christaras

how about some gore!?

being able to dismember zombies would be alot of fun... like choping off their arms and legs and still being able to follow you or kill you however they can...and whatabout the brains??? zombies are supposed to stay alive as long as their head is not cut off or their brains SPLASHED!! so HEADSHOTS! only if you want to kill a zombie with one shot... i know its pretty hardcore but more realistic and brutal at the same time! Brain splash!

• Like 2

DayZ 

not

Left 4 dead...

Edited by Zedertone
  • Like 1

No.

Would ban from sale in countries like Australia. Australian DayZ players would lose access without refunds.

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 1

No.

Would ban from sale in countries like Australia. Australian DayZ players would lose access without refunds.

Debatable, They're slightly more lenient now that we have an R18 rating, However if the introduce positive effects from drugs, we're screwed.

Also, It's not illegal to own a banned game, It's just illegal to sell it to us. :p

Also, It's not illegal to own a banned game, It's just illegal to sell it to us. :P

Doesn't Steam have to deny access? Like, it's still in your library, but as long as you're signed in/online (required for DayZ) you can't launch?

Doesn't Steam have to deny access? Like, it's still in your library, but as long as you're signed in/online (required for DayZ) you can't launch?

State of decay caught some flack, for Drugs and gore, But I own it and it functions perfectly(uncensored), even though it can't be sold by retail stores AFAIK. It was banned mostly for drugs, Though, The rating refusal said something along the lines of " Glorifies Drug Use "...

Even when games get banned a lot of Ma and Pa game shops import EU copies..

Edited by Preach
  • Like 1

being able to dismember zombies would be alot of fun... like choping off their arms and legs and still being able to follow you or kill you however they can...and whatabout the brains??? zombies are supposed to stay alive as long as their head is not cut off or their brains SPLASHED!! so HEADSHOTS! only if you want to kill a zombie with one shot... i know its pretty hardcore but more realistic and brutal at the same time! Brain splash!

First of all, not that type of zombie.  It's been said (and confirmed) time and time again these are infected humans who are rabid, not the undead/reanimated.  If you tie one down and slit it's wrists' it'll die.  If you shoot it in the heart, it'll die.  Anything that can kill a human, will kill one of these zombies.

Also, it's an international playerbase, meaning many nations, and many rules/laws to contend with.  Realistic violence is enough to get it banned in many countries.  Games that have gore such as TF2 get around these laws by having the local versions have gears and springs rather than blood and guts (because dismembering a robot and using it's head as a basket ball is okay, but do the same thing with a human and there'll be people screaming "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" as they throw molotov cocktails through plate glass windows.

• Like 1

State of decay caught some flack, for Drugs and gore, But I own it and it functions perfectly(uncensored), even though it can't be sold by retail stores AFAIK. It was banned mostly for drugs, Though, The rating refusal said something along the lines of " Glorifies Drug Use "...

Alright. I was under the impression Steam limited access to regions that own games that can't be sold to them. Sorry, nevermind.

Alright. I was under the impression Steam limited access to regions that own games that can't be sold to them. Sorry, nevermind.

The only one I've seen them do it to, Was L4D2, But that was before we Had R18. They may have then..

They sold us a " Low Violence Version " Bullets did no cosmetic damage and bodies despawned before they hit the floor. They sold us this at full price. I didn't buy it.. For obvious reasons..

Edited by Preach
  • Like 1

Hm, I would like gore a lot tbh.

I think when I hit a zombie in the leg with a fire axe it should go into the leg, come back out and blood should go everywhere.

I think a good chop in the neck should have his head come off and blood everywhere.

These are DayZ zombies though, so they will most likely die within seconds of arms coming off.

One thing they can do is allow it as a optional DLC rated at R18, that way a server could enable it.

If you don't have it you're kicked off, if you do have it on a server that doesn't allow gore then it just disables.

I think Rome 2 does this gore DLC.

It would be banned from Germany as well. I don't believe Germany allows Gore games either... correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think good ragdoll would be a more friendly substitute over gore if restrictions were really an issue.

I personally think gore would add in some more authenticity to some elements such as a more horror scenario in a survival game.

It would be banned from Germany as well. I don't believe Germany allows Gore games either... correct me if I'm wrong. 

Depends on the level of gore. Missing arms and legs- maybe if there is not too much blood and splatter. But any brain flying through the air- most likely banned yup.

and whatabout the brains??? zombies are supposed to stay alive as long as their head is not cut off or their brains 

thay are infected not undead.

• Like 3

No.

Would ban from sale in countries like Australia.

Fuck Australia, whats a zombie game without gore?

• Like 1

Fuck Australia, whats a zombie game without gore?

exactly man!! and if australians have a problem with this the could just make an UNCUT version of the game too!

Can i please re iterate for everyone, rpcket himself said the game has no rating so he can do what he wants with it

thank you!

I dont know... I play Red orchestra 2, and there are a lot of germans in there.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558719694697878146/E4825CD9BA8A3C397CA133B92FFD7D7B06F7F272/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558718111937499723/2F2CE19BD18E2F34493E0EC16BD1CC69CA6E0D15/

And btw, Zombies are not undead etc. AND SO? The fact that a zombie is just an infected human make him indestructible? If i shot you with a shotgun at the distance of 2 meters, no matter if you are an undead or a guy with rabid, i make you an huge hole in your chest.

Edited by Edoissimo

I dont know... I play Red orchestra 2, and there are a lot of germans in there.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558719694697878146/E4825CD9BA8A3C397CA133B92FFD7D7B06F7F272/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558718111937499723/2F2CE19BD18E2F34493E0EC16BD1CC69CA6E0D15/

And btw, Zombies are not undead etc. AND SO? The fact that a zombie is just an infected human make him indestructible? If i shot you with a shotgun at the distance of 2 meters, no matter if you are an undead or a guy with rabid, i make you an huge hole in your chest.

A lot of germans that get their limbs blown off. So gore is really allowed in germany xD

No, i mean.  A lot of german players.

XD

IMO, this shit is actually true, why not brains splashing out? Not only zombies though, if you know what I mean. 

Only recently has RO been allowed full gore in Germany, must be about a year.

For ArmA GIBs think SLX mod (?).

gore should be there but it needs to be useful, not like in old fps where the body blows up into peices when they die, more like chopping limbs off zombies etc

If you have the game in your steam inventory you'd be allowed to play it whenever you wanted, but no one else would be able to purchase it if it were banned.

Steam won't remove games from your account or deny you access to them, so long as you've purchased them.