Hunter4

Rain, broken bones, zombies, 12 year olds, suicide, communication, melee weapons etc

I'm gonna keep this topic simple and quick.

First of all, RAIN is a very big setback in the gameplay. You can't walk outside because of rain and getting your clothes wet is a big problem. I joined a server which had way too much rain. Others don't but even so, rain should exist in the game, but it should not have that much impact on the gameplay and the character's equipment. 

Secondly, BROKEN BONES. Okay, I understand the need for this feature in that kind of game but bones break WAY too easily. We should put a % chance to break your leg that is adjusted according to the altitude the survivor falls from. For example, 2m (6ft) to have 10% chance to break leg. 4m 20% and 5m 30%. Then from 6m and above, about 80%. (I also noticed a bug while playing, I fell from 8m and didn't feel a thing. I just landed smoothly.) So that's it about broken bones.

Now the ZOMBIES. These things are overpowered in the alpha because they can move through walls and survive more than 15 hits with a pristine machete but apart from that, they are spawning in random locations and silenced weapons are drawing them anyway. I think we have enough on our mind already in this game and endless zombies should not be our main problem. The zombies also damage your equipment. I'm sorry but I have to point this out, even if it makes me look like a softcore player. I don't like having my hard-earned equipment damaged by the zombies. We want the game to be realistic and I'm pretty sure a strike from human fists or nails is not enough to ruin a compass, a military vest and a ton of other supplies.

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS. These kids should be stopped from playing the game. They are destroying the experience of other players and ruin every server they join. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty and this, is DayZ. I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 and don't know how to behave. I want to see another survivor and know that we can sort things out without violence. Of course I don't ask to get rid of the violence, but make us all try to use it when it's on utmost need. All players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other player that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Another subject is SUICIDE. I believe this matter is already resolved and the next update will contain a "suicide" option in the Esc Menu. Sometimes, players might get shot in the leg. Last night I got shot in the leg and it broke. The douchebag left me with a broken leg while playing target practice with my just spawned character. I am now waiting for my character to die of pain. Boring if you ask me and anyone else in this position.

COMMUNICATION is another matter than requires further development. We should be able to chat with everyone in the server. I know this might bring sellers there to advertise their sites, but we can surely find a way to stop links from being posted on the global chat. I would like to know what kind of players I'm dealing with. Deceivers (the ones that say they're friendly but proceed to shoot you in the back) should be marked as bad sports and be thrown in servers with others of their kind. 

And last but not least, MELEE WEAPONRY. These weapons need damage adjustment. A firefighter axe against another survivor should be a one strike kill as is natural. No one can stay alive after being hit with a firefighter axe. Have you tried it? No, me neither. I can't die from a bullet in the leg and then withstand 4 strikes by an axe in the shoulder. The player who was not lucky enough to find an M4A1 should have a chance to fight back. No armor can withstand AXE (hahaha). Anyway, you get the point. Survivors must be vulnerable to melee weapons.

Plus, a few more suggestions...

1) Faster Health Regeneration

2) Less rotten fruits

3) Less weapon ammunition available in the world (to make players think twice before opening fire to other players)

4) Variety of servers with different special features.

5) Day-night circle during 6 hours. (3-3 or 4-2)

6) Less rain.

7) More crafting. (Duct tape should be used for countless items)

8) Possible item fixing. (broken compass? a screwdriver will fix that...not realistic but hey, it's a game)

9) Wide range of weapons and weapon customization. No damage increase!

10) Vehicles. Not armored cars and apache helicopters, plain trucks and cars with space to store items and need for fuel.

Thanks for reading, I hope you've felt the same about at least one of the above subjects. Now give me your beans!!

I agree with some of this, but most of it is absolute tosh.

Zombies should be nerfed, I agree. It's stupid that a zombie should be able to ruin all of my equipment because it biffed me. I can understand having my gear being ruined because I've been shot at or attacked with a wrench or something, but zombies shouldn't be able to obliterate my inventory.

Health regen is fairly easy as it is, provided you can find a bag of rice, but I imagine it'll become a whole lot more difficult once water sources can cause sickness.

Rain does get players wet very quickly, which may need to be addressed. Of course it's possible that things like rain coats would massively lower the rate at which players get wet, so maybe that'd negate the issue.

The issue of broken bones goes back to zombies. I don't believe that zombies should be able to break your legs. Breaking arms is fine because that makes sense. In regards to fall heights, I've never broken a leg from falling so I can't really comment on the issue.

The rest are either too vague, are a result of the game being in alpha or are so terrible that they aren't worth commenting on.

