third... there's no need for your type of disrespect. If you said that on the street and I saw you, I'd punch you the junk.

• Like 1

Simple fact right now is "Stable" is more unsstablethan experimental.  

As a developer you simpli can't win.

If you are trying to round up features people start to complain about lazy millionaires. So they decide to push something out in a premature development state and !surprise! it breaks something else...

Now people start to complain about this worst update ever.

I think they should push updates more frequently to experimental and only once a month to stable if there are no game breaking issues.

But this is just my opinion.

• Like 5

i have done that numerous times with the server host's but noone of them does anything about it. I't doesn't matter how much information/screenshot you add to the complaint they always let it slide anyway.

Shoot, I can assure you they report servers even when they don't actually get kicked.....

The rule is very vague as well.  What does 'just cause' mean.  I'm sure everyone has a different perspective on what is 'just cause'.  The lack of decent admin controls prevents admins from getting even the most basic information to prove their 'just cause'.  Players have no feedback as to why they were kicked either.  Until proper server management is implemented it's all a crap shoot.

Damn why do I see this just now, I can report on at least 50 servers ^^

MetapoliC maybe you're the problem. Best advice is to find a few regular servers and stick to those instead of server hopping.

I haven't touched the FOV.. the alteration is in-game since the last patch. I have never, while aiming any gun in RL or in ARMA or SA etc, been able to see just about the WHOLE stock of the gun while aiming.

Looks to me as if the whole aiming system has been zoomed OUT, so that when you press + you can now zoom in BACK to where you were in the first place.

Dear teapot - have you tried any of this in the game yourself? take a minute to try it in the game, before you comment.Thanx for the input. I'm sure you'll notice the difference.

I am talking about IN GAME changes that happened since yesterday - are you saying that they were unrealistic last week and they have been made realistic this week? It does not look that way to me. In real life you do NOT rest your chin on the butt of the gun when you are aiming (whatever sights you use) - If you DO, then please do not pull the trigger, you will make your dentist a rich man.

I'm not going to rant about this, so before further comment

I would like to hear what Gews has to say about the alteration

He's our resident de-facto arms expert - if he thinks its ok, then I'm cool ... its a game after all. But it looks damned wierd to me, I wouldn't handle a firearm that way in real life, for sure. It seems worse than before the patch - Just WRONG.

(I guess no one will accuse him of "not taking a minute to look up what firearms or optics actually do"?)

Anyway: some pics - this example is Red Dot on M4. I didn't move the character.

1) Shoulder weapon

23r72xh.jpg

2) shoulder weapon - head/shoulder position

runyiq.jpg

3) Aim weapon

2r58fau.jpg

The blur comes in-game with the aimed position (for added realism)

So where is the shooter's head now, in relation to his gun? Somewhere off the end of the stock?

check the 1st and 3d pics to see how crazy this is.  Same aim, at same tree, at same point.

xx pilgrim

Its for clearing rooms indoors.

Now you can see around you while clearing a room and still be ready to shoot.

Thats why when you press RMB it goes back to normal.

Before this you couldnt clear a room while ADS, it was to zoomed. Now it works perfectly. You just need to get used to it.

Please people, don't start bitching to the devs to change this back, because it really is a great addition.

FYI: Now you can change your FOV lower to compensate for the zoom change if you want and gain that extra zoom when you press RMB.

But I like it the way it is now, once you clear a room with this new perspective you wont be able to go back, IMO.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 1

Its for clearing rooms indoors.

Now you can see around you while clearing a room and still be ready to shoot.

Thats why when you press RMB it goes back to normal.

Before this you couldnt clear a room while ADS, it was to zoomed. Now it works perfectly. You just need to get used to it.

Please people, don't start bitching to the devs to change this back, because it really is a great addition.

FYI: Now you can change your FOV lower to compensate for the zoom change if you want and gain that extra zoom when you press RMB.

But I like it the way it is now, once you clear a room with this new perspective you wont be able to go back, IMO.

You like the idea of the room being blurred while you clear it?

