Hunter4

Rain, broken bones, zombies, 12 year olds, suicide, communication, melee weapons etc

I'm gonna keep this topic simple and quick.

First of all, RAIN is a very big setback in the gameplay. You can't walk outside because of rain and getting your clothes wet is a big problem. I joined a server which had way too much rain. Others don't but even so, rain should exist in the game, but it should not have that much impact on the gameplay and the character's equipment. 

Secondly, BROKEN BONES. Okay, I understand the need for this feature in that kind of game but bones break WAY too easily. We should put a % chance to break your leg that is adjusted according to the altitude the survivor falls from. For example, 2m (6ft) to have 10% chance to break leg. 4m 20% and 5m 30%. Then from 6m and above, about 80%. (I also noticed a bug while playing, I fell from 8m and didn't feel a thing. I just landed smoothly.) So that's it about broken bones.

Now the ZOMBIES. These things are overpowered in the alpha because they can move through walls and survive more than 15 hits with a pristine machete but apart from that, they are spawning in random locations and silenced weapons are drawing them anyway. I think we have enough on our mind already in this game and endless zombies should not be our main problem. The zombies also damage your equipment. I'm sorry but I have to point this out, even if it makes me look like a softcore player. I don't like having my hard-earned equipment damaged by the zombies. We want the game to be realistic and I'm pretty sure a strike from human fists or nails is not enough to ruin a compass, a military vest and a ton of other supplies.

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS. These kids should be stopped from playing the game. They are destroying the experience of other players and ruin every server they join. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty and this, is DayZ. I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 and don't know how to behave. I want to see another survivor and know that we can sort things out without violence. Of course I don't ask to get rid of the violence, but make us all try to use it when it's on utmost need. All players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other players that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Another subject is SUICIDE. I believe this matter is already resolved and the next update will contain a "suicide" option in the Esc Menu. Sometimes, players might get shot in the leg. Last night I got shot in the leg and it broke. The douchebag left me with a broken leg while playing target practice with my just spawned character. I am now waiting for my character to die of pain. Boring if you ask me and anyone else in this position.

COMMUNICATION is another matter than requires further development. We should be able to chat with everyone in the server. I know this might bring sellers there to advertise their sites, but we can surely find a way to stop links from being posted on the global chat. I would like to know what kind of players I'm dealing with. Deceivers (the ones that say they're friendly but proceed to shoot you in the back) should be marked as bad sports and be thrown in servers with others of their kind. 

And last but not least, MELEE WEAPONRY. These weapons need damage adjustment. A firefighter axe against another survivor should be a one strike kill as is natural. No one can stay alive after being hit with a firefighter axe. Have you tried it? No, me neither. I can't die from a bullet in the leg and then withstand 4 strikes by an axe in the shoulder. The player who was not lucky enough to find an M4A1 should have a chance to fight back. No armor can withstand AXE (hahaha). Anyway, you get the point. Survivors must be vulnerable to melee weapons.

UPDATE 28/5 :

Zombies can now go up stairs sometimes and still go through walls. (JUST ENABLE COLLISION GODDAMMIT)

The firefighter axe used to kill zombies with 1 hit. Now it is as useless as all other melee weapons.

Not all fruits are rotten. (yay)

Zombies hit in the head with melee weapons should die instantly. Brain Damage=Death

Plus, a few more suggestions...

1) More ways to regenerate health besides eating and drinking. (Like healing through time, but slowly)

2) Less rotten fruits (FIXED)
3) Less weapon ammunition available in the world (to make players think twice before opening fire to other players)

4) Variety of servers with different special features.

5) Day-night circle during 6 hours. (3-3 or 4-2)
6) Less rain. (FIXED)
7) More crafting. (Duct tape should be used for countless items) (IN DEVELOPMENT)

8) Possible item fixing. (broken compass? a screwdriver will fix that...not realistic but hey, it's a game)

9) Wide range of weapons and weapon customization. No damage increase!

10) Vehicles. Not armored cars and Apache helicopters, plain trucks and cars with space to store items and need for fuel.