First of all, RAIN is a very big setback in the gameplay. You can't walk outside because of rain and getting your clothes wet is a big problem. I joined a server which had way too much rain. Others don't but even so, rain should exist in the game, but it should not have that much impact on the gameplay and the character's equipment. 

Secondly, BROKEN BONES. Okay, I understand the need for this feature in that kind of game but bones break WAY too easily. We should put a % chance to break your leg that is adjusted according to the altitude the survivor falls from. For example, 2m (6ft) to have 10% chance to break leg. 4m 20% and 5m 30%. Then from 6m and above, about 80%. (I also noticed a bug while playing, I fell from 8m and didn't feel a thing. I just landed smoothly.) So that's it about broken bones.

Now the ZOMBIES. These things are overpowered in the alpha because they can move through walls and survive more than 15 hits with a pristine machete but apart from that, they are spawning in random locations and silenced weapons are drawing them anyway. I think we have enough on our mind already in this game and endless zombies should not be our main problem. The zombies also damage your equipment. I'm sorry but I have to point this out, even if it makes me look like a softcore player. I don't like having my hard-earned equipment damaged by the zombies. We want the game to be realistic and I'm pretty sure a strike from human fists or nails is not enough to ruin a compass, a military vest and a ton of other supplies.

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS. These kids should be stopped from playing the game. They are destroying the experience of other players and ruin every server they join. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty and this, is DayZ. I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 and don't know how to behave. I want to see another survivor and know that we can sort things out without violence. Of course I don't ask to get rid of the violence, but make us all try to use it when it's on utmost need. All players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other player that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Another subject is SUICIDE. I believe this matter is already resolved and the next update will contain a "suicide" option in the Esc Menu. Sometimes, players might get shot in the leg. Last night I got shot in the leg and it broke. The douchebag left me with a broken leg while playing target practice with my just spawned character. I am now waiting for my character to die of pain. Boring if you ask me and anyone else in this position.

COMMUNICATION is another matter than requires further development. We should be able to chat with everyone in the server. I know this might bring sellers there to advertise their sites, but we can surely find a way to stop links from being posted on the global chat. I would like to know what kind of players I'm dealing with. Deceivers (the ones that say they're friendly but proceed to shoot you in the back) should be marked as bad sports and be thrown in servers with others of their kind. 

And last but not least, MELEE WEAPONRY. These weapons need damage adjustment. A firefighter axe against another survivor should be a one strike kill as is natural. No one can stay alive after being hit with a firefighter axe. Have you tried it? No, me neither. I can't die from a bullet in the leg and then withstand 4 strikes by an axe in the shoulder. The player who was not lucky enough to find an M4A1 should have a chance to fight back. No armor can withstand AXE (hahaha). Anyway, you get the point. Survivors must be vulnerable to melee weapons.

2) Less rotten fruits

3) Less weapon ammunition available in the world (to make players think twice before opening fire to other players)

6) Less rain.

8) Possible item fixing. (broken compass? a screwdriver will fix that...not realistic but hey, it's a game)

10) Vehicles. Not armored cars and apache helicopters, plain trucks and cars with space to store items and need for fuel.

Thanks for reading, I hope you've felt the same about at least one of the above subjects. Now give me your beans!!

players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other player that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Everything yes except this, this is just retarded.

They are both war games, aren't they?

There's more than that.

Don't put CoD and ArmA on the same line and ArmA isn't what the KoSers want since the people there can defend themselves because they have equal armament. And KoSing in ArmA makes sense compared to DayZ since everyone not on your team is a threat. KoSing in DayZ is just for the lolz and isn't really always justifiable. It's also written in a gamers magazine i read, most interactions are of the asocial kind in DayZ. Not that i say that every player doing such things comes from a low income no morals family it's the exact opposite.

Really.....STOP all of you.quite frankly a lot of what you posted seems a bit cheeky, less day and night, "faster" health regeneration. If you want fast regen go play a game that replenishes health. and when you feel that playing a kiddy game isn't fun come and back and give it another try. 

EDIT: not all 14 year olds play COD. So get the fuck out of here with your stereotypes

ANOTHER EDIT:

4) Offensive Content:

Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want to show this website to our mums.

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS, this and the whole paragraph does not follow that rule. It is dscriminitory to a group of people. Very offensive. And disappointing to our community.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: 500th post :D

So you're 12...

