HIHBGaming

0.44 being pushed to Stable

Sooo, it's looking like update 0.44 is being pushed to Stable during next maintenance. Unless of course something changes.

This patch will be a good one!

I are excited, Apparently there's some added fixed and such going in with it as well.

Oh man finally, I'm tired of getting chased down and beat to death before I can even make it to a tree line on those full EXP servers :'D

EDIT: Jebus I hope this brings back nighttime too.

Edited by Amias Free

I am a little bummed they broke Exp. before patching stable. Now I have nothing to do until tomorrow.. anyone know when they usually patch at? Time wise..

• Like 3

Definitely hoping accelerated time makes it into Stable this go.

Hmm, so i guess im not gonna clean tomorrow after all!!! YAY :D

I am a little bummed they broke Exp. before patching stable. Now I have nothing to do until tomorrow.. anyone know when they usually patch at? Time wise..

Its usually over by 12-1pm EST if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

So I presume they fixed the physics lag now that they are going stable? (Haven't been on exp for a few days)

Edited by tatchell

So what we saw in 0.44 experimental is basically be all that we see tomorrow in stable? Or will new stuff be added on top of that? Was kinda hoping for fires and stuff.

Has anyone got a changelist for 0.44? I can't seem to find one on these forums, but I'm probably just being dense

Has anyone got a changelist for 0.44? I can't seem to find one on these forums, but I'm probably just being dense

They are still putting it together per a twitter post earlier by Dean or Hicks.. cant remember

• Like 2

They are still putting it together per a twitter post earlier by Dean or Hicks.. cant remember

It's probably going to be Physics, Crossbow , P38 etc.. But I'm really hoping to see the AKM in this Stable patch :)

• Like 2

So I presume they fixed the physics lag now that they are going stable? (Haven't been on exp for a few days)

I think it will perform a bit better on a 40 player server, since the server isn't being stressed with 100 players from the get go. I also don't think we'll see player count pushed up past 40 on Stable quite yet.

It's probably going to be Physics, Crossbow , P38 etc.. But I'm really hoping to see the AKM in this Stable patch :)

They already said its what was in exp .44 and a few other things like data improvements and such.. this leaves the door open for other additions though so I would hope for maybe a few surprises. 

Honestly, before hoping for some new guns and rifles to be in the next update, I'm firstly hoping for this "guaranteed messaging" thing which has been mentioned in previous devblogs already. It's not only a performance issue on mid-end PCs, but especially a lag issue if you're playing on a very frequented server.

As an explanation:

As of version 0.43.116251, updates have to be spammed from client to server since the sever can't/won't confirm the received update message (yet). This obviously takes bandwidth and performance thus causing lags. So the goal is to send an update until the server confirms it so it doesn't have to spammed continously. (I hope this is sort of correct.)

That's why before the AKM or whatever gun/rifle people are waiting for, I'm waiting for this to be finally realized.

But yes, new features are allways necessary in updates to keep players interested. And I am really looking forward to the the hunting and cooking/crafting mechanism which have been anounced. I'd even like it if runs and rifles were massively reduced in quantaty while bows and crossbows will be introduced, so people can actually concentrate on hunting and surviving and don't have to watch out for that triggerhappy KOSer on the next hill.

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny
  • Like 2

I can't wait to see the accelerated time in action.

I just wonder when we'll be seeing the increase in player count?

I'm new to DZSA, does the update automatically download upon next start up?

Also, is .44 up and officially running on stable at this moment?

Thanks. *beanfist*

I'm excited, but bummed that I won't be able to try it out until I get back from vacation.

I'm new to DZSA, does the update automatically download upon next start up?

Also, is .44 up and officially running on stable at this moment?

Thanks. *beanfist*

You will automatically download the update once it's pushed to Stable. It is not currently running on Stable and should be pushed out next maintenance period. Which currently for us is about 4 or 5pm AEST.

You will automatically download the update once it's pushed to Stable. It is not currently running on Stable and should be pushed out next maintenance period. Which currently for us is about 4 or 5pm AEST.

Awesome, thank you man!  I'm looking forward to it.

I'm firstly hoping for this "guaranteed messaging" thing which has been mentioned in previous devblogs already...

I played on the experimental servers a bit last week, the guaranteed messaging seemed to be working perfectly for me.

I also found a nice log cabin style pub or something near svetlo, of course there was no loot in there on the 100 man server.