Thanks for reading, I hope you've felt the same about at least one of the above subjects. If you want an open world CoD, you can go tell your mom to change your diapers now. :)

Edited by Hunter4
  • Like 7

Plus, a few more suggestions..

1) Faster Health Regeneration

2) Less rotten fruits

3) Less weapon ammunition available in the world (to make players think twice before opening fire to other players)

6) Less rain.

................... is

you 

serious  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:

• Like 2

................... is

you 

If you want combat, you can go play Call of Duty with the rest of your kind. DayZ is an open world survival. Not Arma or Battlefield. >:(

• Like 1

I've been sick since the game started thinking a rotten fruit would only make me sick temporarily. Now I am colorblind and lost in the wilderness. So I attempt suicide off a cliff but survive. Now I have 2 broken legs, color blind, and I'm crawling through a forest of nowhere for hours and I still haven't died despite the hunger,thirst, fractures and sickness. There should be a "Suicide" to force respawn when it becomes hopeless and also a "Purge" option to make yourself throw up rotten food. The rotten food could give you the sustenance 
 you need to get by for a short time, but then you can throw it up to avoid becoming really sick. This will of course make you thirsty and hungry, but at least you survived long enough to find new food. I'm pretty frustrated being very new to this game and all I have found in 6+ hours of play is 2 zombies, and 2 people, both who killed me, mind you this zombie could pass through walls like a ghost.

• Like 2

If you want combat, you can go play Call of Duty with the rest of your kind. DayZ is an open world survival. Not Arma or Battlefield. > :(

Battling is an integral part of DayZ, and it should be. The problem right now is the lack of many things to do, the current end-game is just getting all of the gear you want, and then there's nothing to do except for explore the map and get into fights.

Categorizing people in to servers is generally a bad idea, because having a mixed group of players is what makes the game interesting. It wouldn't be fun to run into friendlies 24/7, nor would it be fun to constantly meet bandits. Besides, once the tests were done, people could just act as they pleased and it wouldn't change anything.

................... is

you 

propably you'd like some beam rifles which will be extra of course and an artillery strike dlc.... 

I don't think some of you new users understand how DAYZ actually works. 

Last I CHECKED the game wasn't Coined Call of Duty: Dayz.

All you did was Whine and complain about how "I hate rain, I don't like broke legs, too much rotten fruits, whine, whine, whine.

Dayz is hardcore survival and if you don't like delete your steam account

Nuff Said. 

Also this here  :emptycan:

Means you don't deserve no beans to all you new users.

• Like 4

propably you'd like some beam rifles which will be extra of course and an artillery strike dlc.... 

Why do you think I want this stuff added? I don't understand where you got this fact, you must of magically pulled it out your ass or some magnificent shit like that. 

I'm stating that the original post suggested Ideas that made the game way EASIER. 

*snip*

2) Less rotten fruits

6) Less rain.

7) More crafting. (Duct tape should be used for countless items)

8) Possible item fixing. (broken compass? a screwdriver will fix that...not realistic but hey, it's a game)

10) Vehicles. Not armored cars and apache helicopters, plain trucks and cars with space to store items and need for fuel.

Thanks for reading, I hope you've felt the same about at least one of the above subjects. Now give me your beans!!

It wasn't a simple and quick in fact it was a wall of text.

OP i don't see any difference from ranting and whining threads, almost everything has already been addressed and you lost all credibility when you asked for dry rain.

And you know this game is still 26mutualfund2.jpg

• Like 2

80% chance of breaking legs from 6 meters and up?  So I can fall off a cliff and have a chance not to break a single bone?  Your totally right, that makes sooo much sense.  You said you don't want 12vies on here thinking it's Call Of Duty's next installment, then you ask for faster health regeneration, more food (or less rotten food) and rain that doesn't do anything to you other than make the ground look wet?  Good thinking 99.

Also how boring would it be if you were put into a server of only nice people and you had to play with those type of people for the whole time you play the game, same with just playing with bandits forever.