You know there aways was a zoom in ( + key ) AND a zoom out ( - key ). The zoom out used to be called "battle view" in ArmA (maybe still is?) to give you a wider field of view. Both zoom in and zoom out are still in SA, just try your + and - keys.

But hey, if you like it, go for it.. its in the game now anyway, make the most of it.

For myself, I don't like it. Clearing a room with an M4, personally I'd fire from the hip (or fire any way I can, lol. I'm solo, I'm not much of a SWAT unit)

xx

Edited by pilgrim

You like the idea of the room being blurred while you clear it?

I dont use Post Processing, because it blurs everything to much for me.

But, if you do use Post Processing, then I can see this being an issue.

MetapoliC maybe you're the problem. Best advice is to find a few regular servers and stick to those instead of server hopping.

WidespreadPanic maybe you should THINK before you write something stupid like that?

Server hopping...

THe problem in this world are people like you, who are judging the others without having any facts, without even knowing the person at all.

Just hold your mouth next time.

First off... he didn't say everyone needs to play nice. Second, he's not forcing anyone... he's just voicing his opinion. Third... there's no need for your type of disrespect. If you said that on the street and I saw you, I'd punch you the junk.

Firstly; moaning at bandits and the amount of banditry is pretty much being a morale faggot and crying out to people to stop being a bandit. Secondly; let people play how they want to play as i said before, there was no disrespect. You simply perceived it in a disrespectful manner. Thirdly; You would "punch me the junk?" Well that's being disrespectful isn't it? That's more aggressive than my comment you ironic moron. Last but not least; I would actually pay you try it.

Edited by kichilron
Do not use that around here.

Add 100 player servers to it and ouch, ill say the lighting effects are nice, all buildings accessible. But other than that, the fail is awfully strong in this team. Bring in the EPOCH boys, fire the losers. LOL. 

You just don `t get it. Current patch is a very big one not so much in its contents but in its possibilities.

Crossbow and throwing implemented means physics are in. That `s the base for a lot of comming features. Vehicicles for example. They re not yet in the game because devs don`t want cars like in the mod and build complete new physics for them so that they don`t behave like a rock rolling down a hill.

The new messaging system allows 100 player servers. They were up and running quite well in eperimental. Please think a second before asking why they´re not on stable yet. This new system I assume has also influence on the number and the respawn possibilities of Zombies, items and in near future animals.

(Yes Zombies have to respawn as well as items if you want servers to be able to run constantly without periodic restart.)

For stronger Zombies in current stable it ´s an ongoing process of balancing. It is managable. Just a manner of practicing. You can aim for the head if you have to. Just put down a zombie with a fire axe. First strike hit the body. Next two went for the head. With a splitting axe it took quite longer about a dozen strikes. But most of the time I hit the head and the Z was knocked to the floor about three times during the fight. If you don`t have a weapon it `s  much easier to aim.

More than one at the same time are dangerous. But that `s ok. They have to be. It s a zombie survival game.We just need more possibilities to avoid them completely in the future.

Please go play epoch till this is finished.I don`t have a real clue how game programming works. But you`re just a whinning kid because building a game or modding one is not to compare.

World: New village "Karmanovka" has been added

Ok. This is an epic fail. But if the text wasn`t written in a foreign language for me I would expect me to read and understand it entirely.

CHANGELOG:

Note: Pending final notes from the programming team.

I end how I always do meeting a player who didn´t shot me.

Have a nice day.

I'm seeing people say the latest patch isn';t working out for them. I just had my first bash at it for a couple of hours and it played fine...oddly enough it felt a tad smoother but maybe thats just me.

I am talking about IN GAME changes that happened since yesterday - are you saying that they were unrealistic last week and they have been made realistic this week? It does not look that way to me. In real life you do NOT rest your chin on the butt of the gun when you are aiming (whatever sights you use) - If you DO, then please do not pull the trigger, you will make your dentist a rich man.

Wow that is a huge issue that needs to be addressed immediately! Do you work for BIA by any chance? Would fit in just fine.