• Like 1

I've been sick since the game started thinking a rotten fruit would only make me sick temporarily. Now I am colorblind and lost in the wilderness. So I attempt suicide off a cliff but survive. Now I have 2 broken legs, color blind, and I'm crawling through a forest of nowhere for hours and I still haven't died despite the hunger,thirst, fractures and sickness. There should be a "Suicide" to force respawn when it becomes hopeless and also a "Purge" option to make yourself throw up rotten food. The rotten food could give you the sustenance 

you need to get by for a short time, but then you can throw it up to avoid becoming really sick. This will of course make you thirsty and hungry, but at least you survived long enough to find new food. I'm pretty frustrated being very new to this game and all I have found in 6+ hours of play is 2 zombies, and 2 people, both who killed me, mind you this zombie could pass through walls like a ghost.

You CAN drink from a pond till ya throw up and purge your sickness. Also, how would you suicide without the means to?

Also, how would you suicide without the means to?

Don't. This is still a game. If people need to suicide to get themselves out of situations like having broken legs in the middle of nowhere or spawning inside of a wall or in the ocean, then they should have that option.

Imagine that the player character is gouging their own eyes out if it makes you feel better.

You want helicopters. A flying machine that usually has 50. cal machine guns mounted on it and flies at 200mph. Stupid 14 year olds trying to destroy the game. Unlike you and your friends some of us have lives and we can't spend 8 hours a day playing DayZ. So go to your mommy and tell her to buy you the special edition of the CoD that was released this month.

What in the HELL are you talking about?

Where did you get the fact that I wanted those things in DAYZ?!?

I never said that you ignorant ape. You're the one who wants Dayz to be easier you dumb ass. It's like your completely turning this situation backwards. 

• Like 1

you shall to 500 posts soon. You will become a bean king. just keep replying. my young padawan 

Haha. I've really slowed down my posting on the forums due to the fact that you have to search the pages of people to find the posts that have quoted you. It gets quite annoying :( I don't care much for how many posts I have, though :)

You want helicopters. A flying machine that usually has 50. cal machine guns mounted on it and flies at 200mph. Stupid 14 year olds trying to destroy the game. Unlike you and your friends some of us have lives and we can't spend 8 hours a day playing DayZ. So go to your mommy and tell her to buy you the special edition of the CoD that was released this month.

Actually. Helicopters would be great if they were transport helis that were hella-hard to maintain. Don't you agree???

While fighting belongs in DayZ I do think there should be less of it.

I think less ammo is a good thing.

The game definitely needs to focus on making basic survival harder.

While fighting belongs in DayZ I do think there should be less of it.

I think less ammo is a good thing.

The game definitely needs to focus on making basic survival harder.

Lmfao this made me laugh a lot, your going to limit players by making them take a rest. I am not a fan of kids, but this is just silly.

Also, sounds like your the one that wants a Call Of Duty since your making all these suggestions which do nothing but make the game easier.

There's more than that.

So you're 12...

Makes sense

Edited by Jfiles

Talks about 12 year old cod kids, has a skull as avatar and asks for dry rain and faster health reg.

Brilliant ! ;)

2) Less rotten fruits

6) Less rain.

Well except the last 10 points there, the rest of your post seems to be just complaining about bugs/lack of features/lack of balance and how other people play the game...

Also in before: "Are there any friendlies in Elektro?" on global channel

I've been sick since the game started thinking a rotten fruit would only make me sick temporarily. Now I am colorblind and lost in the wilderness. So I attempt suicide off a cliff but survive. Now I have 2 broken legs, color blind, and I'm crawling through a forest of nowhere for hours and I still haven't died despite the hunger,thirst, fractures and sickness. There should be a "Suicide" to force respawn when it becomes hopeless and also a "Purge" option to make yourself throw up rotten food. The rotten food could give you the sustenance 

you need to get by for a short time, but then you can throw it up to avoid becoming really sick. This will of course make you thirsty and hungry, but at least you survived long enough to find new food. I'm pretty frustrated being very new to this game and all I have found in 6+ hours of play is 2 zombies, and 2 people, both who killed me, mind you this zombie could pass through walls like a ghost.

Eating till you're fed then vomiting just doesn't make any sense. I think there's a crucial mis-understanding of biology here. If you've gained nourishment from food, it's in your intestines. You can't vomit that stuff too easily from your colon.

Mostly just giving you crap. But it's interesting how the hunger system actually works.  I'm not sure how to portray it reasonably and realistically.

I don't think some of you new users understand how DAYZ actually works. 

Last I CHECKED the game wasn't Coined Call of Duty: Dayz.

All you did was Whine and complain about how "I hate rain, I don't like broke legs, too much rotten fruits, whine, whine, whine.

