srgntpepper

New Experimental?

why i dont get the update -.-

Restart Steam. Also remember to switch on experimental.

What about the new net messages system? How does it perform? Lag/desync? Other players still going through walls when running? Weapons still holster by themselves?

Threw a bible at some random guy. Patch is good.

I also noticed, that the fireaxe got nerfed. Took about 2-5 hits to kill a zed, 1 in the head (of course).

Aiming with primary weapons is good, but I noticed it's a bit "clunky" if you turn mouse smoothing (nearly) to zero.

And i couldn't cook anything, nothing new in this section. Seems like it's really only what Dean mentioned on twitter regarding updates.

Regarding net messages: regulary desync, but can be blamed on to the exp servers... idk

Edited by aereton
  • Like 1

because experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency, we are not able to produce patch notes. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice. Experimental updates are development snapshots, so to publish an accurate changelog we would have to manually prepare and check everything which is quite time consuming.

Though heres some hints at whats in:

Throwing stuff

Messaging update fixes

Edited by DropBearChick

Performance Boost over 9000!
Just played for 10 Minutes and it didnt lag at all. Ill try berenzino City later. Also the Z's followed me into the construction site and even up the stairs, ill check for zombies running thru walls later

Edited by Grimmok

because experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency, we are not able to produce patch notes. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice. Experimental updates are development snapshots, so to publish an accurate changelog we would have to manually prepare and check everything which is quite time consuming.

Though heres some hints at whats in:

Throwing stuff

Messaging update fixes

Ok..

0.44.123800 on experimental. Ft accel time (up to x64), new mouse controls, throw items, new physics sdk, new network messaging #dayzdaily

Extra information pouring in through Rocket's twitter:

Edited by Victus Mortuus

annother update we need? / or not needed?

cooking and fireplaces still not in update... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... ok here annother emoticon for this: :rolleyes:

tttzzzzzzzzz

Got to throw a wrench!(not very far)

I noticed footsteps were quieter for me.  Running in the street was the same, but indoors it's softer.  I think people will have a hard time hearing if someone is in a building from outside now, which I like to be honest.  I noticed in the piano room I could barely hear my footsteps until I get into the room upstairs, the wood is loud as fuck still.  I like this very much, even if you step on the rug in that room it is softer, I love that kind of detail.

Ya, I noticed the axe was nerfed to hell, it took me way more than 5 hits with the axe to take down zombies.  The first one I attacked I hit so many times, I thought the axe was bugged, so I had to take out my revolver to put him down.

Movement was much better.

Time acceleration seemed to be working well, I could watch the stars moving, which was cool.

I noticed desync a few times, and my indicators for energy and hydration didnt pop up for a while, I ended up throwing up about 10 minutes into the game because I was afraid it was bugged and I was going to starve to death.

I was on a network messenger server, I think it performed better, there seemed to be less of a delay for commands in general, not sure if thats from the guaranteed messaging, I'm not really sure what to look for there.

Not really sure what else was in the patch, but I'll find out when I wake up tomorrow. 

The Item-throwing looks not very smooth so far, i don't know wether it's because of the server, or my pc, or wether it's because of the new messaging system... I just tested the new message system so far... maybe it's smooth on the servers with the old system. 

Does anybody else have this laggy flying items ? And the small or thin Objects like Batteries or Rags kept glitching trough the ground on my screen.... :(

But i Like the way throwing works. Now we can actually aim where and how strong we want to throw ^^ (hated the "grenade throw" in Arma 2)

But .....I guess after some finetuning, throwing is going to be awesome :D

MfG Dr. King Schultz

(sorry for my bad english I'm not a native speaker)

What about the new net messages system? How does it perform? Lag/desync? Other players still going through walls when running? Weapons still holster by themselves?

I didn't experience any. However I was north of the NWAF and not around any other players (that I know of) or large cities. I was on the 100 player server though and it was full to near full.

what about loot-respawn?

and for what is this net-messaging stand for? usefull for what?