Anyhow about the new patch: Why you even bother whit experimental branch? It's in line whit previous patches: add couple of new things, break bunch of things that worked. And release it late ofc.

Wasn't there supposed to be hunting at this point of your "roadmap"? And will you GTFO whit 40 player cap. These has been games whit bigger player count since 90's ffs. You have been rewriting

that network code for 4 months by information you have given so some results would be nice.

Checking back again in 1-2 months if h1z1 isn't released, but just try to get your shit together.

So, before when you would shoot with the mosin, you could see a tiny cloud of dust where the bullet would hit if it didnt hit a target. Now you cant see that at all but a very very tiny almost invisible 1 or 2 tiny balls of dirt come up. Was this a fix you or are you planning to bing that back bc that was honestly the only reason to use the mosin bc its impossible to zero yourself in without seeing where your shot lands.... unless u want us to just use outside programs to find the range on the game like dayzdb and not play the game without outside help... its a 51mm bullet, why cant  see a smal lcloud of dust from the bullet hitting it?

Stable Branch updated to version-# 0.44.123800

From now on discussions will take place in dedicated topics for patches.

Make sure to keep it on topic. liked it better the other way, your guy feels really light now its weird.

The old mouse acceleration was better the new way, your guy feels really light now its weird.

What's up with all experimental servers? They are gone since our group has lost a connection on one of them this evening. Was about to go on experimental again but there is not a single one. Yesterday there were only 30/40 players experimental servers, today the same but now they are all completely gone.

Forum moderators are not even responding to this. 

Edited by MetapoliC

That pretty much sums it up. It just ruins whatever big accomplishment was put into the patch. It's like they did the following:

Devs: "Well... we spent this entire month coming up with new netcode... but the players won't have anything tangible to see/do/use on the server... lets put in in some stuff so that they can feel like they actually got something."

Instead what this does is:

Players: "Well... f*ck me! They put in like 4 new things. But, none of them work and all the old stuff is f*cked up??? WTF did they do all this time?!?!?"

If it's not done. Don't put it on Stable. Simple as that. If it's done, test it on experimental, and if it doesn't cause problems... put it on stable. I don't really understand how this junk actually made it to stable... at all. Highly disappointed.

Experimental servers are to see if the servers dont blow up. Not for your feedback idiot

• Like 1

That pretty much sums it up. It just ruins whatever big accomplishment was put into the patch. It's like they did the following:

Devs: "Well... we spent this entire month coming up with new netcode... but the players won't have anything tangible to see/do/use on the server... lets put in in some stuff so that they can feel like they actually got something."

Instead what this does is:

Players: "Well... f*ck me! They put in like 4 new things. But, none of them work and all the old stuff is f*cked up??? WTF did they do all this time?!?!?"

If it's not done. Don't put it on Stable. Simple as that. If it's done, test it on experimental, and if it doesn't cause problems... put it on stable. I don't really understand how this junk actually made it to stable... at all. Highly disappointed.

I was more than surprised noticing that this built made it on stable. Probably the devs let themselves caught by all that whinning about patch speed and rushed things up. Don`t think they will do it again after that shitstorm.

• Like 2

You just don `t get it. Current patch is a very big one not so much in its contents but in its possibilities.

Crossbow and throwing implemented means physics are in. That `s the base for a lot of comming features. Vehicicles for example. They re not yet in the game because devs don`t want cars like in the mod and build complete new physics for them so that they don`t behave like a rock rolling down a hill.

The new messaging system allows 100 player servers. They were up and running quite well in eperimental. Please think a second before asking why they´re not on stable yet. This new system I assume has also influence on the number and the respawn possibilities of Zombies, items and in near future animals.

(Yes Zombies have to respawn as well as items if you want servers to be able to run constantly without periodic restart.)

For stronger Zombies in current stable it ´s an ongoing process of balancing. It is managable. Just a manner of practicing. You can aim for the head if you have to. Just put down a zombie with a fire axe. First strike hit the body. Next two went for the head. With a splitting axe it took quite longer about a dozen strikes. But most of the time I hit the head and the Z was knocked to the floor about three times during the fight. If you don`t have a weapon it `s  much easier to aim.