Dayz is hardcore survival and if you don't like delete your steam account

Nuff Said. 

Also this here  :emptycan:

Means you don't deserve no beans to all you new users.

Of course you don't understand, you're probably 12. That's why you are offended. You think just because you played this game longer you get a say for how it should be and I don't? This is not how it works little fascist. All the 3 things you described above as "whining" have been fixed. The Developers are not 12 like you, therefore they do not share your point of view. Looks like this game won't turn into CoD after all. Bad luck for you, go play Ghosts now.

• Like 1

ATM what effect does rain and being wet have on anything (except visibility) ? Anyone know ?

yo - Hunter4 I think it's good you play the game and think about it too. If you look around this forum you'll see a lot of the ideas you list have already been discussed, at length.. and they still are being debated.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is stick to one topic at one time. If you write a list of ten different things, then everyone will agree with one or two, and disagree completely with one or two.. and the thread will just become a big mess of crossed-arguments. If you say ONE thing, then you can see who agrees and who disagrees, and there's a chance that people will have a general shared opinion. At least it's easier to follow. If you list several different ideas, then it just produces a kind of angry mob, like in the frankenstein films.

The things you say are interesting. Check out the forums and see what people have said before on these topics.

Enjoy, dude.

xx pilgrim

- for instance you mention Deceivers - I think this shows you really do come from the Misty Mountains, and not from Green Mountain (yet). in this game you can't say someone is Bad and someone else is Good, it's not meaningful. You will understand this if you play long enough. Have you ever heard of "the quick and the dead" ? That's what happens in DayZ, not the Good and the Bad. -imo- there is NOT any way you are supposed to play.

Edited by pilgrim

Battling is an integral part of DayZ, and it should be. The problem right now is the lack of many things to do, the current end-game is just getting all of the gear you want, and then there's nothing to do except for explore the map and get into fights.

Categorizing people in to servers is generally a bad idea, because having a mixed group of players is what makes the game interesting. It wouldn't be fun to run into friendlies 24/7, nor would it be fun to constantly meet bandits. Besides, once the tests were done, people could just act as they pleased and it wouldn't change anything. 

Of course it is impossible to completely remove combat from the game but maybe these people who have finished looting and want combat can go get it somewhere with others who seek combat. When you just found a backpack and a crowbar, you don't stand a chance against the dude that waits with his friends in the next city to shoot you for no reason. You pose no threat to them yet they kill you. That is just typical Call of Duty behavior. You can't join a friendly server and use it to your advantage. I mean, I enter the server and I don't shoot anyone and even if there are 3 people around me, no one shoots anyone. Suddenly, one asshole comes, waits for us to turn around and shoots us all in the back to loot us. I think that person should be banned from all friendly servers and get to play with others who match his playstyle. OBVIOUSLY there has to be a way to report a player who doesn't play as he's supposed to. So the tests can work without problems. If your test comes out friendly and you play aggressively, you will be reported and thrown in a server with aggressive people. Once you have all you need, you'll also need to preserve yourself. You will always meet zombies and require food.

health regeneration is fast enough. i guess you never experienced being fully hydrated and energized...

<<I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 year olds>>

sorry, I was laughing too much about this.

I think killing everyone in case they are 12-14 is a great idea !

You hear me, you 10-14 year olds ?? I'm another of those ancient gits.

!! BRING IT ON  MINI-DUDES !!

Edited by pilgrim

Of course it is impossible to completely remove combat from the game but maybe these people who have finished looting and want combat can go get it somewhere with others who seek combat. When you just found a backpack and a crowbar, you don't stand a chance against the dude that waits with his friends in the next city to shoot you for no reason. You pose no threat to them yet they kill you. That is just typical Call of Duty behavior. You can't join a friendly server and use it to your advantage. I mean, I enter the server and I don't shoot anyone and even if there are 3 people around me, no one shoots anyone. Suddenly, one asshole comes, waits for us to turn around and shoots us all in the back to loot us. I think that person should be banned from all friendly servers and get to play with others who match his playstyle. OBVIOUSLY there has to be a way to report a player who doesn't play as he's supposed to. So the tests can work without problems. If your test comes out friendly and you play aggressively, you will be reported and thrown in a server with aggressive people. Once you have all you need, you'll also need to preserve yourself. You will always meet zombies and require food.

Categorizing people into groups doesn't work, it doesn't allow for variation of gameplay.

