vinyljunkie

DAYZ EUROPA - The world's finest vanilla DayZ Mod server

I wasn't part of that fight. I was on guard duty somewhere else <_<

And yes, we miss you... :blush:

But if you're working on 1.8.3 then all is forgiven :thumbsup: :beans: :beans: :beans:

Hey all, the server is down due to maintenance.

I will post a message here once its up again.

Thanks!

video card "evening" artifacts  .. and that is not good - a almost can't read numbers

Oh :( Sorry about your graphic card...

Hey fellow Europeans!

The new homepage, forums, chat function and leaderboards are now up and running!

Check it all out at: www.dayzeuropa.com and don't forget to register on the forums.

Cheers!

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 2

Are those squads friendly?

Some are, some are not.

Let's put it that way ;)

A lot of new players are finding us at the moment and a lot of action on the server! 

You should come check us out if you want to play on a well populated vanilla Dayz Mod server.

Hope to see YOU online aswell.

Cheers

DayZ Europa is now on twitter.

Follow us on twitter for the latest server news and DayZ Europa community news.

And if you are in to twitter it's a great way to contact us, besides the dayzeuropa.com forums and the TeamSpeak, if you have any questions!

@dayzeuropa

#win

Cheers

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

We see a lot of pretty well geared groups roaming the map. It's gonna be yet another great weekend!

And the server runs great even when 50 players are online.

Cheers

Edited by vinyljunkie

So, my opinion of this server is quite good overall. It is decently stable, I can connect fast and rarely have any technical issues. The mods/admins are very helpful, speak good english and are available when needed. Thankfully only needed them rarely. Vinyl Junkie does seem to put a lot of time and effort into keeping it running. And it pays off as the crowds hit 30-45 last few times I was on.

As for critique, loot seems very scarse but perhaps I'm used to UK410 (doesn't work anymore after public hive shutdown) loot distribution system, also maybe the owners intended it this way. Either way, it does take a bit of joy out for me personally as it takes me a lot of runing back and forth around elektro/cherno/berezino to get my 'survival'-kit together and really go play. Maybe it's my personal interpretation, but the above seems to reflect in the player stats. I think people don't bother to get geared anymore and just go out and either die, or kill and get gear. Average lifespans are quite low. Also, don't expect to fly around heli's or humvee's if you don't want to spend a LOT of time searching for it, getting parts for it, getting a team togheter and so on. Takes a lot of time.

The people seem ok. Many bandits but I think this is normal on popular servers. Met more friendly people a year ago or so when it was less crowded. But it's ok, makes being a HERO more of a challange, and thus more of a reward. Without crime, there would be no purpose for cops!

FPS is great, server restarts are nicely timed and the day/night cycle is fine. Good stuff. 

• Like 1

As for critique, loot seems very scarse but perhaps I'm used to UK410 (doesn't work anymore after public hive shutdown) loot distribution system, also maybe the owners intended it this way. Either way, it does take a bit of joy out for me personally as it takes me a lot of runing back and forth around elektro/cherno/berezino to get my 'survival'-kit together and really go play. Maybe it's my personal interpretation, but the above seems to reflect in the player stats. I think people don't bother to get geared anymore and just go out and either die, or kill and get gear. Average lifespans are quite low. Also, don't expect to fly around heli's or humvee's if you don't want to spend a LOT of time searching for it, getting parts for it, getting a team togheter and so on. Takes a lot of time.

Hey and thanks for taking the time to post here!

Just wanna make clear that DayZ Europa is running DayZ Mod 1.8.2 without any changes. The code is the one from the developers, we haven't changed anything.

However when reading what you wrote about how hard it is to find everything you want I just smiled, that's how I remember DayZ and that's how I think it should be!

If you want to see more loot however you can contact the developers here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/9-dayz-mod-suggestions/

Glad to have you on and thanks for the feedback and kind words!

Edited by vinyljunkie

It's refreshing to see a vanilla server among the bastardization that is Epoch/Overpoch. I admire the survival aspect vanilla provides and people with integrity these days is rare. Unfortunately the Epoch players tend to be interested exclusively in guns and shopping, so getting noticed is difficult. So much is lost these days when administrators can add whatever they like to the server, non use restraint or appear to consider how they will alter the experience for the player. It's Arma II with zombies, not DayZ with build-ables (interestingly the DayZmod developers are working on adding build-ables to DayZmod).

Keep up the good work and never give-in to tanks/shops/markers/traders; DayZ needs people like you. Many beans!

• Like 2

It's refreshing to see a vanilla server among the bastardization that is Epoch/Overpoch. I admire the survival aspect vanilla provides and people with integrity these days is rare. Unfortunately the Epoch players tend to be interested exclusively in guns and shopping, so getting noticed is difficult. So much is lost these days when administrators can add whatever they like to the server, non use restraint or appear to consider how they will alter the experience for the player. It's Arma II with zombies, not DayZ with build-ables (interestingly the DayZmod developers are working on adding build-ables to DayZmod).