More than one at the same time are dangerous. But that `s ok. They have to be. It s a zombie survival game.We just need more possibilities to avoid them completely in the future.

Please go play epoch till this is finished.I don`t have a real clue how game programming works. But you`re just a whinning kid

Ah, what i said was more in reference to previous posts with another gentleman (and just having a laugh about it all in general), about purely the difference inbetween people doing it for the love of the game and game genre, and people who do it for the love of money. I used the 7 days to die team as a prime example also, people who started off as modder's again and have stepped it up and are hammering their game out, with far less of everything at their disposal and have done some massive things themselves, like changing the entire building physics of the game a month ago ( without causing any damage at all, where as compared to the last two patchs here.. ) , pretty much weekly patchs so on and so forth, just check out there progress and whats been implemented, its commitment and love of their game and complete appreciation shown to the people who have put them where they are (which is of course the consumer) . But on topic here, I am aware of what the potential is from the patch, the thing is imo, such a thing  should of been done long ago since the vast majority of things for them from the start has been a cut and paste from the mod, the entire map and buildings for example. But anyways, what i said wasnt as cut and dry as it appeared, and as for the whiny kid bit, im 32, and have socks older than many of the people that i see kissing the proverbial backends of their gods on the forum and reddit. I bid everyone a good evening and a pleasant month, perhaps ill actually bother turning on the SA next patch. 

• Like 1

The desync is completely unplayable, since the last 2 patches I have lost connection instantly after joining any server. I hoped the guaranteed message system would fix this but it seems to have had no impact. I'm not sure if something is wrong with my connection, the game, or both. I used to be to play with minimal desync in past patches. 

Crossbows are funny but almost useless since you can't take back your bolts. Mouse movements are smoother but harder to play. Zombies are unkillable, especially on night servers. They are still running too fast, they make you bleed a lot and still manage to ruin your stuff. The only good thing I saw in this update was the stuff coming back in military tents. I think I have seen enough, I will wait for the next update.

Edited by Karakoz

"Stable branch" is a joke. I lost all my gear while swapping backpacks because I suddenly couldn't take any item etc anymore. No desync, nothing. 6 prodcases full of stuff (this new special 1911, full ammo box, full medic box etc) all lost. That makes me really angry.

• Like 1

Well they truly broke the game with this current patch its unplayable lag is worse than its ever been takes me 2 minutes to interact with gear used to be instantaneous pre patch. I don't understand how it was pushed through experimental its almost as if these devs don't play on their own servers and notice the problems.

They took a month to do this.... this is why the game will never really be 'stable'. They supposedly 'fixed' desync and lag, but guess what no they did not. It's just as bad as it was before if not worse. One step forward 5 steps backwards all the time with this outdated engine.

Edited by Andromeda

Wow this thread has gotten buckwild.

Normally I'm one to defend the progress of the game, but there's some really valid criticisms brought up with this patch. The last two big patches really seemed like the game had changed in a significant way, but this one doesn't have that same feel. I like to watch streamers because I'm always multitasking and don't have much dedicated time to play, and their frustration with the game is starting to show. Hopefully it's not another month before we get some kind of meaty patch uploaded to stable. I think the game will probably fine in the long run, but how long will that take?

• Like 2

Firstly; moaning at bandits and the amount of banditry is pretty much being a morale faggot and crying out to people to stop being a bandit. Secondly; let people play how they want to play as i said before, there was no disrespect. You simply perceived it in a disrespectful manner. Thirdly; You would "punch me the junk?" Well that's being disrespectful isn't it? That's more aggressive than my comment you ironic moron. Last but not least; I would actually pay you try it.

You did say "stop being a whiney moralfag"... and he did not MAKE anyone do anything... you're actually the one that was disrespectful. Punching you in the junk for calling someone a Moralfag isn't being disrespectful... it's being respectful of the LGBT community that you so flawlessly slandered. ;)

• Like 2