There is just so much stupid here, I feel unsafe and fragile knowing these people exist, I'm scared.

• Like 8

There is just so much stupid here, I feel unsafe and fragile knowing these people exist, I'm scared.

Lol 

First of all, RAIN is a very big setback in the gameplay. You can't walk outside because of rain and getting your clothes wet is a big problem. I joined a server which had way too much rain. Others don't but even so, rain should exist in the game, but it should not have that much impact on the gameplay and the character's equipment. 

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS. These kids should be stopped from playing the game. They are destroying the experience of other players and ruin every server they join. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty and this, is DayZ. I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 and don't know how to behave. I want to see another survivor and know that we can sort things out without violence. Of course I don't ask to get rid of the violence, but make us all try to use it when it's on utmost need. All players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other player that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Rain has no effect right now, at least from what I've seen. Me and my clan always PvP in the rain with no problems at all, don't even worry about it

Not all pre-adolescents and/or adolescents are Cod faggots. A lot of them aren't. Also, trust me, there is more KoS adults than kids.

Faster health regen? No. I think it should be WAY harder to re-gen health. Health regenerates insanely fast right now. Seriously, 1/2 a bag of rice, 10 seconds at a well, and boom. Health is way to easy to regenerate, and I'm hoping that they will add some sort of healing system where you have to rest at a camp/tent to heal faster, with reduced healing speed while roaming the wilderness. I also think that being shot at should have more of an effect on your health, such as a shock factor. Causing you to have a heart attack or something along the lines of that.

• Like 1

Really.....STOP all of you.quite frankly a lot of what you posted seems a bit cheeky, less day and night, "faster" health regeneration. If you want fast regen go play a game that replenishes health. and when you feel that playing a kiddy game isn't fun come and back and give it another try. 

EDIT: not all 14 year olds play COD. So get the fuck out of here with your stereotypes

ANOTHER EDIT:

4) Offensive Content:
Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want to show this website to our mums.

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS, this and the whole paragraph does not follow that rule. It is dscriminitory to a group of people. Very offensive. And disappointing to our community.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: 500th post :D

Edited by Jfiles

Rain has no effect right now, at least from what I've seen. Me and my clan always PvP in the rain with no problems at all, don't even worry about it

Not all pre-adolescents and/or adolescents are Cod faggots. A lot of them aren't. Also, trust me, there is more KoS adults than kids.

Faster health regen? No. I think it should be WAY harder to re-gen health. Health regenerates insanely fast right now. Seriously, 1/2 a bag of rice, 10 seconds at a well, and boom. Health is way to easy to regenerate, and I'm hoping that they will add some sort of healing system where you have to rest at a camp/tent to heal faster, with reduced healing speed while roaming the wilderness. I also think that being shot at should have more of an effect on your health, such as a shock factor. Causing you to have a heart attack or something along the lines of that.

you shall to 500 posts soon. You will become a bean king. just keep replying. my young padawan 

Edited by Jfiles

First of all, RAIN is a very big setback in the gameplay. You can't walk outside because of rain and getting your clothes wet is a big problem. I joined a server which had way too much rain. Others don't but even so, rain should exist in the game, but it should not have that much impact on the gameplay and the character's equipment.

Secondly, BROKEN BONES. Okay, I understand the need for this feature in that kind of game but bones break WAY too easily. We should put a % chance to break your leg that is adjusted according to the altitude the survivor falls from. For example, 2m (6ft) to have 10% chance to break leg. 4m 20% and 5m 30%. Then from 6m and above, about 80%. (I also noticed a bug while playing, I fell from 8m and didn't feel a thing. I just landed smoothly.) So that's it about broken bones.

Now the ZOMBIES. These things are overpowered in the alpha because they can move through walls and survive more than 15 hits with a pristine machete but apart from that, they are spawning in random locations and silenced weapons are drawing them anyway. I think we have enough on our mind already in this game and endless zombies should not be our main problem. The zombies also damage your equipment. I'm sorry but I have to point this out, even if it makes me look like a softcore player. I don't like having my hard-earned equipment damaged by the zombies. We want the game to be realistic and I'm pretty sure a strike from human fists or nails is not enough to ruin a compass, a military vest and a ton of other supplies.