This made me laugh real hard. thank you

Edited by Anullu

This made my laugh real hard. thank you

you have wounded him? :D

what about loot-respawn?

and for what is this net-messaging stand for? usefull for what?

The net messaging was fucked before.  Basically information would constantly be spammed through the server if any action was performed, if anybody put something in their inventory or dropped it, etc.  net messaging, from what I understand(no expert), tells the server whats changed, or whats happening.  The old system had messaging not guaranteed it would go through, so it would constantly spam information.  With the new messaging, it's suppose to have guaranteed messaging, so information is not constantly being spammed.  It's suppose to improve server performance.

I might have done a crappy job explaining that btw, someone else could probably explain that much better 

As far as loot respawn in concerned, I don't think it's in yet, but it could be.  I think they'd want to test the messaging system to make sure it works first, then they'll add that in.  

Edited by srgnt.pepper

I think you cant go thru walls now and i also had no rubberbanding at all.

How do you throw things if you have reassigned all your controls? I can't find the throw option in the controls.

How do you throw things if you have reassigned all your controls? I can't find the throw option in the controls.

Check the .cfg file. I remember seeing throw key there before it was even in the game.

I'm curious to hear more feedback about the little things as well.

I also noticed, that the fireaxe got nerfed. Took about 2-5 hits to kill a zed, 1 in the head (of course).

Aiming with primary weapons is good, but I noticed it's a bit "clunky" if you turn mouse smoothing (nearly) to zero.

Yikes! I had grown accustomed to being able to fight whole groups of zombies by myself with just an axe. Looks like I'll need to get even better at it :p Also, thanks for the note about mouse smoothing, I'll have to remember that if I have issues with it later. I don't remember what mine is set to, but it's something to keep in mind.

annother update we need? / or not needed?

cooking and fireplaces still not in update... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... ok here annother emoticon for this: :rolleyes:

tttzzzzzzzzz

This is a relatively minor update as far as user-facing features go, but they are laying a lot of really important groundwork for future updates and this particular patch is to test that groundwork before they move forward. My guess is you have no knowledge of how software development and testing works.

Got to throw a wrench!(not very far)

I noticed footsteps were quieter for me.  Running in the street was the same, but indoors it's softer.  I think people will have a hard time hearing if someone is in a building from outside now, which I like to be honest.  I noticed in the piano room I could barely hear my footsteps until I get into the room upstairs, the wood is loud as fuck still.  I like this very much, even if you step on the rug in that room it is softer, I love that kind of detail.

Ya, I noticed the axe was nerfed to hell, it took me way more than 5 hits with the axe to take down zombies.  The first one I attacked I hit so many times, I thought the axe was bugged, so I had to take out my revolver to put him down.

Movement was much better.

Time acceleration seemed to be working well, I could watch the stars moving, which was cool.

I noticed desync a few times, and my indicators for energy and hydration didnt pop up for a while, I ended up throwing up about 10 minutes into the game because I was afraid it was bugged and I was going to starve to death.

I was on a network messenger server, I think it performed better, there seemed to be less of a delay for commands in general, not sure if thats from the guaranteed messaging, I'm not really sure what to look for there.

Not really sure what else was in the patch, but I'll find out when I wake up tomorrow. 

All good comments. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

When objects are thrown, do they make a noise when they hit stuff?

Does a thrown knife,(for example) cause damage to players or zombies?

What types of items can you or can you not throw?

• Like 1

Experimental servers seem to be experiencing much more character resets than stable... Well, was to be expected. :)

When objects are thrown, do they make a noise when they hit stuff?

Does a thrown knife,(for example) cause damage to players or zombies?

What types of items can you or can you not throw?

Go test it when you have the time. :)

Ocassionally I get a "Dayz does not work anymore" error. Never had that on any other build before. I noticed that several people get it simultaniously on the 100 man server. Also sometimes huge FPS drops like a few patches ago, after a couple seconds it returns to normal...I believe.

Other than that, nice FPS there :O 

Go test it when you have the time. :)

I want to and I will, but I'm at work all day and very curious now!