Sign in to follow this  
mattcorman

PVE

I know, but i must.

Dayz for me is not a game , you know dayz for you is only game . But Dayz for me is the first game that I can live , breath, hope and do everything like in real life. I play around with the character and her world in dayz , and to experience one's life in dayz , etc.

I wish that I had the option of setting dayz was pure PVE server . Why? I do not want shootout with players from that I have another game though dayz is not bad pvp seems to me There unfinished . I would like it to be based community groups to mate when you arrive in a barricaded elektra where you are welcomed by mercenaries and other players . Where everywhere you see dilapidated buildings , makeshift tents , hospitals , defense fencing , shooting station , HQ , and more. And outside the gate incredible army of zombies and the task is to hunt for food and stuff out there .

So this is what i need.  I wrote this and why is this unrealistic ? Because man can not convert them into reality games , I can not empathize with the situation as I do if this really happened. Therefore I ask would be able to read the pve server where the shooting to friends and enemies melo bulletproof effect without death? Or purely unconscious without death , thanks !

It's mainly because I want my own server where you want the communities to pve . Building a world of Chernarus , the city proper , etc.

thanks

Simple...wait for the mods to come out

That's not really DayZ. That's a completely different game. 

DayZ is special because it wasn't the norm. It didn't follow conventional rules and as a result stories were bred from. Stories of survival, betrayal, tragedy, victory, loss, and human interaction. Human nature made the game what it was. To remove human nature would be to destroy DayZ.

If you want a different game, go play a different game. but PvP will always be a part of DayZ, and that's not a problem: that's the defining feature.

• Like 1

That's not really DayZ. That's a completely different game. 

DayZ is special because it wasn't the norm. It didn't follow conventional rules and as a result stories were bred from. Stories of survival, betrayal, tragedy, victory, loss, and human interaction. Human nature made the game what it was. To remove human nature would be to destroy DayZ.

If you want a different game, go play a different game. but PvP will always be a part of DayZ, and that's not a problem: that's the defining feature.

The zeds and the open world are the only thing making DayZ different...actually only the mix because we already have zeds in other games and the open world is nothing new except maybe for the size. Otherwise the current DayZ or what players think DayZ is is far from what is was, not by content but by how it's played. The only thing players care about is getting the best gear asap and go killing, most interactions are reduced to pulling the trigger. Nothing really different from CoD or BF.

Edited by Enforcer

If you play on most low-populated servers, the KoS is dropped by a bit. Most people on those servers are scared of other people, and don't really know what to do. I like them because it also adds to the apocalypse feel. Instead of 100 survivors running naked on the coast as one plays random music, it's just you and a couple other survivors in a massive world. It makes you feel lonely, and I love it.

I know, but i must.

Dayz for me is not a game , you know dayz for you is only game . But Dayz for me is the first game that I can live , breath, hope and do everything like in real life. I play around with the character and her world in dayz , and to experience one's life in dayz , etc.

I wish that I had the option of setting dayz was pure PVE server . Why? I do not want shootout with players from that I have another game though dayz is not bad pvp seems to me There unfinished . I would like it to be based community groups to mate when you arrive in a barricaded elektra where you are welcomed by mercenaries and other players . Where everywhere you see dilapidated buildings , makeshift tents , hospitals , defense fencing , shooting station , HQ , and more. And outside the gate incredible army of zombies and the task is to hunt for food and stuff out there .

So this is what i need.  I wrote this and why is this unrealistic ? Because man can not convert them into reality games , I can not empathize with the situation as I do if this really happened. Therefore I ask would be able to read the pve server where the shooting to friends and enemies melo bulletproof effect without death? Or purely unconscious without death , thanks !

It's mainly because I want my own server where you want the communities to pve . Building a world of Chernarus , the city proper , etc.

thanks

Since everyone seems to strongly disagree, play State Of Decay. It's exactly what you described. It even has multiplayer.

every Dayz play-through  follows this formula:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Since everyone seems to strongly disagree, play State Of Decay. It's exactly what you described. It even has multiplayer.

State of Decay does not have multiplayer.