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS. These kids should be stopped from playing the game. They are destroying the experience of other players and ruin every server they join. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty and this, is DayZ. I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 and don't know how to behave. I want to see another survivor and know that we can sort things out without violence. Of course I don't ask to get rid of the violence, but make us all try to use it when it's on utmost need. All players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other player that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Another subject is SUICIDE. I believe this matter is already resolved and the next update will contain a "suicide" option in the Esc Menu. Sometimes, players might get shot in the leg. Last night I got shot in the leg and it broke. The douchebag left me with a broken leg while playing target practice with my just spawned character. I am now waiting for my character to die of pain. Boring if you ask me and anyone else in this position.

COMMUNICATION is another matter than requires further development. We should be able to chat with everyone in the server. I know this might bring sellers there to advertise their sites, but we can surely find a way to stop links from being posted on the global chat. I would like to know what kind of players I'm dealing with. Deceivers (the ones that say they're friendly but proceed to shoot you in the back) should be marked as bad sports and be thrown in servers with others of their kind.

And last but not least, MELEE WEAPONRY. These weapons need damage adjustment. A firefighter axe against another survivor should be a one strike kill as is natural. No one can stay alive after being hit with a firefighter axe. Have you tried it? No, me neither. I can't die from a bullet in the leg and then withstand 4 strikes by an axe in the shoulder. The player who was not lucky enough to find an M4A1 should have a chance to fight back. No armor can withstand AXE (hahaha). Anyway, you get the point. Survivors must be vulnerable to melee weapons.

2) Less rotten fruits

6) Less rain.

7) More crafting. (Duct tape should be used for countless items)

10) Vehicles. Not armored cars and apache helicopters, plain trucks and cars with space to store items and need for fuel.

Thanks for reading, I hope you've felt the same about at least one of the above subjects. Now give me your beans!!

If you posted "I want a bazooka with infinite ammo", you would have gotten more positive replies. Players who want more realistic survival game are less than a handful. You are fairly new to this forum, take a look at suggestion topics, you will realise topics with weapons are pages long, even stupid topics about wanting pink beanies will be more than a page long. I do feel most here are 12yo, and want just another cod or arma.

Most of your ideas are being implemented, and I disagree with you on faster health regeneration.

Edited by ld-airgrafix
  • Like 3

I can 100% confirm this. Once me and my friend got shot at while looting the airport, I got shot and broke my leg. Seeing as none of us had any morphine or a splint my friend went on a trip to loot the medical outpost in Krasnostav. I remained at the airport guarding the door with my m4a1. Then I heard the voice of a presumably "younger" guy, he said he was friendly so I said he could come in without me spraying him with bullets. I told him what was going on and he offered to help me guard the tower until my friend came back as wel as offer me some food. He could have shot me straight in the brain but he didn't. This was probably the nicest encounter ever in dayz, I never had experienced anything near this situation with an adult.

If you posted "I want a bazooka with infinite ammo", you would have gotten more positive replies. Players who want more realistic survival game are less than a handful. You are fairly new to this forum, take a look at suggestion topics, you will realise topics with weapons are pages long, even stupid topics about wanting pink beanies will be more than a page long. I do feel most here are 12yo, and want just another cod or arma.

Most of your ideas are being implemented, and I disagree with you on faster health regeneration.

Don't put CoD and ArmA on the same line and ArmA isn't what the KoSers want since the people there can defend themselves because they have equal armament. And KoSing in ArmA makes sense compared to DayZ since everyone not on your team is a threat. KoSing in DayZ is just for the lolz and isn't really always justifiable. It's also written in a gamers magazine i read, most interactions are of the asocial kind in DayZ. Not that i say that every player doing such things comes from a low income no morals family it's the exact opposite.

Edited by Enforcer

Why do you think I want this stuff added? I don't understand where you got this fact, you must of magically pulled it out your ass or some magnificent shit like that. 