Once private hives come into play, I'm sure there will be servers that enforce friendly play, and admins will be free to kick/ban any who don't abide by those rules, but making 'tests' to separate the entire population is a bad idea. Even in reality, people tend not to get along well if they are stuck with people who are just like them for long periods of time, you need people who are different in order to give you a new experience. Trust me, running into someone who just does nothing with you would get just as annoying as with people who shoot at you every time they see you. The system would be skewed anyway, because there'd be plenty of people who run around breaking the rules and never get any repercussions, and also people who would be forced onto servers without actually having done anything, and there would be no way to 'test' whether someone was friendly on an aggressive server (so once you're there, you're stuck). 

With private hives, you can have your system, but until that point it's tough luck, because there are plenty of people who don't want to be limited to playing with just those who kill and just those who are friendly. Some people actually like the intense action at times which will later be a heated (but not deadly) interaction with bandits, which will later be a group of friendly guys who start a big roving band on a quest, and don't want to be stuck in just one group for that whole time.

Realistically, a zombie could grab a loose flap of clothing and rip it. Realistically you will get sick if in the rain for too long. Ban every kid even if they're actually not a complete dick? is u srs m8  :P. Go back to COD, kid.

Of course you don't understand, you're probably 12. That's why you are offended. You think just because you played this game longer you get a say for how it should be and I don't? This is not how it works little fascist. All the 3 things you described above as "whining" have been fixed. The Developers are not 12 like you, therefore they do not share your point of view. Looks like this game won't turn into CoD after all. Bad luck for you, go play Ghosts now.

What in the hell are you talking about? Do you understand what the hell whining actually means? You're talking about it like it was a bug in dayz or some shit like that. It seems you don't have a good understanding of the English vocabulary. So I would like to direct you here before you post again www.dictionary.com 

K. Well read a lot of things in here and everyone has their opinion so here's mine.

FIRSTLY- 12 YR OLDS lol........man oh man pretty sure 99% of EVERY games 21+ age group or shit mature 16+ are tired of hearing fn "squeakers" in rooms cursing, acting like cyber thugs, and/or being little racist turds OR the best type the one that buys hacks with their mommy's credit cards bc to a 12 yr old having skill in a game is what matters most anddddd buying "skill" is the same as actually having it. NOW THAT I'VE VENTED lol can't do anything about them. Why? Because if you started "segregating" groups based on age....well that'd prob fall into the same category as gender, race, sexuality lol see where I'm going with that. Only way to do it is if there was a "level" or a "ranking " system which CREATOR OF THIS POST I'm feeling that's what you were getting at so I'm not knocking you at all. ALTHOUGH...in this game that wouldn't work bc think about it...it's survival soooo the whole "weak vs strong" thing should be taking over right? Lol god help the world if its a 12 yr old squeaker who's a "stronger" survivor than me, but if he is bless him....and after you bless him I hope he gets explosive diarrhea and gets eaten by a zombie while he's trying to use a potty....oops another vent there lol .

SECOND- Someone said about "being sick from eating rotten fruit" you can make yourself puke by drinking an excessive amount of water if u could find a water pump...BUT AGAIN I READ YOUR POST you're color-blind, your legs are broke andddddd you're in the middle of the wilderness plus you probably already knew that and by "purge" u meant actually doing the Lindsey Lohan and jamming your fingers down your mouth lol. Though possible if you think about realistically it's not gonna get too much out of your system tbh addind "castor oil" in game would be a more realist AND FUNNY AF way of implementing that...Although imagine if you had to play the game for 10min or whatever was agreed upon profusely vomiting lol ......bandit comes up to you and u just puke in their face lol.

THIRD- The rain. TBH I'm almost positive if y ou get soaked and stay soaked and you're not hydrated, energized, and healthy u have a chance of getting sick easier right? Would make sense with the antibiotics. Due to the fact that I keep myself hydrated and well fed at all times I've never had that problem. The rain isn't a problem to me either I pretty much run from one place, loot it, scope out the surrounding area, find the next closest place, and run straight there, and I keep doing it. even if I get compeletely soaked I can usually find more than enough replacements for clothing.

FOURTH- There's food aplenty. I would think starter players are having a problem bc they don't know where to look, or simple tricks. Canned food....in the event you didn't know you can open cans with screwdrivers, kitchen knives, axes, I think machetes and the infamous can opener...JUST BE ADVISED that anything except the can opener will result in u losing a percentage of your food when u open it. Just keep looking around new players and every once in a while try to combine stuff YOU'D BE AMAZED at some of the stuff u can already make just in this early access Standalone let alone in some of the mods :)

• Like 1