I partly agree with you on this point. I've never been much of a PvP'er myself but the open world and zeds attracted me to DayZ. The PvP does however inflict a sense of uncertainty you would definately find in a post-apocalyptic world so it's a defining factor of the game if you ask me.

I don't see why PvE and PvP-servers shouldn't be implimented at some point though. It would attract players of different types and people who want the KoS-thing could just go play on the PvP-servers. No need to obstruct the PvE'ers from doing their thing imo.

• Like 2

State of Decay does not have multiplayer.

They do. Co-op patch is coming.

They do. Co-op patch is coming.

When was this announced? And can I get a source? Last I heard it just wasn't feasible.

I do sort of understand where you are coming from...sort of.  Some people want to explore the apocalypse with only the zombies as a threat.  I have played some of these PvE servers though and i have to say that while it is fun to kill zombies and loot it gets boring very quickly (about 15 minutes).

Knowing that you are immune from death while traversing the map or looting a town free of zeds has zero tension. For me DayZ is about tension.

The tension comes from not knowing, the constant feeling of paranoia that someone is nearby and you are possibly seconds from death.  Without that constant fear and tension DayZ isnt the same.

Perhaps there will be mods that a pure PvE - you'll just have to wait and see, but my suggestion is to find a private server in the future that has a community you grow to know. 

We may hate bandits but we definitely need them.

When was this announced? And can I get a source? Last I heard it just wasn't feasible.

Undead labs' website.

and the co-op was added into the steam version for those who purchased it quick enough. Later it was taken down.

and the co-op was added into the steam version for those who purchased it quick enough. Later it was taken down.

Where can I get a source? If co-op were added, I would've at least seen one or two articles. I honestly don't think you're talking about State of Decay.

EDIT: Just saw your other post. I looked on their website at the news, and still saw nothing about multiplayer. Can you please link me to the source?

Edited by colekern

blah blah blah, your gonna hear its not a PVE game its this and that I know I played the mod etc. just chuck it up to bullshit I think there is room for it and I think that's the only way your going to see any actual co-op or communities building from the ashes because as of now hahahaha its laughable, nothing but deathmatch in pretty wrapping. I like the game with PVP but I don't get scared or nervous anymore I just don't care. the other survivors lives I could give 2 shits about the reason being PVP. I hope to see PVE come into its own light though dean hall says no.hopefully with private servers a lot of the douche baggery can be controlled by good admins keeping like minded folk on the server kicking d-bags and trolls.we'll see I personally am tired of killing just for the hell of it theres no motive behind it and the cats that say survival are full of shit its just an excuse unless your being fired upon then atleast its understandable. 2 things needed for atleast the PVP to become less death match more zed apocalypse base building and some sort of notoriety system so cats no who's a good dude and who to avoid. but no one wants that because if they act like a tool folks will hunt them down and ruin there day,which in real life word would spread and folks would know this kind of information. another problem is the ability to just jump server to server it needs to be gone. a d-bag can go troll on one server then when he gets flak or folks hunting him he logs off and goes to another to start it again,it should be you leave a server you start again unless its the same server.they add these things or a version of it maybe PVE would make it with PVP still there if not well I guess finding another game is in order because this is just a deathmatch oh I'm sorry permadeath means its a survival game hahahaha bullshit.

I don't see why PvE and PvP-servers shouldn't be implimented at some point though. It would attract players of different types and people who want the KoS-thing could just go play on the PvP-servers. No need to obstruct the PvE'ers from doing their thing imo.

It would sully the game's image... the point of DayZ is not zombies, it has always been about player interactions, and that is not limited to wiggling through Elektro and campfire chats with randoms... that includes killing.

They should stick to the pure, original DayZ vision and not accommodate people who want to play something entirely different. Might even be worth having "friendly fire on" at the engine level so modders could not create any safe havens...

Do you think Universal is going to release a DVD of Hitchcock's "Vertigo" with a "happy ending" option at the main menu?

No, the mere thought is awful. If you don't like it, too bad.

Edited by Gews

though dayz is not bad pvp seems to me There unfinished 

"I understand".

To compare Dayz to a movie , you must consider at this game some kind of 28 days later...

No army of zombies, just few infected

don't trust anyone

But more harder than the movie...