I'm stating that the original post suggested Ideas that made the game way EASIER. 

You want helicopters. A flying machine that usually has 50. cal machine guns mounted on it and flies at 200mph. Stupid 14 year olds trying to destroy the game. Unlike you and your friends some of us have lives and we can't spend 8 hours a day playing DayZ. So go to your mommy and tell her to buy you the special edition of the CoD that was released this month.

• Like 1

I can 100% confirm this. Once me and my friend got shot at while looting the airport, I got shot and broke my leg. Seeing as none of us had any morphine or a splint my friend went on a trip to loot the medical outpost in Krasnostav. I remained at the airport guarding the door with my m4a1. Then I heard the voice of a presumably "younger" guy, he said he was friendly so I said he could come in without me spraying him with bullets. I told him what was going on and he offered to help me guard the tower until my friend came back as wel as offer me some food. He could have shot me straight in the brain but he didn't. This was probably the nicest encounter ever in dayz, I never had experienced anything near this situation with an adult.

Yes, I agree we might find a friendly encounter from good kids. But I can't risk it. I mean, the majority will say they're friendly and then shoot you in the back.

• Like 1

Don't put CoD and ArmA on the same line and ArmA isn't what the KoSers want since the people there can defend themselves because they have equal armament. And KoSing in ArmA makes sense compared to DayZ since everyone not on your team is a threat. KoSing in DayZ is just for the lolz and isn't really always justifiable. It's also written in a gamers magazine i read, most interactions are of the asocial kind in DayZ. Not that i say that every player doing such things comes from a low income no morals family it's the exact opposite.

They are both war games, aren't they?

They are both war games, aren't they?

Maybe...they use the same theme but one is an arcade shooter with regeneration and instakill knife attacks even if is not bad as long as you understand that you can't snipe beyond 100m thanks to most of the map sizes and you have insta impacts regardless of the weapons muzzle velocity and if you look closely the tracers are milliseconds behind. The other game has huge maps and ballistics and isn't scripted like an action movie with quicktime events. And as i said you are forced to kill the enemy ( in CoD and ArmA ) in order to get to your goal, a lot of people bring that mindset into DayZ because they confuse it with another wargame. If you look up a lot of Epoch servers you understand what i mean.

Dude, in DayZ we have to survive, and by that I mean getting more  :beans:   :beans:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:

Now for the 12 YEAR OLDS. These kids should be stopped from playing the game. They are destroying the experience of other players and ruin every server they join. All they want is an open-world Call of Duty and this, is DayZ. I don't want to have to kill every player I see just in case they are 12 or 14 and don't know how to behave. I want to see another survivor and know that we can sort things out without violence. Of course I don't ask to get rid of the violence, but make us all try to use it when it's on utmost need. All players should be FORCED to pass a series of tests before being allowed to play the game. These tests would determine their playstyle and match them with other player that play the same way. Categorized into servers. Aggressive 12 year old with aggressive 12 year old, friendly adult with friendly whatever. I think that would make the experience way better for everybody.

Good luck with that. How do you stop them from playing after they spent their cash.

You seem like you are more suited for an easier game. DayZ is supposed to be hard, you should consider playing an easier, more peaceful game. Perhaps angry birds would be more to your temperament?

Seriously though, you seem to want an 'easy' mode. Kos should be removed? or just people who do it? or just twelve year olds who partake in this playstyle?

Rain should be nerfed? Are you serious? I have never fell ill or died from rain, and i assume it doesn't happen. And finally, zombies. There aren't many of them, and they are ridiculously easy to deal with, you can practically ignore them. There aren't many threats in this game, in fact, if you really want to survive, go to the south-west coast and no one will find you. There's no need to remove the threats we have, let's not forget, this is supposed to be a survival game where survival is a challenge.

As a 40 years old carebear, the suggestion of pink beanies makes much more sense than most of the OP. Also, i feel like most of the community are old gits with a skewed sense of humour.

• Like 1