Keep up the good work and never give-in to tanks/shops/markers/traders; DayZ needs people like you. Many beans!

Did see your server and I like some of the ideas, along with it being Namalsk - by far the best Survival-Map in my oppinion.

I can assure you that this server is sticking to true vanilla feeling and is one of the few out there.

• Like 2

Hey Cartoonrboy!

Thank you very much! I am doing it for the love of the mod. Also I have big faith in the developing community. I remember in the early days of DayZ Europa that I had to make a choice, either I try to compete with all the other big servers by adding lots of scripts and accepting donations or do the complete opposite. I decided to do the opposite when the development for the mod started again. That was the only way to help the mod and also stand out from all the other servers. And guess what, it payed off :)

I can see how players find it amusing playing Epoch/Overwatch/Overpoch but they're missing out on so much. I went on one of the biggest servers the other day and found myself not really caring if I would die or not. The survival aspect is gone, it's not DayZ if you ask me, it's something else.

However, I am very happy to be able to have such a big amount of players joining the server every day (we peak at 50 almost every night) wanting to play vanilla DayZ Mod.

And as I wrote somewhere else, DayZ Mod is the only mod out there that's balanced enough to offer an incredible mix between survival, adventure and pvp.

More experienced players already know this and soon even more will follow. We just have to wait.

Cheers!

Edited by vinyljunkie

I can assure you that this server is sticking to true vanilla feeling and is one of the few out there.

Thanks kichilron, these words means alot for us especially coming from you.

Have a nice weekend! 

Back to the server.

Please read this if you are having troubles joining DayZ Europa:

DayZ Mod has been updated, meaning you might be running DayZ Mod 1.8.3 when trying to join DayZ Europa that's still running DayZ Mod 1.8.2 (We will update soon, see the DayZ Europa forums).

How to fix it:

1. Right click DayZ Mod in Steam Library, choose "Properties", if you dont have it download it from the Steam Store, it's free.
2. Choose "Betas" and choose 1.8.2- from the dropdown menu.
3. Wait for it to install (will only take a short while) and double-click DayZ Mod in Steam and filter for Europa in the Arma2 Server Browser.

*Done* icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edited by vinyljunkie

I too am trying to be different but I know exactly what you mean about getting noticed. So far I have managed to get a few loyal players, but it's tough going. I know there are players out there who appreciate DayZ for it's survival aspect; hence your server is populated. I think many players read Epoch and assume guns/tanks/traders/waypoints; but if one were to build a server with restraint then it could offer the DayZ experience with buildables, not Arma II with zombies.

The main problem is that advertising survival on an Epoch forum gets ignored, yet advertising an Epoch survival server on a DayZ forum is forbidden.

Did see your server and I like some of the ideas, along with it being Namalsk - by far the best Survival-Map in my oppinion.

I think this comment was regarding my server as he mentions Namalsk. Have you considered offering this map? As an experienced DayZ player I find it truly challenging...

I would really like to talk with you about our respective visions for DayZ, as I believe we are on the same page. Rather than trying to compete, perhaps we could form a community offering hardcore survival DayZ, for the players. At the risk of hijacking your thread, if you want to chat please send me a PM.

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

I see alot of players not being able to join the server so I'll post this again:

DayZ Mod has been updated, meaning you might be running DayZ Mod 1.8.3 when trying to join DayZ Europa that's still running DayZ Mod 1.8.2 (We will update soon, see the DayZ Europa forums).

How to fix it:

1. Right click DayZ Mod in Steam Library, choose "Properties", if you dont have it download it from the Steam Store, it's free.
2. Choose "Betas" and choose 1.8.2- from the dropdown menu.
3. Wait for it to install (will only take a short while) and double-click DayZ Mod in Steam and filter for Europa in the Arma2 Server Browser.

*Done* icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edited by vinyljunkie

Introducing "First-person Friday"!

After a great suggestion on our forums by kekemies we will set DayZ Europa to first-person only mode for 24 hours on Friday the fifth of December.

If this works out nicely we will try to do it once a month as a reccurring "event", maybe even once a week.

What do you think?

Additional info on dayzeuropa.com

Cheers

Edited by vinyljunkie

DayZ Europa has now been updated to 1.8.3!  :)

Also don't forget about "First-person Friday" this friday the 5:th of December. We will set DayZ Europa to first-person for 24 hours. Should be a blast!

Are you in?

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

I'm in (if I won't be burried in work on friday)!

• Like 1

Hey all!

Tomorrow (or rather starting tonight at midnight) is First-person Friday on DayZ Europa!

It means that we will set the server to first-person only, for 24 hours!

We will try to do this as an event every month so make sure you don't miss it.

Hope to see alot of players on to check out how it actually is to play in first-person only.

Should be intense!

Cheers

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 2

First-person Friday went even better than we thought. Peak at around 40 players is pretty amazing for a server set to first-person only.

Played some myself and damn it's different and kind of hard.

Gonna make a poll on our forums to find out what the players thought about it.

Server back to third-person now.

Cheers.